Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to KOEI Warriors (Forum). We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls.

As a member you will also have access the exclusive Members Only Section where you will be privvy to a wide range of KOEI Warriors Renders, OSTs and Videos.
Registration is simple, fast, and completely free!

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Sengoku Musou 3 Empires Translation Guide
Topic Started: Aug 29 2011, 08:13 PM (10,424 Views)
Divine Justice
Member Avatar
L's True Successor

If there exists an official English name for these terms, I'd like to use that. Unfortunately, I never played SW3 in English, so I don't know a lot of the official names. For those especially it would be great if others could contribute. Otherwise I try to be as close to the Japanese meaning as possible while not sounding awful in English, so liberties are taken. I'll try to have at least one of the translated/romanized names for each entry (ie. I won't leave anything as just Japanese), but I may not be able to do both for everything.

With that said, the usual applies: feel free to contribute or correct mistakes. If you can come up with a better names that'd be great as well

I'll probably do the kill bonuses later. Along with a more in depth menu translation. For now all of the known buildings from the Japanese wiki are up along with the main menu and some terminology. Hopefully this is helpful to those of you who are scared with importing.

Information translated from: Japanese Sengoku Musou 3 Empires @Wiki and Sengoku Musou 3 Empires

Format

Main menu

Castle Town

How to obtain Rare Weapons

How to obtain Matsukaze

Kill Rewards

Important terms

Item Skills

Trophy List

Credits
Edited by Divine Justice, Dec 18 2011, 07:12 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

theundyingmage
Soldier
[ * ]
how do you level up buildings?

DO you have to put them in certain formations or do they just lvl up as you play?

Divine Justice
Member Avatar
L's True Successor

level 1 -> 2 : place 3 buildings of the same type in a horizontal or vertical pattern (ie. 3x1 or 1x3), the building in the middle will level up

level 2 -> 3 : place 5 buildings of the same type in a cross pattern (kind of like a + sign), the building in the middle must be level 2. According to the manual the ones on the outside should be level 2 or level 3, but it seems it is also possible to level from 2 to 3 with level 1s on the outside of the cross (though it might be less likely, so I'd recommend all of the buildings in the cross being at least level 2)

Note that putting buildings in this formation does not guarantee level up. It still has a bit of randomization to it, but by putting them in these formations they WILL level up eventually, unless there's some sort of bug in the game.

Edit: placing these here so that they are near the front of the guide. Unfortunately I ran out of room in the first post, so they'll have to go here:

Conversation List
Edited by Divine Justice, Feb 21 2013, 08:08 AM.

Oreadia
Member Avatar
Beautiful and Grace are the most beautiful words from the planet
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
There is no bug in the game but there is a thing called happiness.
The buildings seem to only be able to level up to level 7 (big buildings) when happiness is NOT 0.
When happiness is 0, you will start to get the "riot houses" which spawns with purple aura.

You gain happiness by making farms.
War will lower happiness.
Once war lower happiness to 0, I do not know how to bring it back.

If houses do not level up (here is a trick), simply use triangle to move the houses and put all level 1 together and have level 2, 3 to surround the level 1. These level 1 will then level up quickly.
Edited by Oreadia, Sep 1 2011, 09:52 AM.

Divine Justice
Member Avatar
L's True Successor

To add something I forgot to mention, you can only have 4 of each of the big buildings. So if you're trying for your 5th, don't bother - it won't work. I believe that these are the only buildings that you don't construct which have a limit.

Divine Justice
Member Avatar
L's True Successor

Edited the first post. I've added details on leveling up the castle/blacksmith, descriptions for castle town stats, new buildings (it might be complete now), how to obtain rare weapons (which will be refined in time), and translations of the Kill Rewards. I've also organized everything into sections and put them into spoiler tags so that you don't have to scroll the entire page to get where you want.

I think all that's really left now is menu translations, unless anyone has any requests.

menandore
Member Avatar
Sergeant
[ * ]
Divine Justice
Sep 2 2011, 11:31 PM

I think all that's really left now is menu translations, unless anyone has any requests.
First, thank you so much for this thread - it's been a great help since I started playing a couple of days ago. Menu translations will be an amazing asset since when it comes to the castle building, I'm rather lost since I know virtually no Japanese.

I am wondering, though - would it be possible for you to translate some of the typical terms that appear in the requirements for the stages? Some are pretty easy to figure out, but the game occasionally tosses in ones that I can't find anywhere on the game screen...

I can take screencaps if my explanation isn't clear enough (it probably isn't...)

Divine Justice
Member Avatar
L's True Successor

menandore
Sep 3 2011, 01:27 PM
First, thank you so much for this thread - it's been a great help since I started playing a couple of days ago. Menu translations will be an amazing asset since when it comes to the castle building, I'm rather lost since I know virtually no Japanese.

I am wondering, though - would it be possible for you to translate some of the typical terms that appear in the requirements for the stages? Some are pretty easy to figure out, but the game occasionally tosses in ones that I can't find anywhere on the game screen...

I can take screencaps if my explanation isn't clear enough (it probably isn't...)
You're welcome, glad it's been of use to you.

Menus should be pretty easy, but unless I can find some videos online I won't be able to get to it for about a week, as I'm going on vacation today.

Yes though, a screencap would be great (including for any menus you want translated, for that matter). I'm not sure what you mean by "requirements for the stages". Do you mean the objectives in History Mode? Or the Kill Rewards (just did those yesterday)? Or possibly something else...?

menandore
Member Avatar
Sergeant
[ * ]
Divine Justice
Sep 3 2011, 01:46 PM
menandore
Sep 3 2011, 01:27 PM

You're welcome, glad it's been of use to you.

Menus should be pretty easy, but unless I can find some videos online I won't be able to get to it for about a week, as I'm going on vacation today.

Yes though, a screencap would be great (including for any menus you want translated, for that matter). I'm not sure what you mean by "requirements for the stages". Do you mean the objectives in History Mode? Or the Kill Rewards (just did those yesterday)? Or possibly something else...?
If you want menu videos, I can probably provide, though I don't have everything opened yet (I just got the shop....)

Objectives during history mode is what I meant, yes! Sometimes they're very straightforward and... sometimes they're not... For example - http://i54.tinypic.com/73h54g.jpg :(

Edited: The wiki actually has all of the requirements up here!
Edited by menandore, Sep 3 2011, 08:13 PM.

Oreadia
Member Avatar
menandore
Sep 3 2011, 02:25 PM
Objectives during history mode is what I meant, yes! Sometimes they're very straightforward and... sometimes they're not... For example - http://i54.tinypic.com/73h54g.jpg :(
It is excellent to know that you can write a great guide, I am looking forward to it because I am only playing the game blindly, haha~
I can't read Japanese and I am trying to use the little kanji that I know to survive the game.

Well about this "error", it is because you do not have any generals at the nearest castle to attack the enemy which is why you have this error.
I have received game over cos of this, hahaha~

menandore
Member Avatar
Sergeant
[ * ]
Oreadia
Sep 4 2011, 04:06 PM

Well about this "error", it is because you do not have any generals at the nearest castle to attack the enemy which is why you have this error.
I have received game over cos of this, hahaha~
Yes, I figured it out with the help of a few of my other friends playing Empires - once you know what it is, it isn't so bad but the first time is pretty confusing.

(And I have gotten a few game overs for this one, haha)
Edited by menandore, Sep 4 2011, 04:57 PM.

Oreadia
Member Avatar
Correction:
Shop level has nothing to do with Castle.
Castle levels up by the amount of land you own.
Shop levels up by the mission you take.

Missions are:
You will get these missions as you visit shop.
Once you complete a level, you must wait 1 round for the next mission.
Level 1: Build Blacksmith when given
Level 2: Defeated requested general with level 15 or higher.
Level 3: Defeated requested general within 2 minutes of stage start.
Level 4: Defeated requested general with 250 combos or higher.

You can view these missions in the missions log of the battle just like the rare weapons.

ChaosGeneral
Member Avatar
Soldier
[ * ]
has their been any word on new dlc with more character creation parts or anything

Oreadia
Member Avatar
ChaosGeneral
Sep 14 2011, 02:38 AM
has their been any word on new dlc with more character creation parts or anything
I hope so too as the current CAW is really boring.
The customization is BAD!
E.g. girl's hair HAS TO HAVE the flower on it...

I loved and I mean I REALLY LOVE DW6 Empires's CAW.
That was my TOTAL FAVOURITE.

off topic but I hope they make an even greater one with DW7 Empires.

ChaosGeneral
Member Avatar
Soldier
[ * ]
Oreadia
Sep 14 2011, 07:50 AM
ChaosGeneral
Sep 14 2011, 02:38 AM
I hope so too as the current CAW is really boring.
The customization is BAD!
E.g. girl's hair HAS TO HAVE the flower on it...

I loved and I mean I REALLY LOVE DW6 Empires's CAW.
That was my TOTAL FAVOURITE.

off topic but I hope they make an even greater one with DW7 Empires.
hopefully when they do give use dlc it may be able to ravel DW6E character creation...only time will tell, because SW3 CAW is bad, if they could give us like 10-15 new parts and then we can do something

sidenote, DW7E is going to blow us away if they do it right

date4masamune
Soldier
[ * ]
Can anyone translate the objectives in history mode for every characters?
Thank You :)

Oreadia
Member Avatar
date4masamune
Sep 14 2011, 10:24 AM
The easier ones are already addressed.
Such as happiness etc.

Now for attacking which castle, you are only allowed to attack one specific castle (Max 3) at the time. Therefore, I do not see the need to translate.

Do you have problems procceeding?

date4masamune
Soldier
[ * ]
Oreadia
Sep 14 2011, 12:56 PM
date4masamune
Sep 14 2011, 10:24 AM
The easier ones are already addressed.
Such as happiness etc.

Now for attacking which castle, you are only allowed to attack one specific castle (Max 3) at the time. Therefore, I do not see the need to translate.

Do you have problems procceeding?
I do actually. I didn't know what I should do in Ujiyasu's history mode. I forgot which one though, I think it's after the 2nd attack. As of now, I only played Empires mode lol :)

theundyingmage
Soldier
[ * ]
If its a green objective it usually raise a stat to a certain target,Red objective are battles.

I think the one you're on is a make ally with target.

Those are the main objectives for each mission in History mode.

Finally platinum trophy this game....the get all unique character events in Empire mode trophy was quite a small grind....

maeve2
Member Avatar
Elite Soldier
[ *  * ]
Could somebody help me? I'm stuck with the history mode objective. (the screenshot) It does not look like a name or a leveling up objective. The battle menu is also inactive. I can't proceed. Please help.
(It appeared somewhere in the beginning of Date's history mode, right after defeating Naoe Kanetsugu.)

PS I've unlock Matsukaze playing the second mode (not history mode) on normal. I have no idea what I did right. Have somebody discovered what shall be done to get the horse? (I'm curious.)
Edited by maeve2, Sep 26 2011, 08:58 AM.

menandore
Member Avatar
Sergeant
[ * ]
maeve2
Sep 26 2011, 08:57 AM
Could somebody help me? I'm stuck with the history mode objective. (the screenshot) It does not look like a name or a leveling up objective. The battle menu is also inactive. I can't proceed. Please help.
(It appeared somewhere in the beginning of Date's history mode, right after defeating Naoe Kanetsugu.)
Hey, Maeve2, I'm assuming it was you who PMed me on Youtube too, but I'll answer here - I can't read it either. What I did/am doing to get through the History story modes is basically go to the google translated list of requirements - here, and kinda guessed from that. They're not perfect, but you kind of get the idea of whether this one means I have to attack, move troops, etc.

I will be honest too - I started with the Date story mode, and it was harder compared to, say, the Uesugi path or the Tokugawa path.

All of that said - the screencapture makes it look like you're on part 4, number 3 - which, if I recall correctly involved me moving my troops through a few provinces, and fighting multiple battles. Unfortunately I can't be any more help than that.

maeve2
Member Avatar
Elite Soldier
[ *  * ]
Menandore:
Yes, it was me. =) I'm sorry for my boldness... I could not proceed as the kanji (northern lands-yamajiro-close to the bay) did not make sense to me. But I managed to become this at last. (The story mode turned out to be surprisingly short!)

Thank you very much for the link! It will help me later!

Oreadia
Member Avatar
maeve2
Sep 27 2011, 04:59 PM
Menandore:
Yes, it was me. =) I'm sorry for my boldness... I could not proceed as the kanji (northern lands-yamajiro-close to the bay) did not make sense to me. But I managed to become this at last. (The story mode turned out to be surprisingly short!)

Thank you very much for the link! It will help me later!
it is askaing you to take over the shown castle.
If attack is not available, move your generals to the castle next to the stated castle.

Sasuke Uchiha
Member Avatar
Soldier
[ * ]
Hi, I need your help with the Blacksmith, I know that to level up I have to do missions, but I don´t know where are they or where I can see them in the menu, so I can´t level up.
And another question is how I unlock the horses, I have played for 20 hours and only have one horse.
Thanks for the help and sorry for my english (T_T)

maeve2
Member Avatar
Elite Soldier
[ *  * ]
Oreadia: Thank you very much!

Sasuke Uchiha: The mission are similar to those in SW3Z and most likely you have to defeat a particular officer:
in 2 minutes or
upon capturing a certain number of bases or
during 100/200/etc. combo or
being level 10/15/20/25.

The officers are marked with yellowish circles. To check the missions, check the third line from the top in the pause menu.
There is an example - acquiring Toshiie's 5th weapon

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create your own social network with a free forum.
Learn More · Register for Free
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Samurai Warriors Series Guides · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Composed & Designed by, ©KOEI Warriors, 2005-2014. All rights reserved.