Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to KOEI Warriors (Forum). We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls.

As a member you will also have access the exclusive Members Only Section where you will be privvy to a wide range of KOEI Warriors Renders, OSTs and Videos.
Registration is simple, fast, and completely free!

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Saint Seiya Senki (Sanctuary Battle in EU); Developed by Dimps, not Koei
Topic Started: Jun 18 2011, 07:03 AM (28,076 Views)
BlackKite
Member Avatar
長宗我部菜々

聖闘士星矢戦記
Saint Seiya Senki
(EN Name - Saint Seiya: Sanctuary Battle)

Platform: PS3
Published by: Bandai Namco
Release Dates
JP - 23 November 2011
EU - February 2012
Official Site: http://www.bandaigames.channel.or.jp/list/seiya_senki/

Developed by Dimps, who also made Street Fighter 4 and the PS2 Saint Seiya games
Gameplay seems to be very Warriors-like. Something like a mix of Hokuto Musou's beat-em-up element and Sengoku Basara's linearity?

The game will take place during the Sanctuary arc (The first arc of the anime)

Playable Character List
Bronze Saints
Pegasus Seiya
Dragon Shiryu
Cygnus Hyoga
Andromeda Shun
Phoenix Ikki
Unicorn Jabu [DLC - 14 Dec]

Silver Saints
Eagle Marin
Ophiuchus Shaina

Gold Saints
Aries Mu
Taurus Aldebaran
Gemini (illusion)
Gemini Saga
Cancer Deathmask
Leo Aiolia
Virgo Shaka
Libra Dohko [DLC - 7 Dec]
Scorpio Milo
Sagittarius Aiolos
Sagittarius Seiya [Preorder exclusive]
Capricorn Shura
Aquarius Camus
Pisces Aphrodite

Extra DLC Characters
Seadragon Kanon [21 Dec]
Siren Sorrento [21 Dec]
Wyvern Rhadamanthys [18 Jan]
Odin Seiya [11 Jan]

NPC Mid-Bosses
Black Saints
Black Pegasus
Black Dragon
Black Swan (Cygnus)
Black Andromeda
Black Phoenix
Black Eagle
Black Ophiuchus
Black Lizard

Others
Lizard Misty
Cassios

Event-only character
Athena Saori

http://www.imagebam.com/image/04fd7a137041353

Just now a V Jump leak unveiled a new Saint Seiya game, called Saint Seiya Senki

And yeah, apparently it's also the 25th anniversary of Saint Seiya, but what strikes my mind the most is...
Posted Image
...this. I can't unsee it as a Saint Seiya Musou game, thank you very much. Which also means.... INSTANT HYPE :woot:

But it looks like this game is solely created by BanNam? So apparently Bandai might already get ahold of knowledge on Musou gameplay due to Gundam Warriors? wwwww
Edited by BlackKite, Jan 11 2012, 06:38 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Red Comet 079
Member Avatar
Knight of Shadows
[ *  *  *  * ]
Too bad they're is no chance the west is getting it.

BlackKite
Member Avatar
長宗我部菜々

Huh? Wasn't there a Saint Seiya game that did get released overseas in the PS2 era?

http://www.gamefaqs.com/ps2/924770-saint-seiya-the-sanctuary/data
http://www.gamefaqs.com/ps2/934235-saint-seiya-the-hades/data

Oh wait, Europe only? lol

Well in any case this one should be importable since it's on PS3 after all. :rolleyes:

Speaking of which, I wonder if this is the true identity of this countdown site
http://www.bandaigames.channel.or.jp/list/stars/
Galaxy in the background, stars in the URL, and the blue flame clock.... Yep, no doubt about it.

HokutoNoBen
Member Avatar
Conqueror that Appeared at the End of the Age
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Seiya is another one of them manly 80s manga/anime that I love, so I likely will buy this game too.

But yep, it really sounds like Bamco wants to do everything they can to capitalize on the relative success of Koei's Hokuto game from last year. As long as it means we don't get any more like that PS2 kusoge, Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Phantom Blood, I'm alright with this.

StrikeForce9
Member Avatar
Pink-Eyed Cyborg
I don't have a clue about Saint Seiya but if it's a Musou game and if it is released outside Japan then I'll probably buy it. Just like I didn't have a clue about Hokuto universe (well I still don't) but it managed to become one of my favourite Musou games this generation (liked it more than DW6/E at least).

And from a quick wikipedia read and google image seach, characters and the plot of Saint Seiya seem interesting. Could be something I can really get into. To get into something, you have to start somewhere right? A Musou game is a nice introductory way lol (just like how other Musou series got me interested in Segoku era, Gundam and Hokuto) :P

BlackKite
Member Avatar
長宗我部菜々

Saint Seiya is indeed one of the great classic manga/anime series, just like Hokuto. I can recommend you this, really. (・∀・)b

But yeah, at this point it's still unknown yet whether this is an actual Musou game since the game itself isn't actually titled 聖闘士星矢無双 Saint Seiya Musou. We'll probably know when the countdown site opens on 21st (Tues) where development details may show up, so whether Koei gets involved here or not...

Even if this doesn't turn out to be the next Koei-Bandai collab, I think it'd be safe to assume that Bandai has somehow managed to grasp the Musou gameplay system on their own after working together on 3 Gundam Warriors games. I mean, look at how they single-handedly develop Gundam Extreme Vs after collaborating for years with Capcom until its prequel. :hehe:

If KOEI does get involved here, this will obviously deserve a special spotlight here. But if they don't... well, I'll still try my best to track the game's info, since Seiya is basically one of the memorable classic anime even in my country as well. I do plan to get the game after all. ^^

HokutoNoBen
Member Avatar
Conqueror that Appeared at the End of the Age
Hm, good point. And of course, no outsourcing would mean no sharing of profits.

Even so, as much as I want to be all in for this, part of me still remembers the last time Bamco tried to make a beat em up on their own (re: Jojo), and how bad that was. So, for the love of all that's good, they had OUGHTA taken more than couple of notes from Koei and Omega Force on this. And maybe even do it better.

On another note, maybe this is another sign that Bamco is dipping into other anime franchise in their stable to make their line-ups a bit more balanced. Cuz we all know DBZ, Gundam and Naruto could use a break from being over-exposed. :hehe:

Richie408
Member Avatar
Commander
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
woo nice yet another anime/manga classic becoming musou. :D I can't wait. Been playing so many other types of games lately would be nice getting back to yet another musou game. xD Although I can't complain record of agarest war zero is filing my need for sweet inncocent anime chicks. :D

BlackKite
Member Avatar
長宗我部菜々

http://www.siliconera.com/2011/06/20/saint-seiya-chronicle-is-a-musou-style-game-from-tecmo-koei/

Whoa whoa whoa, really!?!?

I'm still not 100% convinced yet, but if this is indeed true then it'll be time to move it to a more deserving place. So the countdown site should be over in less than 4 hours now......

Xalfrea
Member Avatar
Keyblade hero

So this Saint Seiya game COULD be a Koei game? Well, nice. Shame this will never be brought over the pond then.

Mibu Kyoshiro
Member Avatar
Awesome!
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
nyah.damn....Always ahead of me BK.Anyway,It pretty much must be from koei.Even the bars and dialogue boxes look extremely like the Warriors games.

StrikeForce9
Member Avatar
Pink-Eyed Cyborg
But if it's made by Koei shouldn't the title has the word "Musou" somewhere on it?

BlackKite
Member Avatar
長宗我部菜々

Bullet Bender
Jun 20 2011, 01:05 PM
But if it's made by Koei shouldn't the title has the word "Musou" somewhere on it?
Perhaps they're taking references from "Fist of the North Star: Ken's Rage"? :hehe:

About 3 more hours to go...?

StrikeForce9
Member Avatar
Pink-Eyed Cyborg
BlackKite
Jun 20 2011, 01:10 PM
Bullet Bender
Jun 20 2011, 01:05 PM
Perhaps they're taking references from "Fist of the North Star: Ken's Rage"? :hehe:

About 3 more hours to go...?
But isn't that game called Hokuto Musou in Japan? :sly:

Neo Juste Belmont
Member Avatar
I AM A MAN!! *punch!*
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Oh well, gonna enjoy freezing people up with Hyouga again.

They're gonna use the 2nd-gen seiyuus again, right? (Masakazu Morita-Sakurai Takahiro-Miura Hiroaki-Kasuya Yuuta-Katsuyuki Konishi. Considering 3 of them are involved in Musou games, and the original can't reunite because Shiryuu's original (Hirotaka Suzuoki) is dead)

Now let's try imagining the arcs available:

1. 'Retrieve Sagitarius Cloth' arc: Fighting Ikki and the Dark Saints after the tournament.
2. Sanctuary-Prologue: Fighting off the lower class Sanctuary Knights like Lizard Misty.
3. Sanctuary Arc: Fighting Gold Saints
4. (Filler) Asgard Arc: If they want to get into the anime, they fight the Asgardian Warriors. This filler arc is often praised as one of the best fillers so I think it would be great
5. Poseidon Arc: Fighting Poseidon Saints.
6. Hades Arc: Fighting Specters and Hades.

The roster may be a problem, since this practically screams 'Loads and Loads of Characters'. And... I wonder what female will be playable because it's basically a frigging requirement for Musou Games (I'm looking at you, Mamiya). Let's see, there's Eagle Marin and Ophiocus Shaina... who else?
Edited by Neo Juste Belmont, Jun 20 2011, 02:39 PM.

Xalfrea
Member Avatar
Keyblade hero

I'm not too familiar with Saint Seiya. Yeah I heard of it, but like Hokuto it's one I never watched. What makes it possible Musou material anyway?

Neo Juste Belmont
Member Avatar
I AM A MAN!! *punch!*
Well for starters, there ARE mooks to be fought, though they're pretty minor like those mohawk punks in HnK. Although the main draw is the duel between the Saints, but they can be fixed same way like they do Hokuto Musou...

BlackKite
Member Avatar
長宗我部菜々

1 more hour to go... I guess?

Speaking about the arcs though, it is specifically mentioned that the game will focus on the most famous Sanctuary arc. So as far as the roster goes, the 5 main Bronzes + 12 Golds should be quite obvious, making it 17 already.

As for the obligatory females, don't we already have Androme...... uh, no, nothing, lol.
Yeah, probably just Marin and Shaina for the time being, and maybe also Misty if they take note from the PS2 game, so that should make it 19-20 which is an impressive roster number for the first game in a Musou series.

Neo Juste Belmont
Member Avatar
I AM A MAN!! *punch!*
But isn't Misty a GUY?

Though there is also Shun's female friend Chameleon June, but... she's in even LESS than Marin...

BlackKite
Member Avatar
長宗我部菜々

Neo Juste Belmont
Jun 20 2011, 03:22 PM
But isn't Misty a GUY?

Though there is also Shun's female friend Chameleon June, but... she's in even LESS than Marin...
Oh... yeah right. I got tricked again by Saint Seiya right there. I remember my childhood time when I really thought Shun was a girl.... :wacko:

So yeah, it's just past midnight in Japan, but the site still has '1 day'. So either wait a bit longer, or it'll be updated around noon?
Edited by BlackKite, Jun 20 2011, 04:04 PM.

Neo Juste Belmont
Member Avatar
I AM A MAN!! *punch!*
Ah hah... yeah. Indonesian dubbing Shun with a girl's voice. Though his original VA (Horikawa Ryo) did a good job on a feminine sounding guy. Awesome, considering his other most famous portfolio is VEGETA.

Neo Juste Belmont
Member Avatar
I AM A MAN!! *punch!*
I'm sorry for double posting, but it seems that the teaser site got updated... into a 12 day countdown same way as the Sanctuary clock lighting up.

Rats.

BlackKite
Member Avatar
長宗我部菜々

http://www.bandaigames.channel.or.jp/list/seiya_senki/

Still no JP confirmation on Koei's involvement yet.

A PV is to be published on this 23rd (Thurs), so most likely we'll also see something about the game in tomorrow's Famitsu leak, including the rumor C/D.

So far the only new thing available here is that the player number is 1-2, which signifies a co-op or versus mode might be available.

ChibiGingi
Member Avatar
How can I sneeze if I have no nose?
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Xalfrea
Jun 20 2011, 12:17 PM
So this Saint Seiya game COULD be a Koei game? Well, nice. Shame this will never be brought over the pond then.
This saddens me more than SW3 and SW3Empires combined.

Ranmaru87
Member Avatar
Tiger General
[ *  *  *  * ]
OMG! awesome if Koei and Bandai make this series become Musou game. I think this is will be great idea for them. as we know, Saint Seiya is favourite manga and anime in Japan, also in europe and Brazil. but i think it's better if they make Hades series with more characters and complete stories than sanctuary saga.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Warriors-like Games · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Composed & Designed by, ©KOEI Warriors, 2005-2014. All rights reserved.