Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to KOEI Warriors (Forum). We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls.

As a member you will also have access the exclusive Members Only Section where you will be privvy to a wide range of KOEI Warriors Renders, OSTs and Videos.
Registration is simple, fast, and completely free!

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features!

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Dynasty Warriors 8; For PS3 in 2013; New characters Yue Jin, Li Dian & more
Topic Started: Oct 30 2012, 04:01 PM (368,177 Views)
BlackKite
Member Avatar
長宗我部菜々

-Temporary info post-
(DW8 Info Topic will be made sometime after DW7E info sorting is complete)
真・三國無双7
Shin Sangokumusou 7
aka. Dynasty Warriors 8

Console: PlayStation 3
Release Date: Sometime in 2013 (JP)
Official Site: http://www.gamecity.ne.jp/smusou7/ (JP)

New Characters
Note: Seiyuu = Japanese VA. They are mostly consistent throughout the series unless there are major circumstances

Posted Image
樂進 (文謙)
Yue Jin (Wenqian)

General under Cao Cao. Despite having small body, he still had proved much to be recognized as one of Wei's Five Great Generals.
Weapon: Twin Hookswords
Seiyuu: Kentaro Ito (aka. Choji in Naruto, Renji in Bleach)

Posted Image
李典 (曼成)
Li Dian (Mancheng)

Wei general who is most famous for his calmness. He tried to warn Xiahou Dun for traps in Bowangpo, and managed to reconcile Zhang Liao & Yue Jin in Hefei.
Weapon: Wheel Halberd
Seiyuu: Kosuke Toriumi (aka. Kiba in Naruto, Captain Ash in Mobile Suit Gundam AGE)

Posted Image
魯肅 (子敬)
Lu Su (Zijing)
*NEW*

Wu advisor who succeeded Zhou Yu. He acted as ambassador to Shu during the Jing Province campaign. He was succeeded by Lu Meng afterwards.
Weapon: Rake/Hoe (not clear yet)
Seiyuu: Taitem Kusunoki (aka. Antonio "Rock Bison" Lopez in Tiger & Bunny)

More to be revealed at a later time

Revealed Returning Characters
EX Weapon clones are to be reduced as much as possible
Character's main weapons are basically based on their latest weapons in DW7 series. New decloned weapons will be bolded

趙雲 (子龍) Zhao Yun (Zilong) - Weapon: Dragon Spear
諸葛亮 (孔明) Zhuge Liang (Kongming) - Weapon: Feather Fan

曹操 (孟德) Cao Cao (Mengde) - New Weapon: General Sword
曹丕 (子桓) Cao Pi (Zihuan) - New Weapon: Double-Bladed Sword
夏侯惇 (元讓) Xiahou Dun (Yuanrang) - Weapon: Scimitar
夏侯淵 (妙才) Xiahou Yuan (Miaocai) - New Weapon: Rod Bow
典韋 Dian Wei - Weapon: Hand Axe
張遼 (文遠) Zhang Liao (Wenyuan) - Weapon: Twin Halberds
甄姫 Zhenji - Weapon: Flute

孫堅 (文台) Sun Jian (Wentai) - New Weapon: Nine-Ringed Blade *NEW*
孫尚香 Sun Shangxiang - Weapon: Chakrams
周瑜 (公瑾) Zhou Yu (Gongjin) - Weapon: Bo Staff
陸遜 (伯言) Lu Xun (Boyan) - New Weapon: Swallow Sword *NEW*
呂蒙 (子明) Lu Meng (Ziming) - Weapon: Pike *NEW*

There will be more than 70 characters appearing in total
(71-75 is most plausible)

Game Modes

Story Mode
Story Mode is still faction-oriented and has seamless cutscenes
The mode may have online co-op
Jin kingdom is still returning
DW8 will have more freedom in the stage's progress route, unlike DW7 which had a quite preset progress route
The stories are being rewritten from scratch
There will be also what-if stories that consist of certain generals living beyond their actual lifespans (eg. Guo Jia in Chi Bi)
There will be a selection of main characters to choose in some stages (eg. Wei's Hefei may have selection between Zhang Liao, Yue Jin or Li Dian) *NEW*

Free Mode
Free Mode is returning

There will be also another new game mode for the replay value

New Gameplay Systems
Weapon switch system from DW7 is returning
All DW7 weapon types up to DW7E will be returning along with more brand-new weapons
Weapons now have affinity which corresponds to the weapons the opponent is holding

Storm Rush
Activated if player's weapon has better affinity to opponent's weapon
Breaks enemy guard, allows more combo attack, and increases attack speed

Variable Counter
Activated if player's weapon has worse affinity to opponent's weapon
As the name suggests, it's a counter attack that will make weapon switch at the end

Both Storm Rush & Variable Counter will also blow away surrounding enemies
The gameplay is designed so that even casual gamers can also enjoy them, but expert players will also find them crucial on clearing high difficulty stages

Awakening
This system is reminiscent to DW5's Awakening Rage
Activated when certain requirements are met
During Awakening mode, the Musou gauge that is usually composed of multiple blocks will be unified into a single bar like past DW games
Stats are greatly increased, and Musou attack will be changed to Awakening Musou attack
When a lot of enemies are beaten with this Awakening Musou, it will evolve even further into True Awakening Musou
The merit of using Awakening Musou is that enemies beaten will drop better stat-up items

Weapon Seals are gone and replaced with a new Weapon Tempering system that will allow more weapon customization & collection *NEW*

Miscellaneous
The game system is mainly based on DW7, hence the quicker development cycle
DW8's concept is "Infinite Deepening" rather than "Evolution"
The most major difference from DW7 is renewed costumes
There will be a Very Easy setting dedicated for casual players which will have a specific control type designed to be able to unleash variety of combos with just a single button
Online play is said to be put more effort compared to past games
The Deferred Lighting technique is being used to draw the graphics here, which hopefully will reduce the jarring framerate drop from DW7 as much as possible

http://twitpic.com/b8sltk

Leak source is Jump Magazine

Shin Sangokumusou 7 aka. Dynasty Warriors 8 is confirmed

New character is Yue Jin for Wei

Console is PS3, Release date is sometime in 2013
Edited by BlackKite, Nov 21 2012, 07:15 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Greyjoy
Member Avatar
Ghost of Winterfell.
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
First. But hell yeah, about time. Glad to see Yue Jin in. Now to see what his moveset will be. And also glad, Zhao Yun is getting back some of his former look from DW5 and pre. Can anyone enlarge what is/are his weapons in these pics? It seems to be something golden or a glaive? I can't tell.

http://prntscr.com/ijpnc
Offline Profile Goto Top

Gaļania
Member Avatar
Hailstorm
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Zhao Yun has a look similar to his pre-DW6 design, wouldn't mind, still nice. Very pleased to see Yue Jin too. I wonder what are his weapons? Also, I bet that Yu Jin will be added to the roster too.

Anyway, so excited right now!
Online Profile Goto Top

Gai
Member Avatar
modern strange cowboy
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Zhao Yun looks beast! Like a mix of DW3 and DW6!

So excited!
Offline Profile Goto Top

Benzod
Member Avatar
Average Member Guy
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
YEEEEEEEEEESSSSS!!!!!!! *clears throat*

So it's official. Knew it, absolutely knew it. Not quite what I pictured for Yue Jin, but I suppose the younger "hero" archetype is something Wei are sort of lacking compared to the other kingdoms. No surprise on his actual inclusion though.

Awaiting further updates.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Gai
Member Avatar
modern strange cowboy
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Yue Jin looks a lot like Deng Ai.

Perhaps hell act like him too? :o
Offline Profile Goto Top

Gaļania
Member Avatar
Hailstorm
Honestly, it wasn't how I imagined Yue Jin, but it's still a good design. In fact, I imagined Yu Jin being like that instead. Still, it's now likely that the Wei 5 Generals are going to be finally complete!
Online Profile Goto Top

Ryoreiki
Member Avatar
Do not pursue.....
So it was DW8? Well, I guess I was wrong.

YAY! Yue Jin is in the game.

*Marks name off list*

That's another poll character off the list too, I believe. There has been plenty of Wei characters this time around. Even those not on the list (Wang Yi). If you count Jin, too, that still makes it more Wei.

1.Guo Jia
2.Yue Jin
3.Pang De
4.Xun Yu (Because of the CAW contest, he has even more of a chance)
5.Lu Su
6. Chen Gong
7.Xu Shu
8.Lu Kang
9.Yu Jin
10.Zhang Chunhua (Because of the CAW contest, she has even more of a chance)
11.Ma Yunlu

Honorable Mentions
Lu Lingqi (Lu Bu's Daughter)
Gao Shun
Guan Xing

Who's next?
Edited by Ryoreiki, Oct 30 2012, 04:59 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

BlackKite
Member Avatar
長宗我部菜々

Yeah you can check Yue Jin having a weapon in the Jump scan. The weapon type has 双 kanji on it so I'm sure it's a dual weapon, but I wonder.... Twin Sickles?

Anyway temporarily I'll be using the first post here as the information post, since I'll still be busy sorting information for DW7E. Once things on DW7E has calmed down after its release, I might then consider making a specific forum and info thread on DW8.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Benzod
Member Avatar
Average Member Guy
My initial thought on his face was a younger looking Xu Huang. His weapon is a little unclear though, looks like some sort of hooked blade or blades even, can't tell if its dual wielded or not.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Greyjoy
Member Avatar
Ghost of Winterfell.
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I agree, that is what I would've have Yu Jin as; a more younger character who is outgoing, and rather have Yue Jin as the buff kinda guy. Though I suppose this means Yu Jin has more chance to the story; and thereby, having his surrender would make Fan Castle MUCH more important, imo.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Gai
Member Avatar
modern strange cowboy
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I think hell probably get a mostly standard weapon. Would be silly for him to have something over the top flashy.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Gaļania
Member Avatar
Hailstorm
He seems to have the typical 'heros of Wei' design, you know, like Zhao Yun in Shu, so I'd not be surprised if there's a rivalry, somehow, between the 2. Are they the only characters to be shown in this Jump magazine, or there are more of them?
Online Profile Goto Top

Paragon of Light
Member Avatar
The Comeback King
Well with Xu Shu, Guo Jia, and Yu Jin added, that's three characters that can be crossed off that top 10 list but we shouldn't let ourselves to be too concerned with but hell it's always good to see a new face. Especially one of those who deserved to be in the series a long time ago.
Online Profile Goto Top

XiahouGeorgeDun
Member Avatar
General
[ *  *  *  * ]
I hope that Cao Zhang will be added
Offline Profile Goto Top

Wild Lion
Member Avatar
Okay, here we go, what're we doin?
Shotel swords perhaps?

Posted Image
Online Profile Goto Top

Greyjoy
Member Avatar
Ghost of Winterfell.
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Or wait, it seems I was wrong before. Checking the website, it still says one day left, it seems that the second silhouette wasn't Zhao Yun, and has yet to be revealed. Could possibly be Yu Jin since this marks the introduction of Yue Jin.
Offline Profile Goto Top

UpInMahBubble
Member Avatar
Bao's Knight
Where can I see this silhouette?
Online Profile Goto Top

QZW
Member Avatar
Feeling Excellent!!!
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
So DW8 it is then, just to clarify Yue Jin is the only one from the website silhouettes to be revealed right? And the other is still unknown? Yu Jin maybe?

So yea this logo looks exactly like the DW4 logo but with a 7 hopefully the soundtrack is similar to it and the atmosphere also, I wonder how much the graphics have changed, probably not much huh?

Edited by QZW, Oct 30 2012, 04:28 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Greyjoy
Member Avatar
Ghost of Winterfell.
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
http://www.gamecity.ne.jp/omegaforce/new/

The other silhouette will appear on the far left, after Yue Jin's appears. I'm betting it could be Yu Jin, since they always have been paired together, it would only make sense to have both of them there.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Lu-Jin
Member Avatar
General of Chu
[ *  *  *  * ]
so finally i was true (like a lot of us :) ) it's a good new, and Yue Jin, yep why not, i prefer to see Cao Hong coming but it's a good one too
Offline Profile Goto Top

Gaļania
Member Avatar
Hailstorm
Yue Jin's definitely the first silhouette, yes. But now, about the second one... we still don't know, but it's not Zhao Yun, as he doesn't have spiky hair. So, perhaps Yu Jin there?
Online Profile Goto Top

Pandemonium
Member Avatar
LA DECIMA!!
[ *  *  *  * ]
I think it's just rumors. DW7 Empires isn't out yet, so I think it's to early to talk about DW8. Plus, PS4 will probably be released at the end of 2013, so I don't think that KOEI will release this game on the PS3
Offline Profile Goto Top

Mo Hae
Member Avatar
Everything is Debatable <3
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Zhao Yun looks great, so does Yue Jin! I cant believe its DW8, I cant wait for this. Now I really want to play all of my DW games because of this. :D
Offline Profile Goto Top

Gaļania
Member Avatar
Hailstorm
Pandemonium
Oct 30 2012, 04:29 PM
I think it's just rumors. DW7 Empires isn't out yet, so I think it's to early to talk about DW8. Plus, PS4 will probably be released at the end of 2013, so I don't think that KOEI will release this game on the PS3
Check this my friend. :hehe: We've DW8!

Posted Image
Online Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Archives · Next Topic »
Locked Topic

Composed & Designed by, ©KOEI Warriors, 2005-2014. All rights reserved.