Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to KOEI Warriors (Forum). We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls.

As a member you will also have access the exclusive Members Only Section where you will be privvy to a wide range of KOEI Warriors Renders, OSTs and Videos.
Registration is simple, fast, and completely free!

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Sugoroku
Topic Started: Mar 10 2011, 08:29 PM (1,207 Views)
DanceShinobiDance
Member Avatar
Officer
[ *  * ]
someone should find out who is the moron who put this in SW2, then we go break his legs. it has to be about the dumbest minigame ever (ill go into a full post explaining why if anyone cares to hear why) and i wouldn't be touching the damn thing if it wasn't for a stupid achievement.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

★TENBATSU×SENSOU★
Member Avatar
★Prodigy of Xiahou Dun and Tadakatsu Honda★
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Well you are entitled to your opinion. That is your right. Though alittle vague for my taste... but it's whatever.

Myself personally, find it to be a nice break from slaying thousands of enemy troops who want nothing more than to see you laying dead on the battlefield. But man are both Akechi Mitsuhide, and Hattori Hanzo god tier in that minigame.

Too bad for them, I find the poision to best them. :hehe:

DanceShinobiDance
Member Avatar
Officer
[ *  * ]
I just hate games based almost entirely on luck being placed videogames. Especially when I feel like the luck tends to almost favor the A.I. (ive must of played 15 times now without winning...) And just about everything in Suguroku is completely based on luck...The roll of the die. The flag placement (aka, im sick of my flags being spread apart and the person winning having all 3 of theirs in one section over and over and over). The shrine effects (collect all flags = auto win >_<) I also thought i would actually have an advantage over the AI in minigames even, until i found out that the random effects basically decide the winner before the game even starts. I know everyone wont mind luck based games like I do, but I do, and it makes me absolutely hate hate hate this mode lol.

Am i missing something though? Is there a good strategy to winning? It seems like a race to collect flags basically.
Edited by DanceShinobiDance, Mar 10 2011, 09:36 PM.

★TENBATSU×SENSOU★
Member Avatar
★Prodigy of Xiahou Dun and Tadakatsu Honda★
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Well that is the main objective. Being collecting all of your flags and bringing them back to your home base. All I can really tell you is that in order for you to win, you are going to have to use Tokugawa Ieyasu. Yes I know what you're thinking, "HIM!? Of all people!?"

Let me explain: Basically, all of the games are based on how good of a reach your weapon has. And who has the most fast and effective way of winning the race based mini games.

So let's take the racing one for example: The object of that game is to reach the end of the stage first. However, you have three doors, and one of them is the right one. While the other two are explosive doors that will send you flying back. Now, Ieyasu has as one of his specials, where he can fires five cannon balls at the same time. Plus, they also have a homing ability. So just by using that special only, you can destroy all of the doors in one go, without actually having to walk up to one, and risk hitting the wrong door, being knocked back, and the enemy general you happen to be facing, pulling ahead of you.

Now let's look at the mini game where you have to defeat more troops then the enemy general you are facing. Whlist the fact that you are only facing one type of troop, which happens to be those annoying Sky Ninjas. (The ones that can barrel underground)

Now seeing as Ieyasu has good reach, he can attack them from a somewhat safe distance, and also intercept them from barreling underground at the same time. While the enemy general you happen to be facing, will most likely get knocked down, which gives you additional extra time to easliy grab the lead for having the most K.O.'s.

As for the board portion? You really what to take your time on hitting the button to roll the dice. That's what I did, and I happen to keep getting between the numbers of Three and Six. Which definitely beats out getting ones and twos. <_<

Hope this helps.

DanceShinobiDance
Member Avatar
Officer
[ *  * ]
Mugen Battosai
Mar 11 2011, 01:33 PM
Well that is the main objective. Being collecting all of your flags and bringing them back to your home base. All I can really tell you is that in order for you to win, you are going to have to use Tokugawa Ieyasu. Yes I know what you're thinking, "HIM!? Of all people!?"

Let me explain: Basically, all of the games are based on how good of a reach your weapon has. And who has the most fast and effective way of winning the race based mini games.

So let's take the racing one for example: The object of that game is to reach the end of the stage first. However, you have three doors, and one of them is the right one. While the other two are explosive doors that will send you flying back. Now, Ieyasu has as one of his specials, where he can fires five cannon balls at the same time. Plus, they also have a homing ability. So just by using that special only, you can destroy all of the doors in one go, without actually having to walk up to one, and risk hitting the wrong door, being knocked back, and the enemy general you happen to be facing, pulling ahead of you.

Now let's look at the mini game where you have to defeat more troops then the enemy general you are facing. Whlist the fact that you are only facing one type of troop, which happens to be those annoying Sky Ninjas. (The ones that can barrel underground)

Now seeing as Ieyasu has good reach, he can attack them from a somewhat safe distance, and also intercept them from barreling underground at the same time. While the enemy general you happen to be facing, will most likely get knocked down, which gives you additional extra time to easliy grab the lead for having the most K.O.'s.

As for the board portion? You really what to take your time on hitting the button to roll the dice. That's what I did, and I happen to keep getting between the numbers of Three and Six. Which definitely beats out getting ones and twos. <_<

Hope this helps.
appreciate the help, thank you very much =] will definitely give it a try today.

1st try with Ieyasu = SUCCESS!

easy path to the flags every time, won pretty easily. thank you for the tip.
Edited by Mr.Honda, Mar 15 2011, 04:46 PM.

cooljosh21
Member Avatar
Realest/Best
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
LOVED this game to death. Wish it would return. Fun way to play monopoly with my friends!

Sasaki Kojirou
Member Avatar
Ganryuu
[ *  *  * ]
cooljosh21
Oct 23 2011, 04:30 AM
LOVED this game to death. Wish it would return. Fun way to play monopoly with my friends!
Yeah I was gonna say, I can't be the only person that actually liked it.

Fuuma
Member Avatar
Ninja of the Hōjō
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I also found Ieyasu rather good in this mode due to his cannon special ability. Although I cleared Sugoroku first time with Hideyoshi because he's very fast and has very good range.

I hope Sugoroku makes a comeback some day in SW series, I really enjoyed it. Although it seems unlikely... or maybe I'll just play SW2 again and have fun with this :XD

Peachblossoms
Sergeant
[ * ]
somewhere, someone said that Kunoichi appears in the game, is that true coz i've never seen her :/

Fuuma
Member Avatar
Ninja of the Hōjō
She randomly appears whenever a player lands on a harbor square, and either gives or takes some gold, not exactly sure. Also Goemon and Yoshimoto appear, and do the same thing.

Kuroda Kanbei
Member Avatar
Right General
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
While i like breaking the legs of video game developers as much as anyone, what was so bad about the minigame?

cooljosh21
Member Avatar
Realest/Best
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I hope SW4 will bring it back b/c I still play Sw2 just for it.

AdventGreatness
Member Avatar
Emperor's Retainer
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Personally, I "LOVED" the game even though it was simple in idea and maybe comical and "dumb" in area's.

Darius
Member Avatar
Sergeant
[ * ]
Fuuma
Jan 14 2012, 10:13 PM
She randomly appears whenever a player lands on a harbor square, and either gives or takes some gold, not exactly sure. Also Goemon and Yoshimoto appear, and do the same thing.
This is correct. Rarer still (as in, I've played the game a fair bit and only ever had it happen once), Okuni will show up and give you a load of money... I'm not certain, but I think judging by the comment I vaguely recall her making it might be the same amount that has already been stolen from other players. Of course, it's hardly worth risking being robbed by one of the other three to try and trigger it deliberately... hahaha...

Myself, I was always rather fond of this little game. Not least because Nobunaga (my perennial favourite) always seemed rather good at it. Admittedly, nearly always having his flags split up was a pain, but at least he was rather good at most of the challenges (Destroy in particular, which his C3 was heavenly for; and Race was always hilarious just for the few times I'd luck out and draw a Musou Full 10-seconds for). So I had some good times there.

Always hated Steal whenever it was against an AI opponent, though, just because I swear they'd always cheat so badly - they'd always seem to know exactly where the best treasure was even if it wasn't on-screen, and often as not they seemed to get better treasure anyway. Most irritating, that would be...

ViperQueen
Member Avatar
Can you do the Totodile Dance?
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I thought it was pretty fun xD. With 4 players, i usually have everyone go around the board to get characters moveset up; and then we start taking land and castles^^

Miahou Dun
Member Avatar
Elite Soldier
[ *  * ]
I really liked it too~
I would love to buy one (but of course in SW design with little figures)
Totally enjoyed playing it while taking a break from all the fighting~
I kinda wish they would have put it in SW 3 too or another fun little minigame

SwordofHeaven89
Member Avatar
Color Coordinator
[ *  *  *  * ]
It would be awesome if they bring it in SW4 and make it online play. We can laugh, cry, and make fun of each other lol. XD

ThreeKingdomsWarrior
Member Avatar
Supreme Warrior-Scholar
Definitely wouldn't mind a comeback of this funny little minigame, which i've really enjoyed playing back then in SW2.

Motochikaforever
Officer
[ *  * ]
I hated you had to play this to unlock Okuni.

Thank goodness for the SW2HD collection everyone's already unlocked.

Aliyankee
Member Avatar
Soldier
[ * ]
DanceShinobiDance
Mar 10 2011, 08:29 PM
someone should find out who is the moron who put this in SW2, then we go break his legs. it has to be about the dumbest minigame ever (ill go into a full post explaining why if anyone cares to hear why) and i wouldn't be touching the damn thing if it wasn't for a stupid achievement.
Oh come on i wish that they have it in SW4

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Samurai Warriors Series · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Composed & Designed by, ©KOEI Warriors, 2005-2014. All rights reserved.