Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to KOEI Warriors (Forum). We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls.

As a member you will also have access the exclusive Members Only Section where you will be privvy to a wide range of KOEI Warriors Renders, OSTs and Videos.
Registration is simple, fast, and completely free!

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features!

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Dynasty Warriors 8 [v3]
Topic Started: Dec 12 2012, 06:30 PM (384,424 Views)
BlackKite
Member Avatar
長宗我部菜々

v1 Topic: http://s13.zetaboards.com/koeiwarriors/topic/6978178/1/
v2 Topic: http://s13.zetaboards.com/koeiwarriors/topic/6986839/

Info Thread is available, and there is also a section for the most recent information news below the main post, so make sure to read those before posting here.
http://s13.zetaboards.com/koeiwarriors/topic/6986755/
The latest scans will always be posted on the KOEI Warriors Facebook Page so be sure to always check there also.

Just realized that both V1 & V2 took only about 20-21 days aka. 3 weeks to exceed 250 pages, and thus increasing the need to refreshing the topic for keeping things tidy. If this pace keeps up, then we might end up reaching V6 topic by the time the game is released on end February... :ph43r:

Good discussions are welcome, but please refrain from posting one-liners too much. It is also helpful if detailed discussions on a certain character can be redirected to their respective character topics. Thank you for your attention. :)
Offline Profile Goto Top

ChibiGingi
Member Avatar
By Primus, how horrifying!
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Leaker grossly overexaggerated Bao's 'erotic' ness... unless Japan has completely different ideas on what erotic is.

It's okay. I've seen far, far more skankier outfits.

But... I prefer her DW7 appearance. *shrugs*
Offline Profile Goto Top

Mr. Kamikaze
Member Avatar
God of War
I kinda figured her outfit would be something like that, though I kinda thought there'd be some cuts or whatever around her torso, so she wasn't that covered up, but I generally like it...dem melons.

But...dat hair.... :crazy:
Edited by Mr. Kamikaze, Dec 12 2012, 06:33 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Bonshaquitalafondria
I stand here waiting for you to bang the gong.
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
ChibiGingi
Dec 12 2012, 06:31 PM
Leaker grossly overexaggerated Bao's 'erotic' ness... unless Japan has completely different ideas on what erotic is.

Haha, I would have thought Bao was quite covered compared to some Japanese gaming girls.

Anyway, so the next batch, although I am absolutely dying to see Yuanji, Chunhua and Sima Yi, if I saw them all at the same time, it would leave me no one to get excited about anymore :(
But I'm guessing it would go like this-
Sima Yi, Chunhua, Zhao, shi and Yuanji..maybe?
Offline Profile Goto Top

ginta
Member Avatar
Empress of Shu-Han
[ *  *  *  * ]
ChibiGingi
Dec 12 2012, 06:31 PM

knowing Japanese taste, maybe that's their definition of erotic: anything that shows cleavage and that can give a person a bloody nose

@Sun Bai Hu - if you're reading this then yes there is striking similarities from Nene lol thankx for that haha
Offline Profile Goto Top

Mr. Kamikaze
Member Avatar
God of War
I'm thinking they won't reveal the whole Sima clan at once...I don't know why, but they just don't seem like they would. I have a feeling they'll reveal Sima Yi pretty early, being that they revealed Cao Cao, Sun Jian, and Liu Bei in their first respective batches. Sima Yi, being the leader of Jin might get the first reveal for Jin, and hoepfully alongside Chunhua...cause I am very curious as to what they do with her.
Offline Profile Goto Top

MCG
Member Avatar
-
Particularly exited for Sima Yi of course, see if those Wired Claws are in fact back. Also be good to see Zhuge Dan and the new characters. Once these are done I suppose the ones I'll be waiting for eagerly are Taishi Ci, Xu Shu and of course God Lu Bu and the beautiful Diaochan.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Greyjoy
Member Avatar
Ghost of Winterfell.
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
So Guan Ping was revealed. My third favorite! Amazing.

Guan Ping looks amazing, simply awesome. I love the hair that they kept; his best, better than DW5 even. Makes him look like a badass. Now for KOEI to give him justice in DW8 story mode, or well, I'd be pissed. Looks fierce as hell though in his scan.

Guan Suo? Eh, I like him and think he deserves to be in the game ( since he was in the novel. Not trying to start a flame war here btw, so don't bash. ) but I liked his DW7 uniform better, since it looked more kung fu like.

Bao Sanniang looks great. I'm digging her hair down like that and the two-torn cape she's got going on. Her overall look looks wayyyy better than DW7 and I'm loving how they're handling her. Hopefully they do this for the rest of the new returnees. Not to mention they enlarged her breasts.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Uncle Vlad
Member Avatar
Avid F1, Dynasty Warriors and Example fan
[ *  *  *  * ]
Glad all Guan's are revealed, I do like the Guans but not enough to get excited about. The Ma family on the overhand is one I want to see! And maybe see if Ma Teng will be included in this game? Doubtful of it though as he wouldn't be that important in the game...
Offline Profile Goto Top

BlackKite
Member Avatar
長宗我部菜々

Speaking about holiday season, just found out that next Dengeki issue will be out on 27 Dec (12/27発売). Well Japan doesn't quite have Xmas holidays, but they do certainly have New Year holidays.

Next week's Famitsu also seems to have a 2012 recap that's divided in two parts, so most likely Famitsu will be published up to 27th as well.

If this is the case, hopefully we'll still have ample time to have both (possibly) Jin major & minor batches to come at the end year, and then let the people over there have their holidays in the new year week. :)
Offline Profile Goto Top

Aranze
Member Avatar
First Lieutenant
[ *  *  * ]
I'm hoping maybe they'll do a Wei/Jin combination reveal. I'm dying to see what they do to Jia Xu, Pang De, Xu Huang, Deng Ai, Zhuge Dan, Zhong Hui, Wang Yuanji, and Guo Huai. Everything about their DW7 appearances where absolutely awesome to me. I'm hoping they're able to keep their style without making to big of drastic changes. Especially around the hair...

I'm probably one of the few people who's indifferent about Zhang Chunhua but I have a feeling she'll be inheriting Sima Yi's claws. I'd actually like to see Sima Yi with a crystal ball weapon. Something along the lines of SCV's Viola's moveset.

Offline Profile Goto Top

MCG
Member Avatar
-
I feel like Xingcai should have been shown though, it's a shame she hasn't now I kinda feel she'll be left to be Liu Shan's bodyguard only again which would suck a little bit. I would like Ma Teng one day but I don't think it's his time yet, should be soon though as there are a lot of 'Others' characters who cause Cao Cao stress such as Chen Gong, Zuo Ci and Ma Teng. Poor Cao Cao everybody hatin' on him.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Greyjoy
Member Avatar
Ghost of Winterfell.
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
BlackKite
Dec 12 2012, 06:43 PM
If this is the case, hopefully we'll still have ample time to have both (possibly) Jin major & minor batches to come at the end year, and then let the people over there have their holidays in the new year week. :)
I'm more than certain we'll get Jin revealed. It's KOEI's big reveal basically imo, the one people really want to see, so they'll def. give it to us before the Holidays as a Christmas/New Year present. It's not an offshoot to see it there, so I'm positive we'll see Jin.
Offline Profile Goto Top

ginta
Member Avatar
Empress of Shu-Han
[ *  *  *  * ]
I'm just curious to see Xiahou Ba. want to know if Koei's planning on still sticking him to Jin still, or moving him into Wei or Shu roster.
Offline Profile Goto Top

MCG
Member Avatar
-
BlackKite
Speaking about holiday season, just found out that next Dengeki issue will be out on 27 Dec (12/27発売). Well Japan doesn't quite have Xmas holidays, but they do certainly have New Year holidays.

Next week's Famitsu also seems to have a 2012 recap that's divided in two parts, so most likely Famitsu will be published up to 27th as well.

So, does that mean we'll receive a major batch still next week then with a major and a minor on the week of the 27th. I'm a little confused.
Offline Profile Goto Top

BlackKite
Member Avatar
長宗我部菜々

Master Chen Gong
Dec 12 2012, 06:49 PM
BlackKite

So, does that mean we'll receive a major batch still next week then with a major and a minor on the week of the 27th. I'm a little confused.
My guess would be:
20 Dec - Jin major batch
27 Dec - Jin minor batch
3 Jan - New Year holidays
10 Jan - New major batch?

Don't take that as a certainty though. You have been advised. :rolleyes:
Offline Profile Goto Top

Master cao pi
Member Avatar
Wei rules all
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
hmmm interesting so we might get scans almost every week this month thats cool i guess :)

and no sima yi needs nothing else but his claws..i will accept his war fan or claws....his wife can have yue ying dagger or double daggers if thats better...yea i kinda actually picture her having double hidden daggers since she can be just as evil as sima yi :sly:
Offline Profile Goto Top

kupop
Elite Soldier
[ *  * ]
ginta
I'm just curious to see Xiahou Ba. want to know if Koei's planning on still sticking him to Jin still, or moving him into Wei or Shu roster.
I can't see Xiahou Ba moving to a different faction tbh, he's probably gonna stay in Jin with Guo Huai :3
Offline Profile Goto Top

Lil'Richard
Member Avatar
kits
kupop
Dec 12 2012, 06:58 PM
ginta
I can't see Xiahou Ba moving to a different faction tbh, he's probably gonna stay in Jin with Guo Huai :3
Yeah with Jin being as slim as they come with current characters and possible character adds, they may just need to take what they can get.
Offline Profile Goto Top

demidevil
Elite Soldier
[ *  * ]
BlackKite
Dec 12 2012, 06:53 PM
Master Chen Gong
BlackKite

My guess would be:
20 Dec - Jin major batch
27 Dec - Jin minor batch

theres nine weeks between january and february not to mention another two week for december, not counting the probably holiday, so around 11-12 weeks left for reveals so saying minor batches = 3-4 characteres and major batches = 6-9 that would mean there will probably be 8 or so more minor batches and 3 or 4 major batches.

I also expect jin next week, and the new other reveals will likely come the week after.
Offline Profile Goto Top

MCG
Member Avatar
-
BlackKite
Dec 12 2012, 06:53 PM
My guess would be:
20 Dec - Jin major batch
27 Dec - Jin minor batch

Thank you, I suppose that makes sense as well. Seems very weird to leave a Han Dang reveal all on its own after the New Year, very weird indeed :blink: .
Offline Profile Goto Top

FujiwaraNoSai
Member Avatar
The memory of a legend
Master cao pi
Dec 12 2012, 06:56 PM
hmmm interesting so we might get scans almost every week this month thats cool i guess :)

and no sima yi needs nothing else but his claws..i will accept his war fan or claws....his wife can have yue ying dagger or double daggers if thats better...yea i kinda actually picture her having double hidden daggers since she can be just as evil as sima yi :sly:
Balls no. Not in his current position. The claws will not befit him at all. He is a ruler now, or atleast functions as one. Keeping the War Fan with an alternated moveset will be fine, however I still pray for a Bladed Fan...
Offline Profile Goto Top

Djunis
Member Avatar
First Lieutenant
[ *  *  * ]
wow first person i hear that doesnt want sima to have claws
Offline Profile Goto Top

ginta
Member Avatar
Empress of Shu-Han
[ *  *  *  * ]
kupop
Dec 12 2012, 06:58 PM
ginta
for me, it felt like a forced add for Xiahou Ba in Jin. read his bio and was surprised to know that he hates Guo Huai with a passion lol I just don't see his accomplishments in Jin as importance other than a few expeditions with Guo Huai. :/

edit: :o WOW someone who actually hates Sima Yi's claws? I must be dreaming lol
Edited by ginta, Dec 12 2012, 07:11 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

FujiwaraNoSai
Member Avatar
The memory of a legend
Djunis
Dec 12 2012, 07:09 PM
wow first person i hear that doesnt want sima to have claws
There are multiple people who think this way. It was perfect on DW6 Sima Yi, we saw a very dark and sinister side of his, also killing Cao Cao. He still is a cunning man, but he did not have the evil role in DW7, more likely the one who guided 'his force' to the point of conquest.

I can see Chunhua with the Wired Gloves. Give her the more evil and cunning feel. I bet Sima Yi would love that in his wife. ;)
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create your own social network with a free forum.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Archives · Next Topic »
Locked Topic

Composed & Designed by, ©KOEI Warriors, 2005-2014. All rights reserved.