Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to KOEI Warriors (Forum). We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls.

As a member you will also have access the exclusive Members Only Section where you will be privvy to a wide range of KOEI Warriors Renders, OSTs and Videos.
Registration is simple, fast, and completely free!

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Warriors Orochi 3 Help Thread
Topic Started: Dec 27 2011, 12:16 AM (56,801 Views)
Komatsu
Member Avatar
(ʘ‿ʘ)✿ what'd you say about my Ina

Now that the game is out, I'm sure people will have some questions. To cut down on multiple topics or things being lost in the main thread, use this!

Sagittarius has a guide that explains quite a bit, but if there's anything else, go ahead and ask.

There's also a very good guide here as well. This guide contains the kanji for all stages and items.

------------

FAQ

Here is an updated list of weapon attributes, with names from the English version. Compiled by Solsephka.
Weapon Attributes names (English ver.)

list of character skills, also compiled by Solsephka.
Character Proficiency skills
Edited by Komatsu, Apr 5 2012, 03:08 AM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Furinkazen
Member Avatar
Lord Furi has returned!
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Questions from someone eagerly awaiting the EU release...

1: So we have 1 story mode correct, with multiple branches. The story mode can be completed and all stages can be unlocked by playing through once, but to unlock all characters you need to play through the vast majority twice to "save" them.

2: How many weapons are there? is it 4 weapon ranks like WO2?

Noah
Member Avatar
Roll over & Die!
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
i've spent an hour trying to remember my characters' names T^T

anyway how do you unlock these characters
Zhong hui
nezha
kai
nu wa
fu xi

i forgot the rest

Komatsu
Member Avatar

TigerOfEchigo
Dec 27 2011, 12:30 AM
Questions from someone eagerly awaiting the EU release...

1: So we have 1 story mode correct, with multiple branches. The story mode can be completed and all stages can be unlocked by playing through once, but to unlock all characters you need to play through the vast majority twice to "save" them.

2: How many weapons are there? is it 4 weapon ranks like WO2?
You have to play through 12 stages twice to save the characters involved. Some characters are unlocked in gaiden stages, though.

Each character has about ~six unique weapons. Weapons that rank one through four stars, as well as at least two ultimates (with one large star). If a person shares a weapon class with another character, technically they can wield more weapons from those other characters.

Noah, the majority of those characters are unlocked in the story.
Kai in chapter 1
Nu Wa and Fu Xi in chapter 3
Nezha after the True Ending
Zhong Hui in a gaiden in chapter 4

Noah
Member Avatar
Roll over & Die!
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
thanks komatsu

Humble Novice
Member Avatar
Han's Unifier
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I have two questions about this game. Since most of the characters can now share some of the same weapons with one another while retaining their own move sets, just how many weapon categories are there to begin with? And also, what kind of advantages do the joke weapons have aside from their unique skins?

Adatus_Chevalier
Member Avatar
Sergeant
[ * ]
I've been wondering for almost 3 to 4 hours, does did game gives the player the option of starting with a horse? And does the Red Hare and Matsukaze, I think, are available? :mellow:

Thanks in advance :)
Edited by Adatus_Chevalier, Dec 27 2011, 01:57 AM.

Tetsuo9999
Member Avatar

Is there an item/enchant that enables jump canceling for any character like the second game?

frozentuna
Member Avatar
"Dragon kick your @$$ into the milky way!"
[ *  *  *  * ]
Adatus_Chevalier
Dec 27 2011, 01:56 AM
I've been wondering for almost 3 to 4 hours, does did game gives the player the option of starting with a horse? And does the Red Hare and Matsukaze, I think, are available? :mellow:

Press select button to call your horse.
Red Hare and Matsukaze are in the game. To get them, read the requirements here.

Adatus_Chevalier
Member Avatar
Sergeant
[ * ]
frozentuna
Dec 27 2011, 03:34 AM
Adatus_Chevalier
Dec 27 2011, 01:56 AM

Press select button to call your horse.
Red Hare and Matsukaze are in the game. To get them, read the requirements here.
Thanks...
*Phew* I don't have to use that slow moving horse :hehe:

frozentuna
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  * ]
Tetsuo9999
Dec 27 2011, 02:09 AM
Is there an item/enchant that enables jump canceling for any character like the second game?
There are no enchants in this game. Only items (each character can equip 2) and skills/elements (forged to weapon slot).
From what players have found so far, there is no item to allow characters to jump cancel.

I doubt it will be in this game though, since it will probably mess up the controls of those wonder type characters. (wonder type allows character to press X between attacks to do a shadow dash)

Nutella
Member Avatar
May contain nuts
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
One question:

Sun Shang Xiang's EX attack is unlocked at what level? I kinda sped up her levelling to lvl 15 but did not get her EX attack.

frozentuna
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  * ]
Nutella
Dec 27 2011, 06:56 AM
One question:

Sun Shang Xiang's EX attack is unlocked at what level? I kinda sped up her levelling to lvl 15 but did not get her EX attack.
SSX ex attack is from her C6. All characters will have all their moves unlocked by level 20.
Edited by frozentuna, Dec 27 2011, 01:09 PM.

Noah
Member Avatar
Roll over & Die!
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
is there a guide for unlocking characters?

Komatsu
Member Avatar

95% of the characters are unlocked through the story. By chapter four you should have everyone by playing square stages except:

Spoiler: click to toggle

Note that the bonds have to be raised to the second level AND you have to talk to them - they'll be standing around next to each other, once you talk to them the conversation will unlock the stage.

For the ones that require bonds, at least. The stage will actually tell you who to raise the bonds for, so if there's any questions, check the kanji with this list.
Edited by Komatsu, Dec 27 2011, 02:37 PM.

frozentuna
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  * ]
Can anyone confirm how the weapon sharing system work?
I used to think that character X can share weapons with character Y if their bond was high enough (for same weapon type).

From what i see in the weapon shop, it seems that X must purchase Y's weapon to be able to use it.
I used Fu Xi for the first time, and saw the weapons of Xiahou Dun, Shima Sakon and Uesugi Kenshin for sale. All have low base attacks, so i'm assuming the level up stats are like the joke weapons, ie, better than the 4th weapon.

dancingswan
Member Avatar
Cross Judge.

This is more of a gameplay question, and I'm not sure if it has been asked.

Do Wang Yuanji's and Zhu Rong's knives have the same effect on officers like in DW7, or should I say lack of effect. You know how the officers don't flinch when hit.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Komatsu
Member Avatar

dancingswan
Dec 27 2011, 06:16 PM
This is more of a gameplay question, and I'm not sure if it has been asked.

Do Wang Yuanji's and Zhu Rong's knives have the same effect on officers like in DW7, or should I say lack of effect. You know how the officers don't flinch when hit.
Yeah, they don't do anything.

On the plus side though, they make it very easy to raise that team gauge - Yuanji's taken literally seconds for me.

@frozentuna, they only seem to share joke weapons and "alternate" weapons. You can buy them all. I don't think bonds has much to do with it, aside from gifting weapons randomly?
Edited by Komatsu, Dec 27 2011, 09:37 PM.

frozentuna
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  * ]
Yeah, guess i was being too optimistic when i read that the characters can 'share' weapons.
I thought of building say, one uber spear, then all spear users can share it. Too bad it doesn't work that way. Damn lol.

Princefan1
Member Avatar
Sima Clan Loyalist
[ *  *  *  * ]
Thanks Komatsu!! So to unlock the True ending to get both orochis, Nezha, and Kiyomori do you have to complete all gaiden stages?
Edited by Princefan1, Dec 27 2011, 08:41 PM.

Noah
Member Avatar
Roll over & Die!
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Komatsu
Dec 27 2011, 01:46 PM
95% of the characters are unlocked through the story. By chapter four you should have everyone by playing square stages except:

Spoiler: click to toggle

Note that the bonds have to be raised to the second level AND you have to talk to them - they'll be standing around next to each other, once you talk to them the conversation will unlock the stage.

For the ones that require bonds, at least. The stage will actually tell you who to raise the bonds for, so if there's any questions, check the kanji with this list.
thanks thats really helpful
i never knew about the bond thing

btw what about diao chan? do i unlock her with lu bu?

Komatsu
Member Avatar

Yeah, you have to complete all the gaiden stages to get all characters (and replay Osaka with Diao Chan to get Lu Bu) AND you have to replay one of the crater stages ^_^.

Diao Chan is unlocked at the altered Tong Gate, it's the first stage of Chapter 3.

Noah
Member Avatar
Roll over & Die!
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Komatsu
Dec 27 2011, 09:46 PM
Yeah, you have to complete all the gaiden stages to get all characters (and replay Osaka with Diao Chan to get Lu Bu) AND you have to replay one of the crater stages ^_^.

Diao Chan is unlocked at the altered Tong Gate, it's the first stage of Chapter 3.
whats cratar?
is it the stage that has a sword sympol in it?

EDIT
i know this sounds too much but for some of the people that cant read japanese, is there a list that says the number of the stage?
Edited by Noah, Dec 27 2011, 10:11 PM.

Komatsu
Member Avatar

Oh no, the crater stage is actually called something else - "Decisive Battle of the Crater"? But it's the stage that you get after you defeat Youja, the giant snake. You'll figure out what it is once you get there.

Wynter
Supreme Warrior-Scholar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Sorry but this isnt helping me at all.

What do you mean by -

"Gracia: Raise the bond between Sima Yi, Masamune (and Goemon?). Play battle of Guangzong."

You mean, raise the bond of Sima Yi , Masamune and Goemon and then play the battle of GuanZhong to unlock Gracia?

I dont understand.

2 users reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Warriors Orochi 3 (Musou Orochi 2) · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Composed & Designed by, ©KOEI Warriors, 2005-2014. All rights reserved.