Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to KOEI Warriors (Forum). We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls.

As a member you will also have access the exclusive Members Only Section where you will be privvy to a wide range of KOEI Warriors Renders, OSTs and Videos.
Registration is simple, fast, and completely free!

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Dead or Alive 5; coming to PS3 & 360
Topic Started: Jan 8 2010, 03:36 AM (71,667 Views)
Celestial
Member Avatar
Love,hate, tragedy, and war.
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
More goodies.

Spoiler: click to toggle

Spoiler: click to toggle
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Lady Succubus
Member Avatar
I'm a Fighter
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Wow loving Chrisite, you can finally see the age difference between the girls and they now ACTUALLY LOOK THEY HAVE DIFFERENT RACES xD finally :P also she looks older, i hope shes now older (28ish maybe?)

PhineBuyM3
Member Avatar
Han's Unifier
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Andreas-andi
Apr 26 2012, 03:32 PM
Celestial
Apr 26 2012, 01:43 PM
http://www.doaworld.com/forums/index.php?/page/index.html/_/doa-news/christie-bayman-revealed-r225

Christie and Bayman revealed! Expect trailer in a later on today. Although the quality of the pic isn't that good, there new looks seem good to me.

Edit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3CVk0zivV8c&feature=player_embedded Enjoy

Thank you for the link :)

Gameplay looks hot :)
Christie looks hot :)

Ahh, nice. Christie was one of the characters I was waiting on now I need to see Brad Wong before going off to pre-order.

Guan Yinping
Member Avatar
General
[ *  *  *  * ]
I found some nice cg artworks of Bayman and Christie. They both look awesome! I cant't wait to see Helena and Lisa, Oh and also Mila!

Christie

Bayman

Chunli
Member Avatar
General
[ *  *  *  * ]
Bayman looks like Chris Redfield haha. =D

Guan Yinping
Member Avatar
General
[ *  *  *  * ]
Here are the others but I can't seem to find Hitomi. Kasumi and Ayane are so beautiful.

Kasumi

Ayane

Hayate

Ryu Hayabusa

I like all the redesigs of the female characters especially Kasumi and Ayane, I do love how they look animeish and a bit close to being realistic.

They really improved in my opinion. I feel so hyped to buy this game too!
Edited by Guan Yinping, Apr 27 2012, 06:01 AM.

Andreas-andi
Emperor's Retainer
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Dead Or Alive 5 - Sexual Aspects distract gamers from fighting - Dev

Here is the source, and the information:
http://www.nowgamer.com/news/1337583/dead_or_alive_5_sexual...

What do you think?

Edited by Andreas-andi, Apr 27 2012, 04:01 PM.

WarHawk
Member Avatar
I see what you don`t
Andreas-andi
Apr 27 2012, 04:00 PM

What do you think?

That was wise decision. Girls do not look like rubber dolls anymore. Just look on Hitomi, she`s so cute girl. ^_^
About Bayman - DA BEAST. Great look for Sambo fighter. About Christie - hot, hot and hot. A little bit vulgarly but not as she was in previous games. They are both looking perfect on my taste.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Twilight Sky
Rrha quel ra fountaina ar ciel anw vonn.
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Andreas-andi
Apr 27 2012, 04:00 PM

What do you think?

That's why I couldn't get into the DOA series, at least Kokoro wasn't a makeshift distraction, but Lei Fang had it bad, nevermind the ninjas. Normalized, down to earth realistic girls please.

As for the gameplay video on the site: I see that Christie's fighting style still leaves her vulnerable in a lot of areas...

Barnzi88
Member Avatar
General
[ *  *  *  * ]
I'm glad they're toning down the sexual aspect part of the game.

Not I ever had a serious problem with it, I'm pleased they're trying out something a tad different for a change.

Celestial
Member Avatar
Well the "doll look" was for having a anime style mixed with some realistic.( At least in my theory .) I really was never bothered by it but I am glad to see that they are moving on from it. The realistic models do look a great deal better than the doll look.

Really don't care that they are toning down the sexual aspect of the game. It really isn't that much besides a few outfits from the past games and the "bounce" being toned down. I'm sure it may help it get noticed by some other fighting game fans by doing so.

Speaking of fans, the last trailer seem to have been received really well from the comments I've been reading.
Edited by Celestial, Apr 30 2012, 03:21 AM.

Andreas-andi
Emperor's Retainer
Dead or Alive 5 has Costume-Specific Boobs Bounce and Transparency

http://andriasang.com/con0vj/doa5_bounce_transparency/

FAMITSU:
http://www.famitsu.com/news/201204/29014056.html

I think, its an interesting gameplay-features :)
What do you think?

Edited by Andreas-andi, Apr 30 2012, 12:19 PM.

MCG
Member Avatar
Legacy Forger
I'm unsure whether or not to invest into this series. I'm tempted, as I'd like to get back into it but the last game I played was Dead or Alive 2 and to be honest I found the game to be rather difficult and lacking in forms of fluidity. It may seem like a silly question, but, has the game advanced since 2 and can I expect differences from then to this game. I enjoyed DOA2 but I lost touch after it went Xbox exclusive. I've seen the gameplay but it seems to retain that stunted, hard hitting overall potential 'rape' system when backed into a corner.
Edited by MCG, Apr 30 2012, 04:23 PM.

HokutoNoBen
Member Avatar
Conqueror that Appeared at the End of the Age
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Tigris solis orientis
Apr 30 2012, 04:22 PM
I'm unsure whether or not to invest into this series. I'm tempted, as I'd like to get back into it but the last game I played was Dead or Alive 2 and to be honest I found the game to be rather difficult and lacking in forms of fluidity. It may seem like a silly question, but, has the game advanced since 2 and can I expect differences from then to this game. I enjoyed DOA2 but I lost touch after it went Xbox exclusive. I've seen the gameplay but it seems to retain that stunted, hard hitting overall potential 'rape' system when backed into a corner.
DOA, even at its worst, was always one of the more fluid 3D fighting games ever made, in my opinion. And DOA5 looks to be putting things closer to the more viable DOA2/3.1-style systems than anything else, which is already a good start.

But anyway, differences? Yeah, there's quite a bit of differences to be had, with how stages have been made much more "Dynamic" than before, and even a few new mechanics like Side-step cancels and Power Blows in the mix.

For more, I direct you to this video/article on SRK:

http://shoryuken.com/2012/04/17/top-doa-players-play-the-dead-or-alive-5-alpha-demo/

This article a compilation of 2+ hours of footage by some of the best DOA players over at FreeStepDodge, based on the now available demo. If this series that showcases what this game engine is capable of doesn't get you interested, I'd wager nothing would! :hehe:

On that note, I still question why this topic is isolated in this session, while the "real" fighting game forum is in another section altogether...

Andreas-andi
Emperor's Retainer
HokutoNoBen
Apr 30 2012, 10:04 PM
Tigris solis orientis
Apr 30 2012, 04:22 PM
DOA, even at its worst, was always one of the more fluid 3D fighting games ever made, in my opinion. And DOA5 looks to be putting things closer to the more viable DOA2/3.1-style systems than anything else, which is already a good start.

But anyway, differences? Yeah, there's quite a bit of differences to be had, with how stages have been made much more "Dynamic" than before, and even a few new mechanics like Side-step cancels and Power Blows in the mix.

For more, I direct you to this video/article on SRK:

http://shoryuken.com/2012/04/17/top-doa-players-play-the-dead-or-alive-5-alpha-demo/

This article a compilation of 2+ hours of footage by some of the best DOA players over at FreeStepDodge, based on the now available demo. If this series that showcases what this game engine is capable of doesn't get you interested, I'd wager nothing would! :hehe:

On that note, I still question why this topic is isolated in this session, while the "real" fighting game forum is in another section altogether...

(I can not speak english well)
Thank you for the link :)

This video is pretty cool:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XYlk57RAjQ4

In this video, there are pretty cool spectacular combos and moves.
I hope Dead or Alive 5 will be the best DoA game ever!

Edited by Andreas-andi, May 1 2012, 01:00 AM.

Mio
Member Avatar
Mイオ
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
If Tecmo is going to follow the pattern of revealing 2 chrctrs at the same time, I think we'll be seeing this kind of match ups:

Jann Lee vs Lei Fang
Bass vs Tina
Kokoro vs Eliot
Helena vs Lisa
Brad vs Gen Fu
Zack vs Leon
Pai vs Mila or Rig
Sarah vs Mila or Rig

+ some possible extra chrctrs.

But anyway, this is only my speculation.

Lady Succubus
Member Avatar
I'm a Fighter
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Question for the board. Tina: Brunette or blonde? Personally id prefer brunette as we already have one blonde girl and i think she looks way more natural brunette

UpInMahBubble
Member Avatar
Bao's Knight
She'll most likely stay blonde. I mean she gradually went blonde over the games, IIRC she was blonde with roots in 2 then proper blonde following. She might be like a really silvery blonde or something :lol:

DarkSaviour
General
[ *  *  *  * ]
If I'm not mistaking facts Team Ninja stated that she's natural brunette but she dyed hair blonde (confirmation? check her eyebrows). On the other hand in one cutscene, I don't remember in which game it was, Tina was shown as a kid with blonde hair.

Anyway there aren't too much players who are old enough to remember DOA1 so I think they'll keep blonde.

Lady Succubus
Member Avatar
I'm a Fighter
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Idk sometimes peoples hair goes darker as they age. I guess as her almost yellow blonde she does fit into the whole 'southern belle' type thing but i just thought itd be nice with the desexualing and stuffs. Oh well. always Alternate costumes and DLC ^_^

Celestial
Member Avatar
Yes, Tecmo did state that Tina was a natural brunette but dyed it blonde. I really don't think koei will be going back to it and wouldn't mind actually. It could show up in a alt for old times sake.

DarkSaviour
General
[ *  *  *  * ]
Bah... I don't need Tina's alternates and/or DLCs with dark hair. If they decided to switch her to blonde they should stick to it - it's part of her design (which I, surprisingly, like more despite the fact I prefer girls with dark hair in real life). It was one thing I hated in KOF: Maximum Impact - every alternate consisted of different hair color and skintone. Hideous...

You hear me Team Ninja? Keep Tina blonde! Only!

Mio
Member Avatar
Mイオ
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Speaking of appearences, the recent interview revealed that there's going to be some old costumes and some completely new ones.

Which ones would you like to see from the old outfits in doa5?

I'd like to see at least for my mains:

Lei Fang: From DOA4: 1, 2 and 7; from DOA2U: 9 and 15
Kokoro: The school uniforms
Edited by Mio, Jun 10 2012, 07:02 PM.

Lady Succubus
Member Avatar
I'm a Fighter
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
All the old classics (by old i mean DOA2 DOA3 old)
for example, anyone remember Ayanes big red shirt and black leggings? best.costume.ever
And Lei Fangs DOA3 ending outfit. Also epicly amazing. :3
Helenas opera dress Kasumis school uniform and all Kokoros DOA4 outfits are all i need. everyone elses costumes were merr for the most part

Balder
Member Avatar
The Lumen Sage
Lady Succubus
May 9 2012, 09:02 PM
Question for the board. Tina: Brunette or blonde?
I think the question should really be: what cliché glamor career is Tina pursuing this time?
I say celebrity chef. :hehe:

Yoni

Which ones would you like to see from the old outfits in doa5?
Let's see...
Ayane - DOA2 C1 / DOA2 C2 / DOA2 C3 / DOA2 C7 / DOA3 C1 / DOA2U C13
Christie - DOA3 C2 / DOA4 C4 / DOAD DLC2
Helena - DOA2 C1 / DOA2 C2
Lei Fang - DOA2 C4 / DOA2 C8
Tina - DOA2 C1 / DOA2 C2 / DOA2 C3 / DOA2 C7

EDIT: just throwing this out.
Tecmo Koei announced that they're aiming to sell 1 million copies of DOA5.
Pretty humble expectations, especially compared to you-know-who. I think they might succeed. So far DOA5 has been getting a warm reception, especially given how most of the FGC perceives the series.

3 users reading this topic (1 Guest and 2 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · TECMO & Other KOEI Games · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Composed & Designed by, ©KOEI Warriors, 2005-2014. All rights reserved.