Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Hello and welcome to KOEI Warriors (Forum), the official leading Rank 1 forum of ZetaBoards free online service of thousands of message boards aimed at video gaming; specifically the best KOEI TECMO fan site online! With over 35,000 forum members already a part of the community and millions of comments recorded! Thank you for visiting, we hope you enjoy the message board!

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. By signing up and experiencing KOEI Warriors message board you will have access to features that are member-only such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, voting in recognized polls, and more importantly discussion and the latest news from KOEI TECMO with fellow fans of their products. Our Members Only section via joining will grant you KOEI Warriors graphics, downloads and more.

We also have social network pages on Facebook, Twitter and a videos channel on YouTube, so please find us there.

If you need any help please don't hesitate to ask a member of staff/moderator. Thank you.

Regards,
KOEI Warriors Staff Team

Join our community at KOEI Warriors (Forum)!

Already a member? Welcome back, please login here and enjoy KOEI Warriors (Forum).

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
So, what kind of Musou player are you?
Casual 10 (13%)
Mid-core 47 (61%)
Hardcore 20 (26%)
Total Votes: 77
Casual or Hardcore?; Maybe in the middle?
Topic Started: Tue Dec 18, 2012 4:25 am (1,788 Views)
Saber
Member Avatar
Slashitty slash slash
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
So, just out of curiousity, are you a casual or mid-core or hardcore player of the Warriors titles? Because there's no clear definition set in stone, I just want to put out my definitions for the gamer demographic (do tell me if you disagree with my definitions since I came up with them on the spot :XD ).

Casual - playing for the fun of it, while not caring too much about spending a lot of time on the game
Mid-core - Knowing the system just enough, spends time to max out character stats and earning all the trophies and knows a general setup for characters
Hardcore - Taking time to fully master the game, combo opportunities, knows how to analyze the system in-depth and pushing the system to its full potential

Notice I've italicized the word 'player' meaning it's relating to the gameplay aspect of the Warriors titles, not the story. Knowledge of story mode doesn't really count towards how you play the game, because you could know a lot about the story and the 3K era and the Sengoku and still just play for the heck of it.

I consider myself a hardcore player, but that only started when I played DW7, actually. While I did consider myself mid-core since I did know how to maximize a character, all I basically did was spam the same attacks as per the 'maximization guide'. It wasn't until I figured out that combos were really quite easy to pull of that I actually spent a lot of time figuring out move properties, whether weapons were combo-friendly, how to utilize Musou attacks as combo-enders, and basically applying my fighting game playstyle to the Warriors games.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Mr. Kamikaze
Member Avatar
God of War
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I voted Casual...but that was before I read the descriptions. I am in fact more mid-core, I guess. I do max out everyone and like to have a general set up, not really unique to each character, I generally use the same set up for all characters. Not so into trophies though, they just happen when they happen, I don't usually go out of my way to get them unless I somehow realize that I am pretty close to gaining one
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

LegendKiller
Member Avatar
General
[ *  *  *  * ]
I'm a mid-core person coz I like spending my time maxing characters, unlocking weapons and etc.

DarkSaviour
General
[ *  *  *  * ]
Few years ago I would call myself a hardcore. All characters maxed, challenge mode records beaten, everything unlocked... you know... But now serious lack of free time allows me to play only few hours a week. I've maxed less than half of the cast, some missions in conquest only completed once... Am I turning a casual??

Fūma
Member Avatar
The Dragon Has Returned
DW series - Mid-core
SW series / SB3 - Hardcore

^_^

JHouser
Member Avatar
Han's Unifier
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Fuuma
Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:53 pm
DW series - Mid-core
SW series / SB3 - Hardcore

^_^
Aside from SB3................same.

NekoWarrior
Member Avatar
Han's Unifier
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Im kinda hardcore

Kimmy
Member Avatar
Mwahahahahaha
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Used to be sort of mid-core but now I'm casual, to the point of being a freelancer XD not played KOEI in at least 2 years and I didn't even get DW7 or SW3 though I may get DW8 when its out. Used to try and max characters out and beat records and stuff when I did play them but not in a hard core way.

Epic Score
Member Avatar
Eastern Mythologist
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Between mid-core and hardcore, depending on my mood.

Zoned
Member Avatar
Twerk Team Captain
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Mid-core, I like to get my favourite/ most used characters maxed, and get most if not all items, but don't usually do more unless i have nothing to do so i complete more stuff.

Korin
Member Avatar
Tiger General
[ *  *  *  * ]
If I had SW3 it would be hardcore cause I always liked SW more than DW - DW midcore for me cuz I don't max everything out cuz it's not worth the time

Kyuu-tan
Member Avatar
All glory comes from daring to begin
[ *  * ]
I'd have to say mid-core, but I seem to be slowly slipping into hardcore. Combos and such didn't mean all that much to me before, but now I seem to find myself challenging myself by trying to get a high combo score.

ReinaBlaka
Member Avatar
Emperor's Retainer
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Ah...I'd say I'm mid-core, because I do care about making progress, level grinding and game completion. But then I don't play the games a lot...

Jinx
Member Avatar
fat swan
[ *  *  *  * ]
DW - Hardcore
SW - Casual
WO - Hardcore

Gynchikicho
GundamBuildFighter
[ *  *  *  * ]
Im playing hardcore but dont wanna complete everything, Im jus satisfied with completing that I wanna complete since its also very time intensive to complete everything and since you are fully thru the game system repeatition always bores you and me

ThreeKingdomsWarrior
Member Avatar
Legend
According to the definitions, i would say i'm absolutely Mid-core, but also quite Hardcore. I spend very much time with these games. Especially DW.

Spiksel
Sergeant
[ * ]
Im a mid-core player ^^

Ghost Of Da Qiao
Right General
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
I am more Mid-core. I will make sure my characters are equipped properly and experienced well enough for the battle. Naturally I like to find combos that are effective. I definitely spend a lot of time on the game and if something doesn't go as planned I will restart as many times or won't give up when I die. I also like to go through the scenes section by section, the proper way and not skip anything. If the game is played too randomly I will probably not save. In DW3 there was a limit to how much you could improve your character. Thank goodness they got rid of that system where you can max their stats out now. But before I spent tonnes of time trying to get +8 shields and swords (Juggling the officers to get the bonuses) and I wouldn't save until I got a satisfactory result. It was a serious job for me. @_@ Also I make sure I have particular items ALWAYS equipped so I can get as many bonuses and also something to protect me from arches (ESPECIALLY in DW3)

Although I like to play the game perfectly, I wouldn't say I'm hardcore because I do not try to complete the game completely by leveling up all the characters and I also do not plan my gaming very well. I simply play and see where the level will take me and I sometimes rush in on the enemy or don't follow the instructions so I probably haven't followed the storyline as much as I could have.

Meari
Member Avatar

I always been a mid-core player with KOEI games sometimes I can be hardcore depending on which game I am playing too. With most of the Dynasty Warriors games, I was hardcore to the point where I maxed out all the characters, stats, getting all the high level weapons, best horses, items, and all the trophies at 100%. With Samurai Warriors, I am more casual. I would start maxing out character but would lose interest half way then stop playing.

Wild Lion
Member Avatar
Legend
I don't collect everything, I don't get the best weapons (except on my mains) and I don't go for trophies, but I consider myself hardcore on the games because I always go for the hardest difficulty as soon as I can and play just to see how early I can break through a Chaos stage and to see how much hell I can put my friends and myself through. The fact that I use early weapons and random skills just makes it more fun.

Bonshaquitalafondria
I stand here waiting for you to bang the gong.
Bit of both I guess :)

RichterBelmont12
Member Avatar
Castlevania Warriors!!!
[ *  *  *  * ]
I'm in the Middle soo Mid-Core :D

Squidlipticus
Member Avatar
First Lieutenant
[ *  *  * ]
I feel bad for hardcore warriors gamers. How can a hardcore gamer find any satisfaction in a game as linear and easy as warriors games. I enjoy them from time to time, but investing that kinda of time and passion into a game that gives back so little stimulation seems like a waste. Hardcore gamers play games that test their mind and skill. These games were designed to be casual. It's like saying I'm "hardcore" because I sink all my time into Angry Birds.
Edited by Squidlipticus, Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:52 pm.

HokutoNoBen
Member Avatar
Supreme Warrior-Scholar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Squidlipticus
Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:49 pm
I feel bad for hardcore warriors gamers. How can a hardcore gamer find any satisfaction in a game as linear and easy as warriors games. I enjoy them from time to time, but investing that kinda of time and passion into a game that gives back so little stimulation seems like a waste. Hardcore gamers play games that test their mind and skill. These games were designed to be casual. It's like saying I'm "hardcore" because I sink all my time into Angry Birds.
It depends on what you want from such games, really.

For example: with guys like Tetsuo9999 (and others who share his viewpoints, like myself), the main thing is to find things that either break the game, or exploit it to its maximum so that you can get results like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9PAMeRxHLBQ

And with Capcom's BASARA games, it gets even better. Because the games not only have every expectation for you to do such things in order to increase your combo counts, you eventually earn a plethora of items and skills that act as modifiers so that you can have quite a bit of variety at your disposal.

So yeah, if you're just playing the games for their story and to mash/grind your way to victory, they seem a bit flat. But there is something more there for those who want it.

Fräulein
Member Avatar
full offense
I'd say I'm somewhere between casual and mid-core. I do like to use different combos and what-not, but most of the time I just play for fun.

I'm definitely not hardcore by any means. The only game I can even think of that I attempted to complete 100% was Oblivion because it's my favorite game, and even that I never completed entirely. Now, I did come very close to completing WO2, but that felt more like something I had to do than something I wanted to do.

And in the end, I don't play games to prove anything, so I'm fine with where I am.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · KOEI Heroes · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Composed & Designed by, ©KOEI Warriors, 2005-2017. All rights reserved.