Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to KOEI Warriors (Forum). We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls.

As a member you will also have access the exclusive Members Only Section where you will be privvy to a wide range of KOEI Warriors Renders, OSTs and Videos.
Registration is simple, fast, and completely free!

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features!

Username:   Password:
Poll Only
Which Character Do You Want In DW8?
Lu Kang 8 (8.8%)
Zhu Ran 4 (4.4%)
Sun Hao 2 (2.2%)
Sima Yan 9 (9.9%)
Zhang Chunhua 17 (18.7%)
Jia Chong 1 (1.1%)
Huang Hao 2 (2.2%)
Liao Hua 30 (33%)
Pang De 2 (2.2%)
Guo Jia 3 (3.3%)
Yuan Shu 13 (14.3%)
Total Votes: 91
DW8 Character Poll (Final Round); It's Down To The Final 10!
Topic Started: May 18 2011, 02:55 PM (6,597 Views)
SunWu80
Member Avatar
General
[ *  *  *  * ]
Ok then, I've seen a lot of character polls around here but it has occured to me that we've never had a poll like the one done in Famitsu, last week. The japanese results got me thinking, how different is the western wishlist? So i've decided to do a poll, I haven't made this a multiple choice Poll because there are too many possible answers, but all you need to do is just state a character for each kingdom (including other), I'll close the poll on Wed 25th at 8PM (UK Time) and post the results pretty soon afterwards (I'll be posting the Top 20 Characters, The top 10 for each kingdom, the top 10 females etc)

So I Suppose i'd better Vote!

Wei: Guo Jia + Man Chong
Wu: Zhuge Ke + Lu Kang

Shu: Liao Hua + Huang Hao

Jin: Jia Chong + Wang Jun

Other: Yuan Shu + He Jin
Edited by SunWu80, May 23 2011, 04:28 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Ryoreiki
Member Avatar
Do not pursue.....
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I much prefer a character poll for each kingdom instead, but this is just fine. Not sure about my "male" choices at the moment.
Edited by Ryoreiki, May 18 2011, 03:09 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

bjabjabja
General
[ *  *  *  * ]
Hell, why not. I'm struggling to take it down to just one for each though...

Wei: Guo Jia As much as I miss Pang De, I think Guo Jia's just too good of an add to ignore.
Wu: Cheng Pu Why hasn't this guy been included yet?
Shu: Liu Feng With Liu Shan added this could make for an interesting sibling rivalry; wouldn't you agree?
Jin: Sima Yan In truth, this is not an easy choice, but not for the same reasons as the others. I don't quite understand what criteria a character must meet to qualify as Jin to Koei; so I'm going with Sima Yan. I think he'd further develop the story and give Wu some later era battles.
Other: Yuan Shu This guy really should be here already if you ask me.

I suppose my lack of females would make me seem like one of those against females in the games, but I promise I'm not. I just feel these guys should be there more than any (not already included) women.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Dongzhou
Emperor's Retainer
I don't think a lack of females in a list of one from each kingdom reflects anything more then it's a very difficult call. There are a lot of woman characters I would love to see in the game but there are also a lot of male characters. Cutting down to one from each means trying to work out who offers more and which characters would need plenty of others with them. Cao Rui, for example, would be a bit of a lone wolf without other latter Wei loyalists.

Wei: Lady Bian. Latter Wei, if ever done, will need a chunk rather then just one. So going with a long held want, Lady Bian I think would add a older female and could help develop Cao Cao further as well as being an intresting woman in her own right.

Wu: Lu Kang. Wu needs a few more latter era adds, the Lu Xun and Lu Kang combo could work well in doing that. There are plenty of other top quality latter Wu adds though but think the Xun/Kang connection will allow them most of the camapigns.

Shu: Liu Feng Was torn between Liao Hua and Wang Ping or even Meng Da but bjabjabja persuaded me to Li Feng. The rivalry between two very different men would be fun.

Jin: Jia Chong, strong connections, very intresting character and rather important to Wu's rise and fall.

Other: Yuan Shu. Was tempted for a strategist for Lu Bu but can't quite pick from one of three so going for Yuan Shu. Should be an intresting character.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Sha Moke
Member Avatar
Elite Soldier
[ *  * ]
Shamoke: Because I love him (No homo)
Offline Profile Goto Top

Xiuzhao
Member Avatar
----
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
One for each faction? That's tough......

Wei - Pang De just about takes first place, ahead of Yu Jin, Cao Xiu(I wonder how many will pick this dark horse), Xun Yu, and Lady Bian.

Wu - Lu Kang is needed to flesh out later Wu; but he'll need some help. Relationship with Yang Hu is a big plus.

Shu - Liao Hua gives Shu a long serving general who plays the part of the reliable everyman, or "average Joe". Relationships with Guan Yu, Guan Ping, Jiang Wei and I suppose Zhang Jiao add to his role.

Jin - Yang Hu has ample historical character to work off and gives Jin someone who fights extensively with Wu, as well as someone for Lu Kang to interact with.

Other - Huangfu Song!
Edited by Xiuzhao, May 19 2011, 02:04 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Paragon of Light
Member Avatar
The Comeback King
I'll try now.

Wei- I'll go with Pand De. He needs to come back. Simple Enough.

Wu-Lu Kang. For reasons above and Ding Feng needs a friend in a kingdom of generics and Lian Shi doesn't count since shes suppose to be dead by the time of Dongxing.

Shu- Wang Ping. Sounds interesting since he rather interesting with his illiteracy and was dedicated to his work.

Jin- Jia Chong. As much as I love Yang Hu and Du Yu, Jia Chong would be quite the asshole of Jin, even more so than the Simas, like everyone in Jin hates him but the Simas so yea.

Other- Yuan Shu. He had a short but profound impact on the story so yea.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Qilin
Member Avatar
Tiger General
[ *  *  *  * ]
Shu: Wang Ping
Wei: Xin Xianyang
Wu: Sun Hao(or whatever the last wu emperor was named)
Other: Lu Ling Qi

In for the lolz: Hua Tuo (He'd be using Sima Yi's DW6 weapons)
Offline Profile Goto Top

Wandrian
Member Avatar
---
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Hmm...Tough calls all around. But sure, why not?

EDIT: MOVESETS!
EDIT 2: Two choices? WHAT IS THIS?!?

Wei: Cao Rui. Why not, I say.

Wei 2: Pang De. Meh, why not? And to keep with the theme of being a stoic warrior, give 'im a rapier and spear combo.

Wu: Lu Kang. If Xiahou Dun can get a final showdown with Guan Yu in Wei's story, then I see no reason Sima Zhao or someone else in Jin couldn't have a final showdown against the guy best known for being the last obstacle for Jin's total conquest. All the Wu officers that outlived Sun Quan could be present for the hell of it, too. The game's youngest officer can just conveniently not appear when he's around :P And how about something completely different for a weapon? Shield on a stick. Emphasis on ramming enemies and pushing them out of the way.

Wu 2: Sun Hao. Nobody in the three kingdoms is presented as a 100% irredeemable character(Zhuge Dan in DW7 story mode notwithstanding), so why not change that? Make him something like Dong Zhuo, but more of a sadist than a hedonist. Give him a cat O'nine tails to show just how much of a bastard he is. An iron maiden for a Musou would also be nice...

Shu: Ma Yunlu. There's too many worthwhile choices, so throwing the entire faction a curveball sounds better than weighing all the other officers against each other in my book. How about sword & spear combo? Bonus points if she has a full-fledged horseback combo but is decidedly weaker on foot.

Shu 2: Huang Hao. More bastards, why not? Eh, just let him have the powers of evil evilness for a weapon. Call forth black hands and spears from the shadows to kill everything.

Jin: Wen Yang. Meh. Half their roster dies or defects before they're even estalished as a kingdom, so why not one more? Jin could use a real counterpart to Zhang Liao/Zhang Fei/Gan Ning/Lu Bu anyways, I suppose. Sure they've got some good warriors, but none of them receive the super badass treatment. And since the anti-Sima guys build him up as the epitome of badass...give him no weapons. Make him fight with nothing more than his fists, with punches so strong they just blow enemies away.

Jin 2: Jia Chong. I don't care.

Other: Yuan Shu. May as well, right? His presence as a unique character would serve to spice up things around Sishui Gate and Xiapi, I imagine. Doubly so for Xiapi if, like in DW4, Lu Bu was to send for reinforcements from him...And they arrived. Being a total tool, he needs a weapon that says so...Have him lob gold coins and valuable crap like vases at enemies.

Other 2: Dong Bai. Evil loli doesn't actually sound too bad. Even better if she passionately hates Lu Bu and Diao Chan. Give her a weapon reminiscent of SW's Nouhime, I guess---perhaps like a throwing chain claw dealie hidden in the sleeves of her ornate dress(think like Master Pain Betty of Kung Pow!, sadly the only example I can think of with such a weapon).
Edited by Wandrian, May 23 2011, 10:07 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Ryoreiki
Member Avatar
Do not pursue.....
Okay, I made my decision

Wei-Either Yue Jin or Empress Guo, but more likely Yue Jin at the moment. This is because of his long history with Wei forces, as well as additional battles.
Wu-Sun Hao (not %100 on this one)-Gives later-Wu period a character, and also gives the Wu roster a ruthless character.
Shu-Zhang Bao-Other than him being the son of Zhang Fei and helps represent him in the later Shu period, he also generates more interaction with Xing Cai.
Jin-Zhang Chunhua-Many reasons: Rival to Yue Ying, Mother figure to Sima Zhao and Sima Shi, add more variety to the women roles in the game
Other-Yuan Shu or Lu Lingqi. Both together could create more interaction with Lu Bu and other forces, but if I were to choose one, I would pick Lu Lingqi.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Gaďania
Member Avatar
P H A N T O M of Avalanche
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Yu Jin [于禁]
Weapon - Lunar Spear

Yue Jin [樂進]
Weapon - Cross-blades

Bianshi [皇后]
Weapon - Elegant Sword
Offline Profile Goto Top

SunWu80
Member Avatar
General
[ *  *  *  * ]
Sha Moke
May 19 2011, 01:00 PM
I'm afraid I Can't accept Sha Moke on his own because You need to Pick For All Kingdoms. In Order To Keep It Fair And All
Offline Profile Goto Top

Sha Moke
Member Avatar
Elite Soldier
[ *  * ]
SunWu80
May 19 2011, 07:10 PM
Sha Moke
May 19 2011, 01:00 PM
I'm afraid I Can't accept Sha Moke on his own because You need to Pick For All Kingdoms. In Order To Keep It Fair And All
Oh my bad. I'll make one later.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Jing
Member Avatar
Looking for something to sell?
[ *  *  *  * ]
Wei - Cao Jie
Shu - Liao Hua
Wu - Zhuge Jin
Jin - I don't know
Other - Hua Xiong
Offline Profile Goto Top

Belphie-kins
Member Avatar
With Strength and spirit!
[ *  *  *  * ]
Wei - Xun Yu due to his LONG service to Cao Cao as his strategist and adviser (I wish Cao Cao made Xun Yu heir if he didn't had Cao Pi. I mean they are so close.)
Wu - Zhu Ran because we need another Pyromaniac in the game. Lu Xun and One Guy (Huang Gai) isn't enough.
Shu - Liao Hua since he served since the Yellow Turban Rebellion! AN OLDIE!!! We already got 2 (Huang Zhong and Yan Yan) or Yan Yan since he also served Liu Bei after Liu Zhang was defeated for a long time.
Jin - No idea.
Other - Hua Xiong because hes a VERY Important Dong General. Perhaps he can be Lu Bu's best friend?
Offline Profile Goto Top

Dongzhou
Emperor's Retainer
Sun Jian the Tiger King
May 20 2011, 05:36 AM
Wei - Xun Yu due to his LONG service to Cao Cao as his strategist and adviser (I wish Cao Cao made Xun Yu heir if he didn't had Cao Pi. I mean they are so close.)
They may have been close but the two contrasting ambitions (Xun Yu was a Han loyalist when push came to shove) meant Cao Cao forced Xun Yu's suicide. That contrasting goals in life and that a non Cao on throne=mass civil war meant it was probably for the best that Pi got it.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Skode
Member Avatar
King of KW
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Shu - Liao Hua because his long life would add a great deal of realistic dimension to the spam the game now covers with Shu and also gives potential to a new familiar face for YT battles.

Wu - Cheng Pu because of his status and the games continued emphasis on earlier Wu battles over latter ones.

Wei - Pang De as he fits the Wei era the "Wei" force in the game covers well and gives more diversity to just having the Ma cousins in the battle of Tong gate.

Others - Yuah Shu has always been a regular feature against the forces of Wu in the stories for the series namely with Sun Ce but as he againt has his failing to send aid for Sun Jian against against Dong Zhuo they can develop that hatred Shu had for him more if he was actually a non-generic.

Jin - Zhang Chunhua as based on the fact Jin is actually later Wei in the DW games she would be an ideal female addition to a smaller force likely to get deeply expanded in the next instalment and given the Jin story is all about the Simas then adding another important member of the family is an easy call to justify.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Daikyō
Member Avatar
^My Bias^

hmmm tough one, may i vote for male and females for each faction??

Wu: Lu Kang/Zhu Ran and Sun Luban
Wei: Guo Jia and Guo Nuwang (with Pang De return)
Shu: Liao Hua (no females for Shu)
Other:Yuan Shu, and Dong Bai, also Hua Tuo as extra characters substituting Zuo Ci
Jin: Sima Yan and Zhang Chunhua
Offline Profile Goto Top

Xiuzhao
Member Avatar
----
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
You're probably going to have to cut that down to one for each faction because I don't think SunWu will accept it. :mellow:
Offline Profile Goto Top

Belphie-kins
Member Avatar
With Strength and spirit!
[ *  *  *  * ]
Dongzhou
May 20 2011, 07:27 AM
Sun Jian the Tiger King
They may have been close but the two contrasting ambitions (Xun Yu was a Han loyalist when push came to shove) meant Cao Cao forced Xun Yu's suicide. That contrasting goals in life and that a non Cao on throne=mass civil war meant it was probably for the best that Pi got it.
Good point, but he was still one of Cao Cao's most trusted. I mean, he liked him to the point where he said "Here comes my Zifang!"... though was that real or sarcasm?
Offline Profile Goto Top

Xiuzhao
Member Avatar
----
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I'm almost certain he was being sincere in his feelings. -_-
Offline Profile Goto Top

Tempest
Member Avatar
The Master of Determination
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Shu: one of Zhao yun's sons (everyone else got kids -_-)
Wu: Zhu Ran (Muther F***ers!!! XD This man is too important, I'm amazed he's not in yet :hmmm: )
Wei: Guo Jia or Xun Yu
Jin: Sima Yan
Others: Huangfu Song ( I want some Han action y'all!!!!!! )
Offline Profile Goto Top

Dongzhou
Emperor's Retainer
Sun Jian the Tiger King
May 20 2011, 11:17 PM
Dongzhou
May 20 2011, 07:27 AM
Sun Jian the Tiger King
Good point, but he was still one of Cao Cao's most trusted. I mean, he liked him to the point where he said "Here comes my Zifang!"... though was that real or sarcasm?
Oh I don't deny that Xun Yu was a trusted adviser and a close friend.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Liu Bei 7
Member Avatar
Emperor's Retainer
Wei: Pang De - Can we choose him? If so, we have to have him back. The guy is a badass. Nothing more really needs to be said. If we can't vote for Pang De, my vote is for Yu Jin.
Choice 2: Yu Jin. Accompanying Pang De.

Shu: Liao Hua - Seeing as he transcends the ages, he would easily have connections with Zhang Jiao, Guan Yu, Guan Ping, Zhuge Liang, Jiang Wei and Wei Yan. And then there is everyone else who the game can use creative license to tack on. He could basically be the narrator of the Shu campaign or game overall. He has a lot of interesting moments as well. On a sidenote, his addition would give Guan Yu's Escape more legitimacy and story.
Choice 2: Huang Hao - A tough decision. It was between him and Wang Ping. But I think if Koei actually starts trying and stops just throwing random people into random places, they could have some very interesting interactions between the completely different Jiang Wei, Liao Hua, Huang Hao and Liu Shan during the final year or so of Shu.

Wu: Lu Kang - Zhu Ran is still my favorite Wu character and I technically want him in most (see my wishlist), but for this poll, I'll choose Lu Kang simply because the late era needs him to give Wu more life. However, they need to either add an aging system or make Lu Xun look older to avoid Lu Kang being 8, literally.
Choice 2: Zhu Ran. Okay, this time I'll vote this guy. I did for a second think about saying Sun Hao though.

Jin: Du Yu - Since I voted for Lu Kang, his rival is also needed. Jin needs some people on the Wu front and Du Yu fits this role perfectly.
Choice 2: Sima Yan - I think this addition is evident.

Other: Zuo Ci - I originally voted for Yuan Shu here, but I just feel bad for Zuo Ci. I have to think over my second choice here. I will probably say Yuan Shu, but something is holding me back from voting just yet.
Edited by Liu Bei 7, May 24 2011, 11:10 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Xiuzhao
Member Avatar
----
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Liu Bei 7
May 21 2011, 06:36 PM
Shu: Liao Hua - He could basically be the narrator of the Shu campaign or game overall.
I hadn't really thought about a narrator role for Liao Hua, but now that you mention it it's not a bad idea at all. I don't see him supplanting the game's current narrator, but in-battle and in cutscenes it could really add something to his character. I'm not sure exactly how it would work out but I'm definitely curious.

And I thought Yang Hu was Lu Kang's rival? Even though it was more like a friendship......

Tempest

Shu: one of Zhao yun's sons (everyone else got kids -_-)
Which one? (Not that it matters; neither of them did anything)

You'll probably have to choose one from your Wei choices as well.
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Archives · Next Topic »
Poll Only

Composed & Designed by, ©KOEI Warriors, 2005-2014. All rights reserved.