Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to KOEI Warriors (Forum). We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls.

As a member you will also have access the exclusive Members Only Section where you will be privvy to a wide range of KOEI Warriors Renders, OSTs and Videos.
Registration is simple, fast, and completely free!

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features!

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Dynasty Warriors 8; For PS3 in 2013; New characters Yue Jin, Li Dian & more
Topic Started: Oct 30 2012, 04:01 PM (371,631 Views)
ReinaBlaka
Member Avatar
Han's Unifier
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
My god, the posts on this thread are increasing so fast! :crazy:

Anyways, I read the leak that was posted a while back (http://tieba.baidu.com/p/1781359751) and found the following info:

The poster "Half-immortal Bao Sanniang" said that he/she found the info accidentally. He/she said that while he/she was buying Warriors games at a store, the store clerk told him/her that a KOEI technician had came and told the leaked information.

Aside from talking about the leaked list that we all know by now, "Half-immortal Bao Sanniang" revealed that

1. Cao Pi was going to have short hair. :OMG:
2. The designs of Li Dian (already unveiled), Guan Xing and Zhang Bao were going to look like "little kids". (Since we already have Dian I guess that means they're all going to be young males :hmmm: )
3. Wen Yang's design was handsome. (This has to be his/her opinion)

He/she also commented on the addition of Zhang Chunhua. Obviously he/she was very excited and even went on to say that Zhang Chunhua might change the entire series (since she is the first mother character with her children playable).

This is as far as I can translate.

Off Topic: Obama won! I got that news in school and I was very glad about it. It's good to know that he'll be around for another term instead of that badmouthing Republican :D Of course, dead Chinese people are WAY awesomer lol :lol:
Offline Profile Goto Top

QZW
Member Avatar
Feeling Excellent!!!
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I know this is way off the current topic, but would it possible to have Wen Yang show up in later Wei's and Wu's(if they go this far with them) stories when he served them, or will he just be in Wei and Jin or just Jin? I was thinking it would be kind of interesting to have him pop up in different places and he leaves when he is sure of kingdom he serves is going to fall, kind of like a foreshadowing character or something.

Edit: I guess Chunhua is good after if she is in, hopefully this would mean that Lady Wu gets added in the future, since she is also a mother to very important characters and in my opinion a much better add.
Edited by QZW, Nov 7 2012, 10:44 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

BlackKite
Member Avatar
長宗我部菜々

Faichaimond
Nov 7 2012, 10:33 AM
BlackKite
Nov 7 2012, 07:42 AM
Alt-Dengeki

PS3「真・三國無双7」
 「曹丕」(神奈延年)、「甄姫」(住友優子)、「夏候淵」(徳山靖彦)が新たに紹介されている。
Oh, seems like the 3 new returning people were introduced in Dengeki rather than Famitsu, so I don't know if the usual scanner will be able to get that magazine too or not since he usually gets Famitsu more... :/

In any case Dengeki is also officially published on Thursdays, so perhaps the official site will be updated too tomorrow.
Well, this guy here claims to have the scans ready. The mag in the center is Dengeki right?
Assassin Creed 3 cover... yep, that's definitely this Dengeki issue. :)

Posted Image

>鞭せん弓って武器は
>矢に変形する特殊な鞭  (矢じゃなくて由美のまちがい?
>殴るのも射撃もできる

So Xiahou Yuan's weapon is a whip/cane/rod that can transform to a retractable bow
Edited by BlackKite, Nov 7 2012, 10:44 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

QZW
Member Avatar
Feeling Excellent!!!
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
BlackKite
Nov 7 2012, 10:43 AM
Faichaimond
BlackKite
Alt-Dengeki

PS3「真・三國無双7」
Oh, seems like the 3 new returning people were introduced in Dengeki rather than Famitsu, so I don't know if the usual scanner will be able to get that magazine too or not since he usually gets Famitsu more... :/

In any case Dengeki is also officially published on Thursdays, so perhaps the official site will be updated too tomorrow.
Well, this guy here claims to have the scans ready. The mag in the center is Dengeki right?

http://www.dotup.org/uploda/www.dotup.org3594765.jpg

>鞭せん弓って武器は
>殴るのも射撃もできる

So Xiahou Yuan's weapon is a whip/cane/rod that can transform to a retractable bow
So going by that pic, the leaks are indeed true.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Wild Lion
Member Avatar
The Wild Man of Borneo
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Is that a unique peon skin I see?
Offline Profile Goto Top

Ixbran
Member Avatar
Legend
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
BlackKite
Faichaimond
BlackKite
Alt-Dengeki

PS3「真・三國無双7」

http://www.dotup.org/uploda/www.dotup.org3594765.jpg

>鞭せん弓って武器は
>殴るのも射撃もできる

kinky

ALSO WOOOT, looks like the leaked concept art of Zhenji was true!

: D
Offline Profile Goto Top

SazukeEX
Member Avatar
Behold Sun Shi! The Fiery Tiger Cub of Sun Ce, Lu Xun's Tigress, and the Mother Tiger of Lu Kang!
Wait what? Wen Yang is handsome? Yes! They're going to play off his role as Jin's Zhao Yun!

Come at Wen Yang you fangirls and fanguys that are into guys! Wen Yang wants all of your love! Mwa...Mwa...MWAHAHAHAHAHA~!

As for him showing up? Well, Wei ends before Jin starts so most likely he will not appear at all in the Wei story since he was only 18 when he fought Sima Shi. As for Wu? Well, they don't seem to be doing Late Wu for this entry so most likely he wont appear in Wu either outside the Jin stages as an enemy before he defects.
Edited by SazukeEX, Nov 7 2012, 10:48 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Sum Gai
Member Avatar
Han's Unifier
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
BlackKite
Faichaimond
BlackKite
Alt-Dengeki

PS3「真・三國無双7」

Posted Image

>鞭せん弓って武器は
>殴るのも射撃もできる

Wow, a transformable weapon eh? Kinda reminds me of Jayce from League of Legends.

Also I suppose once we look at Cao Pi and see if he has short hair, we can pretty much determine the authenticity of the leak.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Saber
Member Avatar
#hashtag

ReinaBlaka
Nov 7 2012, 10:40 AM
2. The designs of Li Dian (already unveiled), Guan Xing and Zhang Bao were going to look like "little kids". (Since we already have Dian I guess that means they're all going to be young males :hmmm: )

He/she also commented on the addition of Zhang Chunhua. Obviously he/she was very excited and even went on to say that Zhang Chunhua might change the entire series (since she is the first mother character with her children playable).
Cao Pi did have short hair in DW6, so I wouldn't be surprised. I liked it. And since Guan Ping, Guan Suo and Xing Cai all look like teenagers anyway, I'm not surprised that Guan Xing and Zhang Bao would follow suit as well.

I'm particularly curious about the inclusion of Chuanhua in this game. Would she be one of those smothering, caring characters to serve as a contrast to Sima Yi, or would she be just as cruel and be a fierce mother?
Offline Profile Goto Top

BlackKite
Member Avatar
長宗我部菜々

Posted Image

If Xiahou Miaocai's scan is also up this post will be edited
Edited by BlackKite, Nov 7 2012, 10:54 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Catallena
Member Avatar
OCTOPUSSY
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
ReinaBlaka
Nov 7 2012, 10:40 AM
My god, the posts on this thread are increasing so fast! :crazy:

Anyways, I read the leak that was posted a while back (http://tieba.baidu.com/p/1781359751) and found the following info:

The poster "Half-immortal Bao Sanniang" said that he/she found the info accidentally. He/she said that while he/she was buying Warriors games at a store, the store clerk told him/her that a KOEI technician had came and told the leaked information.

Aside from talking about the leaked list that we all know by now, "Half-immortal Bao Sanniang" revealed that

This is as far as I can translate.

Off Topic: Obama won! I got that news in school and I was very glad about it. It's good to know that he'll be around for another term instead of that badmouthing Republican :D Of course, dead Chinese people are WAY awesomer lol :lol:
Thank you for the translation ^_^

I guess this just cements the fact that I won't be touching Guan Xing and Zhang Bao; not even with a 10-foot pole. :whistle:

And thank you to Faichaimond and BK yet again :D

Edit: Cao Pi looks like a European sailor...

Guess the Western influence is true. Darn it. :XD
Edited by Catallena, Nov 7 2012, 10:54 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

SazukeEX
Member Avatar
Behold Sun Shi! The Fiery Tiger Cub of Sun Ce, Lu Xun's Tigress, and the Mother Tiger of Lu Kang!
Why does Cao Pi have a little cape? O_o Or is that a part of his scarf?
Offline Profile Goto Top

Ixbran
Member Avatar
Legend
BlackKite
Nov 7 2012, 10:47 AM
Posted Image

If Xiahou Miaocai's scan is also up this post will be edited
Good to see you with your old weapon back Pi!

:wub:
Offline Profile Goto Top

Wild Lion
Member Avatar
The Wild Man of Borneo
I think I see Yuan's bow over there to the left
Offline Profile Goto Top

Faichaimond
Member Avatar
Passer-by
[ *  *  *  * ]
ZeeZeeGoo
Nov 7 2012, 02:23 AM
35系列的所有武器,纯粹个人看法来自真三国无双吧
回复 昨天23:49
发表回复贴
记得看过一个历史智者日本知名度排行,猪哥第4
回复(145)

Faichaimond... where are you...we needs a Mandarin translator
Mehh it's nothing much.

35 is actually an abbreviation for Dynasty Warriors there. We call the game 真三国无双 (Zhen SanGuo WuShuang) in which the 'San' and the 'Wu' (which sounds like 3 and 5 in Mandarin Chinese) were used as abbreviations.

'All the weapons in the DW series, purely from my own view is from the DW series' (I dunno what the person is trying to convey though)

Remember seeing a well-known rating list of some sort in Japan, Zhuge Liang is at number 4.

not related to post: Great! Scans are up!
Offline Profile Goto Top

ReinaBlaka
Member Avatar
Han's Unifier
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Sum Gai
Nov 7 2012, 10:46 AM
BlackKite
Faichaimond
BlackKite
Alt-Dengeki

PS3「真・三國無双7」

Posted Image

>鞭せん|って武器は
>殴るのも射撃もできる

Wow, a transformable weapon eh? Kinda reminds me of Jayce from League of Legends.

Also I suppose once we look at Cao Pi and see if he has short hair, we can pretty much determine the authenticity of the leak.
Oooooh looks like Zhen Ji's leaked design was true after all!! :OMG:

In that case I have a right to believe that the rest of the leaked list is real. Things are starting to get interesting~ :shifty:

...Xiahou Yuan's weapon is a rod with a retractable bow? My, my. We're getting a lot of advanced technology here. Talk about having something close to steampunk...

And, looking at the Zhen Ji screenshot:

EPIC FAIL FOR THE PEON LOLOLOLOLOL :lol:
Offline Profile Goto Top

BlackKite
Member Avatar
長宗我部菜々

Posted Image

鞭箭弓:弓に変形する鉄鞭、鉄鞭状態のチャージから射撃に派生
An iron rod that can transform into bow... so I'll be calling it Rod Bow for the time being. :ph43r:
Offline Profile Goto Top

Astus

I do like how Cao Pi looks, aside from that scarf thing. Although this does make me hope that they include the costumes from DW7 in the game as I did prefer that one. Seeing how KOEI has been doing things lately, it's more safe to assume that they will probably release them as DLC. Still, I'm very pleased to hear that he's getting the conjoined swords back. Feels right.

I'm definitely digging Yuan's look and am keen to hear more about his weapon. It definitely sounds interesting enough.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Catallena
Member Avatar
OCTOPUSSY
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Xiahou Yuan's helmet looks so photoshopped :XD . But I'm glad his outfit has the asian feel. :)

I'm really looking forward to his weapon. Sounds creative ^_^
Edited by Catallena, Nov 7 2012, 10:58 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Artorias
Member Avatar
You just got Thresh'd.
[ *  *  *  * ]
OMG. Pi looks very handsome (as always). And he is getting his old weapon back? :woot: If he does, that's great. :heart:

And Yuan looks so cute. :heart: Can't wait to try the new weapon. :ph43r:
Offline Profile Goto Top

Wild Lion
Member Avatar
The Wild Man of Borneo
It looks like the older characters are sticking to traditional garb, while the new generation is going to be more Westernized
Offline Profile Goto Top

Saber
Member Avatar
#hashtag

Astus
Nov 7 2012, 10:54 AM
I do like how Cao Pi looks, aside from that scarf thing. Although this does make me hope that they include the costumes from DW7 in the game as I did prefer that one. Seeing how KOEI has been doing things lately, it's more safe to assume that they will probably release them as DLC...

I'm definitely digging Yuan's look and am keen to hear more about his weapon. It definitely sounds interesting enough.
It's glad to see some variation for Bow movesets, and I definitely like how they're not making Xiahou Yuan another Huang Zhong clone. Yueying's Bladebow was a fantastic weapon as it showed off something original and creative, but too bad it wasn't brought back as with many other DW6 weapons. It's nice to see something at least similar.

Cao Pi's design looks good, and with that, the reliability of the leaks definitely stands.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Ixbran
Member Avatar
Legend
Ehhhhhhhhh Yuan, what did they do to you ... you look so ... generic and unoriginal ...

looks like ill have to stick with his DW6 design as an alternate costume ... again ...
Offline Profile Goto Top

Skode
Member Avatar
King of KW
Cao Pi looks like his usual miserable moody self with his old short hair and weapon back.... bravo Koei bravo, i wouldnt have the man anyway else. Loving the outfit too. Lui Bei should be the only Twin Swords man in this game i shoud hope.

As for Zhen Ji im happy the concept was proven true... first because it makes her fit as... well yeah really fit and secondly it means at least we know where we stand with our already more of less accepted leaker from china who gave us the new character list. Her getting the flute isnt even worth mentioning - it was always gonna be the case.

Anyway game isnt even half done yet theyve already thrown not one, two, three or four movesets but FIVE.

Double Edged Sword
Commander Sword
Whip Bow
Hooked Swords
Wheel Halberd.

If they can grind out great new movesets this fast then there should be NO clones... im so happy im almost in tears, its been years arguably a decade but finally i can play a DW8 game where every character is unique.... weird it took them till over 70 playable characters to do it though.
Offline Profile Goto Top

SazukeEX
Member Avatar
With the Guan family apparantly being filled out in this does anyone think that the next big family for addition cries will be the Xiahou? You know, next to the Cao family addition cries?

Black Lion
Nov 7 2012, 11:00 AM
It looks like the older characters are sticking to traditional garb, while the new generation is going to be more Westernized
Maybe it's to better represent the generation gab between the old and the new? After all Jin in DW7 was them calling the old generation a bunch of fools and that they didn't start this war but they're going to end it.
Edited by BlackKite, Nov 7 2012, 11:07 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Archives · Next Topic »
Locked Topic

Composed & Designed by, ゥKOEI Warriors, 2005-2014. All rights reserved.