Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to KOEI Warriors (Forum). We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls.

As a member you will also have access the exclusive Members Only Section where you will be privvy to a wide range of KOEI Warriors Renders, OSTs and Videos.
Registration is simple, fast, and completely free!

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features!

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Dynasty Warriors 8 [V2]; Info Thread is available; 28th Feb JP Release
Topic Started: Nov 21 2012, 12:35 PM (339,644 Views)
Wild Lion
Member Avatar
Anyone wants to test the king, it ain't no thing just step in the ring
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Chen Gong's personality in 6 stole the show in Lu Bu's story. Even though he was a generic model, it shows that fans appreciate a great character for more than just a costume design. I especially liked the scene where he's casually ducking under Lu Bu's halberd while trying to hold a conversation with him.

But I also want Lu Lingqi if it lets us see a more human and softer side to her father
Edited by Wild Lion, Nov 23 2012, 03:33 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Wei-Yan
Member Avatar
Rebellious Wei-Yan
seriously a love triangle thats sick they were more like Zhuge lapdogs he did after all call Xing and Bao the left and right arms of himself :XD
Online Profile Goto Top

Mar10Du
Member Avatar
First Lieutenant
[ *  *  * ]
Cao Hong 14
Nov 23 2012, 12:29 AM
I don't really like the idea of Lu Lingqi personally. I just don't feel Lu Bu should have a daughter for some reason. If there is going to be a new girl for Others then I'd rather have Dong Bai, someone who actually stays loyal to Dong Zhuo. Speaking of new girls for Others I wish Lianshi hadn't become playable and instead they had used Yuanshi, wife of Sun Quan and daughter of Yuan Shu. That could have provided Yuan Shu with another close and interesting relationship which he would desperately need if he was added and highlighted how close Yuan Shu was with the Sun family. It at least would have been more than Lianshi has to offer IMO.

If Guan Yinping is added I don't want her to be like another Xingcai. I'd rather her look like this and be more lady like and elegant.
Spoiler: click to toggle
I want her to be like the chick with halberd from soul caliber... Fight like that but with class lol

Plus I think mrs sima yi should be like a cold person but with a hatefully sweet demeanor like Umbridge from Harry potter... Ya know someone ya just love to hate...
Edited by Mar10Du, Nov 23 2012, 03:32 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

MCG
Member Avatar
-
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Xalfrea
Nov 23 2012, 03:24 AM
But still, why is it only now that Chen Gong has been added? Makes things more suspicious. That's like if all of a sudden, Yuan Shu would be on the list. Seems like they're adding people to the list just to get more people excited.
I don't think so, I find Chen Gong as a solo Other add somewhat realistic. I mean it's been years since an 'Other' was added and he makes sense really, if it was Yan Liang or Wen Chou I'd find it even crazier. Chen Gong has performed well in every poll he can, and even if it proves not to be true I beileve there's an element of truth.
Edited by MCG, Nov 23 2012, 03:33 AM.
Online Profile Goto Top

Wei-Yan
Member Avatar
Rebellious Wei-Yan
she could have it another way unlike Guan Ping and Guan Suo who want to be like there father Guan Xing might wanna surpass him or something and She well just wants to make a name for herself away from the Guan Name like in kessen 1 Yasumasa Sakakibara says after he wins a duel can't remember the exact saying but its something like there are more warriors then Tadakatsu and Naomasa.

if u know what i mean thats good
Online Profile Goto Top

Catallena
Member Avatar
OCTOPUSSY
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Xalfrea
But still, why is it only now that Chen Gong has been added? Makes things more suspicious. That's like if all of a sudden, Yuan Shu would be on the list. Seems like they're adding people to the list just to get more people excited.
Daikyo saw that the people on those forums kept adding him to those among the "leaked" roster so yeah. We might not have been aware until recently but you never know about the other forum haha.
Offline Profile Goto Top

ES13
Member Avatar
Elite Soldier
[ *  * ]
Chen Gong would be a very worthy other add. He not only adds depth to Lu Bu's faction, but he would easily have some good interactions with Cao Cao.

After all the generals who end up joining Cao Cao since they see his potential to bring China together, it'd be a great contrast to see Chen Gong, the man who leaves Cao Cao after seeing his potential to rip China apart.

...I can't really say that Yuan Shao's generals or Hua Xiong add nearly as much though. Unless Koei really wants to big Guan Yu up even more.

Yuan Shu IS worth an add. But I don't really know who else really adds much to the OTHERS faction. Aside from Zuo Ci.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Wei-Yan
Member Avatar
Rebellious Wei-Yan
to be honest i never knew why zhu ci was added in the first place although he ain't a bad character and his moves are pretty good
Online Profile Goto Top

Xalfrea
Member Avatar
Keyblade hero

Master Chen Gong
Nov 23 2012, 03:33 AM
Xalfrea
I don't think so, I find Chen Gong as a solo Other add somewhat realistic. I mean it's been years since an 'Other' was added and he makes sense really, if it was Yan Liang or Wen Chou I'd find it even crazier. Chen Gong has performed well in every poll he can, and even if it proves not to be true I beileve there's an element of truth.
I'm not questioning what he would do, he does indeed have potential and could make Lu Bu much more dimensional than "I am Strongman, here me roar."

I'm questioning why it's only NOW that we're seeing Chen Gong on the list when for the past few weeks while the leak list was out he wasn't on there.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Wei-Yan
Member Avatar
Rebellious Wei-Yan
could have been koei they do like to surprise us
Online Profile Goto Top

MCG
Member Avatar
-
I've been asking people for a while why they keep mentioning Chen Gong 'cause to my knowledge I didn't know but apparently there's a few who have seen Chen Gong/Gongtai pop up quite a bit. Basically, it's half and half. I dunno, I think there's some honesty in it it seems pointless to say he's coming back when not.
Edited by MCG, Nov 23 2012, 03:52 AM.
Online Profile Goto Top

Wei-Yan
Member Avatar
Rebellious Wei-Yan
until i actually c a pic of him i'll remain sceptical along with other people
Edited by Wei-Yan, Nov 23 2012, 04:04 AM.
Online Profile Goto Top

Sagittarius
Member Avatar
私に触るな
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Did everybody miss Daikyo's post?
Daikyo

Master Chen Gong: It seems Chen Gong is really mentioned in the leaks, because people on 2ch always lists Chen Gong name along with the other leaked characters.

Quote:

名無し曰く、:2012/11/21(水) 22:14:00.92 ID:4BZzmOh5

新武将リーク
魏 李典○ 楽進○
呉 魯粛○ 韓当
蜀 関興 張苞 関銀屏
晋 張春華 文鴦 賈充
他 陳宮

Translation:
Wei: Li Dian ✓, Yue Jin ✓
Wu: Lu Su ✓, Han Dang
Shu: Guan Xing, Zhang Bao, Guan Yinping
Jin: Zhang Chunhua, Wen Yang, Jia Chong
Other: Chen Gong

It's pretty much just an assumption based on what was seen on 2ch. I haven't seen mention of Chen Gong anywhere one the Chinese boards, the only Other character that's been named in the leaks is Zuo Ci.
So, unless there were leaks in Japan that we're unaware of.. I think his inclusion is just wishful thinking from the fans.
Edited by Sagittarius, Nov 23 2012, 04:10 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Ryuken
Member Avatar
Last Survivor of Azai Clan
Mar10Du
Nov 23 2012, 03:27 AM
Cao Hong 14
I don't really like the idea of Lu Lingqi personally. I just don't feel Lu Bu should have a daughter for some reason. If there is going to be a new girl for Others then I'd rather have Dong Bai, someone who actually stays loyal to Dong Zhuo. Speaking of new girls for Others I wish Lianshi hadn't become playable and instead they had used Yuanshi, wife of Sun Quan and daughter of Yuan Shu. That could have provided Yuan Shu with another close and interesting relationship which he would desperately need if he was added and highlighted how close Yuan Shu was with the Sun family. It at least would have been more than Lianshi has to offer IMO.

If Guan Yinping is added I don't want her to be like another Xingcai. I'd rather her look like this and be more lady like and elegant.
I want her to be like the chick with halberd from soul caliber... Fight like that but with class lol

Plus I think mrs sima yi should be like a cold person but with a hatefully sweet demeanor like Umbridge from Harry potter... Ya know someone ya just love to hate...
Speaking of Soul Calibur, you mean Seong Mina, correct?

Bao Sanniang may be weird, but she have something that you might or might not notice, we might find out on DW8
Offline Profile Goto Top

Xalfrea
Member Avatar
Keyblade hero

But Cheng Pu is also frequently mentioned on there, and you don't see people putting HIM on the leak list.
Offline Profile Goto Top

MCG
Member Avatar
-
I dunno, we'll see anyhow by the time Lu Bu is revealed. I'm not getting my hopes up, I'll find out eventually, but considering he's the most likely 'Other' in the series, I wouldn't be surprised either.

EDIT:
^
Yeah Xalfrea, that is exactly why I've got a gut feeling it could be possible. Even the leaker we all know said there would be new 'Others' as well as Zuo Ci.
Edited by MCG, Nov 23 2012, 04:13 AM.
Online Profile Goto Top

Wei-Yan
Member Avatar
Rebellious Wei-Yan
i wish he was added i have wanted him since dw 2 or was it dw3
Online Profile Goto Top

Mar10Du
Member Avatar
First Lieutenant
[ *  *  * ]
Sun Long
Nov 23 2012, 04:10 AM
Mar10Du
Nov 23 2012, 03:27 AM
Cao Hong 14

Speaking of Soul Calibur, you mean Seong Mina, correct?

Bao Sanniang may be weird, but she have something that you might or might not notice, we might find out on DW8
That's her face!! The weaponset movement seems like a good thing to base hers off of... If she were to have that... Ad I know this is a fat chance but I really liked setskas weapon from that game to... And would love to see something like that Implimented in DW but like I said its a fat chance
Offline Profile Goto Top

Sagittarius
Member Avatar
私に触るな
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I don't think one post made by one person that randomly includes Chen Gong in the leaks should be looked at seriously. I mean, the poster didn't even include Zuo Ci on the list and without a source for this magical "leak", I'm personally not paying it any mind.
I'm pretty sure if Chen Gong was leaked, it'd have spread like wildfire as the other leaks did.
Edited by Sagittarius, Nov 23 2012, 04:23 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Wei-Yan
Member Avatar
Rebellious Wei-Yan
same if cheng pu was leaked :P
Online Profile Goto Top

Lil'Richard
Member Avatar
kits
They were probably making assumptions since the 'Other' leaked list was up in the air, while the other kingdoms weren't. Hence why no Cheng Pu on the list.
Edited by Lil'Richard, Nov 23 2012, 04:23 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

BlackKite
Member Avatar
長宗我部菜々

Xalfrea
Nov 23 2012, 04:10 AM
But Cheng Pu is also frequently mentioned on there, and you don't see people putting HIM on the leak list.
That's because those posts are more on the lines of "Han Dang's in? Then Cheng Pu should've been included too because he's as prominent as Han Dang or even more."

See, Japan likes their complete rosters, so requests for Yu Jin & Cheng Pu have been skyrocketing even in 2ch since they'll be the only ones left in their respective rosters.

(In Cheng Pu's case they still have Zu Mao though, but it looks like Koei couldn't care less about him, so... well)
Online Profile Goto Top

Ryoreiki
Member Avatar
Do not pursue.....
People want Yu Jin?

Well, I don't like Pang De so I support their opinion.

But people are complaining about Han Dang? Just be glad an Early Wu officer FINALLY made it into the game alongside Sun Jian and Huang Gai.
Edited by Ryoreiki, Nov 23 2012, 04:35 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Lil'Richard
Member Avatar
kits
^Seriously, ANY character add for Wu this time 'round seems like a godsend. Plus, Han Dang is a blank slate that the writers can utilize (and hopefully not waste).
Offline Profile Goto Top

Xalfrea
Member Avatar
Keyblade hero

Ryoreiki
Nov 23 2012, 04:35 AM
People want Yu Jin?

Well, I don't like Pang De so I support their opinion.

But people are complaining about Han Dang? Just be glad an Early Wu officer FINALLY made it into the game alongside Sun Jian and Huang Gai.
I believe it's because some people want Late Wu characters. Specifically some that can be used for a fall of wu scenario.

And I reiterate, beyond the sake of completion, I just don't see why people would want that freaking depressing portion of ROTK anyway.

The way it's played out in ROTK, it comes along more the lines of "Oh yeah, there is a THIRD Kingdom isn't there? Gotta remember to put that in there as well!"
Edited by Xalfrea, Nov 23 2012, 04:42 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Archives · Next Topic »
Locked Topic

Composed & Designed by, ©KOEI Warriors, 2005-2014. All rights reserved.