Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to KOEI Warriors (Forum). We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls.

As a member you will also have access the exclusive Members Only Section where you will be privvy to a wide range of KOEI Warriors Renders, OSTs and Videos.
Registration is simple, fast, and completely free!

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Who's The Lubu Of One Piece Kaizoku Musou; The Lubu of One Piece Musou
Topic Started: Sep 11 2011, 02:29 AM (4,303 Views)
Super sunwukong
Member Avatar
ANIME BEASTS UNITE!!!!!!!!
[ *  *  *  * ]
Every Koei Game has an overpowered broken character that's impossible to beat.Who do you think will be the Lubu of One Piece Kaizoku Musou(Pirate Warriors)
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Ico
Member Avatar
₪ Loyalty ₪
[ *  * ]
Whitebeard. hands down. that guy is a freakin' beast.

Guan Suo
Member Avatar
Guan Yu's lost child
[ *  * ]
shanks!!

or mihawk?

Serpenter
Soldier
[ * ]
Its gotta be white beard, right? He was (perhaps) the most powerfull character in the series so far. he has a huge pole arm for destroying crowds, his earthquakes would cover huge areas, and he's huge! He gets introduced pretty late in the series though, where as Lubu/honda are introduced quite early.

Even the big shots are awed by his might though! It'd be make so much cooler if they added unique "I-its White Beard!" whilst playing free-play as him, and fighting lesser bosses like Don krieg xD

Super sunwukong
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  * ]
After doing some research Magellan has great potential of being the Lubu of this game.No one was able to beat him because of his poision and his great strenght.He was an absolute beast.

Whitebeard was godly in the anime taking all of those powerful attacks and still defeating multiple great enemies with ease.Even though he has one of the strongest devil fruit powers he still seems like a Guan Yu type to me.

If the game has him I think Nightmare Luffy would be an absolute perfect match for Lubu's character.Luffy destroyed Oars extremely fast and still had amazing speed.

Moogle
Member Avatar
but first...
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Gol D.Roger would probably be the ultimate Lu Bu in my opinion, but his powers and figthing style are still pretty unknown.. and it would be difficult to add him into the story unless they make a bull**** ending...

If not, maybe Whitebeard or Ace?

BerryBear
Member Avatar
Elite Soldier
[ *  * ]
Definitely Whitebeard. No one else can fit the description. Lu Bu was feared by all. He had brute strength and sheer willpower that no man could match. Likewise White beard was feared by many and had immense strength and willpower that no character has shown to match. He whooped Akainu even at such old age and after being backstabbed by his own men.

Magellan was only a prison guard and he wasn't really that bad ass and only fought Luffy indirectly because of his powers. He was only feared by prison inmates not because of his strength but his poison.

Gol. D Roger's fighting style is very unknown but he doesn't fit the profile. He wasn't feared because of his sheer willpower but there was something about him. Something incredibly charismatic and great about him that allowed him to conquer his enemies, make great friends, and become pirate king. This is also what Luffy has or will have.

Blackbeard also doesn't exactly fit the profile either. Lu Bu was not a villain but a strong man. Blackbeard betrays and is seen as a villain. He is this strong because he betrayed his comrades when necessary. Lu Bu did not get power ups because he betrayed people.

Serpenter
Soldier
[ * ]
White beard was respected for his strength, even in the new world, even though he was using whats considered the weakest type of fruit (Paramicia) which doesn't come with the strength increase of Zoan fruit, or invincibility of Logia fruits. Granted, his power was pretty insane.

As stated above, Magellan was only feared due to poisons and his status as the prison warden. He's a logia type, and his poison is pretty much a 1-hit KO if he gets you. Sure this is a powerful combination, but it doesn't sound very lu bu-ish to me. He wasn't all that powerful either, if I remember right. I seem to recall luffy landing some pretty big damage on him, at the cost of being poisoned, and then with the wax, he fought on par with him, if not better.

If he can be held off by a rookie, I don't see why the stronger pirates would really have anything to worry about. Haki fixes everything, apparently.

If not white beard, Reileigh kind of fits too. He's strong, renowned as Gol D Rodgers first mate, haki to prevent logia intangibility, an experienced warrior, and he doesn't rely on any powers as the others do. He fought equally against Kizaru.

Masato
Member Avatar
A Wolf beyond the Wall...
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
In my Opinion, the Lu Bus of One Piece Kaizoku Musou are the Shishibukais... Magellan can enter the category as nobody can touch him...

Hondam
Member Avatar
Harbaugh So Hard
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
The idea of a "Lu Bu" doesn't really translate well for OPKW. But if we're making comparisons just for the sake of it then I'd disagree with Whitebeard being labeled as him. If anything he's a Tadakatsu, while Blackbeard and/or Akainu fulfill the role of a Lu Bu.

Xalfrea
Member Avatar
Keyblade hero

I think he doesn't mean personality wise. The "Lu Bu" moniker is unofficially the term for "most powerful and feared" character in the series. They have higher stats, a theme song and powerful movesets.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Hondam
Member Avatar
Harbaugh So Hard
Yea I know, and in OP there isn't any single one character who encompasses every aspect of that. If anything there's a good handful of them, which is why I tried to bring Tadakatsu to the comparison. There's not gonna be one single "The Lu Bu" but rather a group of em.

That is of course if the roster is even gonna extend past the Strawhats..hopefully it does though.

Xalfrea
Member Avatar
Keyblade hero

Well, if GW can have a group (Musha I, Musha II, Knight) and WO can have a group (Lu Bu, Tadakatsu, Orochi/X), why not OP? I see nothing stopping them.

If the non-Straw hats are the only playables, then I guess the rest are NPC's, and even NPC's can fall under Lu Bu Syndrome.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

BerryBear
Member Avatar
Elite Soldier
[ *  * ]
Hondam
Sep 13 2011, 08:03 AM
The idea of a "Lu Bu" doesn't really translate well for OPKW. But if we're making comparisons just for the sake of it then I'd disagree with Whitebeard being labeled as him. If anything he's a Tadakatsu, while Blackbeard and/or Akainu fulfill the role of a Lu Bu.
Wow very true. Lu Bu marveled at his own strength while Tadakatsu was very humble and served for a purpose other than his own just like Whitebeard who never used his powers to conquer but to build his own family.

I don't know how this game will be structured but if it goes according to the story, I don't think they're fight Whitebeard.

Master Omega
Member Avatar
Lord of The World
The thing with Lu Bu is that there are several aspects that make him who he is in DW. The first is his moveset and weapon: a pole arm with considerable reach and power, and a moveset with many shockwave based moves. That's one point for Whitebeard due to his giant bisento and Gura Gura no mi powers. His stats suggest the same as Whitebeard is the strongest entity in One Piece up to this point along with Shanks (Gol D. Roger excluded for obvious reasons). Another contender is Eneru, who also wields a staff and has powers that give him greater range and power than even some other logia fruit users. Plus, his arrogant attitude make him VERY close to Lu Bu status. Magellan does deserve some credit, but his overall MO doesn't fit the bill. The only thing he has going for him is that the "Don't pursue Lu Bu!" line rings very true with how he was in the story. However, one thing is for certain. None of them share Lu Bu's temper.

Matsunaga Hisahide
Member Avatar
Eyes of the devil, smile of a winner
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Doku Doku no Mi, aka the fruit Megallan ate, doesnīt grant Logia powers, itīs a Paramecia type, similiar to Mr.3 and Kalifaīs power. When he traveled in his Venom Road, he still maintained his body, while Logia users like Enel or Kizaru turn into their respective element and thus travel as Lightning or Light. Itīs a bit confusing, but it was confirmed that itīs "just" a Logia type.

Enough One Piece Nerd talk, letīs get to the topic:

Whitebeard, hands down. Look at that record: 267 blade wounds, 562 bullet wounds, and 46 cannon ball wounds throughout his life, he battled Gol D. Roger, Shiki, Garp, Sengoku and many others and still stands tall and mighty. Even his old age canīt really stop his might and heīs still feared throughout the One Piece world.

He can create frickinī Tsunamis and crack open whole islands with his devil fruit powers, heck, even crack the air itself.
He can take out giants just by punshing them and his spear can wipe out armies.

So, if weīre talking about a guy that wonīt fall down no matter how hard you hit him and deals out blows thatīll kill you in an instant, WB is the man to go.

For sheer "I troll you, Iīm invincible - you lose" purposes Iīd go with Magma-coward Akainu or Cherry Pie loving Blackbeard.

Hondam
Member Avatar
Harbaugh So Hard
Xalfrea
Sep 13 2011, 10:43 AM
Well, if GW can have a group (Musha I, Musha II, Knight) and WO can have a group (Lu Bu, Tadakatsu, Orochi/X), why not OP? I see nothing stopping them.
Which was my point :luffy:

Quote:

If the non-Straw hats are the only playables, then I guess the rest are NPC's, and even NPC's can fall under Lu Bu Syndrome.

If we're thinking along those lines then shouldn't the question be who's the (pre SB3U) Matsunaga Hisahide of OPPW? :lol: A "Lu Bu" would have to be playable.
Edited by Hondam, Sep 14 2011, 04:56 AM.

GotMilk
Member Avatar
Elite Soldier
[ *  * ]
Another option, the Three Marine Admirals: Kizaru, Akainu, and Aokiji. These 3 are pretty powerful and they fit in the "evil" description instead of Whitebeard (Who should still be a badass powerhorse).

ZhouPing
Member Avatar
Commander of Wu
[ *  *  * ]
Iīll go for Mihawk Shanks or WhiteBeard

Super sunwukong
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  * ]
Magellan and Lubu comparision

Magellan
Will kill own allies if they are in the way.
Fought Luffy

Lubu
Will kill own allies if he wants to.
Fought Zhao Yun

as you can see not much of a difference.WhiteBeard is more of a Guan Yu type.

Master Omega
Member Avatar
Lord of The World
Super sunwukong
Sep 24 2011, 10:07 PM

Magellan
Fought Luffy

Lubu
Fought Zhao Yun

Don't recall Lu Bu ACTUALLY fighting Zhao Yun. Only in game openings does that happen. Though it's a good comparison up to that point.

Super sunwukong
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  * ]
Master Omega
Sep 25 2011, 04:43 AM
Super sunwukong
Sep 24 2011, 10:07 PM

Magellan
Fought Luffy

Lubu
Fought Zhao Yun

Don't recall Lu Bu ACTUALLY fighting Zhao Yun. Only in game openings does that happen. Though it's a good comparison up to that point.
He did in a cutscene for DW5 I think.

Masato
Member Avatar
A Wolf beyond the Wall...
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Yes, he did but that fight actually never happened. I don't they even saw each others face-to-face... But that's a good comparison! If KOEI include some kind of Chronicles Mode in the game, Magellan would be a good Lu Bu!

Super sunwukong
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  * ]
After looking at some old episodes I think that Calgara could be a very powerful character.He was the beast of Shandora.He killed intruders without hesitation.He was feared and respected by many.

rizzy00777
Member Avatar
I Like The Way You Die Boy
[ *  *  *  * ]
akainu is a badass, ruthless n he also will kill his own men, plus hez powerfull and can fit to be the lu bu of this game

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · One Piece: Pirate Warriors (Kaizoku Musou) · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Composed & Designed by, ĐKOEI Warriors, 2005-2014. All rights reserved.