Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to KOEI Warriors (Forum). We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls.

As a member you will also have access the exclusive Members Only Section where you will be privvy to a wide range of KOEI Warriors Renders, OSTs and Videos.
Registration is simple, fast, and completely free!

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
.Hack//Versus; A .Hack Fighting game? DO WANT
Topic Started: Mar 21 2012, 11:50 PM (581 Views)
BrokenDesti1ny
Member Avatar
First Lieutenant
[ *  *  * ]
http://www.siliconera.com/2012/03/21/feast-your-eyes-on-screenshots-of-hackversus/

I'll just leave this link here.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Catallena
Member Avatar
OCTOPUSSY
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
http://www.siliconera.com/2012/03/22/hackversus-looks-like-the-naruto-shippuden-ultimate-ninja-storm-series/

Loving the movie from what I've seen, hating the game for the fact that it's Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm with different characters. Seriously, CC2 could have added a bit more variation to the combat mechanics.

Masato
Member Avatar
A Wolf beyond the Wall...
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Actually after the latest screenshots, it seems that the Engine for the game is a Evolved version of the one used in NSUN STORM Generation.

http://andriasang.com/con0iq/hack_versus_characters/

Just look at Tsukasa's screenshot and you'll get it.

Also, I don't mind if they release a fighting game as long as the RPG series is brought back! BEST RPGs EVER!

wodash
Member Avatar
undefeated in all directions
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
if they could, the should just use the SFIV engine that the AW "street fighter" DLC stages have, that would be awesome IMO

Masato
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I think the STORM Engine is perfect for .Hack//Versus! I mean, none of the .Hack// are 2D so using a 2D engine would not make any sense lol

wodash
Member Avatar
^Sengoku Basara was originally a 3d hack&Slash, it doesn't stop it from having a fully 2d fighting game spoof YEARS after its debut, so your reasoning is just weird for laughing at my post

Joshelplex
Member Avatar
The Nightmare of Winnipeg
The STORM engine seriously limits the depth, which is disappointing. Hack would be great as an actual fighter, but going the simplistic brawler route kinda ensures there wont be a chance of adoption by the tourney crowd and therefore no long term support.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Masato
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Well, from the screenshots so far the game seems to be much better than the Naruto Ultimate Ninja STORM series.

It would be interesting if they used a different control scheme, with for example, [ ] and /\ to attack, O to charge Energy, O+/\ to regular special and O+[ ] to another special and O,O+[ ] for Ultimates... Something like that!

BTW did you guys noticed that Haseo has both Form 1 Noob Haseo and Form 3 The Terror of Death in the trailer? How do you think that will work? It's already confirmed that he's going to have the Xth Form as his Exceed (Aye, sir!)...

wodash
Member Avatar
MatheusOda
Apr 7 2012, 03:12 PM
Well, from the screenshots so far the game seems to be much better than the Naruto Ultimate Ninja STORM series.
Josephlex is not talking about the graphics, its the gameplay that he is disappointed about.

Joshelplex
Member Avatar
I dont know how you can gauge that it looks better from the screenshots given it looks exactly the same and probably is.

Masato
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Can we now stop complaining about the gameplay being the same as STORM?

Posted Image

- The Analog Pad is used to move your character.
- The Cross Button (Posted Image) is for jump and Boost Dash.
- Square (Posted Image) is your regular attack.
- Circle (Posted Image) is throw.
- Triangle (Posted Image) is Strike Attack, which launches up your enemies and can be charged up first to make it unblockable.
- R1 is guard.
- The Crack Burst is used with the buttons R1+Posted Image and can be used to knocks an enemy back.
- Holding L1 opens the Skill Trigger.
- Every character has an Exceed too, which triggers a mode change. You can activate this by pressing L1 and R1 at the same time.
- Every character also has a Ultimate Skill assigned to L1 + R2.

Also, it seems Tsukasa specializes on long range attacks, Ovan uses his Steam Gun as both a gun a sword and gets ultra-overpowered when he releases his AIDA Arm and Sakuya is a speedy character and when you fight her you're actually fighting two characters. Hermit accompanies her in battle.

Well, for me it seems that the gameplay is far more deep than the STORM series and one worth for the .hack//Series! What do you guys think?

Red Comet 079
Member Avatar
Knight of Shadows
[ *  *  *  * ]
*looks at movie trailer* Is the Kite lookalike*not Sayaka* a GIRL?!!!o.0

As for the game wish it was also for 360*PS3's still busted*

Flashbang Incentive
Member Avatar
Emperor's Retainer
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
No chance of this game coming to the U.S., right? Looks amazing.

Masato
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
If we show our support to Namcobandai, they'll bring the .hack//Series back to the west.

DotHackers are working on it. Support them!

http://dothackus.dothackers.net/

Joshelplex
Member Avatar
They've never really not brought the games here though. They ignored some of the anime, because none of the ones that came out here were ever popular, but we've got the games.

Red Comet 079
Member Avatar
Knight of Shadows
[ *  *  *  * ]
Joshelplex
Apr 15 2012, 05:04 PM
They've never really not brought the games here though. They ignored some of the anime, because none of the ones that came out here were ever popular, but we've got the games.
Well this one's a little iffy since it's bundled with a movie....

And what? I'd figured Hack would've been popular since the games are and the animes*what I've seen of them* seem to be pretty faithful to the source...Well you learn something new everyday.

powerful fighter
Member Avatar
Gokai Red
[ * ]
wow i played all hack// games i can t wait :dance:

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Fighting Games · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Composed & Designed by, ©KOEI Warriors, 2005-2014. All rights reserved.