Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to KOEI Warriors (Forum). We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls.

As a member you will also have access the exclusive Members Only Section where you will be privvy to a wide range of KOEI Warriors Renders, OSTs and Videos.
Registration is simple, fast, and completely free!

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Ninja Gaiden 3; TECMO KOEI says: "Ninja Gaiden 3 will be 'spectacular'
Topic Started: May 5 2010, 10:56 PM (22,806 Views)
Andreas-andi
Emperor's Retainer
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
LsJamm
Mar 6 2012, 10:42 PM
Hmmm....i'm not really sure what that means, will i have to pay for the pass or will it come with the game....?

The online pass will come with the game, when you buy a 'NEW' Ninja Gaiden 3 game.
If you buy a 'secondhand' Ninja Gaiden 3 game, then you must pay for the online pass (Online-Multiplayer Mode).
This system is the same system like in Battlefield 3 Online-Multiplayer mode.

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

frozentuna
Member Avatar
"Dragon kick your @$$ into the milky way!"
[ *  *  *  * ]
Andreas-andi
Mar 7 2012, 12:42 AM
LsJamm
Hmmm....i'm not really sure what that means, will i have to pay for the pass or will it come with the game....?

The online pass will come with the game, when you buy a 'NEW' Ninja Gaiden 3 game.
If you buy a 'secondhand' Ninja Gaiden 3 game, then you must pay for the online pass (Online-Multiplayer Mode).

A person who buys the game secondhand, or rents it, doesn't have to buy the online pass.
It's only a must if he/she wants to play the online mode.

Really disappointed with Team Ninja.

First, they take away all those cool weapons and additional characters and costumes from NGS2, thus severely limiting replayability.
Then they hint that they will consider bringing them back based on fans reactions, but as dlc - which in all likelihood will not be free. I'm of the impression that they planned this on the get-go.
Now this online pass issue. Makes me think that they themselves are not confident how well the game will sell, and have to resort to such tactics to boost sales.
Edited by frozentuna, Mar 7 2012, 05:56 PM.

Baphomet
Member Avatar
She's a Super Hero now!
[ *  *  *  * ]
And that's the final nail in the coffin, game is 100% garbage now.

R.I.P. Ninja gaiden, you were a good game and one of the best action games ever before greed and casual pandering ruined you.
Edited by Baphomet, Mar 8 2012, 10:23 AM.

Thee Yuan Shao
Member Avatar
AND PROM'S TOMORROW!
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
... Online pass? Seriously?

Argh, why does everyone have to get so damn greedy. First DLC, now online passes?! Great, just great.

wing_zero77
Member Avatar
combat_level_confirmed...initiating_destruction
[ *  * ]
CE in t minus...

9 days.

stoked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

denshuu
Member Avatar
Captain Nanman
[ * ]
frozentuna
Mar 7 2012, 04:49 PM
Andreas-andi
Mar 7 2012, 12:42 AM
LsJamm

A person who buys the game secondhand, or rents it, doesn't have to buy the online pass.
It's only a must if he/she wants to play the online mode.

Really disappointed with Team Ninja.

First, they take away all those cool weapons and additional characters and costumes from NGS2, thus severely limiting replayability.
Then they hint that they will consider bringing them back based on fans reactions, but as dlc - which in all likelihood will not be free. I'm of the impression that they planned this on the get-go.
Now this online pass issue. Makes me think that they themselves are not confident how well the game will sell, and have to resort to such tactics to boost sales.
I see a lot of people claiming that they "removed all the weapons" from NG3, but none of you seem to have any proof of this beyond "Well, they only showed him with the sword in the trailer. That must mean that's the only weapon in the game."

Andreas-andi
Emperor's Retainer
Ninja Gaiden 3 PS3 bundle includes Dragon Sword

source 1:
http://www.allgamesbeta.com/2012/03/ninja-gaiden-3-ps3-bundle-includes.html

source 2:
https://www.videogamesplus.ca/product_info.php?products_id=19807&osCsid=3318eb1087ded60d0593f6b5448

Posted Image

Looks nice :)
What do you think ?

Edited by Andreas-andi, Mar 14 2012, 01:34 AM.

sweet_amaranth
Member Avatar
I've been waiting for this!
[ *  *  *  * ]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ml7l8g7PIYw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ii-g2WGMLg

It's looking awesome, I think :D
I'm really looking forward to getting this game, and actually playing it.

LOL at Regent of the Mask during the development diary video. He simply says to Ryu, "How's your arm?" AS IF NOTHING HAPPENED! XD
Edited by sweet_amaranth, Mar 15 2012, 10:52 PM.

Andreas-andi
Emperor's Retainer
Two current news about Ninja Gaiden 3:

Ninja Gaiden 3 - The Trophies
http://gamesforpublic.de/en/ninja-gaiden-3-die-trophaen-eines-ninjas/

Ninja Gaiden 3 - DLC Sreenshots
http://andriasang.com/con0bn/ninja_gaiden_3_dlc/

Edited by Andreas-andi, Mar 17 2012, 04:31 AM.

zasher fgg k
First Lieutenant
[ *  *  * ]
the new weapons look AWESOME !

frozentuna
Member Avatar
"Dragon kick your @$$ into the milky way!"
[ *  *  *  * ]
denshuu
Mar 13 2012, 11:53 PM
I see a lot of people claiming that they "removed all the weapons" from NG3, but none of you seem to have any proof of this beyond "Well, they only showed him with the sword in the trailer. That must mean that's the only weapon in the game."
Those weren't baseless 'claims'. It was stated in an interview with Hayashi (or was it several?) that Team Ninja wanted to focus on the katana for NG3.
Granted, it doesn't necessarily mean that they will not be adding other weapons. However, why then did they not give an ambiguous reply (or even hint at it)? Might be that they wanted to give players a surprise after the game is released. Might be that Hayashi just plain sucks at PR.

Personally i'm inclined to think that it's due to fans making an uproar that they at last decided to add some additional weapons, hence the sudden news about dlc weapons.

SaoSao
Member Avatar
First Lieutenant
[ *  *  * ]
i got the game early and already finished it. and i got to say, it's the weakest of the three ninja gaiden games, but it's not bad. better than most games.

one thing it has over the last two is story although that's not saying much. in case anyone wants to know, different katanas same movesets. unfortunate not a whole lot of useful combos. no items, can only do ninpo once a gauge is full. ultimate technique can only be perform after a certain number of kills. after battle everything resets, but health boo. enemies are either too easy to kill or just refuse to die (these guys feel like sub bosses).

the QTE isn't like god of war (press one button and he start doing stuff for you. a good thing) instead is more like, "what to do, what to do?" a missile is about to kill you. do you duck, block, jump out of the way, or hope it doesn't hit? they'll tell you what buttons to press first. then later in the game, you'll have to figure it out yourself. take too long then the buttons will be display. kinda pointless.

to anyone who never played ninja gaiden 1 n 2, i can see them enjoying this one.
but for those who played ninja gaiden ...... it's not that bad
Edited by SaoSao, Mar 18 2012, 11:52 PM.

Dark Masamune 87
Member Avatar
Big Boss Masamune\Mr Hack & Slash\ Six Ways To Die
[ *  *  *  * ]
I ve also got the game early the game isn't garbage and isn't bad at all and I know most likely they will add more weapons to the game or else why would they let you try to go to a equip menu. You also get to play with some of the swords from the other ng games like his enemys he's killed in the the second game and he put the sword through the grave site along with all the other swords thoughs who played the 2nd game. The death blows in this game are way more realistic compared to the other two games and who ever says the game is easy must really have it on that diffiiculty.

The music will get you hyped as you slaughter the area you will get jumped and there a lot of train soilders who try to fight like you in the game. When his arm gets red he kills multiple enemys with like two hit moves and the sword goes through a shoulder bone or just any part of the body the Izuna drop is awesome compare to the other two games and a lot of the moves are insane.

Storyline is nice with a cool twist the boss battles is like all out war and speed and how nice you play. A falcon appears for you to save the game and after a battle in a area full of enemys is done you do heal like ng2 or you can uses the ninpo which also looks cool is hell.

I would say more but I don't wana spoil it just know the game isn't r.i.p the game just more realistic the grapic are slightly better thoughs of you that have a nice decent size hd tv crank the volume and follow the path of the ninja :)

Baphomet
Member Avatar
She's a Super Hero now!
[ *  *  *  * ]
I read other impressions and it still sounds really bad. No Fiends or different weapons in the main game (fiends and Momiji are online modes only) This is definitely a used bargain bin purchase if even that, Tecmo/Koei didn't try hard enough to earn my money I'd rather support GameStop of all places...

However I'm gonna just wait on NGS3 since Hayashi is an idiot and already said they're "considering" it.

Baphomet
Member Avatar
She's a Super Hero now!
[ *  *  *  * ]
I hate to cite IGN of all places but this review seems on point to what the community is already saying about the game and might be the first ever IGN review to be right about anything.

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/122/1221032p1.html

The game's a real stinker.

Dark Masamune 87
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  * ]
Well I beat the game and it doesn't suck and there is fiends in the game and ign is not the best place to get reviews half the time they make faults information how do I know this I know a couple of people that work for ign. There's fiends,soilders and momiji fights with you in story mode. There's different swords in the game and will be other weapon DLC's.

I would put out a spoiler but since I'm typing on my mobile fone it not easy lol but back to the info of this game you fight a fiend in one of the parts that's made from ryu blood and the fiend has all of ryus weapons from ngs2 and the battles are amazing honestly everyone if the game was horriable and garbage I wouldn't even be on the subject writing about it.

The story line is amazing also and all the moves from the 2nd game is in this game so thoughs that say oh the moves from the old games ain't in this one that's a bunch of bull.
Right now I will be playing this game on hard mode. The enemys are way better fighting wise. The game in certain parts reminded me of the nes version of ninja gaiden with soup up grapics lol because it all out fighting and tactics for battles and boss fights ng2 was easy is hell someone whips your ass let me heal or build my ninpo. Now you gotta earn it and then the arm of murder aka his mark on his arm makes it hard in the game as you progress in fighting because it starts to take over his body which starts to turn him into a fiend as he gets consume slowly into the darkness. By the way you double posted becareful or else the wolves will attack :lol: :)

This is official information I'm giving you all I ve had the game since friday.

sweet_amaranth
Member Avatar
I've been waiting for this!
[ *  *  *  * ]
I've always said this about reviewers:
"I don't care what they say."

I think 3 is a little too harsh; I think the reviewer sounds more like a child throwing a tantrum. He didn't focus on ANYTHING that Ninja Gaiden 3 did right, and I'm certain a few of its aspects are good.

I don't really care what IGN wrote for their review. It doesn't discourage me from buying the game, and I'm intending to enjoy it.

Andreas-andi
Emperor's Retainer
Baphomet
Mar 19 2012, 08:53 AM
I hate to cite IGN of all places but this review seems on point to what the community is already saying about the game and might be the first ever IGN review to be right about anything.

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/122/1221032p1.html

The game's a real stinker.

IGN is the biggest s..it (s h i t) !

Here are some serious Ninja Gaiden 3 reviews:
CVG: 8/10 (80%)
http://www.computerandvideogames.com/340487/reviews/ninja-gaiden-3-review-less-brutal-less-sadistic-and-better-for-it-review/

OXM UK: 8/10 (80%)
http://www.oxm.co.uk/39359/ninja-gaiden-3-xbox-360-review/

OXM US: 8/10 (80%)
http://www.oxmonline.com/ninja-gaiden-3-review

Metro: 8/10 (80%)
http://www.metro.co.uk/tech/games/893514-ninja-gaiden-3-review-level-difficulty

STUFF: 5/5 (100%)
http://www.stuff.tv/review/ninja-gaiden-3

Edited by Andreas-andi, Mar 19 2012, 10:53 PM.

DANTE 90
Sergeant
[ * ]
Is it not ironic that when ninja gaiden was a tecmo game it used to get 9/10 , 8.8/10

and now when it merged with KOEI its got a 3 ?

AND IGN knows how to bash koei game

i know it has nothing to do with that consedering that you have only one weapon threw the entire game with no upogrades

how can u remove upgrades in ur 3rd game instead of going up u go down i mean come on tecmo !

Dark Masamune 87
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  * ]
Yes that is indeed the truth ign is not the best review spot and if your a true fan of this game or not you will enjoy it anyway. It worth the money trust me even if it don't have all the weapons from the second it still the s*** honestly. I give this game a 10 even online is cool is hell. I know there's gonna be tons of DLC's coming out also I hope there's a DLC to play as other characters like his father and a few others who ever gets the game and wants to play online send me your sn and ill be sure to slash around lol. I can't wait to record the game play of this game already

Baphomet
Member Avatar
She's a Super Hero now!
[ *  *  *  * ]
Everyone agrees that the online was needlessly and thoughtlessly tacked on. It truly is amazing and depressing how people will white knight for anything these days. It's almost as bad as the people defending Capcom's nickle and diming scheme with a full third of the in-game roster of SFxT locked on the disc.

If you like it that's absolutely fine but don't get angry because big bad ol' IGN didn't like your game, most of the real NG community agrees with the review but of their own accord. The review was rightfully harsh and I honestly think it was pretty leniant as I've seen people saying far far worse and more offensive things about it all from real die hards that have been playing the series quite seriously since NG1 on the xbox all the way up to NGS2 on PS3 and have been able to properly disect each game and pick apart the good and the bad with each title fairly and accurately.

Look no further than the youtube play throughs that cover the measly 8 stages for all the proof of how god awful the game is compared to the first two.

Catallena
Member Avatar
OCTOPUSSY
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Baphomet
Mar 20 2012, 07:21 AM
Everyone agrees that the online was needlessly and thoughtlessly tacked on. It truly is amazing and depressing how people will white knight for anything these days. It's almost as bad as the people defending Capcom's nickle and diming scheme with a full third of the in-game roster of SFxT locked on the disc.

If you like it that's absolutely fine but don't get angry because big bad ol' IGN didn't like your game, most of the real NG community agrees with the review but of their own accord. The review was rightfully harsh and I honestly think it was pretty leniant as I've seen people saying far far worse and more offensive things about it all from real die hards that have been playing the series quite seriously since NG1 on the xbox all the way up to NGS2 on PS3 and have been able to properly disect each game and pick apart the good and the bad with each title fairly and accurately.

Look no further than the youtube play throughs that cover the measly 8 stages for all the proof of how god awful the game is compared to the first two.
You must be a die-hard fan. Go play the other Ninja Gaiden games then sheesh -_- .

Plus didn't you get feedback from those who actually played the game on this site? Aren't they apart of the 'real' NG community?

Oh and please don't get on the bashing bandwagon until you've actually played the damn game. I know from what I've seen that I'll miss the variety of weapons and playable characters, but that doesn't mean I'm going to judge until I've played through its entirety.

Edit: And it truly is AMAZING how anyone and everyone will bash anything about a game. The Mass Effect 3 endings not good enough for fans? BAM Petition the crap out of it to get a better dlc ending.

Oh and I have no idea what you've read but from what I've seen on the internet, man the consumer is not pleased about the SFXT on disk dlc characters....
Edited by Catallena, Mar 20 2012, 07:42 AM.

SaoSao
Member Avatar
First Lieutenant
[ *  *  * ]
when i heard bout ign giving it a 3, i was like, "out 5? yeah that seems bout right. but out of 10!? what the hell? really? no, let me read it first."

ok some of the things they said were true, but a 3? NG 1 and 2 were both great games, my favorite of action games (even over bayonetta and devil may cry 3). but with all this drawback on NG3, i think it's still a much better action title than what's out there now. maybe not better than bayonetta but it's bout the same level as devil may cry 4. well whatever, i made a point to never listen to reviews anyway. not after assassin creed. 8 out of 10 gametrailers. game sucked lol

anywho, NG3 is all right. it don't deserves a 3. like i said it's all right.

Dark Masamune 87
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  * ]
Everyone has there own opinion about it but don't even have the game it selfs to even really see what's it about and judge every review can say something different good or bad but at the end of the day we the gamers make our own choice about it and also follow the rules on this site you have your own opinion to a certain degree if you don't like how others have there own opinion about a game and wana keep talking down as you post other post then go on to another koei warrior game subject instead of this one. If you think the site main people who re read what we write don't see this then your honestly wrong. A opinion one thing but for you to keep bad mouthing something you don't even own over and over it just create a big arguement and then this will get closed down which would suck. If you can't not handle other peoples opinions and will proceed to go on and on there's no dout this post will be closed I ve seen it happen with a few post we re all mature enough to not take it to that level. :)

HokutoNoBen
Member Avatar
Conqueror that Appeared at the End of the Age
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Played the game for a little while as I did buy the game largely just for the DOA5 demo, but I can't download it yet. And what can I say?

As an action game unto itself? It's alright. Nothing ground-breaking. Certainly nothing that outdoes the "outdated molds" of NG2 or Bayonetta that Hayashi swore up and down that NG3 would surpass. But in its own respect, it's decent, barring a few things I really don't care for like boring mooks to fight. In someways, it does more to remind me of what could've happened if Itagaki never made Ninja Gaiden, and instead someone got the bright idea to try and make a "God of War-ified" modern Ninja Gaiden that had somethings in common with the Ninja Ryukenden NES trilogy, right down to the same storytelling style (natch, because that original NES trilogy writer is back).

That said? As a game that bears the name of "Ninja Gaiden 3", it has to be compared to its immediate predecessors, and that's where this game falls short. It's clearly an attempt to try and streamline the game to appeal to a more casual audience. Only thing being, I can't see the casual gamer being all that enthused with the package deal, as this very "streamlining" effort only does more to water down the things that made Ninja Gaiden actually stand out from the rest. It's a yet another clear-cut (HAH!) example of what happens when a developer focuses more on "dumbing down", than actually doing anything to expand.

Right now, it just makes me all the happier that DOA5 is being handled by a completely different team inside Team Ninja, lead by a different director who actually is listening to what that game's community has been trying to tell for years on end. Because after both Other M and NG3, especially, I really don't have much confidence in Hayashi's skills as a director.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · TECMO & Other KOEI Games · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Composed & Designed by, ©KOEI Warriors, 2005-2014. All rights reserved.