Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to KOEI Warriors (Forum). We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls.

As a member you will also have access the exclusive Members Only Section where you will be privvy to a wide range of KOEI Warriors Renders, OSTs and Videos.
Registration is simple, fast, and completely free!

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Guan Suo
Topic Started: Feb 1 2011, 12:34 PM (12,485 Views)
Xalfrea
Member Avatar
Keyblade hero

Guan Suo is one of the sons of Guan Yu....at least in fiction only. The guy, like her husband Bao Sanniang, never existed in actual history and appeared in ROTK only.

As of this typing the scans haven't been revealed yet, but various leaks have revealed that he is indeed in.

Oh and please please PLEASE keep the hate to a minimum. We get it, a lot of people hate his guts, but say in the DW7 Complaints thread if you really want to vent your anger.

Let the game begin...
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Dongzhou
Emperor's Retainer
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Might want to amend the second sentence Xalfrea.

Interesting choice, I would imagine far more popular in the east then it has been in the west. OI wonder how he will connect with his relatives but koei may need to make Guan Suo stand out to prevent a strong anti Suo faction in future.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Yawnier
Member Avatar
Official lackey of Xuan Zhongda
[ *  *  * ]
As long as they:

1. Physical wise - Do not make him a clone of Guan Ping (different hair color, maybe a sort of different physical build?)

2. Personality wise - Do not make him a clone of Guan Ping (Please KOEI, don't have him have a personality where he is always trying to be as good as his late father, please KOEI)

3. Weapon wise - Please just give him a unique weapon that is different than Guan Ping's and Guan Yu's.

KOEI are adding this all new character and he is a character that not too many people love. IMO, KOEI should make him different or unique if he is to stand out and get more fans, please have him be different than Guan Ping in most aspects that I named above.

We definitely do not need another Guan Ping clone.

Basically what I'm saying is, KOEI could pull him off right if they make him more different then Guan Ping and I think it would be good to not always have him try to be in his father's footsteps and refer to his father every second line that he says, sort of like what Guan Ping did in DW5.

He does have some potential, we are all just left wondering for now if KOEI will utilize this potential correctly.

MCG
Member Avatar
Legacy Forger
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Right, I'm just gonna chill at this ok, I can say a lot of negative things about him, but I'll try not to, It'll be hard but I will try, there are obvious things wrong with him, I don't know what it is with Koei, but they always seem to add a Shu character that is just wwwrrrrrooooooonnnnnnnnnggggggggggggg, I don't know why, Xing Cai, Bao Sanniang and Guan Suo should all just dive into a trash can together <_< .

Right, in 'support' of this character, what I can say is that this is the novel we're following guys, Dynasty Warriors has always been that way, we're not following history, so we can't complain at that, so if there's a character from the novel and they add them, it's just tough tit I guess. Bao Sanniang has been a character that's in poular fiction ouside of this game, considering she's the wife of the ever popular Guan Yu's 'son', Guan Suo, she was bound to be added along with him at some point right, I bet most of you could imagine it before it actually even happened. I can't say how I think Guan Suo is going to look, but I can see some overly handsome stupid face in order to make his inclusion acceptable, if he was an ugly git it wouldn't work. 10 points to me if he looks a little bit poster-boyish :lol: . In terms of a weapon, I don't know what he'll have, I just hope it isn't anything too badass, as it'll make me angry he's got it and a poor soul might be loosing out on a weapon that could suit them.

The main negative for me is because of Koei, messing up the next generation to the great Warriors Zhang Fei and Guan Yu, we could have had a freakin brilliant and unexpected storyline between Zhang Bao and Guan Xing, who 'were' real. Guan Yu and Zhang Fei are so important to the series, and their children's history gets slandered through the production of sheer fictionality with 2 and half characters who we quite simply, 'CAN' live without -_- . The End.
Edited by MCG, Feb 6 2011, 02:15 PM.

Xu Yuan
Han's Unifier
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Dongzhou again hits the nail on the head. Guan Suo and Bao Sanniang are popular in Peking Opera. Something we of the west know nothing about. I was honestly expecting his inclusion if they were going to add another Guan anyhow. I just hope they loosely base his story off of his operas (some of the tales in them are just too absurd)

zade
Member Avatar
General
[ *  *  *  * ]
i like guan suo granted i wasn't expecting him to be added in dw7 i was expecting him to be added with hua man his other wife and allso the daughter of meng huo at least that could of made things a bit more fun.

Cao Hong 14
Member Avatar
The one and only
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
well it seems to me that koei has an obsession over the guan family. they add guan ping(bad), bao sanniang(terrible), and guan suo(absolutely horrid). I had just wished that koei picked the only important offspring of guan yu and zhang fei which is guan xing and zhang bao. but in order to make guan suo acceptable he will need to be handsome, have a great weapon, and a personality that isn't always trying to be like guan yu(guan ping cough cough). he will always be unacceptable to me but thats just because I'm a huge novel buff and closed minded.

jsully16
Member Avatar
Tiger General
[ *  *  *  * ]
I accepted the fact that they're adding him but had conditions. I wanted him to have a rich character and a cool appearance, like with armor and stuff. Instead, he's likely to be the common pretty boy beefcake with some lame-ass personality involving Guan Yu and Bao Sanniang, neither interesting in the least, with a bad design.

Everything I hear of his design so far brings me to the belief that he'll be yet another character I throw in the "never play with" category and pray to god Koei just scraps them in 8.

WarriorOfWu
Member Avatar
First Lieutenant
[ *  *  * ]
I'm not too thrilled that he has been included in the game. But nevertheless I will reserve my judgement of him until I see the CG Artwork and ultimately play as him.

Gaļania
Member Avatar
P H A N T O M of Avalanche
I feel that this will be a cool character, to go with Bao Sanniang. :mellow:

Shadowclaimer
Member Avatar
General who Pacifies the Fools

I found the high res of this on facebook, decided to beef it up. This is either Guan Suo or Wei Yan (Figured Guan Suo is more likely)

Not sure if anyone had posted this yet (didn't see it in this thread) but have at it.
Edited by Shadowclaimer, Feb 10 2011, 02:11 PM.

Gaļania
Member Avatar
He seems to have a mask, which correspond more to Wei Yan.

In the description of Guan Suo, he said he has black hair, this character does not have black hair. I think this is Wei Yan.

Shadowclaimer
Member Avatar
General who Pacifies the Fools
Fantaji
Feb 10 2011, 02:08 PM
He seems to have a mask, which correspond more to Wei Yan.

In the description of Guan Suo, he said he has black hair, this character does not have black hair. I think this is Wei Yan.
Alright, wasn't sure about the mask (looked almost more like a feathered cap) thank ya.

SRS
Member Avatar
Bow before the Kingdom of Cheng!

I still need to wait on a better image of her... I mean him, but right now I've got the hots for Guan Suo.

StrikeForce9
Member Avatar
Pink-Eyed Cyborg
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
If I didn't see it myself and someone just told me he's a son of Guan Yu, I would tell them to eff off! Seriously look at her his face! It makes Bao Sanniang look like a total warrior! That pose in the scan doesn't help either.

Gaļania
Member Avatar
SEXY! :heart:

Quote:

For his playable appearance, Guan Suo is Guan Yu's biological son who takes his duties very seriously. His earnest efforts are what earn him the trust of several Shu generals. Born with the handsome constitution of a lady killer, he may unintentionally attract members of the opposite gender.

He reminds me Taigong Wang and Keiji Maeda from Basara, for several reasons. :mellow:
Still a pretty boy, I know, but I like his design. Bao Sanniang is lucky. :shifty:

Kenji Ōgami
Member Avatar
Scourge of the Night :3
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Now Jiang Wei has a twin...? Even worse, that frame makes him look like a girl. Hahaha. Great. Now, I think he sounds gayer than Rolo. Seriously.

Think he'll be better than Ling Tong? *answers my own question* He can FALCON KICK anyone he wants to. (Poor Wang Yuanji XDD)
Edited by Kenji Ōgami, Jul 3 2011, 06:26 AM.

Joetri10
Member Avatar
I Wake Up, It's A Bad Dream...
Guan Suo is very much so the love child of Jiang Wei and Ling Tong and has been brought up by Maeda Keiji from Sb3 lmao :XD

Xiuzhao
Member Avatar
----
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Woohoo, yet more fodder for the girl players. I can't remember who said it but they were exactly right, he looks like he could be Guan Ping's son for christ's sake!

He honestly looks just as feminine as Zhang He. You could give him a pair of breasts and I would think he was a girl. The camp latex looking vest doesn't help, and neither does the stupid pink flower in his hair.

bluebolting
Member Avatar
time for a nice tall glass of stop
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Well, I mean if SNK could pull off androgyny with Ash Crimson, It won't be long until fanart of him as a chick surfaces. I for one like his appearance. The rumor of him being lady killer? Only partially. He looks like a character that goes both ways to me if I'm being blunt.

I am happy about this, he looks more relaxed as opposed to Ping and Yu, so it may be quite nice.

Viajeras
Member Avatar
you brought me to life
[ *  *  *  * ]
As somebody who complained about all of the pretty new characters in this game at first...

I have to say that I actually like Guan Suo's design quite a bit. Definitely not very manly, but I'm kind of used to that by now. Looking forward to using him and seeing his interactions in the game.

StrikeForce9
Member Avatar
Pink-Eyed Cyborg
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
After seeing a bigger scan, I kinda like his design minus the flower on his head. It's the same reason I don't like SB Keiji Maeda! Now Koei gave one to their male character as well and it's a Guan. Just great!

Xiuzhao
Member Avatar
----
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Who am I supposed to go around avenging Guan Yu with now? This little fairy would just look silly carrying around his father's massive Guandao.

A thought popped into my head when I saw the screenshot of him and his father. It would be soooooo funny if Guan Yu disowns him when he sees him prancing about with a flower in his hair. It's not gonna happen but I like to think that's what would happen. It's sort of my own way of letting out my displeasure about Guan Suo.
Edited by Xiuzhao, Feb 17 2011, 03:24 PM.

Paragon of Light
Member Avatar
The Comeback King
Not really a big fan of the guy, but his chonricle stages are good and same with his stage in kingdom mode, I'll accept the man.

For the physical apperance, I can deal with everything but that stupid flower.

Itachi
Member Avatar
Come to bed, don't let me sleep alone
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
It took me only a simple look on the scan to make me say 'I don't like that girl' and after a closer look, it turned into 'I hate that guy' :mellow:

I don't like his design, seriously I've had enough of the typical pretty boy thing, and oh, HE HAZ TEH MUSCULAR SEXY BODY OMGOMG!!111 :mellow:
Someone already pointed out that his facial features resemble those of SB Keiji, and it is true, but that crappy hair,
feminine body and tight latex thing will not make him as 0.0000001% as awesome as Keiji is.

Yeah, sure, it'd be lame for a game to so strictly follow history imo, nor I am that history guy, but after reading very very little about how awesome 'the real guy' , Guan Xing, was, I think it is stupid for Koei to favour Suo over him, especially considering that iffy design Suo has, meh. :mellow:

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Character Specific Discussions · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Composed & Designed by, ©KOEI Warriors, 2005-2014. All rights reserved.