Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to KOEI Warriors (Forum). We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls.

As a member you will also have access the exclusive Members Only Section where you will be privvy to a wide range of KOEI Warriors Renders, OSTs and Videos.
Registration is simple, fast, and completely free!

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Anarchy Reigns; Platinum Games' new project
Topic Started: Mar 4 2011, 03:38 PM (15,630 Views)
HokutoNoBen
Member Avatar
Conqueror that Appeared at the End of the Age
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Bayonetta as a preorder bonus? That's pretty big news, if true. Hopefully, that might be a sign that Sam from Vanquish is in the mix too.

Really hope that this game does well. The fact that it's coming out in the Summer (where it likely won't have much else in the way of competition) could stand to be to its benefit.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Celestial
Member Avatar
Love,hate, tragedy, and war.
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Bayonetta as a preorder bonus? Just take my money now. The game is already looking awesome so adding Bayonetta would only increase the awesomeness. :hehe:

Balder
Member Avatar
The Lumen Sage
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
O ye of little faith... :hehe:
Posted Image

EDIT: "She's a f***ing celebrity in this town, too." :lol:

Seems like a very faithful adaptation. Top tier confirmed?

Also confirmed is the existence of 11 multiplayer modes, including the previously announced 16-player Battle Royale mode. Some of the other modes are Deathmatch, Team Deathmatch, Survival, Cage Match (1-on-1), and Death Ball, which is some sort of a multiplayer ball sports game.
Sounds great. Here's hoping P* isn't trying to swallow more than they can chew.

SingerOfW
Member Avatar
Happiness From Resolve
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Balder
Mar 21 2012, 07:05 AM
EDIT: "She's a f***ing celebrity in this town, too." :lol:
Wanted to post exactly this. Goddamn, Platinum, I'm ready to buy this game twice just so I could gift one of the copies to my friend!

And here's a small bonus from the Platinum Games TV:

Not quite as pimpin' as his old theme, but still awesome.

Zillion
Soldier
Neat. Sucks that she's supposedly a pre-order bonus, but whatever.

And hey, she was beating up some random monster thing at the end? So you won't just be fighting other playable characters - stupid, but it was wierd how it wasn't confirmed earlier (I would've been content without it, only reason to buy this is the kickass lookin multiplayer anyway)

wodash
Member Avatar
undefeated in all directions
Adnan
Mar 23 2012, 04:47 PM
Neat. Sucks that she's supposedly a pre-order bonus, but whatever.

And hey, she was beating up some random monster thing at the end? So you won't just be fighting other playable characters - stupid, but it was wierd how it wasn't confirmed earlier (I would've been content without it, only reason to buy this is the kickass lookin multiplayer anyway)
i'm hoping its like the ogre+akuma/musha gundam preorder unlock thing, that you can get her very early using that code but we can still unlock her through an in-game means later on, SEGA and P* haven't trolled much with stupid DLC's aren't they?

IIRC that's a playable character, oinky or something, that transforms into a lizardman during his supermode

as for random bystanders, its already shown before, after all this game still have a story mode, and it looks like a one long story a la SCV/MK instead of your standard individual arcade mode, so there are bound to be grunts on the way

Balder
Member Avatar
The Lumen Sage
P*'s Japanese site has opened today - http://www.platinumgames.co.jp/max_anarchy/

A little concerned with those 12 slots. I hope that's not the final roster count. Especially when we already have 12 characters. :unsure:
16 would make sense, given there's a 16 person Battle Royale (with cheese :whistle: ). I'm hoping for the prospect of 16+Bayonetta.
Anyway, just noticed from the character cards that there's elemental affinities:
Fire - Jack, Baron
Lightning - Mathilda, Leo, Nikolai
Ice - Sasha

Also, there's two new videos giving us a sneak peek to the beginning of the two different routes in Story Mode.

Nothing really mind-blowing but given that the game's emphasis is on multiplayer, it's a very welcome extra.
Single player campaign kind of reminds me of Hokuto Musou. Must be the wonderful scenic route plus the preposterous testosterone (PREPOSTERONE!). :hehe:

:ot:
If anyone out there cares, Dragon's Crown is still in development.

Wandrian
Member Avatar
---
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
...Every time I see something new about this game, it seems like more fun. If I pass up on this, I'm going to...well, miss out on what looks to be a really really fun game. The combat looks a little bit sluggish, but otherwise everything looks great :D

wodash
Member Avatar
Balder
Mar 29 2012, 06:44 PM

Nothing really mind-blowing but given that the game's emphasis is on multiplayer, it's a very welcome extra.
Single player campaign kind of reminds me of Hokuto Musou. Must be the wonderful scenic route plus the preposterous testosterone (PREPOSTERONE!). :hehe:
the "oomph" on every attack to the grunts felt less than HM, let alone MadWorld, but since they're emphasizing on the VS part its a wee bit acceptable... :hmph:

i hope both routes doesn't only give us control over 1 character only, White seems to have many playables while Black have only Jack at the beginning :hmmm:

dat boss fight on black side video...might as well dub it as Gator Beard VS Iron Ox: Devil Kings 2 :dance:

Quote:

:ot:
If anyone out there cares, Dragon's Crown is still in development.
i care, but the wait is too damn long that i tend to forgot it exists, on that topic, still haven't finished Muramasa yet, and still hoping they brought back Princess Crown, make it prettier, and do a proper western localization for it.

and surprisingly, Odin Sphere is still the easiest VW hack and slashes so far, the challenge is pretty low compared to Muramasa and PC, i hope DC will fare better in the challenge department while at the same time, not killing the fun by making it too hard.

/ot :popcorn:
Edited by wodash, Mar 30 2012, 11:11 AM.

SingerOfW
Member Avatar
Happiness From Resolve
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Huh, there's lots of delicious system info on that website, but we've probably heard most of it from the reports in this thread. Still, if someone wants something there translated, tell me and I'll give it a try.

I sure love how everyone has a God Hand mode, but the equippable weapons may make the gameplay between each character too similar. But hey, it's Platinum, I'm sure it'll be alright.

The Japanese CVs sound as awesome as the English ones, I have no idea what version to buy. Guess I'll go with the English one, but still, good thing that there is no clear answer to that.

Still wondering about what character to main, but Durga and Nikolai look very sweet. Speaking of Nikolai, I hope that the next OST sample we get is that LAUGHING AT YOU HAHAHA track.

Balder
Member Avatar
The Lumen Sage
wodash
Mar 30 2012, 11:10 AM
i care, but the wait is too damn long that i tend to forgot it exists, on that topic, still haven't finished Muramasa yet, and still hoping they brought back Princess Crown, make it prettier, and do a proper western localization for it.
Unfortunately there was no new palpable info after the announcement trailer and first batch of screens/artworks. VW doesn't have the resources to work faster. But as with this, I don't mind the wait if it means a better product in the end.
Speaking of Muramasa, shame that the PS3 HD port was nothing but a rumor. :(

SingerOfW

The Japanese CVs sound as awesome as the English ones, I have no idea what version to buy. Guess I'll go with the English one, but still, good thing that there is no clear answer to that.
Dual audio would be nice but with this already looking like a package bursting at the seams, I can understand if they can't bring that.

Quote:

Still wondering about what character to main, but Durga and Nikolai look very sweet.
Still torn between Mathilda and Nikolai, m'self.
That Maximilian fella from the story trailers looks like a Neil deGrasse quality badass though. I hope he'll be part of the playable roster.

Scavenging around the official sites, found a couple of Twitter galleries that are definitely worth checking:
http://twitpic.com/photos/PG_yamanaka
http://twitpic.com/photos/yoshimura256

On a side note, likely it's nothing to be concerned with but I'll just throw it out here:
Sega announces extraordinary loss of 7.1 bn yen, layoffs, restructures, cancels games.
Hopefully, Sega's involvement is so slim that their misfortune won't drag P* with them. We're probably safe but it's always better to prepare for the worst.
Either way, I already said that MGR was the perfect excuse for P* to jump ship. :whistle:

SingerOfW
Member Avatar
Happiness From Resolve
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
The official website got updated with short combo movies for Jack and Leo, as well as the profiles for Big Bull and Zero. The latter is the first character with the Poison (Death/Darkness?) Element. If it's Poison, then Oinkie will probably have it, too; if it's Darkness, it's 90% confirmed for Bayonetta.

Big Bull's voice is amazing, and I'm surprised that it's a relatively rare VA - he just sounds so familiar and... right.

There's also this video that gives us a glimpse of just how fun the online's going to be:
http://youtu.be/qM7qLJi0y8A

misterwebby
Member Avatar
Sergeant
[ * ]
SingerOfW
Apr 14 2012, 01:08 PM
The official website got updated with short combo movies for Jack and Leo, as well as the profiles for Big Bull and Zero. The latter is the first character with the Poison (Death/Darkness?) Element. If it's Poison, then Oinkie will probably have it, too; if it's Darkness, it's 90% confirmed for Bayonetta.

Big Bull's voice is amazing, and I'm surprised that it's a relatively rare VA - he just sounds so familiar and... right.

There's also this video that gives us a glimpse of just how fun the online's going to be:
http://youtu.be/qM7qLJi0y8A
he does sound familiar anyone know his name?
Edited by misterwebby, Apr 14 2012, 04:14 PM.

SingerOfW
Member Avatar
Happiness From Resolve
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
That's Matsuda Kenichirou. His JP Wiki page lists quite a lot of roles, but the EN one is, uh, nonexistant. Yeah, weird.

Balder
Member Avatar
The Lumen Sage
SingerOfW
Apr 14 2012, 01:08 PM
The latter is the first character with the Poison (Death/Darkness?) Element. If it's Poison, then Oinkie will probably have it, too; if it's Darkness, it's 90% confirmed for Bayonetta.
If it's Darkness then I suppose it will have a counterpart. I wonder if Cereza will run into a certain someone here. I highly doubt it but still, that building in the back looks both oddly out-of-place and familiar.
Posted Image

Quote:

Indeed. I know it's not him, but I got such Emperor Wakamoto vibes out of his voice.
Anyway, I felt a little inclined to look up other VAs and was quite surprised to see that Sasha is voiced by none other than Megurine f**kmotherin' Luka and Nikolai by the go-to voice actor for characters who are always pissed off - Ōtomo Ryūzaburō.
Now I really want dual audio.

Anywho, BIG update on the official site (it updates on Mondays and Thursdays).
Team Deathmatch - Blue Team x Red Team
Durga added to the Characters section. I think they also adjusted the stat grids to look less ridiculous.
Jukebox section opened with music samples. Starting with 'Sound the Alarm'.
Twitter icons and wallpapers section updated with Durga.
What's this warm, fuzzy feeling gamers rarely feel nowadays? Right! The feeling of being completely SPOILED. :XD

Last but certainly not the least, a new video showing some play modes - Death Match, Cage Match and Battle Royale.

The players got a lot of Bayonetta-related names - GatesOfHell, FatherB, Luka, ChEsHiRe, VIGRID. :D

Just...
Posted Image

EDIT: who's that behind Garuda? Doesn't look like any of the other characters. Another leak?
Posted Image

wodash
Member Avatar
Balder
Apr 16 2012, 06:38 PM
I think they also adjusted the stat grids to look less ridiculous.
what does the older stat grid looks like? anyone have a screencap of those?

Quote:

EDIT: who's that behind Garuda? Doesn't look like any of the other characters. Another leak?
it could also just be a storymode big grunt/NPC, because you know, i'll be pretty pissed if the ones that is shown on the trailer are the ONLY ones we will fight throughout the story mode

Balder
Member Avatar
The Lumen Sage
wodash
Apr 17 2012, 02:20 AM
it could also just be a storymode big grunt/NPC
It's not. The "character card" appeared together with the other characters in the Battle Royal showcase, which solely involves the PCs.
That, and someone at the GFaqs boards with eyes much more hawkish than mine spotted a much clearer view of him. :D
Posted Image
Douglas Williamsburg
Killer weapon: The Twins aka Romeo and Julio (I think they're pilebunkers that shoot from the palms of his hands)

So far we got 12 "canon" PCs and Bayonetta, with possibly the mystery girl and Maximilian still to come.

wodash
Member Avatar
Balder
Apr 17 2012, 10:17 PM
Douglas Williamsburg
Killer weapon: The Twins aka Romeo and Julio (I think they're pilebunkers that shoot from the palms of his hands)

So far we got 12 "canon" PCs and Bayonetta, with possibly the mystery girl and Maximilian still to come.
i see,

buff guy, green costume, a scarf(?) and somewhat conceals his face, big metallic gauntlets with giant nails...is it just me or P* is poking at a certain ASW character?

with those it means we still have 2 more character to have a full 16 non-clone battle royale

Joshelplex
Member Avatar
The Nightmare of Winnipeg
Id probably use this new guy. Or the Robo-Bull. I really hope that Platinum just starts workin with Konami, or finds a new publisher, you know Sega will end up not releasing this here given the American branch is basically toast.
Edited by Joshelplex, Apr 23 2012, 01:50 AM.

wodash
Member Avatar
Joshelplex
Apr 23 2012, 01:50 AM
you know Sega will end up not releasing this here given the American branch is basically toast.
that would piss a LOT of people, because they already stated about the western release, it already have a title for crying out loud, things would've been different if there is none.

as for SEGA of America, they're already toast ever since they started to make crap marvel movie games in the PS2 era

SingerOfW
Member Avatar
Happiness From Resolve
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Joshelplex
Apr 23 2012, 01:50 AM
Id probably use this new guy. Or the Robo-Bull. I really hope that Platinum just starts workin with Konami, or finds a new publisher, you know Sega will end up not releasing this here given the American branch is basically toast.
Wasn't the American version announced even before the Japanese one? Even the character promos use English voices, you know.

Balder
Member Avatar
The Lumen Sage
http://www.platinumgames.co.jp/max_anarchy/
Seems the big updates are reserved for Mondays.

Hide your wives and hide your husbands again. Because Garuda is back to drill everyone out there. :ph43r:
Surprised to see it's Ice elemental. I thought he'd be 'Wind'.
A small Garuda note in case nobody noticed but the transformed Garuda can act as a mount for allies (not just Durga as some suspected).

At this rate, Oinkie might be revealed next Monday and maybe they'll start showing off some new faces (unless they want to add Bayonetta first).

Other updates include another music sample on the Jukebox, Garuda goodies on the downloads section and some info on a new team game simply called 'Team Battle' where each team member is appointed a category such as Captain, Medic and Commando. Players can be revived and I think the objective is taking out the opposing team's Captain.

A small note for my off-topic topic: Dragon's Crown has been delayed to 2013 and it's publishing rights have been picked up by none other than Atlus. Atlus is also lending some of their power to the game's development.
Great news bar the fact that I live in a place Atlus seems to hate. :(

wodash
Member Avatar
Balder
Apr 23 2012, 05:35 PM
Hide your wives and hide your husbands again. Because Garuda is back to drill everyone out there. :ph43r:
Surprised to see it's Ice elemental. I thought he'd be 'Wind'.
A small Garuda note in case nobody noticed but the transformed Garuda can act as a mount for allies (not just Durga as some suspected).

ooh, ice elemental drill, that i must see

i'm more concerned about who's steering when other people rides garuda, from my experience playing games where 2 Players shares 1 character, it usually ends in tears due to very weird handling

Quote:

A small note for my off-topic topic: Dragon's Crown has been delayed to 2013 and it's publishing rights have been picked up by none other than Atlus. Atlus is also lending some of their power to the game's development.
Great news bar the fact that I live in a place Atlus seems to hate. :(
its a guaranteed western release, which is great, lending more power might translate to the game being even more awesome, which is good, but the game kept being delayed is probably not a good way to promote it

all new dragon's clown infos are delay-related so far that i'm guessing the game will have a "delay system" of sorts for its gameplay mechanic, because delay seems to be the new theme for the game...

Balder
Member Avatar
The Lumen Sage
wodash
Apr 24 2012, 01:27 AM
dragon's clown
I don't know if that's deliberate or a typo but it made me lol. :lol:

Anyway, Famitsu has one hell of exclusive reveal: Rin Rin is back...and she brought her sisters with her.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
The Assassin Sisters Rin Rin, Fei Rin (our mystery girl) and Ai Rin get in on the anarchy.
Might feel like a cop-out to some, having 3 characters that are somewhat similar but each has their own weapon and I guess Strider fans might like the similarity to the classic triumvirate of killing asian beauties.
Besides, the game could use some estrogen and people without robotic parts.

With the 11 fully revealed + Douglas + these 3 + maybe Maximilian we got a full house.
Add a cereza on top, and it's one hell of a cake! :hehe:

Joshelplex
Member Avatar
The Nightmare of Winnipeg
Not really that bad. Better than another dude form Leo's squad in a white jumpsuit.

EDIT: According to Platinum staff on the forums, this doesn't actually have local multiplayer. WHAT IS THE ****ING POINT OF MAKING A FIGHTING GAME THAT DOESN'T HAVE LOCAL MULTIPLAYER
Edited by Joshelplex, Apr 25 2012, 06:27 PM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Action/Adventure Games · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Composed & Designed by, ©KOEI Warriors, 2005-2014. All rights reserved.