Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to KOEI Warriors (Forum). We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls.

As a member you will also have access the exclusive Members Only Section where you will be privvy to a wide range of KOEI Warriors Renders, OSTs and Videos.
Registration is simple, fast, and completely free!

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Shu Invasions; Jiang Wei's deluded attempts
Topic Started: May 14 2011, 10:53 PM (707 Views)
Paragon of Light
Member Avatar
The Comeback King
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
This is about Jiang Wei's invasions against wei.

Since there were so many it would be best just to talk about them all here.

What do you think of the 4 times Jiang Wei tried to invade Wei to no avail? Should they of included the other 5 in some way? Are you glad they only stuck to 4? Which ones do you like and which ones do you despise the most?

The ones I like are the first and 4th. The first for Sima Shi's apperance and playing as him and the 4th for the combined team fo Deng Ai and Zhoug Hui. (Plus on a sidenote, these are the stages Ma Dai appears.)
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Sima Yan
Member Avatar
Emperor of Jin
[ *  *  *  * ]
It fleshed out Jin's characters but I got confused at which battles were which sometimes. Here is the wiki on the campaigns for the background history.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jiang_Wei%27s_Northern_Expeditions
I found them fun but Shu needs new characters or it can get boring beating on the same people heheh.

Viajeras
Member Avatar
you brought me to life
[ *  *  *  * ]
Even though Jiang Wei got annoying really quickly, I did enjoy these battles. They serve as buildup for the final showdown in Chengdu. My only wish now is that the Shu story mode had some of these battles playable. I understand they're all(?) losing battles, but it would give all of the shafted late generation Shu characters a chance to shine.

garnix
Member Avatar
Supreme Warrior-Scholar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
These battles were nice. However I wish all of Jiang Wei's campaign will be featured in the next installment.
And as the post above me says, it would be great if these battles were playable on Shu side as well. I mean, not necessary in Story mode, but in a free mode.
I'm really curious on what DW8 will give to the Post Wuzhang era.
In my opinion, DW7's Jin story mode was not enough to go through all of this time period.

Kuroda Kanbei
Member Avatar
Right General
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
By the fourth time my opinion of the Shu invasions could be summed up with ''Ugh''

Paragon of Light
Member Avatar
The Comeback King
Hey it's just a good thing that they didn't show all nine of them. Combining both dw7 and xl, a total of 6 of the she invasions were in the game which is still a fair amount.

Paragon of Light
Member Avatar
The Comeback King
I'll admit I kinda glad and yet baffled at what Koei did with Jiang Wei's NCs. Instead of them being 6 stages, it's just one stage where you have to save Guo Huai. While it serves as an effective allegory in that they all failed, it takes away to how Jiang Wei just descended into madness with these attacks.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Stage Specific Discussions · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Composed & Designed by, ©KOEI Warriors, 2005-2014. All rights reserved.