Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to KOEI Warriors (Forum). We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls.

As a member you will also have access the exclusive Members Only Section where you will be privvy to a wide range of KOEI Warriors Renders, OSTs and Videos.
Registration is simple, fast, and completely free!

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features!

Username:   Password:
Poll Only
What do you think of the ideas I've submitted? *please dont anwser till you read it*
I like the idea, it seems like an interesting way to include CAW without going overboard. 13 (61.9%)
Though the thought is indeed creative, I feel its unnecessary. 8 (38.1%)
Total Votes: 21
A Possible way to impliment CAW into WO3; A Possible way to impliment CAW into WO3
Topic Started: Oct 14 2011, 01:51 AM (1,075 Views)
Ixbran
Member Avatar
Legend
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I recently bought Samurai Warriors Chronicles for my 3DS, and while playing i found my self thinking about how the Hero and Heroin could fit into the WO Universe. and as i was in the process of making my characters, i came up with an Idea.

in WO3 they could include the Hero and Heroine from SWC, and make it so players can go in and edit them via the options system.

Posted Image

Posted Image

The main objective for SWC is to meet with and form bonds with people, much like that of WO3. As you progress through the game and your bonds become very strong, your Hero/Heroine gains the ability to use their friends weapon types.

That could easily be implemented into WO3 due to the bond/romance/betrayal system thats already in WO3.

this way your CAW can have a unique move set: Long Sword & Musket Combo, and Short Sword & Mid Sword combo. But you can also give them the move set of a character you like as soon as you max out your friendship with them.

as for giving them names, i figure in the story mode the two can be refereed too as "Him/Her", "He/She", "Them", "They", "Boy/Girl". Like how they did in FFX when you could give Tidus any name you wanted, and they just had the voice actors avoid saying his name directly.

They could also make it so you could alter their appearance, and make it so when it comes to scenes like this:
Posted Image

It could just show the default design, rather than the one you altered, that way players can be reminded who that character originally was.

Posted Image
Click For bigger Image

Posted Image
Click For bigger Image

I figure it would be a good way for these two characters to get into the WO Series, while also allowing the game to have a sort of CAW to allow the players to bond with characters through a character that could represent them selves.

and when it comes to voices, you could go in and change the voices to fit how youed like them. and the voices could have all recorded the same lines the character would normally say.

Or, to make them seem more like how you want them, they could just perform actions in these conversations like:
*nods head in agreement*

*shakes head furiously*

*frowns with disappointment*

*claps hands gleefully*

and they could be reactions players could select without altering any f the other character dialogue say a few sentences here or there without changing the general flow of the conversation. to allow the characters to be more like the way the players think they would.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Yoshinushi
Member Avatar
By Odin's Beard!
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Though I wouldn't say no to it, it's inclusion isn't necessary. There are so many characters already, prety much anyone is going to find something to their liking.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Ixbran
Member Avatar
Legend
Yoshihime
Oct 14 2011, 01:55 AM
Though I wouldn't say no to it, it's inclusion isn't necessary. There are so many characters already, prety much anyone is going to find something to their liking.
right, but i figure since they are using SW3 versions of the universe, the SW chronicles characters could be included since their weapons would add diversity to the cast. i mean if people didn't want to edit them they wouldn't have too, it being completely optional.

but those who do want a CAW could easily find it within these characters.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Yoshinushi
Member Avatar
By Odin's Beard!
If this is about those specific movesets, them using Inazami or whatever would work a lot better. Again, if it was in, all the better to it. But I just won't be disappointed if we don't get it.
Offline Profile Goto Top

UpInMahBubble
Member Avatar
Bao's Knight
I like the idea, it'd be nice to see them make it into the game somehow and this could work.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Ixbran
Member Avatar
Legend
Yoshihime
Oct 14 2011, 02:01 AM
If this is about those specific movesets, them using Inazami or whatever would work a lot better. Again, if it was in, all the better to it. But I just won't be disappointed if we don't get it.
its ment to be a combination of the two really

the characters get in so that we can have access to their unique move sets. how ever since they were designed to have their appearance and personalities to be changeable to the players specifications in SWC, they could also impliment that into WO3 as well.

players can chose to edit them in WO3, or keep them the same. there for making CAW Optional in this game, while still having access to awesome unique move sets.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Katatonia
Member Avatar
Τὸ Μεγα Θηρίον

That's actually a good idea.
Online Profile Goto Top

Graceful1rish
Member Avatar
Maple!
[ *  *  * ]
Sounds great, Ixban
Offline Profile Goto Top

Fuuma
Member Avatar
Supreme Warrior-Scholar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Sounds good, but I think CAW is unnecessary for this game. 120+ characters is more than enough to choose from.
Offline Profile Goto Top

AdventGreatness
Member Avatar
Emperor's Retainer
Perhaps featuring only one or two CAW's. So then there aren't "TOO" many characters, but then again, "I" wouldn't mind :hehe:
Offline Profile Goto Top

DestinyX
Member Avatar
Gundam Meister
[ *  *  * ]
Yoshihime
Oct 14 2011, 01:55 AM
True, but i agree that CAW would be a great boost in the game. If you get tired of using the unique characters then pop on over to Caw and go from there. They should have the caw like Dw6 empires, in-depth creation. It would help improve sales but i already know they might not do it, since its, already 40% done
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Archives · Next Topic »
Poll Only

Composed & Designed by, ©KOEI Warriors, 2005-2014. All rights reserved.