Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to KOEI Warriors (Forum). We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls.

As a member you will also have access the exclusive Members Only Section where you will be privvy to a wide range of KOEI Warriors Renders, OSTs and Videos.
Registration is simple, fast, and completely free!

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Best DW7 Story?
Topic Started: Apr 2 2011, 11:20 PM (6,602 Views)
bluebolting
Member Avatar
sun ce enthusiast
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I gotta hand it to Shu having best story for me, with Wei being the worst for me. Wu is just as close to Wei's, but what keeps it from being terribad is Sun Jian, Sun Ce, and Zhou Yu. After Chibi I was like 'D: ew no more', the last WOW for Wu being Huang Gai. Huang Gai = EPIC. I was over SSX being used as a pawn, as over that as I was over her being in love with Liu Bei/smitten with him @ Shouchun. That was bull and they should've done it better.

Wei's gave me a like for Xu Zhu and Dian Wei, but that was about it. I would've loved to play as more characters in Wei as they were the smallest kingdom since Jin is apparently its own kingdom although it's just late Wei. Whatever *shrug*
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Alt+F4
Member Avatar
First Lieutenant
[ *  *  * ]
Most of the stories were pretty good as a whole, but I did not like how Guan Suo of all people got a stage and Guan Ping who existed, and did more at Fan Castle did not.

Viajeras
Member Avatar
you brought me to life
[ *  *  *  * ]
Alt+F4
Apr 11 2011, 11:07 AM
Most of the stories were pretty good as a whole, but I did not like how Guan Suo of all people got a stage and Guan Ping who existed, and did more at Fan Castle did not.
I was pretty angry about this at first too, but it actually makes sense why they did it. However, there was no reason they couldn't make Ping playable for the first half of Fan Castle instead of Guan Yu. Guan Yu already had 3 or 4 other playable stages so I don't see why Ping couldn't get at least that one stage.

Now that I've finished all of the stories, I'm not sure which is my favorite. All of them were great except I have mixed feelings about Jin's. I'd say Wei is probably my favorite because it really gave us a chance to become attached to the characters and whenever one of them dies, it stung a hell of a lot harder than any other character's death in another kingdom (at least for me.)

Jiyuu
Member Avatar
First Lieutenant
[ *  *  * ]
Viajeras
Apr 11 2011, 11:16 AM
Alt+F4
Apr 11 2011, 11:07 AM
I was pretty angry about this at first too, but it actually makes sense why they did it. However, there was no reason they couldn't make Ping playable for the first half of Fan Castle instead of Guan Yu. Guan Yu already had 3 or 4 other playable stages so I don't see why Ping couldn't get at least that one stage.
I agree with this - it wouldn't have hurt for them to have taken a couple more opportunites to give more neglected characters (even half) a stage, I think.

However, I'm very impressed with every story this time - they've really improved the existing kingdom ones and added depth. The narratives were generally gripping and pretty well woven together - you feel like all this happened to actual people (or at least not cardboard cut-outs), and you feel for the majority of them more. My favourite has to be Shu just because I enjoyed playing it the most, and it's hard to rank them after that since I liked each one a lot. A few spoiler-ish comments about each one..

Shu:
Spoiler: click to toggle

Wei:

Wu:

Jin:

Ligertankk
Member Avatar
Sergeant
[ * ]
I think Wei has been the best Story line so far. It's very interesting and has its twist and turns i like it how they now added how Xiahou Dun found Dian Wei and i like the part when Cao Cao died because you would never expect him to ask for forgiveness and was thanking Xiahou Dun.

Simo
Han's Unifier
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I voted for Wei. I liked how they played out the good side of Cao Cao and the true feelings he has for his officers. Only complaint was where it ended.

DANGER
Member Avatar
Elite Soldier
[ *  * ]
wei it has a hard ass badass guys and badass story

dancingswan
Member Avatar
---

I voted for Wu.
I really loved the beginning with Sun Jian and his children.
I will say the defining moment for me was when Sun Quan killed Zhang Liao. Even though he stole someone's thunder, I totally fell in love with the story.
Some may call him cheap, some may say it isn't fair what he did. But I respected him for doing that. He admitted his flaws, but then turns it around and defeats one of his force's nightmares.

In the end loved this story.

I will say I didn't not like any of the stories. All of them were fascinating. Cao Cao's hiding of emotions. The Sima's climb. Shu's journey to power. I loved aspects of each story. Wu's just shined the most for me.

Belphie-kins
Member Avatar
With Strength and spirit!
[ *  *  *  * ]
I love Wei's story, but Shu's sounds just like ROTK. Cao Cao is indeed a hero of the Chaos. Liu Bei is a kind, just leader, and I'd love to live under his rule.

My alltime favourite, like said the post above me, would probably be Wu, since Sun Jian is a family man.
Edited by Belphie-kins, Apr 22 2011, 11:51 PM.

Spangler225
Member Avatar
A Dog All Alone In The World
[ *  *  *  * ]
SHU WAS THE BEST!!!! lol it had the best CG cutscenes, very well told. Wei worst because it felt rushed, IT ENDED AT FAN CASTLE! why not wu zhang plains?? Wu was good, no complaints there. Jin was very good, great addition to the series

ViperQueen
Member Avatar
Can you do the Totodile Dance?
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I would have to say either wu or shu. *cant decide* >.< Wei was okay (only liked the xiahou dance scene), but other than that there was nothing else for me *Cao Cao seems nice O_o*. Jin was okay too, but I felt that I'd been Sima Zhao alot through most of the story

davidyang1123
Soldier
[ * ]
I would have to say Wu. The Shu story line was ok but it didn't really shine to me. Wei was just too quick. Didn't really get a feel for that kingdom. Wu felt really long though. And you get to play a good variety of characters from their kingdom which was pretty fun. Although the Qiao sisters never made an apperence. I felt like Xiao Qiao could of atleast made an appearance at the battle of Chi Bi but oh well. Overall I think Wu had a better story.

Sera
Member Avatar
Supreme Warrior-Scholar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I haven't played the game, however I watched videos with the whole stories for all the kingdoms both in Japanese and English, and I think the best is the Shu one. It had some great cutscenes such as Zhang Fei and Zhao Yun at Changban, Liu Bei grieving over Guan Yu and -at last!- Zhang Fei's deaths, etc., moreover it felt more like the general story of the kingdom (various characters that form a more general story) instead of a story saw from the point of view of a main character like for Wei (Xiahou Dun), Wu (Sun Quan) and Jin (Sima Zhao).

That said, I liked also Wei story. Good cutscenes there, too, and it contains the one that is probably my favourite in the whole game, where some Wei officers talk about the future and Xu Zhu wants to teach Dian Wei how to plow a field.
I didn't like Wu and Jin much, unfortunately. Though I think there were some good moments and I enjoyed the cutscene where Sun Quan cuts the desk and the part where Sima Zhao meets Liu Shan.

Meeks
Member Avatar
Sergeant
[ * ]
I've only beaten WEI right now, but I gotta say that it's been the greatest ending I've seen in a DW game ever. simply love how they explained everything, I enjoyed it so much and wanted more 8( didn't want it to end at all, so right now Wei definitely is ahead from the other stories for me. (currently playing WU and still not feeling the same as I did with WEI)

Apathetic Piggy
Member Avatar
Let's! Drive! XAVI!
[ *  *  *  * ]
I've only had time to clear Wei and Wu at the moment, and overall I was pleased. Wei's ending felt a bit rushed, though. As if it were the outline for a magnificent conclusion to Cao Cao's ambitions, but clipped short for run time.

Wu's was a good idea not executed properly. I feel each could have used a little more time to conclude properly. But so far, digging DW7 a fair bit.

Have not played enough of DW since 3 to say if it's the best yet, but certainly enjoyable. If anything, it's warmed me to a few characters I didn't quite care for previously. Looking forward to Shu and Jin this weekend, should my schedule permit.

Kivist
Member Avatar

The only story that appealed to me the most was Wu when they did the scenes with Jian and his children. It made me do a lot of "d'awww" over them but after Ce's death, I pretty much ended up skipping through half the scenes once it started showing up all over the place following him around then I started to lose interest with the rest of Wu's story for the most part.

All the other stories didn't interest me at all, then again, maybe I am not much of a fan with the other kingdoms compared to Wu supposedly. I mostly just rushed through the game after finishing Wu skipping about half the scenes just to get my trophies quicker. Oh well.

Moogle
Member Avatar
but first...
It's hard for me to say...

I'd probably say Wu, the beginning was absolutely spectacular, I lvoed it... But after that, it did go a bit down hill I think.. :/

I enjoyed them all apart from Jin though.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Ryoreiki
Member Avatar
Do not pursue.....
Wu's turned out pretty sad for me. The deaths had such a dramatic affect to them.

Shu's was ok. The death of Liu Bei's sworn brothers was pretty interesting. I still wonder why Sun Shang Xiang never fought for them though.

Wei's story mode was so damn difficult (match-wise), and I'm a bit disappointed that their story mode wasn't long. Cao Cao was practically alive near the end of the story mode.

Jin's was so annoying, but I give them the benefit of the doubt because they are new, and other 3 kingdoms had very few pre-Wu Zhang characters, except Shu maybe. The thing annoying about it was that I was constantly fighting Jiang Wei and his army, while fights with Wu and Wei were very few.

Another annoying thing was constantly fighting as Sima Zhao, who is absolutely not the best crowd clearer, as opposed to the three Suns, Cao Cao, and Liu Bei.

The amount of deceit on the kingdom added some things, and made this one quite different than the other three. But like I said, I'll give this one the benefit of the doubt, because as of the characters after wu zhang plains:

2 are Wu (Ding Feng, and Lian Shi. Zhuge Dan later on )
0 are Wei that were against Jin
6 are Shu (Liu Shan (only on one stage though) Jiang Wei, Guan Suo, Xing Cai, Ma Dai, and the general Liao Hua(?). Bao Sanniang, an after Wu-Zhang plains officer, never appeared, so she doesn't count. Xiahou Ba later on, but you might as well count him in as shu, because he's there with shu very early in the Jin storyline)

Does anyone think that Liu Shan was quite a great role model in Jin's storymode?
Edited by Ryoreiki, May 3 2011, 04:13 AM.

Fuuma
Member Avatar
Ninja of the Hōjō
Haven't been here for a while since I've been playing DW7 a lot.

I'll put the four stories from best to worst (or not necessarily worst, just the least one I liked):
Wei -> Jin -> Wu -> Shu

To sum it up briefly since I'm a bit busy now:
Wei had very interesting character development, Jin was all new which made it awesome, Wu portrayed the Sun family three generations nicely and Shu just screamed virtue and benevolence.
Edited by Fuuma, May 4 2011, 07:28 PM.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

badazz_ggiovega
Elite Soldier
[ *  * ]
as far as story it self, shu was best
but jins story was most fun for me to play

Paragon of Light
Member Avatar
The Comeback King
There is indeed a lot of stealing the moments of glory or I could be exaggerating it.

The ones I know of are Sun Quan killing Zhang Liao instead of Ding Feng, Ma Dai being the commander at Xingshi instead of Wang Ping and Zhao Yun killing Gan Ning.

Other than that, the stories in general were good but all suffer from obivous flaws.

Liu_Bei1
Member Avatar
Soldier
[ * ]
It's tough for me to choose between Wei and Shu (Wu and Jin are well behind those two in my mind). Wei just did such a great job at humanizing the rather brutal historical figure of Cao Cao, had what I found the saddest death scene, but Shu is my favourite Kingdom and they told a great story around Zhuge Liang, the three brothers, and passing down the torch.

Xiahou_Chuck
Member Avatar
Bishop of Evil
[ *  * ]
I've only played through Wei, Wu and Shu so far. I love how they're all pretty bittersweet.

Wei had some pretty silly moments, mainly involving Xu Zhu and Zhang He. Gay Wolverine's entertaining, but Xu Zhu's my most hated member of my favourite faction. The ending had a good 'victory, but with looming evil' feel.

Wu had a rough time and to end basically throwing in the towel as far as idealism goes was pretty sad.

With Shu I'd have liked more time to get to know Jiang Wei given he's the player's "character" for the last levels and the final animation. The death of Kongming was of course, sad, but BENEVOLENCE!!!11!!!!oneoneone!!! Yeah, that was the most gash out of the endings so far.

I've yet to try Jin, but they're next on my hit list. I can't wait. I've finished book three of the Unabridged R3K so I have no idea what to expect.

echo 78
Member Avatar
To the right
[ *  * ]
I liked Jin's story the most, but that may be because since it was new it felt the most interesting. I though that Shu's and Wu's were boring... I thought that Wei's was well done though (for once I enjoyed playing as Wei characters).

Frayling0
Member Avatar
Han's Unifier
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I actually found that I enjoyed Wu the most - I loved Lian Shi's position as the rock for Sun Quan, and it felt the saddest story of all what with the high volume of deaths. I think I liked it the most because pre-DW7 Sun Quan had been an underused character, but this instalment thrust him into the focus of the narrative and we got a much better glimpse into his psyche.

I enjoyed Jin the least of all... it was rebellion after rebellion, and featured far too much Sima Zhao. I would have liked to have seen Zhuge Dan and Wang Yuanji feature in more battles.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Dynasty Warriors 7 · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Composed & Designed by, ŠKOEI Warriors, 2005-2014. All rights reserved.