Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to KOEI Warriors (Forum). We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls.

As a member you will also have access the exclusive Members Only Section where you will be privvy to a wide range of KOEI Warriors Renders, OSTs and Videos.
Registration is simple, fast, and completely free!

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
New FotNS (Pachinko) for the PS3 !; New Fist of the North Star game for the PS3
Topic Started: Feb 27 2012, 07:28 PM (714 Views)
Andreas-andi
Emperor's Retainer
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Sega brings "Fist of the North Star" (Pachinko) to PS3 !

Here is the source:
http://andriasang.com/con041/fist_pachinko_ps3/

Here is the official site:
http://hisshouhou.com/hokutof/

What do you think ?

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

HokutoNoBen
Member Avatar
Conqueror that Appeared at the End of the Age
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
It's...a port of a pachinko game.

That's it. There's not much else that can be said here, beyond the fact that Sega obviously still holds a license to make HnK games, but WON'T kiss-and-make-up with ASW so that we can get what people REALLY want: a sequel to 2005's ASW Hokuto no Ken fighter.

wodash
Member Avatar
undefeated in all directions
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
HokutoNoBen
Feb 27 2012, 11:07 PM
It's...a port of a pachinko game.

That's it. There's not much else that can be said here, beyond the fact that Sega obviously still holds a license to make HnK games, but WON'T kiss-and-make-up with ASW so that we can get what people REALLY want: a sequel to 2005's ASW Hokuto no Ken fighter.
almost the same with KT i guess, seeing that its been quite a while since Hokuto Musou and nothing had been heard of it again...i blame nePece for this :hmph:
Edited by wodash, Feb 28 2012, 02:23 AM.

HokutoNoBen
Member Avatar
I'd like to blame OnePiece since it's an easy scapegoat, but the truth is, I can't help but blame Koei themselves for delivering what is, in a number of ways, a half-baked HnK game. And that's probably what led to the game not selling as well as it could have, which may endanger the notion of us getting a sequel/successor.

I mean, don't get me wrong. Hokuto Musou was a fun game. But when it came to HnK fanservice, it was positively lacking. No original voices (or close sound-alikes). Koei's "reinterpreted designs" instead of giving us the original manga designs first (which were then made into DLC that you had to pay for! D8). An abridged version of the storyline that left out plenty of important details, and thus was a poor means of explaining everything to a prospective newcomer. Also, when you're a Hokuto no Ken game and you don't in someway represent one of the most infamous moments in manga/anime history (re: Ken and Shin's "kick clash"), SOMETHING IS DEFINITELY WRONG. Even the ****in PACHINKO game shown above got that much right!

And the funny thing to think about is, if Koei tried to pull some of that BS that they did with Hokuto Musou in any of their Gundam games, Gundam fans in Japan would have found a way to drop a colony on their headquarters. Imagine if you had to play with Koei's redesigns of various Gundams by default in Gundam Musou 3, forcing you to pay for a DLC code to play as the "authentic" designs. Yeah, right! :hehe:

If Koei does return to the Hokuto-verse any time soon? I honestly hope they do something akin to exploring the proposed storyline outlining the origins of Hokuto Shinken (Shuuken and his descendents). Because honestly, I think Koei would do better to help illustrate a story that hasn't been told yet, as opposed to one that has been several times over, and thus, the expectations may be too high for Koei to meet.

wodash
Member Avatar
HokutoNoBen
Feb 28 2012, 05:36 PM
I'd like to blame OnePiece since it's an easy scapegoat, but the truth is, I can't help but blame Koei themselves for delivering what is, in a number of ways, a half-baked HnK game.
Indeed, but as a game overall, its still better and much more enjoyable than their own flagship series in most aspects, i can't see what's so great about DW7 before getting it and even after platinuming it, it even made me miss DW6 for their more stylish approach, and SW3 feels WAY too slow (and tedious) for a musou game, and they say HM was slow

HM is the closest to a Basara game that KT had ever made, the fun factor is high, and you don't need to worry about anything most of the time, just survive and do what you do best:kill everything.

Quote:

But when it came to HnK fanservice, it was positively lacking. No original voices (or close sound-alikes).

for the voices, most of them doesn't sound like it anymore because they're too old or are dead, and HnK isn't the most productive series ever, they had dead people voices in gundam games because there are still NEW samples for them to use from previous game sources when the VA was still alive/good to go

and the replacement VA's were awesome nonetheless, as much as i lived the screechy narrator of the original HnK, wakamoto puts on a stellar performance on doing his part, for example

your other points makes sense for longtime hardcore fans, but all of the changes/cuts doesn't irks me as much though except for the lack of stage variations and mouth watering NPC's that i can't play as, sure i question KT's decision to not add the kick duel ANYWHERE(they could just put it in the OP movie, for example) but i'm pretty sure people will skip all those scenes and go straight to the game after a while anyways

and GM didn't do much of a great job with their scenes and stories too (and that ZZ campaign was just an insult to ZZ fans that they better of not having it in at all,and where's the other series's stories?), especially in GM2, but i don't see much uproars about that, and i swear, if see ONE more last shooting scene in then i'll shoot my own head off, awesome at first by very annoying when you see it in all of the games

Quote:

And the funny thing to think about is, if Koei tried to pull some of that BS that they did with Hokuto Musou in any of their Gundam games, Gundam fans in Japan would have found a way to drop a colony on their headquarters. Imagine if you had to play with Koei's redesigns of various Gundams by default in Gundam Musou 3, forcing you to pay for a DLC code to play as the "authentic" designs. Yeah, right! :hehe:
this, i guess, since i'm not not a Japanese or a hardcore follower of most of the stuffs i like, i tend to enjoy the liberties of modern/alternate take on stuffs, unless they screw it hard, like the SB anime or some of the non-hara HnK spinoffs

and hey, that's actually a brilliant idea on the original KT redesigns for the gundams, IIRC the VER.ka models of everything are quite popular nowadays (might be because the majority of overseas fans were Wingnuts?), and if from day one/GM they redesigned everything into sengoku/sangoku variants of the gundams with a totally original stories done by KT, it might not be that bad at all, at least the overseas title would make much more sense now, i'm sure BK would agree at least on that point

Edited by wodash, Feb 29 2012, 03:15 AM.

HokutoNoBen
Member Avatar
Yeah, again, HM was a fun game in itself, and easily one of the best games of its ilk. I'm not disputing that point at all. It's just that as a Hokuto no Ken game, it falls a bit short in comparison to the likes of ASW's fighting game and ESPECIALLY the PSX Hokuto no Ken game that Banpresto put out many moons ago. And with Koei's game being made after those games, and with much better technology on hand, it just makes it much more noticeable where HM falls short.

Zillion
Soldier
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Hell, ASW doesn't even need to make another HnK game for them, they've got very capable fighting game developers of their own, right? Just give us an actual game, not a glorified slot machine!

wodash
Member Avatar
Adnan
Mar 1 2012, 10:32 PM
Hell, ASW doesn't even need to make another HnK game for them, they've got very capable fighting game developers of their own, right? Just give us an actual game, not a glorified slot machine!
Hell no, i don't want them making HnK into another virtua fighter...and most of SEGA's games nowadays are either bad games or outsourced games, none of their originals shine that much anymore, as opposed to the saturn/dreamcast era

HokutoNoBen
Member Avatar
Say what you will about the majority of Sega's output, but the Ryu ga Gotoku (Yakuza) series is still great stuff in my eyes. It's probably the main reason Nagoshi was up for promotion and got his own studio within the company, anyway. :hehe:

If anything, the way the RGG games play is more or less how I would imagine a Souten no Ken game playing out...but I digress.

Anyway, if Sega really wanted to have their own dudes make a HNK fighter, they could certainly do that. Anybody who remembers the likes of Fighting Vipers should remember that AM2 definitely CAN make more than one type of fighting game. It's just that it's highly unlikely Sega will allow them to experiment...

wodash
Member Avatar
HokutoNoBen
Mar 2 2012, 07:15 PM
Say what you will about the majority of Sega's output, but the Ryu ga Gotoku (Yakuza) series is still great stuff in my eyes. It's probably the main reason Nagoshi was up for promotion and got his own studio within the company, anyway. :hehe:

Anyway, if Sega really wanted to have their own dudes make a HNK fighter, they could certainly do that. Anybody who remembers the likes of Fighting Vipers should remember that AM2 definitely CAN make more than one type of fighting game. It's just that it's highly unlikely Sega will allow them to experiment...
I was never into Yakuza much(mostly because of the story, the gameplay looks solid), i like the RGG Kenzan! one but that's it(and it didn't made it to the west...why again?), i prefer they remake Shenmue on PS3 with RGG's engine.

fighting vipers and/or last bronx are not that flashy to begin with IMO, its not much different from VF aside from a few tweaks like exaggerated knockbacks and jumps, with weapons on LB's case, but that's just me, even the supposedly crazy/over the top Fighters Megamix still felt a bit bland, and that's compared to Tekken and DOA, not 2D fighters like ASW's HnK which catches the HnK feel perfectly(sans the blood&gore part)

i didn't say ALL of SEGA's recent products are bad anyways, but back then their brand used to guarantee that its a quality title which game experience would be hard to find on other companies games (especially when they still have their own console to take care of)

WarriorsPath
Member Avatar
First Lieutenant
[ *  *  * ]
Question: Does this one have the animated cutscenes which has the HnK2 footage as well?

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · Fist of the North Star: Ken's Rage (Hokuto Musou) · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Composed & Designed by, ©KOEI Warriors, 2005-2014. All rights reserved.