Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to KOEI Warriors (Forum). We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls.

As a member you will also have access the exclusive Members Only Section where you will be privvy to a wide range of KOEI Warriors Renders, OSTs and Videos.
Registration is simple, fast, and completely free!

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features!

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Dynasty Warriors 8; For PS3 in 2013; New characters Yue Jin, Li Dian & more
Topic Started: Oct 30 2012, 04:01 PM (371,741 Views)
garnix
Member Avatar
Supreme Warrior-Scholar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
TrevorxTravesty
Nov 7 2012, 09:52 PM
AntonKutovoi
Nov 7 2012, 09:47 PM
TrevorxTravesty
Nov 7 2012, 09:46 PM
AntonKutovoi
Nov 7 2012, 09:45 PM
TrevorxTravesty
Nov 7 2012, 09:43 PM
I'm hoping that they give Zhu Rong back her boomerang, and Cao Ren his buckler blade as well. It seems like they're already de-cloning characters, but we haven't really seen what everyone else will be getting, so it's too soon to tell.
Both Cao Ren and Zhurong already got their weapons back :D
Those were only DLC weapons in 7, though. I'm saying them getting those as default weapons this time around.
It is their default weapons in Empires
Oh! I didn't know since I haven't seen DW7:E gameplay vids yet >.< I've been out of the loop for a while, so you'll have to forgive me. Speaking of Dynasty Warriors 8...

Do you think all the characters from Dynasty Warriors 7: XL (Guo Jia, Pang De, Wang Yi) will be returning as well as Xu Shu?
Koei said there will be not cut characters.
So yes, all of them will be in.
And it seems Zuo Ci will be returning as well.
Offline Profile Goto Top

MCG
Member Avatar
-
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
With more 'Other's' :2up: ..... (maybe).
Offline Profile Goto Top

TrevorxTravesty
Member Avatar
天下布武
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
garnix
Nov 7 2012, 09:58 PM
TrevorxTravesty
Nov 7 2012, 09:52 PM
AntonKutovoi
Nov 7 2012, 09:47 PM
TrevorxTravesty
Nov 7 2012, 09:46 PM
AntonKutovoi
Nov 7 2012, 09:45 PM

Quoting limited to 5 levels deep
Those were only DLC weapons in 7, though. I'm saying them getting those as default weapons this time around.
It is their default weapons in Empires
Oh! I didn't know since I haven't seen DW7:E gameplay vids yet >.< I've been out of the loop for a while, so you'll have to forgive me. Speaking of Dynasty Warriors 8...

Do you think all the characters from Dynasty Warriors 7: XL (Guo Jia, Pang De, Wang Yi) will be returning as well as Xu Shu?
Koei said there will be not cut characters.
So yes, all of them will be in.
And it seems Zuo Ci will be returning as well.
Oh, wow! That is certainly great news :D! And the Great Crane Sage is returning? Well, he'd better have his card set again if he does! Oh, and someone said earlier that the leaks were already confirmed? How do we know that's true if the game isn't even close to being finished yet?
Offline Profile Goto Top

Wild Lion
Member Avatar
The Wild Man of Borneo
Because everything that has been confirmed was accurately in the leaks so far, and Koei themselves have asked the forum to stop leaking that info
Edited by Wild Lion, Nov 7 2012, 10:02 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

UpInMahBubble
Member Avatar
Bao's Knight
Zhen looks so beautiful. I'm assuming this leak is becoming more credible though.
Online Profile Goto Top

garnix
Member Avatar
Supreme Warrior-Scholar
Just to let you know, 'cause it seems you missed some leaks :
Artworks of Zhen Ji & Cao Pi were leaked a few monthes ago.
And they really match the real design of the two characters.
So the leaked characters list seems quite possible now.

In case you missed it, the list is as follows :
Wei : Li Dian & Yue Jin
Wu : Lu Su & Han Dang
Shu : Guan Xing, Zhang Bao & Guan Yinping
Jin : Jia Chong, Wen Yang & Zhang Chunhua
Others : Zuo Ci & more.
And at least two more characters in XL.

And who knows...maybe even more !
Offline Profile Goto Top

Li_An_Di
Member Avatar
I'm heading up in the world!
Wasn't the person who revealed the character leaks and the one who said Zuo Ci was returning/that sun quan had a serrated blade two different people? I thought the character list (Lu Su, Wen Yang etc) was confirmed but not the Zuo Ci one? Thought I'd ask just in case as I'm not sure and got a bit confused ><
Edited by Li_An_Di, Nov 7 2012, 10:06 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

MCG
Member Avatar
-
Both of the leakers said Zuo Ci after the other said it other backed 'em up.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Li_An_Di
Member Avatar
Oh awesome, thanks for clearing that up Chen Gong! :D Glad to hear that he'll be coming back; especially with his cards ^_^
Offline Profile Goto Top

TrevorxTravesty
Member Avatar
天下布武
I wonder where these leakers are getting their info. Perhaps they're somehow close to Tecmo-Koei? It seems nowadays the rosters of games are getting leaked way before they're released. Oh, Age of Technology...

I hope this game has Dynasty Warriors 4 stage layout, where you play as a certain kingdom but you choose the progression of it and choose the character you want to use. OH, and I also hope that those interchangeable cutscenes from 4 return as well. I don't think they will, though.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Li_An_Di
Member Avatar
TrevorxTravesty
Nov 7 2012, 10:15 PM
I wonder where these leakers are getting their info. Perhaps they're somehow close to Tecmo-Koei? It seems nowadays the rosters of games are getting leaked way before they're released. Oh, Age of Technology...

I hope this game has Dynasty Warriors 4 stage layout, where you play as a certain kingdom but you choose the progression of it and choose the character you want to use. OH, and I also hope that those interchangeable cutscenes from 4 return as well. I don't think they will, though.
Story mode allows you to pick one of a number of characters for a stage like DW5XL legend mode, so for Hei Fei you can choose between Zhang Liao, Yue Jin and Li Dian. There are also what if stages in between. So sort of DW4ish style. There might be some progression to it as well, if you play as such and such a character you might unlock a different path and battle but not sure on that.
Offline Profile Goto Top

TrevorxTravesty
Member Avatar
天下布武
Li_An_Di
Nov 7 2012, 10:17 PM
TrevorxTravesty
Nov 7 2012, 10:15 PM

Story mode allows you to pick one of a number of characters for a stage like DW5XL legend mode, so for Hei Fei you can choose between Zhang Liao, Yue Jin and Li Dian. There are also what if stages in between. So sort of DW4ish style. There might be some progression to it as well, if you play as such and such a character you might unlock a different path and battle but not sure on that.
Ah! And you'd see the selected characters perspective on the stage as well. I like the sound of that, since it changes things up a bit.
Offline Profile Goto Top

MCG
Member Avatar
-
Has anybody considered that maybe Zuo Ci with be in Wei for this game :unsure: ?
Offline Profile Goto Top

Terrorcons45
Member Avatar
Cobra Commander
[ *  *  *  * ]
BlackKite
Nov 7 2012, 10:43 AM
Faichaimond
Nov 7 2012, 10:33 AM
BlackKite
Nov 7 2012, 07:42 AM
Alt-Dengeki

PS3「真・三國無双7」
 「曹丕」(神奈延年)、「甄姫」(住友優子)、「夏候淵」(徳山靖彦)が新たに紹介されている。
Oh, seems like the 3 new returning people were introduced in Dengeki rather than Famitsu, so I don't know if the usual scanner will be able to get that magazine too or not since he usually gets Famitsu more... :/

In any case Dengeki is also officially published on Thursdays, so perhaps the official site will be updated too tomorrow.
Well, this guy here claims to have the scans ready. The mag in the center is Dengeki right?
Assassin Creed 3 cover... yep, that's definitely this Dengeki issue. :)

Posted Image

>鞭せん|って武器は
>矢に変形する特殊な鞭  (矢じゃなくて由美のまちがい?
>殴るのも射撃もできる

So Xiahou Yuan's weapon is a whip/cane/rod that can transform to a retractable bow
Thanks BlackKite for the scans and Faichaimond for the info on the Leakers. Zhenji :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: Beautiful Best outfit hope her 2nd outfit is not colour change. Also is that a new EX attack for Zhenji :OMG: Man that has to hurt reminds me of Dong Zhuo EX attack it going to be a Massacre :ph43r: . So happy about Cao Pi DW5 returning.

Oh BlackKite any news on the extra info on @smusou7 I heard we have reached the 3,777 mark, Will it be tomorrow on DW8 main site?

I don't mind if Guan Xing and Zhang Bao get their father's weapons but I would like different weapon skins and movesets.
Edited by Terrorcons45, Nov 7 2012, 10:45 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Syntax
Member Avatar
Super Sexy Fists of Fire!
[ *  *  *  * ]
Hmm, that's a point actually. What if they decide to go with the historical account for Zuo Ci, where he lives to around 300 AD and served Wei?

That would be... different I suppose, but I doubt they'll do it.
Edited by Syntax, Nov 7 2012, 10:38 PM.
Online Profile Goto Top

MCG
Member Avatar
-
Syntax
Nov 7 2012, 10:38 PM
Hmm, that's a point actually. What if they decide to go with the historical account for Zuo Ci, where he lives to around 300 AD and served Wei?

That would be... different I suppose, but I doubt they'll do it.
Even in the fictional acoount he stayed with Cao Cao for a time, personally I believe he'll keep his grey attire which I hope is white now that Lu Bu is black and no longer white palette. Zuo Ci's alt will likely be Blue.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Reverie
Member Avatar
Realist
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
These reveals are nice, but I'm really focusing and a bit worried about Story mode, I hope it's like someone said, you get to pick generals that were in that stage and etc. I'm glad they have free mode, but I hope they don't limit the story mode like DW7.

Also I really forgot how to change my avi and sig, any one mind PMing me a website or something?
Offline Profile Goto Top

Li_An_Di
Member Avatar
It was confirmed today that the story mode you can pick numerous characters per stage depending on the stage. And the what if missions were confirmed last week. So no need to worry :) Like the example blackite gave 'Hei Fei you can choose between Zhang Liao, Yue Jin or Li Dian'
Edited by Li_An_Di, Nov 7 2012, 10:49 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Ryuken
Member Avatar
Last Survivor of Azai Clan
garnix
Nov 7 2012, 10:05 PM
Just to let you know, 'cause it seems you missed some leaks :
Artworks of Zhen Ji & Cao Pi were leaked a few monthes ago.
And they really match the real design of the two characters.
So the leaked characters list seems quite possible now.

In case you missed it, the list is as follows :
Wei : Li Dian & Yue Jin
Wu : Lu Su & Han Dang
Shu : Guan Xing, Zhang Bao & Guan Yinping
Jin : Jia Chong, Wen Yang & Zhang Chunhua
Others : Zuo Ci & more.
And at least two more characters in XL.

And who knows...maybe even more !
Good to know, and thanks for the info.

I have something to say about characters.
Wei: Both generals sound about right because of He Fei.
Wu: Not sure about Han Dang, but Lu Su sound reasonable because the gap between Zhou Yu and Lu Meng
Shu: Guan Yinping.... I'm not sure if she have a history beside Sun Quan-Guan Yu argument... I perfer Ma Yunlu, but she doesn't have much history either.
Jin: I was hoping of Sima Jin Sima Yan to unify the three kingdoms, but Wen Yang makes it up.
Others: Not sure...yet
Edited by Ryuken, Nov 7 2012, 11:03 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

NigelCollins24
Member Avatar
San Zang's Knight
I can picture Zuo Ci's outfit, he has an Taoist outfit but his facial feature should be something similar to his DW5 and koei hould change his moveset and give him another EX weapon.
Offline Profile Goto Top

MCG
Member Avatar
-
Sun Long
Nov 7 2012, 10:51 PM
Wu: Not sure about Han Dang, but Lu Su sound reasonable because the gap between Zhou Yu and Lu Meng
Shu: Guan Yinping.... I'm not sure if she have a history beside Sun Quan-Guan Yu argument... I perfer Ma Yunlu, but she doesn't have much history either.
Jin: I was hoping of Sima Jin to unify the three kingdoms, but Wen Yang makes it up.
Han Dang is for inevitable Cheng Pu add in XL I personally believe, also has connections to early period and saves Huang Gai's life. Participates in many battles. It's a marketing scheme. Guan Yinping I can imagine with a naginata probably done to simply tie up the Guan family and 'another', later-Shu female officer :wacko: . And, it's Sima Yan not Sima Jin ;) .
Offline Profile Goto Top

garnix
Member Avatar
Supreme Warrior-Scholar
NigelCollins24
Nov 7 2012, 10:54 PM
I can picture Zuo Ci's outfit, he has an Taoist outfit but his facial feature should be something similar to his DW5 and koei hould change his moveset and give him another EX weapon.
The leaker said Zuo Ci's weapon is a card deck.
But again, it's just a leak.

At the moment, we already have 5 new EX weapons announced in DW8.
So we reached 60 weapon types (55 weapons in DW7E + 5) , for 68 characters at the moment. (66 returning from DW7 + Li Dian & Yue Jin)
Offline Profile Goto Top

Ryuken
Member Avatar
Last Survivor of Azai Clan
Master Chen Gong
Nov 7 2012, 10:58 PM
Sun Long
Nov 7 2012, 10:51 PM
Jin: I was hoping of Sima Jin to unify the three kingdoms, but Wen Yang makes it up.
Han Dang is for inevitable Cheng Pu add in XL I personally believe, also has connections to early period and saves Huang Gai's life. Participates in many battles. It's a marketing scheme. Guan Yinping I can imagine with a naginata probably done to simply tie up the Guan family and 'another', later-Shu female officer :wacko: . And, it's Sima Yan not Sima Jin ;) .
Ah, right. I misspell his name. Thanks.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Reverie
Member Avatar
Realist
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Li_An_Di
Nov 7 2012, 10:48 PM
It was confirmed today that the story mode you can pick numerous characters per stage depending on the stage. And the what if missions were confirmed last week. So no need to worry :) Like the example blackite gave 'Hei Fei you can choose between Zhang Liao, Yue Jin or Li Dian'
Thank you for the post.

Oh well I be damn, no worries :2up:

Now I'm hyped a bit more for the game, gotta see if there are many clones, however because I see a lot of characters getting unique weapons, I doubt it will be.

2 post aboves makes me even more hyped lol.
Edited by Reverie, Nov 7 2012, 11:08 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Hero of Chaos
Member Avatar
魏王
The problem I see with Lu Su is that the gap he is supposed to fill in Wu's story is... well, quite short and not fleshed out enough.
They usually have Chibi and Nanjun and then... pretty much nothing until Hefei, which is in 215. And Lu Su dies two years later. They'd have to expand the Jingzhou conflict for him. Or they'll just toss him as a playable choice in a few battles like it's probably going to happen with Li Dian (though he gets his time to shine in Hefei).
Online Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Archives · Next Topic »
Locked Topic

Composed & Designed by, ゥKOEI Warriors, 2005-2014. All rights reserved.