Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to KOEI Warriors (Forum). We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls.

As a member you will also have access the exclusive Members Only Section where you will be privvy to a wide range of KOEI Warriors Renders, OSTs and Videos.
Registration is simple, fast, and completely free!

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
is this a good idea?
Yes 22 (88%)
No 3 (12%)
Total Votes: 25
Bladestorm 2: The Crusades; New Factions, New Heroes, New War
Topic Started: Jun 27 2010, 05:07 AM (7,878 Views)
Hockey Honour
Member Avatar
Fight with honour, Live in Glory
[ *  *  *  * ]
it's just a thought i had for the next Bladestorm and it seems like a good locale for a heated conflict. maybe instead of a mercenary like the last one u create a character for each of the unique factions in the long lasting conflict. Crusaders, Saracens, Byzyntines(my knowledge of the Crusades is limited faction wise) are a few of the factions u can choose from. perhaps an army management feature for pre-combat. recruitment, train, equip, deploy are just some of the things that u could do. post your thoughts plz
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Hockey Honour
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  * ]
several factions, inspiring heros, heated conflict(no pun intended), exotic units, customization, weather, night battles, choose a side, espionoge, tatics, formations, muti unit control, experence the Holy War from all sides, origin stories. just to list a few. anyone else have thoughts

SRS
Member Avatar
Bow before the Kingdom of Cheng!

Hello, does this look familiar?

http://s13.zetaboards.com/koeiwarriors/topic/6711957/

Hockey Honour
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  * ]
Seraphil
Sep 29 2010, 01:05 AM
of course it does, but it's when i tried to get an idea out there and was promptly ignored. this post not the other one i tried to post in the Bladestorm section but later to my utter surprise it ended up here. i don't know

Hockey Honour
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  * ]
this has been buried for too long i want to make this relavent again.

you start out as a man or woman on one side or the other as a miner noble, small amount of troops and no banner to call your own. your first clear objective is to get noticed by your superiors gaining fame. receiving tributes from other lords for prowess in battle, you eventaully are granted land(village or city) that then becomes your hub(like the pub in BS) you can now chose a banner which your armies will carry into battle. in the hub you manage your town in various ways; ajust taxes, invest in new buildings or projects to improve the productivity or happiness of the town, ajust training for your personal troops, manufacture or purchase weapons and equipment for yourself and your forces etc.

in your hub will be a map of the region and requests for you highlighted as hot spots rating danger and reward. also there are instances where you'd have to defend your territory from agressers. requests for sieges have different objectives for the different situations eg. reinforce and aid an ongoing siege, attack and break a siege to rescue a town, or rush to reinforce a garrison before it's surronded by a siege force.
for the first time there will be realistic sieges. your units can now man siege weapons like rams and ladders, some require a certain number of troops to operate eg. can't use a ram with one troop.

this is one my greatest ideas, please give me your feedback
Edited by Hockey Honour, Jul 16 2011, 07:22 PM.

XiahouClan
Member Avatar
One of the mighty Xiahou
[ *  * ]
Amari Ade Lord of Ohray
Jul 16 2011, 04:38 PM
this has been buried for too long i want to make this relavent again.

you start out as a man or woman on one side or the other as a miner noble, small amount of troops and no banner to call your own. your first clear objective is to get noticed by your superiors gaining fame. receiving tributes from other lords for prowess in battle, you eventaully are granted land(village or city) that then becomes your hub(like the pub in BS) you can now chose a banner which your armies will carry into battle. in the hub you manage your town in various ways; ajust taxes, invest in new buildings or projects to improve the productivity or happiness of the town, ajust training for your personal troops, manufacture or purchase weapons and equipment for yourself and your forces etc.

in your hub will be a map of the region and requests for you highlighted as hot spots rating danger and reward. also there are instances where you'd have to defend your territory from agressers. requests for sieges have different objectives for the different situations eg. reinforce and aid an ongoing siege, attack and break a siege to rescue a town, or rush to reinforce a garrison before it's surronded by a siege force.
for the first time there will be realistic sieges. your units can now man siege weapons like rams and ladders, some require a certain number of troops to operate eg. can't use a ram with one troop.

this is one my greatest ideas, please give me your feedback
Loving it. How bout Co-op to? Seperate armies to control to allow domination of goals and bases.
And the more noticed you get the better towns offering better supplies you can go to Like Acre Damascus and Jerusalem.

Hockey Honour
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  * ]
right on. i was going to add co-op to the suggestions, once people noticed this but you beat me to the punch. good on ya. perhaps the option to have a co-op campaign.

also the better town better rewards, perhaps since you're a non historic character in this time frame, perhaps for the better equipment it could be you travel to these locales and have the opurtunity to earn through missions or purchase at a high price.

a thought on movement on the battles there should be an option to pick a destination and have your units autotravel there, with the option to ressume manual control at any time of course. that will take stress off your joystick for long ventures across the map.

also it would be great to meet and fight alongside the great heroes of the Crusades like Richard the Lionheart and Saladin.

Edited by Hockey Honour, Jul 17 2011, 06:05 PM.

Hockey Honour
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  * ]
another thing will be that you can wield any weapon you want and be mounted when leading your troops. in addtion to your troops you command you have your own personal bodyguards of any unit you choose. also with your own troops you recruit and train, you can also hire mercenaries from hiring areas in your hub.

also i think that the system of strengths and weakness' in Bladestorm should be toned down. like some units are better against certain kinds but example archers should be great at a distance against all units but if say calvary close the distance they should be finished, unless the archers deploy a stakes tactic to counter such actions.

Hockey Honour
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  * ]
in this once you get to a certain level of command you can recruit unique officers to aid in policies for your town, help train troops and form a seperate group of troops for battle. in battle he(or she) can be given objectives to complete while you off fighting elsewhere. that officer can give orders by themself like to advance or fall back and regroup, but they can also be given manual orders in the battle map. or this could be where a drop-in co-op could flurish.

before a battle one sees the battle map, this time there will be an actual command tent with the commanders involved and a full 3d table battle map. enough said

Hockey Honour
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  * ]
with this outing in the Crusades your character will encounter religous conflicts on and off the battlefield. in your town and other towns you will run across random encounters between civilians and officers of conflicting religions. you can take a side or try and resolve the conflict, causing fame with one or both parties either religous side or an officer/officers.
your recruited officers can also cause religous strife that can be countered by your actions. public beatings, bribes, and favoring are some of the things that a very religous officer are capable of. they can be turned away from their zelotry through in depth interactions.

Hockey Honour
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  * ]
a new skill tree can be introduced in this outing.
in bladestorm you killed people to gain points for the troop type to increase stats and such. in the Crusades, it will be still like that but with a few tweaks, you start with a basic unit with no special attacks or skills, you use that unit type, defeat enemies, complete objectives to earn skill points, which can be used to increase stats and unlock unit special moves.
also upon winning you get fame points for your fame lvl, upon leveling up you can covert each thousand points for knowledge tokens, which can be exchanged for unique tactics for one unit or for groups of units like; flank(units gain bonus damage when attacking an enemy from the side), raining charge(bow and calvary combo, arrow volloy before horse charge), etc.
many other combos and tactics are there for exchange, but i can't think of all of them can anyone else think of some others( hint any of the public this is your que)

Hockey Honour
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  * ]
a good way to spread upon this faith based conflict, is to add quotes from the Bible and the Quran.
perhaps they can be hidden collectablies in the game, the story behind it is that during the first conflict both sides in anger with the other ripped out the pages of the other holy book and scattered them to the dessert sands.
now the motive behind collecting all the pages is that upon collecting all of either books will grant boosts of skills and faith bonuses for whichever one you complete.

for each page there should be a quote that's narrated (English for Bible, Arabic for Quran) and these quotes will be the good ones, promoting patience, peace, miricales and the like.

it would be nice to put a positive outlook on religion these days

Lil'Richard
Member Avatar
kits
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
As much as I want Bladestorm to remain the Hundred Years war if they make another, I wouldn't be adverse to one based on the Crusades.

Granted it would be tougher to incorporate characters since Sala-al-Din and Richard the Lionheart and Pope Clement are the only big names associated with it, it can be done with more research.

I just don't want them to give up on the Hundred Years' War just yet, since Joan has shown some potential in WO3 and they totally skipped out on John of Gaunt, possibly Philippa of Hainault, and Pedro the Cruel, Joan the Fair Maid of Kent, and King John of Bohemia
Edited by Lil'Richard, Sep 28 2012, 09:50 PM.

Hockey Honour
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  * ]
e3 is in June with a tease of what the PS4 can do, and a hint of Koei working with it, perhaps an epic next gen Bladestorm is secretly in progress, Hundreds Years or other i hope to see Bladestorm make an epic return :pray:

Lil'Richard
Member Avatar
kits
Hockey Honour
Apr 17 2013, 11:06 PM
e3 is in June with a tease of what the PS4 can do, and a hint of Koei working with it, perhaps an epic next gen Bladestorm is secretly in progress, Hundreds Years or other i hope to see Bladestorm make an epic return :pray:
This. I don't understand it. Omega Force's producer said that he was going to make a Bladestorm sequel for the Vita. Haven't heard hide nor hair about that.

I don't remember how popular Bladestorm was in Japan (I don't think it was, but most of the revenue came from the West.) But still, man they really need to make a new one. I don't care how they do it. They just need to make a new one (preferrably covering the Hundred Years' War again, because man, there are so many new characters that could be added.)

Wei-Yan
Member Avatar
Rebellious Wei-Yan
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
the original bladestorm was awesome i had so much fun playing even now i have wanted 2nd bladestorm for many years and this seems like a great idea the play was different and fun and the crusades were good also i would love it if it was made being in the different factions would be great also
Edited by Wei-Yan, Aug 9 2013, 10:03 AM.

Lil'Richard
Member Avatar
kits
Here's a thought. I was playing Dragon's Dogma and got to thinking that Bladestorm would be a great Open-World game. The map would be France and the cities would be cities. Of course you could go to each city or tavern and whatever and have quests. Your quest choices and and whatnot would determine your fate through France or England's story. Once you take on a battle quest or whatever, you travel to camp in the open green where the battles take place and meet with a character and initiate a seamless battle, where you take your squadron and fight of course.
Of course the battles would be long, but there would be smaller in-battle quests you'd have to complete as part of the bigger battle.
Another reason why I would like it to be Open-World is that it would be very beautiful. Both England and France are beautiful countries and would do well with an exploratory Open-World environment.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Ideas for TECMO KOEI Games · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Composed & Designed by, ©KOEI Warriors, 2005-2014. All rights reserved.