Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to KOEI Warriors (Forum). We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls.

As a member you will also have access the exclusive Members Only Section where you will be privvy to a wide range of KOEI Warriors Renders, OSTs and Videos.
Registration is simple, fast, and completely free!

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features!

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Dynasty Warriors 7: Empires; For PS3 in 8 Nov 2012 (JP) | CAWs can replace generics!
Topic Started: May 30 2012, 02:06 AM (380,620 Views)
YourClassicWeiYanFan
Member Avatar
Hello
[ *  *  *  * ]
All I'm saying is that KOEI has made some... different... decisions lately. So I wouldn't expect anything crazy is all, as you're probably just getting your hopes up to crush them back down, and thats my last post on the topic of crazy additions.

Anyway what I really liked in DW5:E was execution. They should branch into something more with that.
Offline Profile Goto Top

NineSeven
Member Avatar
"The mind shall vanquish the sword!"
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
wow finally DW7:Empires :cool: my favourite dw game ^^

to the new guy: he looks like a mix of Magoichi Saika and Jiang Weis Dad (or more likely a older version of him) but hes not so much interested for an Empire game, only if they have some new mode now with a story line.

a lot improvement of caw?!?!?! wow i really love caw, i spend the most time creating charakters and use them! cant wait for more infos. i hope that the color menu is something like that from SW3 this was really cool and u could use it for the main charakters, too.

would be cool if they add some "guest charakters" the Mystic Team, Nemea and so on cause they have the DW fighting system included (some of them have already an ex attack), so it would fit

and i really hope its kinda a mix of Empires and Kessen, for a great tactic and enemy analyse system, where u can chose some different options and weapon sieges

edit: i dont now what that means but i found it in a chinese forum

从Fami更新的图里可以看出
1、貌似军议之类的系统没有什么实质性的改变,但是场景更有真实感了
2、地图上的区块貌似比355E少了?还是说因为我习惯了35N的区块划分...
3、血槽和无双的显示图形有变化,而且也不显示人物头像和名字了,减少了自创武将无头像的烦恼
4、击剑貌似并不是普通意义上的西洋击剑,而是一种可以将剑刃部分投掷出去的武器(?),这一点我是从武器图标看到的

it looks like infos about DW7Empires but i am not sure

edit2 more pictures! (sorry if someone posted it before)

http://www.famitsu.com/news/201205/31015428.html
Edited by NineSeven, May 31 2012, 04:01 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Yukimazan
Member Avatar
To The Warriors Train
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
NineSeven
May 31 2012, 03:46 AM
wow finally DW7:Empires :cool: my favourite dw game ^^

to the new guy: he looks like a mix of Magoichi Saika and Jiang Weis Dad (or more likely a older version of him) but not so much interested for an Empire game, only if they have some new mode now with a story line.

a lot improvement of caw?!?!?! wow i really love caw, i spend the most time creating charakters and use them! cant weait for more infos. i hope that the color menu is something like that from SW3 this was really cool and u could use it for the main charakters, too.

would be cool if they add some "guest charakters" the Mystic Team, Nemea and so on cause they have the DW fighting system included, so it would fit

and i really hope its kinda a mix of Empires and Kessen, for a great tactic and enemy analyse system, where u can chose some different options and weapon sieges
Well let's hope you have the option to build over 100 ballistas in your castle just so that your enemy can NEVER invade your territory ever again! :XD
Online Profile Goto Top

NineSeven
Member Avatar
"The mind shall vanquish the sword!"
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
sorry for re-post but here are the images

ah it was posted before, sorry i checked pages 1-5 and 10 up and didnt saw it there :lol:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
Edited by NineSeven, May 31 2012, 04:06 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

dy_enforcer
Member Avatar
Right General
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Ok! After seeing clearer images. Xu Shu looks a lot like Ma Dai except with a different outfit. We already have him so why make another Ma Dai clone? -_-
Edited by dy_enforcer, May 31 2012, 04:17 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

YourClassicWeiYanFan
Member Avatar
Hello
[ *  *  *  * ]
Because KOEIs obsessed with Shu. I guess they truly wanna follow ROTK as much as possible :/
Offline Profile Goto Top

Yukimazan
Member Avatar
To The Warriors Train
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
NineSeven
May 31 2012, 04:03 AM
sorry for re-post but here are the images

ah it was posted before, sorry i checked pages 1-5 and 10 up and didnt saw it there :lol:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
Ooooh, now that looks really amazing for menu and options. I think I'm gonna have fun exploring the castle. ^_^
Online Profile Goto Top

dy_enforcer
Member Avatar
Right General
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
dwarrior121
May 31 2012, 04:17 AM
Because KOEIs obsessed with Shu. I guess they truly wanna follow ROTK as much as possible :/
But seriously, do we really need to make the same face? He's more of a CAW than a unique warrior. Talk about uninspiring <_<

Anyway, I heard that CAW has improved in Empires 7. If so, it better have some freedom in it. I don't like limit designs, it makes it look boring and unsatisfying.
Edited by dy_enforcer, May 31 2012, 04:22 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

YourClassicWeiYanFan
Member Avatar
Hello
[ *  *  *  * ]
Designs shouldn't be limited. Honestly, I think we should be able to go down to the color of their wristband. I LOVED soul calibur 4's CAW system.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Ryoreiki
Member Avatar
Do not pursue.....
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Looks to me like you get to explore within regions a little bit. If that's the case, then I'm pretty satisfied about that, or at least that is what I'm seeing.

I wish the marriage feature expanded too. All you could really do in DW6: E is either have your husband/wife around you, or just get your level raised up by resting, or so they say...... :shifty:
Edited by Ryoreiki, May 31 2012, 04:48 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

-Misery
Officer
[ *  * ]
New expansion = one new character and the old empires features? Ugh! Hope they have added more

Add Yuan Shu! Or everyone's fav He Man lol
Edited by -Misery, May 31 2012, 04:52 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

shabaz82189
Member Avatar
Soldier
[ * ]
so with the addition of Xu Shu it makes one wonder if they will ever even the playing field by adding people to Wu, Jin and the Other armies
Offline Profile Goto Top

moggle9999
Member Avatar
First Lieutenant
[ *  *  * ]
SRS
May 30 2012, 03:17 AM
His weapon is a fist sword? Que.
same here i'am currently playing Musou Orochi 2 as there will always be new dlc being released!....My first impression of the newly added character looks like Saika Magoichi,he has a fist sword as his default?Interesting....why is Shu getting a new character and in an empires game? IMO wu and the others especially Yuan Shu,He Jin should be added as playable generals,for wu if they added another character Zhu ran,dong xi,zhuge Jin or Han dang,it will be perfect for me..... hope that there will be more updates to announce 2 or 3 new characters as DW7:E is nearing its release date in sep!! ^_^
Offline Profile Goto Top

Nanar
Member Avatar
Right General
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
great! i'll have my hubby charge it from yesasia.com! :D
but i agree with SRS why Xu Shu?

why not jiang wan, liao hua, or fa zhang?
xu shu served in wei, but even in wei, he never actually served... um i think koei made an error here. or perhaps they are just making him for the empires game just to give fans a chance to play as Xu Shu??

in any case, i hope they have caw able to be leaders, unlike sw3e...
Edited by Nanar, May 31 2012, 05:28 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

YourClassicWeiYanFan
Member Avatar
Hello
[ *  *  *  * ]
At this point, I simply hope for the game to get confirmed for an overseas release? And i wonder if their sticking with pure jap dubs. Being completely American and in no way Asian I would prefer the English but I like the Japanese too. And its about the gameplay anyway.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Mr. Kamikaze
Member Avatar
God of War
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
well, im not going to say Xu Shu was the greatest choice. I still don't think we needed another Shu character and certainly not yet another strategist for Shu (though, someone before mentioned that Xu Shu was guiding Liu Bei before Liu Bei had Zhuge Liang. So, I suppose in that light it makes some sense).

However, I'm not totally torn up about it. Generally, I appreciate new characters in general. Yeah, i'm one of those people. Frankly he isn't the only one whose career was short lived. Pang Tong only has like...what, Chengdu and a brief little stint at Chibi (and that's if KOEI opts to give that to him at all). He manages to be useful, granted I don't know that his accomplishments can even be compared to Xu Shu whose defining moment was probably recommending someone better for Liu Bei (Zhuge Liang).

I think i'll continue to be slightly bothered by the fact that he is another Shu character, the strategist aspect is bother me less and less. But I will wait to see how worth it he was when I see what they do with him....which, granted, might not be for another year since Empires has never been a deeply story driven game (unless they opt for a story mode this time, which would be neat). Who knows, his role in the overall story might have him become an all time favorite...

If you don't bother to read the rest of it, i'll just add: I do still hpe for at least 1 new character for Wu, Wei, Jin (and others...but that doesnt seem likely)
Edited by Mr. Kamikaze, May 31 2012, 05:36 AM.
Online Profile Goto Top

YourClassicWeiYanFan
Member Avatar
Hello
[ *  *  *  * ]
Pang Tong did have a short career, yet hes always so positive, even when dying. Its that aspect of him that makes him my favorite. Well 2nd favorite.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Katatonia
Member Avatar
hehehehee

Executions need to be brought back, for sure. Those screens look pretty good. And the marriage system could be expanded upon, too. But yeah, I'm excited :)
Offline Profile Goto Top

SAMURAIWARRIOR 2010
Member Avatar
Sanada Yukimura knight
[ *  *  *  * ]
KatatonicOverdrive
May 31 2012, 05:43 AM
Executions need to be brought back, for sure. Those screens look pretty good. And the marriage system could be expanded upon, too. But yeah, I'm excited :)
:yes: agree but they need to let us have as many officers as we want in are force 12 or 14 slots is not going to cut it :hmmm: . :shifty: can't wait to see what nexts for this game sweet.
Online Profile Goto Top

LLSmoothJ
Member Avatar
Burn like his power! ...Wait, wrong franchise...
KatatonicOverdrive
I have to agree there. We need Executions in this game. Diaochan in DW6 Empires is more than enough reason to not only justify them, but require them.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Katatonia
Member Avatar
hehehehee

No kidding, I wanted to smack that ho after she ran off with my army. Lu Bu betrays me all the time, too. No wonder they're made for each other :rolleyes:
Offline Profile Goto Top

Saber
Member Avatar
#hashtag

LLSmoothJ
May 31 2012, 06:22 AM
KatatonicOverdrive
I have to agree there. We need Executions in this game. Diaochan in DW6 Empires is more than enough reason to not only justify them, but require them.
Definitely. But I think there should be some sort of cinematic sequence for the executions instead of "Quote, Slashed, Dead". Maybe not on the level of graphic reference, but there should be something more to it.

And I miss the unlimited Empire Mode time. I used to be able to level up most of the characters within a single playthrough of DW5: Empires (which took one week). And I miss actually retaining my stats after playing through Empire Mode. (I hate starting fresh)
Offline Profile Goto Top

Paragon of Light
Member Avatar
The Comeback King
Indeed. THe execution should be like the condemned being lead to the spot and then they share glances or words the main ruler one last time and it could spread tyranny which and shows that you could go one path or another.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Katatonia
Member Avatar
hehehehee

A cinematic where they collapse and die, instead of just slash, quote, die.
Offline Profile Goto Top

SnowMan
Member Avatar
Say my name, bitches!
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
You know what would be the most crushing blow for me at this point? If they localize the game but not dub it in English, because, "the fans liked WO3 in Japanese so that must mean they don't care about English dubs!"

That's actually my biggest fear about these games in general, even bigger than them getting localized at all.
Offline Profile Goto Top

2 users reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Archives · Next Topic »
Locked Topic

Composed & Designed by, ©KOEI Warriors, 2005-2014. All rights reserved.