Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to KOEI Warriors (Forum). We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls.

As a member you will also have access the exclusive Members Only Section where you will be privvy to a wide range of KOEI Warriors Renders, OSTs and Videos.
Registration is simple, fast, and completely free!

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Saint Seiya Senki (Sanctuary Battle in EU); Developed by Dimps, not Koei
Topic Started: Jun 18 2011, 07:03 AM (27,895 Views)
Zillion
Soldier
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I've heard good things about this series from my other HnK-loving friends. I'd rather have a Ken's Rage sequel, but this could be cool too. The only thing I know about the series is that it's extremely over-the-top (I'm talking crazy stances before each big attack over-the-top), so it could make for a good Musou game...since in DW7, everyone does the same thing when doing a Musou attack, lol.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

CypherFDP
Member Avatar
Yep, that East is looking pretty red.
[ *  * ]
Saint Seiya Warriors?

I... I want this to come overseas, but I don't want to have false hope... W-what do I do?

BlackKite
Member Avatar
長宗我部菜々

Quote:

▼PS3「聖闘士星矢戦記」開発はやはりディンプス

スクリーンショットから何となく予想はついていたのだが
既に公式サイトもオープン済みのPS3「聖闘士星矢戦記」の開発が
「ドラゴンボールZ バーストリミット」「ソニックカラーズ」
「SUPER STREET FIGHTER IV」などを手掛けるディンプスと判明。
ディンプスは、PS2で発売された「聖闘士星矢 聖域十二宮編」、
「聖闘士星矢 冥王ハーデス十二宮編」も手掛けていた。

And the rumor is confirmed... false. lol

Saint Seiya Senki is being developed by Dimps, which is also known recently for developing the Street Fighter 4 games. However, Dimps is also known to have developed the two PS2 Saint Seiya fighting games as well.

So, after making SF4 eh? I wonder how far have they progressed since making those SS games, and attempting a Warriors-like game on top of that. And LOL, so looks like the Siliconera guy do jump into conclusion as soon as he saw that Warriors-like bars in the screenshot. :hehe:

Anyway, I think unlike Koei which seems to start shunning the western market away, this one might actually have the chance to be brought overseas*?
1. The text regarding the upcoming PV in the teaser site has 世界最速 Fastest in the world, which means they might release it outside Japan sometime?
2. The two PS2 Saint Seiya games - Sanctuary & Hades, did get translated overseas, though for Europe

*Note: As mentioned in point 2, Dimps and Namco Bandai Europe did release the games in Europe, but that's mainly because of the sheer popularity of Saint Seiya there (Les chevaliers du Zodiaque, I Cavalieri dello Zodiaco, Los Caballeros del Zodiaco). So don't expect too much on an English/US release. :ph43r:

wodash
Member Avatar
undefeated in all directions
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
first this game

http://www.gamefaqs.com/wii/626306-super-sentai-battle-ranger-cross/data

and now saint seiya

what next?

i'm hoping for yoroiden a.k.a ronin warriors to be "musou-fied" >.<

funny they have greek(seiya),sengoku(yoroiden),and hindi(shulato) armored warrior anime,but there is nothing for the sangoku era>.<

Eni
Member Avatar
This will not be a sorrowful story.
BlackKite
Jun 22 2011, 01:30 AM
Note: As mentioned in point 2, Dimps and Namco Bandai Europe did release the games in Europe, but that's mainly because of the sheer popularity of Saint Seiya there (Les chevaliers du Zodiaque, I Cavalieri dello Zodiaco, Los Caballeros del Zodiaco). So don't expect too much on an English/US release. :ph43r:
But its borderline criminal to not release the game in America, considering how hugely popular Saint Seiya is in Latin America. :kurokan:

wodash
Member Avatar
Eni
Jun 22 2011, 02:11 AM
But its borderline criminal to not release the game in America, considering how hugely popular Saint Seiya is in Latin America. :kurokan:
latin america is not US,i don't think the sales would be as huge as JP,which would mean its a bother to do a release just for the Latin fans,not that i'm racist or anything

as a point,its kinda pains me that less than 40% of the people in GF's JUS board(when i still lurk there) even know about seiya(let alone otokojuku),all they did is just "hurr durr,naruto,bleach,OP,deathnote,blahblahblah" with a few HnK and JoJo fans thrown in for good measure
Edited by wodash, Jun 22 2011, 02:31 AM.

CypherFDP
Member Avatar
Yep, that East is looking pretty red.
[ *  * ]
Aw, drat.

HokutoNoBen
Member Avatar
Conqueror that Appeared at the End of the Age
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
wodash
Jun 22 2011, 02:28 AM
as a point,its kinda pains me that less than 40% of the people in GF's JUS board(when i still lurk there) even know about seiya(let alone otokojuku),all they did is just "hurr durr,naruto,bleach,OP,deathnote,blahblahblah" with a few HnK and JoJo fans thrown in for good measure
Well, what do you expect? Being a fan of a series like Seiya amongst the larger Western Jump demographic that mainly only knows a few key series, is like being SNK fan amongst the larger Capcom audience that dominates the American fighting game scene. It comes with the territory. :hehe:

Any way, while I definitely would have preferred Dimps to be doing another fighting game (Seiya being so well-geared towards such), I guess I'll be willing to give their take on a "Musou-style" brawler a try.

Since apparently Capcom is not interested in upping the ante with BASARA anytime soon, and the Bleach game doesn't seem to be doing anything interesting either, maybe Dimps may be the ones who actually stand to do a little bit more with this genre, using Seiya and his crew as a vessel.

wodash
Member Avatar
well,both of the Dimps SS games for PS2 was very well done(and at some point,there are beat em up stages if i recall!) it captures the anime feel very well IMO and its has above mediocre gameplay to boot(aside from the very excruciating ougi clash&counter feature,in which the CPU ALWAYS cheats),so i think they know what they're doing with this one....i hope

back to the game in hand.......i'm quite disappointed with the story arc they choose,IMO they need to flesh out the pre sanctuary arcs more,if not the midgard and poseidon arcs,the sanctuary arc is like Gundam Wing's Endless waltz,its popular,but almost all SS games revolves around it that i'm bored to death with it......

Xalfrea
Member Avatar
Keyblade hero

Just how long is this sanctuary arc and what's the huge impact of it so much that it's the only one in the game? When I think of a game with multiple arcs, first one that comes to mind is DBZ and all of their sagas. How come in this one its just one arc?

*I've got no idea about what Saint Seiya is so please excuse my ignorance.*

Eni
Member Avatar
This will not be a sorrowful story.
Xalfrea
Jun 22 2011, 10:57 AM
Just how long is this sanctuary arc and what's the huge impact of it so much that it's the only one in the game? When I think of a game with multiple arcs, first one that comes to mind is DBZ and all of their sagas. How come in this one its just one arc?

*I've got no idea about what Saint Seiya is so please excuse my ignorance.*
Pretty much the Sanctuary arc is the one that establishes the "Save Athena before time runs out" formula that appears in every other arc. Not to mention it introduces the Gold Saints, who play a more prominent role later on in the Hades arc.

Also, is it me or the Saint Seiya games just dont like touching the Poseidon arc? Its either Sanctuary or Hades.

BlackKite
Member Avatar
長宗我部菜々

That, and I think it's also because the Sanctuary arc is the most memorable one. The characters there are mostly easy to remember, and even if you're not really into Saint Seiya, all you need to do is to memorize the common horoscope zodiacs. :p

Anyway...
http://www.famitsu.com/news/201106/23045603.html
One more thing to remind about the Sanctuary area is that it's mostly a linear path from the first temple until the last, so I'm expecting to see Hokuto Musou's beat'em'up style meshed with Sengoku Basara's stage linearity here.

I guess we could safely assume that the 'musou' gauge here will be named Cosmo gauge instead. :hehe:

And we have 'Blast' and 'KGW' here. Probably Blast refers to KO count, but I wonder how would the KGW reach tens of thousands that easily... lol

wodash

well,both of the Dimps SS games for PS2 was very well done(and at some point,there are beat em up stages if i recall!) it captures the anime feel very well IMO and its has above mediocre gameplay to boot(aside from the very excruciating ougi clash&counter feature,in which the CPU ALWAYS cheats),so i think they know what they're doing with this one....i hope

Oh yeah that one... I'm more contributing the fact that the QTE in ougi attacks was so brief that you'll need an almost inhuman reflex to succeed in it. <_<

HokutoNoBen
Member Avatar
What the hell, it's looking pretty good so far. And we'll get a trailer by hopefully tonight so we may get to see this in motion soon.

StrikeForce9
Member Avatar
Pink-Eyed Cyborg
Ah well, too bad it's not a musou game. But maybe it's for the better. Looking at screenshots, the graphic looks pretty good, the gameplay and presentation look just like a Musou game too. Colour me interested!

wodash
Member Avatar
Eni
Jun 22 2011, 02:47 PM
Also, is it me or the Saint Seiya games just dont like touching the Poseidon arc? Its either Sanctuary or Hades.
hades is a great anime plot but its a VERY LAZY concept for a game,they managed to do hades mainly because you only need recolor some of the gold saints into purple and add like....5 new characters into the fray,which won't appear until very late into the game,which is why hades is the way to go after you made a 3D sanctuary arc game

the pre sanctuary arc has too many mini plots in it while the asgard and poseidon warriors are just too cool to appear in a game i guess(its funny how the enemy's armors are always WAY cooler that seiya&co's armors)

Balder
Member Avatar
The Lumen Sage
..."The Knights of the Zodiac". Now here's a nostalgia trip! I think I was still in 5th or 6th grade when it aired around these parts. I don't remember much of it, except for a bunch of people in shiny elaborate armors duking it out and that the action figures were OBSCENELY expensive.

Anyway, Andriasang posted a update off the Famitsu Weekly.
The game is described in Weekly Famitsu as "Cinematic Melee Action."
Weekly Famitsu listed the game as being 60% complete with release due for this Fall.

HokutoNoBen
Member Avatar
Hopefully, Dimps will be able to give us a decent sized roster of playables. 1st Seiya game Dimps made had around 20+ characters (including "clones"). Since balance is not so much an issue here as it would for be for a fighting game release, I'm hoping for at least that much again. (Ideally, not held back by DLC, either.)

And maybe they can throw in some nice extras, like "Alternate Story" modes, like in the PS2 games.

wodash
Member Avatar
Balder
Jun 23 2011, 02:15 AM
..."The Knights of the Zodiac". Now here's a nostalgia trip! I think I was still in 5th or 6th grade when it aired around these parts. I don't remember much of it, except for a bunch of people in shiny elaborate armors duking it out and that the action figures were OBSCENELY expensive.
well some of the early seiya action figures uses die cast metal for the armors,which is obviously a bit more expensive than plastic....

as for the rosters....i just hope its not a mega clone fest......a faithful detail for the playable are way more important that the number of playables IMO which is why i still put hokuto musou in higher regards than DW7 or GM3

all in all i just hope they can do something about the.....background where we fight,i means the sanctuary is probably the most boring place to ever play a musou game in(a shrine,some stairs,another shrine,MORE stairs),its okay if its a fighting game but in a free roam 3d where terrain is also an aspect of the fight?,this is why i'm saying the pre sanctuary or the asgard arc is more fitting for a beat em up release

Edited by wodash, Jun 23 2011, 02:29 AM.

HokutoNoBen
Member Avatar
PV teaser is up: http://www.bandaigames.channel.or.jp/list/seiya_senki/

Liking what I'm seeing thus far. Dimps has apparently done their homework with Musou-style games. :hehe:

EDIT: NOW WITH YOUTUBE MIRROR!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V3QE3nFwAOo

Andreas-andi
Emperor's Retainer
Saint Seiya Senki -- Debut Trailer released !

The game looks good.
A Warriors style game!

Edited by Andreas-andi, Jun 23 2011, 07:40 AM.

BlackKite
Member Avatar
長宗我部菜々

Wow, so far I do feel impressed when looking at this PV. My hunch of it being a Hokuto + Basara mix seems to be true, lol. But what I like here is that the characters might have bigger attack range and faster pace compared to Hokuto.

I'm still wondering about that blue-background scenes though. Even if they might be QTEs, as long as they're not as inhuman as the ones in PS2 games..

UPDATE: Just found out that this will be brought over to Europe as well. Titled Saint Seiya: Sanctuary Battle, it is said to be released in Europe around 2012, and details should be also available at the upcoming Japan Expo.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UORH1O0JJvw

Well, mostly I can see the Europe version having EFIGS languages... ;)
Edited by BlackKite, Jun 23 2011, 01:56 PM.

Neo Juste Belmont
Member Avatar
I AM A MAN!! *punch!*
As much as I'm a Japanophile, I look forward for the dubbing of this game. In Ken's Rage, even if there's a Japanese language option, I always got the dub.

English voice acting have evolved since the era of Symphony of the "DIE MONSTER! YOU DON'T BELONG IN THIS WORLD!" Night. Saint Seiya, I don't suppose they ever got decent dubs, so I'm looking forward to this one, like how FoTNS got some good names to dub.

BlackKite
Member Avatar
長宗我部菜々

http://www.gamer4eva.com/2011/06/saint-seiya-sanctuary-battle-anime.html
Quote:

Namco have announced that SAINT SEIYA - Sanctuary Battle, the new action game based on the popular SAINT SEIYA anime series created by Masami Kurumada, is heading to Europe in 2012 exclusively for PlayStation 3.

SAINT SEIYA - Sanctuary Battle will immerse players in the most popular drama from Saint Seiya: the Sanctuary, as Seiya and his companions fight side by side to defeat the gold saints of the twelve palaces and protect Athena. As players complete quests and progress through the twelve levels, they can inflict tremendous damage on their foes with fast-paced Cosmo power-up attacks.

SAINT SEIYA - Sanctuary Battle will also include a special mode which allows the player to go further in Saint Seiya universe with alternate stories to delight the fans. The game’s environments, characters, Myth Cloths and enemies have been designed to be faithful to the anime. Featuring the original Japanese voiceover, the game will offer the most complete mythical Saint Seiya experience ever.

Oh hey, the bolded ones.... :hehe:

Xalfrea
Member Avatar
Keyblade hero

So Europe gets it like every other Saint Seiya game? More power to them then.

HokutoNoBen
Member Avatar
Alternate stories, eh? CALLED IT! :hehe:

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Warriors-like Games · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Composed & Designed by, ©KOEI Warriors, 2005-2014. All rights reserved.