Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to KOEI Warriors (Forum). We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls.

As a member you will also have access the exclusive Members Only Section where you will be privvy to a wide range of KOEI Warriors Renders, OSTs and Videos.
Registration is simple, fast, and completely free!

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Hakuouki: Bakumatsu Musouroku; Musou-like game set in Bakumatsu anime
Topic Started: Aug 10 2011, 07:01 AM (5,314 Views)
BlackKite
Member Avatar
長宗我部菜々

Yet another Musou-like game has appeared. This time it's both history and anime-based.

Source seems to be Dengeki Girls

Hakuouki: Bakumatsu Musouroku
To be released February 2012 for Japan PSP
Publisher: Idea Factory - Otomate
Developer: Zerodiv
Marketing Support: KOEI-Tecmo Net

The origin of this series is a girl side dating adventure game for PS2, however it has been also made into an anime.

And the gameplay looks like... this
Posted Image

Bakumatsu Musou has been one of the most requested Musou settings in Japan, and in this game you'll be able to play as the likes of Shinsengumi figures such as Saito Hajime, Okita Souji and Hijikata Toshizo, although based on their looks in the otome series.

One funny thing about this is that KOEI is indirectly related to the game as they help promoting it through KOEI-Tecmo Net. The game itself is being published by Idea Factory (Otomate), and developed by Zerodiv (known for making 剣と魔法と学園モノ series that was once known overseas as Class of Heroes)

That being said, I wonder if anyone here has watched Hakuouki?

Oh, and the official site has also seem to be opened
http://www.otomate.jp/hakuoki_musouroku/
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

DarkMantisTalon
Member Avatar
Sengoku Period Fanboy (hehe)
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
is this based on sengoku time??

BlackKite
Member Avatar
長宗我部菜々

Nope, it's set on the Bakumatsu period of 1850s, which means around 250 years after Sengoku. It's the final years of the Tokugawa Shogunate, but I'm not expecting a Tokugawa character to get the spotlight much.

wodash
Member Avatar
undefeated in all directions
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
i'll be damned if sakamoto ryoma is a bishie on this one,he needs to be a scruffy man with SB sasuke's attitude to boot,and the gun!

@DMT:perhaps samurai X/rurouni kenshin is a better way to explain to you what bakumatsu is

Edited by wodash, Aug 10 2011, 09:38 AM.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

SRS
Member Avatar
Bow before the Kingdom of Cheng!

My god, it's full of Mitsunaris.

DigitalACIDs
Member Avatar
Elite Soldier
[ *  * ]
The more Musou games the better i say.Even if its not done officially by koei.
If this game comes outside of japan im on it although i dont know what the chances of that will be especially with the Vita out. Im waiting for TGS and hope koei will announce a a new musou game or even better Hokuto musou 2!! This does remind me of samurai x though...
Edited by DigitalACIDs, Aug 10 2011, 03:37 PM.

Wong Fei Hung
Member Avatar
Dynasty Warrior
[ *  *  *  * ]
This game sounds really interesting! Hopefully, it'll get an international release.
I'll be keeping this in the picture, definitely! Already made a newspost of it HERE!

Jing
Member Avatar
Looking for something to sell?
[ *  *  *  * ]
recently I've been seeing a lot of Musou/Warriors-like games made by other companies

I wonder how Koei is taking this stuff

leviathan
Member Avatar
Tiger General
[ *  *  *  * ]
Elza
Aug 10 2011, 04:34 PM
recently I've been seeing a lot of Musou/Warriors-like games made by other companies

i know wut you mean..... i think the anime bleach has one coming out too

Xalfrea
Member Avatar
Keyblade hero

Elza

Probably they don't care. Because, you should remember, Koei doesn't have a monopoly on the hack-n-slash genre.

Yuqi
Member Avatar
Han's Unifier
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Iwonder if it will have romance in it,lol xD

Sun Ce
Member Avatar
Cebastian: Allons-y!

I like this series and all but really? Of all the Bakumatsu/Shinsengumi adaptions this was probably sadly the one I would have liked to see like this the least. Something like Peace Maker or Bakumatsu Kikansetsu Irohanihoheto would have been so much better. I've played some of the previous games and have watched the anime and while it is quite nice and entertaining for it's genre having it made into a Musou like game seems a bit odd. :kurokan:

Kiheiji
Member Avatar
Dearest of all my friends...
Will they have Kondo's mouth-fisting?

wodash
Member Avatar
with characters like these, i seriously doubt some nameless mutsu enmei ryuu successor will appear and wipe the floor everyone's bishie face for assassinating ryoma, oh well, one can dream...

dec4rhapsody
Member Avatar
musou-con
[ *  *  *  * ]
Don't forget that the original title was an Otome Game in the first place with a well established (?) original storyline...and please scrap the idea of other historical figures appearing as playable characters or even NPCs.
This isn't a Musou/Warriors game.
It's Hakuouki.

WarHawk
Member Avatar
I see what you don`t
I`m really interested in this game. Cool era, noticeable characters... I like Rurouni Kenshin (it was soon after this period) as well. What else can I say?! hm don`t know... just need more info about gameplay.

Flashbang Incentive
Member Avatar
Emperor's Retainer
Never once heard of the anime or characters. or time period. Though I'm sure (not really) that they're all interesting, this game most likely isn't coming overseas, so no buy from me.

BlackKite
Member Avatar
長宗我部菜々

Ah, I forgot to mention the main contents of the game. Apparently it will focus on the Boshin War. The story will also include some original scenarios and original characters as well, but whether those would be newly represented historical character or a brand-new original character of course it's still unknown.

Xalfrea

Elza

Probably they don't care. Because, you should remember, Koei doesn't have a monopoly on the hack-n-slash genre.
I guess it could also mean that KOEI has succeeded in making Musou a well-mainstreamed genre in Japan with all these Musou-like games being created over there. So it's unlike a certain other country which keeps dissing this whole genre yet gets fully occupied with another genre that's not really different either... :meantongue:

wodash
Member Avatar
BlackKite
Aug 14 2011, 05:13 PM
I guess it could also mean that KOEI has succeeded in making Musou a well-mainstreamed genre in Japan with all these Musou-like games being created over there. So it's unlike a certain other country which keeps dissing this whole genre yet gets fully occupied with another genre that's not really different either... :meantongue:
^well said :bowdown:

a company should release a sengoku FPS, though, it'll be epic with all the muskets and longbows...

BlackKite
Member Avatar
長宗我部菜々

wodash
Aug 15 2011, 02:25 AM
a company should release a sengoku FPS, though, it'll be epic with all the muskets and longbows...
I thought there's already a game like that? You know, something with the subtitle 'Katana' :ph43r:

Anyway, here's a new teaser trailer. Be advised, it has no gameplay screens yet though
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-SY2KN4tzg

Havoc408
Soldier
[ * ]
Watch the first few episode for a while. I was hoping Kenshin was gonna be in it .__.

But turn out to be more of a chick anime since all the bada$$ shinsengumi guys sparkle and have the wind blowing in their hair all the time.

The Wolves of Mibu don't sparkle!!!!
Edited by Havoc408, Aug 23 2011, 02:11 AM.

wodash
Member Avatar
BlackKite
Aug 17 2011, 10:50 AM
wodash
Aug 15 2011, 02:25 AM
I thought there's already a game like that? You know, something with the subtitle 'Katana' :ph43r:

Anyway, here's a new teaser trailer. Be advised, it has no gameplay screens yet though
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-SY2KN4tzg
i won't count that...or namco's mazan :nope:

BlackKite
Member Avatar
長宗我部菜々

Hmm, I just got wondering why I haven't heard about this for a long time, and it turns out that this has been specifically featured just in girl magazines... lol

The official site has seem to be updated for some time too, and I also found this scan that...
Posted Image
...there's Saigo Takamori, the last actual samurai, over there. However it seems like there's no confirmation on whether he'd be playable or not.

Then again I won't be too surprised if the scruffy man ends up being an NPC here though... for obvious reasons? ( '.')

wodash
Member Avatar
Quote:

Hmm, I just got wondering why I haven't heard about this for a long time, and it turns out that this has been specifically featured just in girl magazines... lol

and one wonders why SB3&U didn't end up as a girl magazine only update...its basically selling the same thing to the same "market", only capcom is a bit more serious on the gameplay side(sans the PSP goofoffs that is)

also, takamori looks.....too tiny, he should've been bigger, at least if they didnt want him to be a fat dude, then make him raoh-like a la SB's hideyoshi, and who's the other dude on the side?

anyways, i just saw this in wikipedia

# Hakuoki: Bakumatsu Musouroku (薄桜鬼 幕末無双録?)

* PlayStation Portable - February 2012

^this is the game of the topic

# Hakuoki: Demon of the Fleeting Blossom (Released for North America, published by Aksys Games)

* PlayStation Portable - February 14, 2012

^this, comes right below it, seeing the release time and the platform of choice is the same, could this mean its coming to the US?(or is it just another date-sim game, not the musoulike one?)
Edited by wodash, Oct 21 2011, 09:30 AM.

ivyn
Member Avatar
Soldier
[ * ]
Yes, Hakuoki: Demon of the Fleeting Blossom, the one coming to the US next year is just the first dating sim game of the Hakuouki series.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Warriors-like Games · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Composed & Designed by, ©KOEI Warriors, 2005-2014. All rights reserved.