Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to KOEI Warriors (Forum). We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls.

As a member you will also have access the exclusive Members Only Section where you will be privvy to a wide range of KOEI Warriors Renders, OSTs and Videos.
Registration is simple, fast, and completely free!

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DEMON CHAOS a.ka IKUSAGAMI; a musoulike byGenki/Konami
Topic Started: Jan 19 2013, 01:18 PM (471 Views)
wodash
Member Avatar
undefeated in all directions
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Developer(s) Genki, Now Production
Publisher(s) Konami
Platform(s) PlayStation 2
Release date(s)

JP November 24, 2005[1]
EU April 27, 2007[2]
AUS May 11, 2007

Posted Image

This game was originally made by Genki, known for its Jade Cocoon RPG back in the PSX days, its been localized by Konami in the west and was renamed Demon Chaos

Unlike standard musoulikes, you control not a simple soldier or character, but instead you take role of a gigantic wolflike deity called the Inugami against tiny humans and giants beasts alike, it feels more like KESSEN series in terms of maps and enemies rather than a musou game because the enemy will most oftenly shown as a tiny speck in your screen that will die in one swing of your weapon

Another difference is the game also forces you to use simple RTS elements to win battles, plowing through the enemy rank will sometimes not cut it, you must build gathering points and power spots to rally your own troops and win the campaign

The game also boast to be capable of displaying up to 65,535 enemies on-screen at once although is could be debatable.

here is a sample of the gameplay

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=44KZ0neSz7E

Pros:
-unique idea of a game, only Citizen Kabuto and Black or White are remotely similar to it, and even then those are not exactly similar to this game
-is set on the Sengoku Jidai, many familiar faces will appear such as Akechi Mitsuhide, and Oda Nobunaga, so you won't be too lost on its storyline
-its available on English
-battle system is not just hack and slash, but also with a dash of RTS

Cons:
-playable character is lacking for this genre, with only the Inugami being the sole playable character, despite having multiple interesting NPC's that could've been playable too
-weapons only change skins, and you don't really evolve much moveset wise
-replay value is quite low unless you REALLY like playing as Inugami, because there are several playthrough bonuses but most of them only gives you new weapons
-the RTS portion might be annoying for people who likes a pure hack and slash action game
-the graphics aren't that pretty even for its genre and the time it was released

well, topic, go ahead and discuss about this game :XD
My FAQS so far:SB3 gameplay guide
TOU ! SEI! NAN! HO! CHUUO FUHAI!!! , SUPER ASIA wa,muteki da! MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! :asia:
:kurokan: i'm doing this to support SB!(and FotNS),even after they finally added a Tohofuhai smiley!!!!! :ken:
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Mibu Kyoshiro
Member Avatar
An awesome Himura Kenshin copycat! ;)
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
My god,remember seeing this at my nearby game store,it was my second experience with the Musou genre[my first being Dynasty Warriors 3 on the PS2...again by the same guys],only this one wasn't the Musou I remembered.It was a lot of fun for what it was.

It might be me,but I felt that this game tried to chew more than it could ever hope to bite on the PS2.Wonder what a remake for the PS3,pushing the system's limits could do.If anything though,it really did make you feel like a rabbid dog on the battlefield.Get it? :ph43r:
A Certain Gaming Haven

Because a game's creation and design is a fun process.

Gaming Wishlist
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

wodash
Member Avatar
undefeated in all directions
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
well, it has its faults, i can't say its PS2's fault though, since KESSEN 2 & 3 looks great, and it also has those mini humans sprawling on the map (although i dunno if it would reach 60K in one screen), plus it got more flashier special effects than this game has

i'm guessing Genki is low on budget or something when making this game, but they sure are high on ideas... :kurokan:
My FAQS so far:SB3 gameplay guide
TOU ! SEI! NAN! HO! CHUUO FUHAI!!! , SUPER ASIA wa,muteki da! MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! :asia:
:kurokan: i'm doing this to support SB!(and FotNS),even after they finally added a Tohofuhai smiley!!!!! :ken:
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Mibu Kyoshiro
Member Avatar
An awesome Himura Kenshin copycat! ;)
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
^The afforemntioned two though are RTS not this crazy mix.While Genki isn't known for it's vast resources,their games are always fun in some way.I really believe it's not so much a budget problem as for Musou game to reach vast enemy levels on screen with intelligence,we had to have WO3,that's why I'm suspicious.

Still,if it did a comeback,in any form or a similar game got out[and by similar I mean different characters same idea],I'd be behind it.
A Certain Gaming Haven

Because a game's creation and design is a fun process.

Gaming Wishlist

Daosiying
道士英
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
This is one of those games I like to flaunt as an American, since people here don't ever get to see niche stuff like this, unlike Europeans, and I can use it to shut anyone up about how many characters on screen quantifies as amazing in this day and age. Seriously the stupid things I hear, only for them to quietly sit down after showing this game's flaunted 65,535 enemies on screen at once. Good stuff.

I do enjoy the RTS elements though. The combat itself is pretty basic, so the RTS elements helps to cover the limitations by adding in a second layer of depth.

The gimmicks of the alternate weapons were entertaining though. I like the ones that had the spinning rush attack because it added a speedometer on the screen and it was just funny to see how fast you were hurtling through bugs.

Too bad this game didn't get much exposure. I imagine it would've been more memorable if more people just knew that it existed. Because again, you're showing 65,535 characters on screen at once. Even at super low poly, that's just some really cool stuff you can only hope to see from budget games, since they know can do ridiculous things to turn profits because they better understand their need to market versus high budget games that restrict themselves.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · Warriors-like Games · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Composed & Designed by, ©KOEI Warriors, 2005-2013. All rights reserved.