Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to KOEI Warriors (Forum). We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls.

As a member you will also have access the exclusive Members Only Section where you will be privvy to a wide range of KOEI Warriors Renders, OSTs and Videos.
Registration is simple, fast, and completely free!

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Skullgirls; Original 2D fighter coming for Playstation Network and X-Box Live Arcade
Topic Started: Mar 16 2011, 07:12 PM (14,175 Views)
Yoshinushi
Member Avatar
By Odin's Beard!
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Really hoping Valentine doesn't turn out to be the Wesker of this game. I've already mained her, and I don't like using characters that everyone mains.

Also: Do we know yet when we're getting Squidly and Umbrella?
Edited by Yoshinushi, Apr 14 2012, 02:06 AM.
Character Wishlist
Samurai Warriors

Dynasty Warriors

Warriors Orochi
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Balder
Member Avatar
The Lumen Sage
Yoshinushi
Apr 14 2012, 01:47 AM
Really hoping Valentine doesn't turn out to be the Wesker of this game. I've already mained her, and I don't like using characters that everyone mains.

Well, given the roster size - EVERYBODY IS WESKER. :hehe:
I'd be more worried about Cerebella. She's being lauded as the greatest grappler of all time.

Squigly and Umbrella are on hold, depending on how the game fares saleswise. But don't worry, these people don't have Capcom's mentality of wanting everything to sell 2 million.
I think Marie, Squigly and Umbrella are going to be the first 3 DLC characters. The rest will likely depend on fan feedback. *crossing fingers for Venus and Eliza*

Anywho, the game is being quite warmly received so far. Reviews are ranging from good to great, which is quite a feat for a small game trying to squeeze it's way into a genre vastly dominated by Capcom and Namco.
Also, shoryuken.com and eventhubs.com have been updating with TONS of combo videos, tutorials and the such.
I'd just want to bring this one to the spotlight just for how hilarious it is.

I swear, I could listen to that OM NOM NOM NOM sfx all day. :lol:

Also, Alex Ahad's DA page has updated with 4 new Skullgirls related pieces.

Internet dinosaurs (such as myself) and art connoisseurs will certainly get a kick out of the splendid double shout-out that is Madman's Nighthawks.
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Dark Fang
Member Avatar
I am the darkness that will swallow you whole
[ *  *  *  * ]
Oh my this game rocks although I thought I would main with filia I totally turned out to main with my valentine she's the ibuki in this game :wub: she makes ibuki dash special look obsolete and omg and all of her moves EASILY combo into special... that being said I think peacock sucks she runs away spamming anvils and bombs from a distance ... marie you know why your not on my friend list and cerebella being the zangief in this game is just its hard to fight against and fighting ms fortune I hate her head lol but all the other characters have perks and its crazy how everyone is totally cheap in the deadliest of hands i hope this game thrives and continues to impress i'm truly made a fan now... although WTF with no command list what is that about.....
Edited by Dark Fang, Apr 18 2012, 10:49 AM.

Dark Masamune 87
Member Avatar
Big Boss Masamune\Mr Hack & Slash\ Six Ways To Die
[ *  *  *  * ]
This game is badass try it yesterday my boy had a tournament in his houses and the double teams and some characters being able to air dash and the old school look and when you defeat some one it say "it a wrap" that's cool is hell fila pretty good and has three specials and who ever the games hype man is cool. I like play old school fighters like this.
Posted Image
Signature made by myself ^_^

Dark Masamune 87 Warriors Orochi 3 Hyper Playlist
My Second Youtube Channel MrGamer3011
Sengoku Basara 3 Utage collab video info
My Warriors Orochi 3 guides and tips playlist
My brother Jerzeeboii Youtube
Check my youtube channels for quick guides,gameplay and live commentary support the gaming movement

Yoshinushi
Member Avatar
By Odin's Beard!
Balder
Apr 16 2012, 11:18 PM
Yoshinushi
Apr 14 2012, 01:47 AM

Well, given the roster size - EVERYBODY IS WESKER.
Actually, I think I've come up with a better analogy. Peacock is every keepaway character ever rolled into one.
Character Wishlist
Samurai Warriors

Dynasty Warriors

Warriors Orochi

Balder
Member Avatar
The Lumen Sage
The latest Whiteboard Wednesday discreetly slipped some good news:
"The first DLC character is underway, and we’re planning out the first update."

I don't know if anyone here checks RevergeLabs' site but the WW are pretty amusing. Given that a lot of the people on the team are artists, they share a lot of sketches and silly doodles and they're not afraid to poke fun at the competition. :D
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Also happened to stumble upon something that is certain to please all the art fans out there - http://www.spriters-resource.com/other_systems/skullgirls/index.html
These are very spoilerific, for obvious reasons, so tread with caution. (Personally, I'm avoiding checking the endings.)

EDIT: music fans and people of good taste in general won't want to miss this - the Skullgirls OST is getting released on iTunes on April 24.
You can read a lengthy review of it at Square Enix Music Online.
http://squareenixmusic.com/reviews/don/skullgirls.shtml

Skode
Member Avatar
King of KW
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
You have to go to the website to get the movelist? Thats a bizarre call but enjoying the game so far... downloaded it earlier but still to find my feet with it - been messing about with the button config because the default isnt agreeing with my playstyle on my controller.

Balder
Member Avatar
The Lumen Sage
Skode
Apr 25 2012, 04:03 AM
You have to go to the website to get the movelist?
Their argument was that the movelists are something that's easy to patch post-launch and at the time they preferred focusing on having more elaborate things ready/finished/available.

But on to more pressing matters, Skullgirls finally has a European / Australian release date on the PSN - MAY 2ND :dance:

'bout bloody damn time! Mothereffin' Sony, why do you hate Europe so much? We brought you spices. We brought you card games. We brought you firearms. We brought you freakin' SALVATION. And this is how you repay us?! .....errrr
Let's move along. :innocent:

Here's some match footage you don't want to miss. The VAs of the game playing as the characters they voiced. Lots of skullgirl-on-skullgirl action here. :hehe:
This is one match that is definitely worth highlighting for how hilarious it is - Erin Fitzgerald, the voice of Parasoul, versus Sarah Williams, the voice of Peacock.

Memetic material includes "Where the hell are my Egrets?" and "Take the shot. TAKE THE GODDAMN SHOT!"
Just make sure no one's within ear reach when you watch it. Most are dubbing it "the most awkward sex tape ever". :huh:

EDIT: and be sure to check this amazing combo video by none other than the god of execution himself - Desk

EDIT 2: 50k units sold so far.
according to the official Skullgirls Twitter, it's time for someone to own up! :lol:

Balder
Member Avatar
The Lumen Sage
The game is out on European PSN Store! DAY EFFIN' ONE, BABY!! :dance:

Still got a long way to go to be anything besides a stain on this. It's accessible but it requires some execution skills and a lot more work than Capcom's offerings.
And once again, my sixth sense does not fail me - Valentine and Cerebella, my planed mains, are indeed the ones who so far I've managed to get the most out of.
Ms Fortune is a lot of fun though, so she might be part of the team too. And also as expected, I can't figure out Painwheel at all.

And for some other news, Skullgirls is coming to the PC.
From the official press release:
Los Angeles – May 2, 2012 – PC gamers, get your fight sticks ready – Autumn Games’ and Reverge Labs’ hit indie fighting game, Skullgirls , will be available for Windows® PC via leading digital distribution services later this year following its recent launch on high-definition home console systems.

Incorporated in the PC version will be updates to the game including in-game movelists, additional tutorials, retuned single player AI, enhanced leaderboards, in-game name display for online matches, and additional multi-player regions. These updates, along with platform-specific fixes, will be made available as free updates for the console versions of the game.

“Since the day we announced Skullgirls, many gamers have been asking for news of a PC release,” said Jason Donnell, president and COO, Autumn Games. “With the console versions recently launched, Reverge Labs is turning its focus to updating the game and bringing Skullgirls’ action to PC gamers. We're thrilled with the very positive reception the game has received, and the great support and feedback we've been getting from the community on a number of ways to make the game even better, and we're excited to be working on answering those requests.”

The PC version of Skullgirls will be available for download through GameFly, GamersGate, GameStop PC Downloads, Origin TM, and Steam.

Skullgirls puts players in control of fierce female warriors in an extraordinary Dark Deco world. Fighters battle it out for control of a mysterious artifact known as the Skull Heart, which has the power to grant the victor's wishes. Those judged impure are transformed into the fearful instrument of their twisted wish – a pale and lovely tempest, a beautiful nightmare – the Skullgirl! The team is led by renowned fighting game champion Mike “Mike Z” Zaimont and artist Alex “o_8” Ahad, whose work has been featured in many publications, including Lava Punch and Girls of Gaming.

This might not be the savior of the genre but it sure as hell comes pretty close and it's certainly working it's way up to it.
Support this new IP. C'mon, I need people to play with! :hehe:

theinsanething
Member Avatar
Cola Junkie
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I'm either gonna download this overnight, or sometime over tomorrow while I'm in college. My connection speed has been playing up a bit.

Dunno who I'll main, or even if I'll be any good at this game, I struggle with execution in fighters so I'll probably end up playing Peacock.
Edited by theinsanething, May 2 2012, 08:51 PM.
Posted Image

wodash
Member Avatar
undefeated in all directions
i'm so going to get the PC version, bravo RL...wait, that means i have to get me a controller...damn :sick:
My FAQS so far:SB3 gameplay guide
TOU ! SEI! NAN! HO! CHUUO FUHAI!!! , SUPER ASIA wa,muteki da! MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! :asia:
:kurokan: i'm doing this to support SB!(and FotNS),even after they finally added a Tohofuhai smiley!!!!! :ken:

Yoshinushi
Member Avatar
By Odin's Beard!
I'm not sure how, but somehow, we're going to see a Valentine Nude Mod.
Character Wishlist
Samurai Warriors

Dynasty Warriors

Warriors Orochi

Skode
Member Avatar
King of KW
retuned single player AI... is this a good thing or a bad thing is what i wonder.

wodash
Member Avatar
i heard that they will also attempt to make SG to be able to do a PS3-PC online crossplay too, while this is an awesome news, have any other game attempted this kind of stuff before?(360-PC perhaps?)
TOU ! SEI! NAN! HO! CHUUO FUHAI!!! , SUPER ASIA wa,muteki da! MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! :asia:
:kurokan: i'm doing this to support SB!(and FotNS),even after they finally added a Tohofuhai smiley!!!!! :ken:

Balder
Member Avatar
The Lumen Sage
wodash
May 3 2012, 01:25 AM
i'm so going to get the PC version, bravo RL...wait, that means i have to get me a controller...damn :sick:
They're definitely trying to grab everyone's money. But at least, they're not being scummy about it. :hehe:
Speaking of controllers, I'm getting Street Fighter x Tekken...

...pad...

...to play Skullgirls.

Problem, Capcom? *trollface.jpg*

I want to up my game and I guess a more specialized pad is in order. The MadCatz SFxT one seems to be the only one there is over here. It's still tricky. As the macros are for Assists, getting the KK or PP is gonna take some extra dexterity. That's the one thing I like about the PS3 pad - it's easy to get PP or KK by hitting the R buttons along with the appropriate face button.

Quote:

i heard that they will also attempt to make SG to be able to do a PS3-PC online crossplay too
Peter Bartholow confirmed this at SRK. So far they got a lot of thing right so I suppose they'll handle this well too. I mean, for such a small team it's pretty impressive there's no stupid ass bugs found so far.

Yoshinushi

I'm not sure how, but somehow, we're going to see a Valentine Nude Mod.
When the PC version was announced, there's lot of comments about this at SRK. Here's what the powers that be got to say:
Peter Bartholow

If someone can reverse-engineer our animation system and successfully mod the game, we'd probably try to hire them. :P
I think that's a challenge. :sly:

On a side note, it's funny to see how these guys throw a party at the 50K figure. If it were you-know-who, they'd probably throw a hissyfit and make long winded rants on how "the fans failed to pass the test". :whistle:

EDIT: unfortunately not everything is sugar and roses so a word of warning for the PSN fighters:
We have received a handful of reports that the PSN version of Skullgirls crashes when a player using the European version tries to play against someone using the North American version.

We are currently investigating the issue, and will begin work on a fix as soon as the problem is identified.

In the meantime, the best way for PS3 users to minimize the potential for crashes when playing online is to limit your online play to players in the region from which you purchased the game.

This means that…

• If you live in North America and purchased the game from the North American store, you should limit your online play to North American players

• If you live in Europe and purchased the game from the European store, you should limit your online play to European players

• If you live in Europe and purchased the game from the North American store, you should limit your online play to North American players

Know that everyone at Reverge Labs and Autumn Games will do everything in our power to address this problem as quickly as possible. We apologize for the inconvenience, and appreciate your patience.

I've picked some fights today and due to the lack of regional competition, I took challenges from any area. Bar a bizarrely laggy fight (even though the ping was green), I had no problems, but better safe than sorry.
On a side note, I'm being surprisingly serious about this game as it was the first time I played every match with the same duo. Still suck at this though. Too absent-minded. I keep forgetting basic tactics and moves. * :facepalm: at self*

theinsanething
Member Avatar
Cola Junkie
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I've pretty much just been sitting in the Tutorial Mode, and it's rather useful.

My muscle memory is pissing me about though, I have a habit of going LP -> MP -> HP or LK -> MK -> HK, and so far, nobody's normals link together nicely that way.
Edited by theinsanething, May 3 2012, 09:53 PM.
Posted Image

wodash
Member Avatar
Balder
May 3 2012, 05:43 PM
When the PC version was announced, there's lot of comments about this at SRK. Here's what the powers that be got to say:
Peter Bartholow

If someone can reverse-engineer our animation system and successfully mod the game, we'd probably try to hire them. :P
I think that's a challenge. :sly:
I think its called damage control>.<

Quote:

On a side note, it's funny to see how these guys throw a party at the 50K figure. If it were you-know-who, they'd probably throw a hissyfit and make long winded rants on how "the fans failed to pass the test". :whistle:
if it were you-know-who, they would make their next game 2 times more interesting and release it as a JP only title, just to make a point.

Zillion
Emperor's Retainer
2 more weeks, then my exams will be over and I can play Skullgirls. Good to hear the netcode is good (though I can't seem to get good online with anyone PS3 game for some reason. Probably a problem on my end but I never had online problems at all when I had a 360...)

And I swear the PC version was confirmed ages ago? What's with all the fuss about it now? Nevermind, just found out about the crossplay thing. Neat.

How is Ms.Fortune in this game anyway? I'm thinking about picking her up when I get the game.
Edited by Zillion, May 4 2012, 11:39 PM.

theinsanething
Member Avatar
Cola Junkie
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Adnan
May 4 2012, 09:11 PM
How is Ms.Fortune in this game anyway? I'm thinking about picking her up when I get the game.
I'm having fun with her.
She doesn't seem to have disjointed normals like Filia does, and I'm having a much easier time stringing together some basic combos with her.
Using her head as a seperate entity isn't too complex, everything her disembodied head can do is executed by a motion and HP.
You'll probably have a hard time against Peacock though, as Ms. Fortune has no armour frames, and all of her mobility is straightforward rushdown.
Edited by theinsanething, May 6 2012, 10:07 AM.
Posted Image

Balder
Member Avatar
The Lumen Sage
Adnan
May 4 2012, 09:11 PM
I haven't taken her to fight live opponents but she's pretty fun to play as.
She's got a anti-air with built-in air follow-up, great crossups with j.HP, a rekka and her headless games can really do a number to distracted opponents. I've fought a few online and she's no joke...but I guess I can say that about everyone.

Anywho, don't miss out on more shenanigans as the cast of Skullgirls duke it out among themselves as well as tackle Story Mode.
Also, Mike Z teaches Parasoul how to play...literally; he goes over the basics with Parasoul's VA, Erin Fitzgerald. There's some useful tips there and more stereotypical accents than you can shake a stick at.
http://www.youtube.com/user/JusticeTang

Don't miss the story playthroughs.

I will pay good money for Double's Fat Albert gag dub DLC. Real talk.
"Vote Republican. It's not a fetus, it's a baby!" :lol:

And I just got my fighting pad today. Battles begin by choosing the right equipment.
Let's see if this will help me up my game or not...

theinsanething
Member Avatar
Cola Junkie
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I don't know if it's due to the crash reports in the PSN person, but, has anyone been having trouble actually finding games online?
I haven't managed to find a single game yet.
Posted Image

Balder
Member Avatar
The Lumen Sage
Given the unfortunate crash bug, I'm limited to same region matches.
It is complicated to find people to play; I recall one hour where 80% of it was wasted in just looking for opponents. Doesn't help that I'm a nightwarrior.
Ranked in particular is kind of annoying. Minutes and minutes waiting for a match, opponent appears and after the match, we're back to square one. I usually have more luck looking for or creating Unranked rooms. By the connection info, you can get a idea if the other player is from the same region or not.

Playing fighting games online, we're bound to get or send a friend request or two and while I never made anything of the ones I got from playing SFIV or MvC3, I'm getting plenty of mileage from my fellow Skullgirl-aficionados, so to speak.

Zillion
Emperor's Retainer
So I bought Skullgirls. This is gonna be a stupid question, but...why can't I find it anywhere on my system? I bought it, installed a 6kb file from the PSN store - I'm assuming this is just installing the installer, but I can't find what I downloaded.

The only thing I've ever downloaded from PSN was some KoF 13 DLC, I was on a 360 until very recently. Is there something I'm missing? :s It's on my download list on the PSN store...

theinsanething
Member Avatar
Cola Junkie
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Adnan
May 18 2012, 01:34 PM
So I bought Skullgirls. This is gonna be a stupid question, but...why can't I find it anywhere on my system? I bought it, installed a 6kb file from the PSN store - I'm assuming this is just installing the installer, but I can't find what I downloaded.

The only thing I've ever downloaded from PSN was some KoF 13 DLC, I was on a 360 until very recently. Is there something I'm missing? :s It's on my download list on the PSN store...
The 6kb file you payed for is merely the full game unlock key.
Download the Trial version as well, that's where all the data is.
Posted Image

Zillion
Emperor's Retainer
theinsanething
May 18 2012, 04:58 PM
Adnan
May 18 2012, 01:34 PM

The 6kb file you payed for is merely the full game unlock key.
Download the Trial version as well, that's where all the data is.
Ah, okay. Thanks.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Fighting Games · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Composed & Designed by, ©KOEI Warriors, 2005-2013. All rights reserved.