Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to KOEI Warriors (Forum). We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls.

As a member you will also have access the exclusive Members Only Section where you will be privvy to a wide range of KOEI Warriors Renders, OSTs and Videos.
Registration is simple, fast, and completely free!

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
[08-24-2012] Hyakku-mon nin no Sengoku Musou; Prepare for the unleash of new characters in future games Samurai Warriors Games!
Topic Started: Sep 9 2011, 12:53 PM (127,722 Views)
WarHawk
Member Avatar
I see what you don`t
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Do you really think we`ll get all these characters? I mean it`s cool ofcourse. If Koei add 16 new characters in DW7, why not make this in SW4, BUT... if there will be clones... I`m going crazy. All characters unique and Koei should keep this system and never break it. (at least in SW series) There is only one weird choice, others seems good as for me. Who knows, maybe that`s not final list, and Koei consider many other possible variants. We know this when time comes, and unfortunately it won`t be so far.
Edited by WarHawk, Sep 23 2011, 02:16 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Masato
Member Avatar
A Wolf beyond the Wall...
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I do think we are going to get all those characters. We don't know for sure for how much time SW4 has been in development... It could be in development since the announcement of SW3! That's normal... Remember Final Fantasy XII and XIII!

The only add that I'm against is Takamoto... The others, I LOVE THEM ALL... In a Manly and Nerdy way! XD

My bet for a announcement of SW4 is the end of the fiscal year, which is in March 2012.
Edited by Masato, Sep 23 2011, 02:40 PM.

WarHawk
Member Avatar
I see what you don`t
MatheusOda
Sep 23 2011, 02:25 PM
The only add that I'm against is Takamoto...
Totally agree. I hope he will be only character that won`t be added, though his model remind me his father a little bit. Random guy, ow and Saito Dosan have similarites with Kato. <_< Armor|clothes => the same palette.
If Koei decide add Terumoto I will be only for it... but not Takamoto.

Masato
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Indeed. Terumoto is much more of a better add than Takamoto! If Takamoto is really added, then we need Kikkawa and Kobayakawa for the 3 Arrows Lesson!

EDIT: I just noticed that one post on Twitter lead over 15 people to this post! o.O
Edited by Masato, Sep 23 2011, 02:47 PM.

Komatsu
Member Avatar
(ʘ‿ʘ)✿ what'd you say about my Ina

It's not really important, but I'm petty enough to point out that I was the one who linked the calender scans on the main SW3 Empires topic.

In any case, I think we're going to see Chacha at some point since neither Hideyoshi nor Oichi and Nagamasa have been seen. Probably Takamoto as well? And perhaps the other thus far revealed characters.

I have no idea who else we'd see, though. Hideyori? Senhime? Matsu? However, a friend of mine and I are probably going to buy it once it's released so we'll be sure to make HQ scans as soon as possible.

Graceful1rish
Member Avatar
Maple!
[ *  *  * ]
I want that calender

Graceful1rish
Member Avatar
Maple!
[ *  *  * ]
Adnan
Sep 10 2011, 09:05 AM
Graceful1rish
Sep 10 2011, 12:59 AM
Poor Môri Takamoto, he's being hugged by a giant cat
Does anyone know if that's supposed to be a reference to something, or just there for lulz? It seems kinda random to me...

I think Tachibana Dosetsu should look a smidge older, but apart from that, I like all the designs.
I like Dosetsu's design

Xalfrea
Member Avatar
Keyblade hero

Yikes, sorry I forgot. Better update the opening post with light the light accordingly Matheus.

Yeah I have to agree that Takamoto is the only questionable add because he honestly is pretty worthless. Terumoto has a lot more story potential. He can be at Kizugawa, Kyushu, Odawara and Sekigahara.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Komatsu
Member Avatar

Xalfrea
Sep 23 2011, 03:48 PM
Yikes, sorry I forgot. Better update the opening post with light the light accordingly Matheus.

Yeah I have to agree that Takamoto is the only questionable add because he honestly is pretty worthless. Terumoto has a lot more story potential. He can be at Kizugawa, Kyushu, Odawara and Sekigahara.
Takamoto had some minor prominence in Chronicles in the first (only?) stage with the Mori and with some of Motonari's events, but yeah Terumoto definitely had more presence as a whole in SW3 and the stories there (especially in Okuni's in SW3Z).

DarkMantisTalon
Member Avatar
Sengoku Period Fanboy (hehe)
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
MatheusOda
Sep 9 2011, 12:53 PM
A Few Weeks ago, a few Unique Characters have been featured in the Mobile Game Hyakku-Mon Ni Sengoku Musou. What do you guys think that means? To be featured in a social game of Samurai Warriors you must be a Samurai Warriors, right? In my Opinion, those characters are going to be new adds to Sengoku Musou 4! There are a number of elements that confirms what I"m saying: Dosan was appeared in SW1 and was featured in WO Databook, Chacha was said to be a future female add by SW2's director, Shima Sakon acts like Yamamoto Kansuke in SW2 and SW3, Magoichi acts like both Katakura Kojuro and Suzuki Shigetomo in SW3, and etc.

Dōsan Saitō
Posted Image

Katakura Kojuro
Posted Image

Tachibana DosetsuPosted Image

Ashikaga YoshiakiPosted Image

Azai Chacha
Posted Image

Mōri Takamoto
Posted Image

Yamamoto Kansuke
Posted Image

State your opinions and let's discuss about this little lovely characters!

[09-23-2011]NEW CHARACTERS DISCOVERED
Shimazu Yoshihisa
Posted Image

Uesugi Kagekatsu
Posted Image

Sanada Masayuki
Posted Image

Sanada Nobuyuki
Posted Image

Thanks Xalfrea and SRS for the pics of the new characters!
All these characters look awesome takamoto could be switched with terumoto or ekei ankouji (monk brute for mori) but I have short comment on them , chacha is awesome and I think she should deff be added to SW, Kojuro seems fitting, dosetsu needs to be about 10-20 years older and would be perfect, dosan looks great but needs a slightly diff color scheme he does have a kiyomasa scheme cool weapon, ashikaga fits but i don't really care for him, my fav is the epicly awesome yoshihisa is he yoshihiro's bro or nephew?, the new sanada's look great and add to more characters stories, And the rest are cool just my opinion.

Masato
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
light the light
Sep 23 2011, 05:43 PM
Xalfrea
Sep 23 2011, 03:48 PM

Takamoto had some minor prominence in Chronicles in the first (only?) stage with the Mori and with some of Motonari's events, but yeah Terumoto definitely had more presence as a whole in SW3 and the stories there (especially in Okuni's in SW3Z).
Done. The 1st Post has been updated! Sorry, Light! It's been a long time since I entered SW3E Topic! XD

I'll seriously be in a stage of pure rage if they merge Takamoto and Terumoto in one characters under the name of Takamoto... It would be better if they added Terumoto and added the 3 Arrows Lesson to him and forget Taka forever... lol

Edited by Masato, Sep 23 2011, 06:22 PM.

MysteriousStranger08
Member Avatar
Right Hand Man
[ *  *  *  * ]
Well this is interesting. If these were the adds for SW4, I would be extremely happy

Dosan Saito-Yes, that would be excellent. The Saito are starting to get more representation again, what with Hanbei being added and No's storyline becoming the more fathers orders one. A great add

Kojuro Katakura-Another good add. This'll give Masamune a proper retainer instead of Magoichi, whom I much preferred in his SW2 incarnation, with the whole Hideyoshi friendship and the Nobunaga shooting.

Doestsu Tachibana-This looks like a good sign that Kyushu will be given more attention in the future, with him and Yohihisa Shimazu being added. Lets hope they do him justice and make him someone who Ginchiyo can truely idolize

Yoshiaki Ashikage-Yes, this is a character I've wanted. The whole struggle with the Shogun is so badly represented in the various storylines, despite the fact it was mainly the Shogun who was the mastermind behind many of the Anti-Nobunaga coalitions

Chacha Azai-Another character I've wanted for a long time. A true manipulative female character, with great story potential and characterisation. I wanna see some true bitchiness with Nene

Takamoto Mori-This is a weird one. Surely Terumoto would've been more sensible, but if they combine the two people, I won't really mind. A good add anyway, as it'll increase the prominence of the Mori clan

Kansuke Yamamato-A good add for the early Takeda battles, will hopefully have good story potential and character with Shingen, and hopefully a great heroic death at Kawanakajima, increasing it's prominence, after it's failure in SW3

Yohihisa Shimazu-Same reasons as Doestu, increasing the focus on Kyushu and its wars

Kagekatsu Uesugi-Very glad to see, another good character to help flesh out Sekigahara and Osaka. Also, someone Kanetsugu can relate with more, as the one with Kenshin isn't as belivable. Also ties in with Aya aswell. Manipulative mum here she comes

Masayuki Sanada-Again, a good add. Another expansion for the campaigns against the Tokugawa, and another true strategist. Want to see a really cunning old man in this guy

Nobuyuki Sanada-Great, Yukimura's big brother and the Sanada family is complete. This would help Yukimura's character out and would make things like Ueda and Osaka very intresting. It'll also help out Ina's character, and she can have someone else to relate to

If these ones are added, I will be extremely pleased :)

cooljosh21
Member Avatar
Realest/Best
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Something tells me we may hear something about Sw4 soon...! :D But of course their will be at least 2 new female characters in 4 ^^

cooljosh21
Member Avatar
Realest/Best
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Xalfrea
Sep 23 2011, 12:05 PM
As excited as I am for any characters to join the characterization club, it does worry me a bit. Thus far there are 11 new characters featured through this social game, and if they all become part of the cast...the SW cast officially reaches in the late 40-early 50 count. Plus, if we do add Goemon, Musashi and Kojiro back.

How the heck are they gonna go about unique characterization then? SW might fall under the same rut as DW has done with neglected characters, clone movesets and weak personalities. Only reason SW has managed to avoid all those up to now was because of its slightly smaller cast.
Sorry for double post, but as long as we don't get 2 weapon switch, we most likely wont have clones.

Barnzi88
Member Avatar
General
[ *  *  *  * ]
This is getting more exciting by the minute!

I want that calender...

Amakusa
Member Avatar
Han's Unifier
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Largely tangental, but if you receive Chronicles DLC like I have lately in their messages they give brief historical lessons on characters that aren't in the game, notably Nagamasa and Oichi's daughters, Nobuyuki Sanada, and Yoshitsugu Otani (Nobuyuki's in particular was rather long).

Wouldn't be surprised, though. Chacha could be an interesting 'final boss' type.
Edited by Amakusa, Sep 24 2011, 12:21 AM.

Graceful1rish
Member Avatar
Maple!
[ *  *  * ]
Yeah let's hope this comes out in America *owns a copy a Samurai Warriors Chronicles and enjoys it*

WarHawk
Member Avatar
I see what you don`t
If Koei want to add Ashikage, Matsunaga should appear as well. There is also one character in SB that could be interesting add in SW series - Mogami Yoshiaki. I hope that Koei won`t add some of these characters and add four characters instead that I previously mentioned. I also believe that Matsunaga Hisahide fits the role the most ominous and mysterious villain in series.
Edited by WarHawk, Sep 24 2011, 01:35 AM.

Komatsu
Member Avatar

Barnzi88
Sep 23 2011, 10:36 PM
This is getting more exciting by the minute!

I want that calender...
If you want to try to buy it, both AmiAmi and CDJapan are selling it and they ship overseas! I've never ordered from either site before, but I have heard good things about them from friends.

NekoWarrior
Member Avatar
Han's Unifier
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
It such a shame this game wont be coming out in the western area, japan are truly awesome, they get everything lucky them. Fingers crossed that koei use these character designs for SW4.

Xalfrea
Member Avatar
Keyblade hero

I'm...not exactly sure how a "social" game like this by Koei is even like. Sure it's one thing to not have SW3XL or E not make the leap across the pond, but a social game? Not sure how good it would've done beyond the appeal of 11 entirely new characters.

11 entirely new characters which, as far as we know, have no set personalities, character relationships, or weapons.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Masato
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I don't really care for this game at all... I prefer the console games rather than the Mobile Social Games.

I wonder how OmegaForce will handle the revamp of the Samurai Warriors Series... I expect a New Battle System, but the 3 Moveset Types of SW2/3.

EDIT: Just updated the 1st post with bigger pics of Takamoto and Kansuke.
Edited by Masato, Sep 24 2011, 01:47 PM.

AlecZaid
Member Avatar
Formerly RicaSarsa
[ *  *  *  * ]
forgiveness for grammatical errors
wooaah ... I seemed "weird" not to added yet Nobuyuki ... now have the character I most wanted

I love his design!

maeve2
Member Avatar
Elite Soldier
[ *  * ]
Uesugi Kagekatsu looks exactly like Kanetsugu ... Shimazu Yoshihisa is a younger copy of Shimazu Yoshihiro... and Sanada Nobuyuki reminds me Alphonse Elric... huh?
It these are new character, KOEI were not very original while designing them...

Masato
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Kagekatsu just has a similar hair to Kanetsugu... Yoshiro and Yoshihisa doesn't look like each other at all... Nobuyuki will be older than Alphonse ad therefore not similar XD They have differences, you know lol We still have to wait until the actual CGs are revealed alongside the next game!

Can't wait to see the samples for November! XD Oda Nobutada and Akechi Samanosuke!

2 users reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Samurai Warriors Series · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Composed & Designed by, ©KOEI Warriors, 2005-2014. All rights reserved.