Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to KOEI Warriors (Forum). We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls.

As a member you will also have access the exclusive Members Only Section where you will be privvy to a wide range of KOEI Warriors Renders, OSTs and Videos.
Registration is simple, fast, and completely free!

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features!

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Dynasty Warriors 8 + XL DLC; DLC is Downloadable Content
Topic Started: Dec 21 2012, 10:21 AM (272,077 Views)
Ixbran
Member Avatar
Wooooo, I got a Wii U! <3
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I'll try to keep this first post updated with pics and info regarding the DLC released for the game.
Official DLC Website Here

Zhao Yun ROTK XII Costume (click for Bigger)
Posted Image
Posted Image
Sun Shangxiang ROTK XII Costume (click for Bigger)

Posted Image
Wang Yuanji Lawson Vocaloid DLC Costume (Click for Bigger)

Also comes with matching throwing knives

Purchasing special marked Lawson Medicine bottles, would give you a code for a new Podao weapon skin on the recipt.
Posted Image

Purchasing DW8 at specific retail shops gives players a special code for downloading DW1 Costumes for characters
Zhou Yu DW1 Costume (Click for Bigger)
Posted Image
Posted Image
Lu Xun DW1 Costume (Click for Bigger)
  • Zhou Yu at Geo
  • Lu Xun at Game TSUTAYA or Wonder GOO
Zhang Fei DW1 Costume (Click for Bigger)
Posted Image
Posted Image
Guan Yu DW1 Costume (Click for Bigger)
  • Zhang Fei at Joshin Dengeki
  • Guan Yu at GAMECITY and several others
Cao Cao DW1 Costume (Click for Bigger)
Posted Image

• Cao Cao at Furuhon Ichiba

FOR MORE INFO PLEASE VISIT THE
KOEI WIKI DW8 DLC Page

What I'd Like to See
Online Profile Goto Top

Skode
Member Avatar
King of KW
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
As long as any costumes are new ill be happy - no way in hell do i want to pay for example money for DW4 costumes AGAIN. Original costumes were pricey last time round but they at least took effort... i wouldnt even consider paying for the strikeforce costumes again either.

New stages are always nice, new weapons as well but regurgitated costumes and wallpapers are needless and probably over milking the fanbase if they truly want to keep tapping us for the same content every single release.
Offline Profile Goto Top

ReinaBlaka
Member Avatar
Han's Unifier
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
If Zhao Yun and SSX are getting their ROTK XII costumes for preorder, I think it'll be possible for a DLC batch featuring the ROTK XII outfits for the entire playable cast?

Also, It has been suggested in the main thread, maybe the new characters can get "joke" costumes based on their previous generic appearances?

I'd love for the School, Fairytale and Strikeforce costumes to come back. They can design costumes for each of the new characters. Jia Chong as the Count Dracula and Lu Su as say...some Arabian Nights merchant? ME WANT! :D

As for weapon skins, how about the grand return of joke weapons? Hitting ppl with floating books FTW!

And I definitely agree that some WO weapons can be released as DLC...
Edited by ReinaBlaka, Dec 21 2012, 10:41 AM.
Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Credit to Sakii for the sig and banner, and to Miss FD for the fanbars! :yes:
Character WishList:
Spoiler: click to toggle

Offline Profile Goto Top

Mizushima Toru
Member Avatar
Guan Suo's Knight
What i think we will get..
- Wang Yuanji's revamped throwing knives moveset DLC
- Guan Ping's Zanbato MOveset/Revamped great Sword Moveset
What i wish we will get:
- Guan Suo's martial art <- Still have hig hopes for this
Wishlist
Posted Image
I am..

Sig thx to DMRevolution,Crusader14,Sakii,Maeda Toshiie!
Check my first time Gallery!
Offline Profile Goto Top

Ixbran
Member Avatar
Wooooo, I got a Wii U! <3
Well when i said weapons, i meant new move sets not weapon skins.

How ever weapons skins are a plus, as long as they dont have a weak base attack, i'm all for it.
Posted Image
The Ladies of Smash.4.
My Banners
KW Forum Links
Awesome (Music) Video
Online Profile Goto Top

Saber
Member Avatar
Two more years till college? I'd rather wait.
It's too early to create a DLC topic now. Even with the announcement of pre-order bonus DLC, that's only left for that. Anything else is unconfirmed at the moment, so I'll have to archive this for now.

I'll open it back up when the game's released or more DLC is announced.
Posted Image
DW8 Info Thread | KW Family | Gallery
GFX Requests are now more than welcome. Send me a PM and I'll see what I can do. ;)
Offline Profile Goto Top

Averryy
Member Avatar
Kneel before the Duke of Wei!
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
DLC (Downloadable Content) has become Koei's best friend in the most recent titles of our beloved Warriors series.

Firstly I want to discuss my opinions on how the DLC was in the past main title of the Dynasty Warriors Series. - IMO I think that DLC was well received by most fans, we were given a variety of things to suit each gamers needs, be it new weapons to declone our favourite characters, new stages to keep us interested in the game and finally costumes, who doesnt like to change the characters costume to their very own favourite from past DW games.

Faults with past DLC -
Weapons - I think its a shame that they didnt actually give the weapon to some one to declone them, all that was needed was a patch?
Stages - Some were brilliant and interesting, but, some were very basic and boring. I guess its what you prefer as a gamer.
Costumes - I dont really find fault with these, pretty straight forward, maybe a bit over priced? Especially if you just want the pack to change a few people.

Finally what would I like to see in DW8 in the form of DLC. -

Everything that was released as DLC in DW7, obviously I dont want the same weapons, same stages etc. But I wouldnt really want to pay for costumes all over again, should be if you bought it already you shouldnt have to again, but I doubt that would be how it would work.

Characters - I think everyone would be happy if they released characters as DLC, you'd be able to play as them in free mode & the new mode. Maybe there could even be a patch to incorporate them into the storyline (choose out of so many characters, including the new one). Obviously other characters would just be in the new mode and free mode.

Stories for others - Add a storyline for the others who wont be playable through kingdom mode. This would work because of the what-if part of the gameplay. ie. Yuan Shao, play as him through his involvement in battles, then what-if he won at Guan Du.

New Modes - DLC for new modes for us to play in, say if challenge mode is included, we could pay for new modes to challenge us in.

Any thoughts, disagreement or agreement? Feel free to share your opinions!
Edited by Averryy, Jan 21 2013, 03:28 PM.
Posted Image

Strikerdes, Wynter, Averryy, Daikyo, UpInMahBubble.
Leader and Admin of The Yakuza, Xbox 360 clan and forum!

Offline Profile Goto Top

Wynter
Member Avatar
OH PLEASE MR.TIMBERLAKE, I DONT WANNA GO
Hopefully we see some of the older stages like DW4 Nanman, god that one was a pain in the arse when played on hard/very hard. I remember when I got pissed trying to get Yue Ying's lvl10 weapon and Zhuge Liang kept dying lmao.

Hopefully the new DLC stages wont be as boring like it was on 7/XL/WO3. Honestly they were that boring, no character interactions at all. Oh and some new weapons too, trying not to be greedy even though most of the characters will be decloned, it'll be nice to see what ideas Koei have in their sleeves haha.
Posted ImagePosted Image
TUMBLR | YOUTUBE

Offline Profile Goto Top

Averryy
Member Avatar
Wynter
Jan 7 2013, 12:57 AM
Oh and some new weapons too, trying not to be greedy even though most of the characters will be decloned, it'll be nice to see what ideas Koei have in their sleeves haha.
I dont think you're being greedy at all! For me personally the DLC weapons were the best for me, was nice to see what Koei could come up with and how they worked. Obviously some weapons were clearly made for people, but some other weapons shocked some people;

Iron Boat - I expected Sima Zhao (Went to Huang Gai)
Bombs - I expected Huang Gai (Went to Dong Zhuo)

etc etc

Even if the whole cast are decloned I think Koei should once again make and release new weapons, by new I mean previous weapons from past games and totally new weapons. After all they can always be used for new characters, just like Koei did to declone characters in DW7:E.
Posted Image

Offline Profile Goto Top

nolife
Member Avatar
Tiger General
[ *  *  *  * ]
They can make the new characters getting Original and Fairytale DLC outfit and DLC for the new weapons, both joke and serious.
And maybe some new weapons and alternate costumes for everyone. But I also wanted they brought back older DW7 DLCs in DW8(with lesser price).

I don't understand why they don't make the DLC free instead. Sure, it's for money but thinking about the budget prices...
I don't know what to put here, so have some Kosho instead. :kosho: :kosho: :kosho:
Offline Profile Goto Top

Ryuken
Member Avatar
Last Survivor of Azai Clan
Averryy
Jan 7 2013, 01:06 AM
Iron Boat - I expected Sima Zhao (Went to Huang Gai)
Bombs - I expected Huang Gai (Went to Dong Zhuo), etc.

Even if the whole cast are decloned I think Koei should once again make and release new weapons, by new I mean previous weapons from past games and totally new weapons. After all they can always be used for new characters, just like Koei did to declone characters in DW7:E.
Some does surprise me too. We might be miscalculated because some characters has unique ex which it gives a thought like "Hey Zhao's surf? He should get Iron Boat." Others might be frustrated like one of the most conversation which it is Gan Ning. He gets the Flail even if people thinks that sword suits him well.

Anyway, back to the topic, nolife got some good point. The price can be reasonable, but at the same time, it seem it might be not fair for us since JPN gets stages less price, the costume can be free and stuff. It will be cool for us to get that, too UNLESS the costume is ROTK XII, then I got no excuse.

The only idea that I can think of will be more what-if stages for story, but it might be too much.
Posted Image
Thank Fraulein, Sakii, and Crusader14 for Signature and Avatar!

Other Signature
DW Wishlist
Famitsu Poll List for Dynasty
Samurai Warriors and Warriors Orochi 3 Wishlist
Offline Profile Goto Top

UpInMahBubble
Member Avatar
Bao's Knight
I'll be fine with any DLC as long as we don't hear from the Sima Shi meatbun fiasco ever again
Posted Image

Offline Profile Goto Top

BryllTheRed
Member Avatar
The Scion Of WU
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I've been thinking of a series of dlc that has it's own story. The story of the warriors that led up to them appearing in WO series. Or if they do a new spin off series, in case 3 was the last WO. Some dlc leading up to that story... Kinda like a gaiden.

I've been saying in the main thread that they should consider crossover weapons and characters as dlc from other games just to add to the fun. Characters like Yukimura, and even some of the mystics and demons from WO to tie into the dlc I meantion above. Even the exclusive strikeforce characters.

Weapon packs could include
New weapons exclusive to DW series
Crossover weapons from
-Ninja Gaiden
-DWO
-Samurai Warriors
-Zill Ol' Trinity ETC... With characters from those games

Crossover Costumes from
-Kessen
-DWTactics
-ROTK
-Disguise costumes like what they did with SW characters in WO3

Pseudo company CAW's to appear in the story mode, would help the likes of Yu Jin if he is not in the game.. At least you could get a unique skin for him.

Will drop more as it comes to me.
Edited by BryllTheRed, Jan 7 2013, 05:20 AM.
Posted ImageKaHi, Daikyo, Tazz, DancingSwan, Sakii, DiamondDust = RESPECT!!! For my sigs, fan bars, and avatars!
DW Wishlist

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image <===Authentic DancingSwan
Offline Profile Goto Top

Mizushima Toru
Member Avatar
Guan Suo's Knight
I still want dlc weapons...since some officers use throwing knives and great sword...i want a dlc for Guan Ping's Zanbato, and new moveset under different name for Wang Yuanji...some people still want nostalgia, so they might release Bladebow(yueying),Twin daggers, Fork and Shield. And...someone like me still thinks that some character deserve a new weapon better(Guan suo's martial arts gloves)

As for the costume release modern/fairytale costume for NEW charas only...the old one can get their costume right from the start, i dont want to buy it again..

And i still waiting for Strikeforce DLC costume for new chara if that'll ever happen...but i doubt it instead...i wish for Strikeforce 3rd if that happen...
Edited by Mizushima Toru, Jan 7 2013, 05:50 AM.
Wishlist
Posted Image
I am..

Offline Profile Goto Top

BryllTheRed
Member Avatar
The Scion Of WU
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
ZZG you've played WO3 right? If so... You do know that Ping has charge attacks that heavily mirror his old Zanbato moveset. There would be no need for it. Unless they would change his S-string. The greatsword is slow yes.. But if the tempering system from WO3 comes into play... You can speed it up. I imagine Ping kept his WO3 moveset from looking at the screens, and the NPCs kept BA's moveset. All in all if they change his S-string I would like to see his old stance and running animation return, and maybe they change his 1st Musou.
Posted ImageKaHi, Daikyo, Tazz, DancingSwan, Sakii, DiamondDust = RESPECT!!! For my sigs, fan bars, and avatars!
DW Wishlist

Posted Image
Posted Image
Offline Profile Goto Top

Ryuken
Member Avatar
Last Survivor of Azai Clan
You know, I was thinking these kind of weapon for DLC like Element Staff (4 Natures), Spear Whip (the one I sketch), Arm and Leg Blade, Rope Dart, and Similar to Genji's Shizuka's weapon. Who knows about it. One thing I think about Guan Ping's weapon is that they should keep his charged moveset for Orochi 3 rather than Xiahou Ba to prevent cloning with Generics.
Edited by Ryuken, Jan 7 2013, 06:03 AM.
Posted Image
Thank Fraulein, Sakii, and Crusader14 for Signature and Avatar!

Other Signature
DW Wishlist
Famitsu Poll List for Dynasty
Samurai Warriors and Warriors Orochi 3 Wishlist
Offline Profile Goto Top

Skode
Member Avatar
King of KW
I pay for weapons if they are new - even if i dont like them all that much the add variety when things get stale... likewise arguably even more so with new stages even if reimaginations of older efforts - goodness knows the DLC stages in DW7 were by far the better offerings for Conquest mode grinding in size, variety and generally in content.

Costumes - well they are far too pricey for my liking... yet variety is nice here and there so yeah i guess i could have my arm twisted again to invest if they are new - pay for DW4 costumes and the likes yet again though is a no no given ive paid for them a couple of times already and they only affect around half of the cast these days. A nice bonus was they at least made the DLC in DW7 compatable with XL and Empires so you get value for money there for high pricing but alas being an Xbox man meant i paid full price and got the brunt of not being to use them on expansions as they were PS3 only.

Wallpapers - pointless, certainly even more so at that price.

Characters - absolutely not... i can see appeal if instead of DLC weapons those new weapons came with relevant new characters but not only would koei never take this approach - after all three new characters was the main pull for many to invest in a 30 quid XL game but they would not integrate well into the game unless they were already on disc... i mean they would have little enough character interaction and immersion for my liking. They COULD pull it off and i would probably invest but i know in my heart it would not come across all that well compared to them appearing as a character in their own right in a DW disc title.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Ryoreiki
Member Avatar
Do not pursue.....
Only thing I would like to see as DLC are:

-Past stages
-Costumes from other iterations (DW1 & DW2 in the case of some characters still not containing them yet), and portrayals from other games, like Kessen, Dynasty Tactics, and ROTK.
-Fantasy & Modern costumes
-More weapon designs

Characters and weapons can wait. Only reason weapons were likely included was to narrow down the amount of clones DW7 had. Including characters I'm sure would take a lot of work, especially for those who are generic in the kingdom mode.
Edited by Ryoreiki, Jan 7 2013, 08:35 AM.
Posted Image
Character Wishlist
Wei-Jia Xu, Yue Jin
Wu-Han Dang, Lu Kang, Cheng Pu
Shu-Guan Suo, Ma Yunlu, Guan Xing, Zhang Bao, Liao Hua
Jin-Xin Xianying, Zhang Chunhua, Wen Yang
Other-Dong Bai, Lu Ling Qi, Chen Gong,Yuan Shu

Character Designs (UPDATED 4/24/2013)
Offline Profile Goto Top

Gaďania
Member Avatar
Deadly Cherry Blossoms
Personally, I'd like to have new costumes (but traditional costumes if possible. I prefer them to the 'modern' costumes). Would be nice to have the ROTK XII costumes for the rest of the characters as well, though for some of them, it'd be just weird.

I am against the idea of ​​having DLC weapons if all the characters are already unique in the game. If they want to add new weapons, I'd rather try them when some new characters will be added in XL/Empires. Plus, the fact that they add DLC weapons without EX and musou attacks is pretty boring for me. New weapons skin would be great, though.

I'm sure there'll be DLC stages too. Stages of the old games, and perhaps new battles. If this is the case, I hope the maps will be entirely new. I didn't liked the 'joke' stages from DW7, Sima Shi with his meat bun made ​​me want to strangle him. I'd much prefer to have non-joke DLC stages with good dialogues instead.

I guess we'll have BGMs from the old games too, and I like that. Useless wallpapers are to be expected, which are super expensive for what they are.

DLC characters, even if it sounds good, I'm afraid they'll be poorly executed. As having very little dialogues and interactions with other characters, no cutscene. If it is anything like that, I say no.

So yeah, mainly costumes, weapons skin (but please, no more joke weapons. Can't stand them in DW7/WO3), old/new stages, BGMs. That's fine for me.
Maybe it's impossible to feel exactly the same way as another person, but it's possible for people to care about one another and to place their hearts as close together as they can manage. I'm sure that's what it means to make your hearts as one.」
— Inoue Orihime —

Posted Image
Offline Profile Goto Top

Averryy
Member Avatar
Wow you guys have come up with some really cool and interesting ideas!

It seems that a lot of you want costumes to return from previous games as DLC, would you still pay full price for them even though you bought them in DW7(& expansions)?

With weapons I see where most of you are coming from, I too find it annoying that there were no Ex attacks not musuos attached to weapons, wouldnt be that hard to make them. Whent they're equipped to a character they just use the musuo of the new weapon, unless they have their own Ex weapon equipped.

I see what you mean about adding new weapons if everyone is declone, but for some it makes it a bit more interesting with a new weapon and moveset to test and run around with. But I agree they should come with an Ex attack and musuo.
Posted Image

Offline Profile Goto Top

BryllTheRed
Member Avatar
The Scion Of WU
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Weapons keep the replay value going as far as dlc goes. Stages as well, but most complain about them when they actually play them. Thing about weapon dlc, when its all said and done most complained about the ability to combo between weapons. Meaning a lot of weapons weren't being used due to them not being combo friendly. So by the time you finish using the 70+ roster and all its weapons on some "max every character" trophy grind... A new weapon here and there is refreshing. I don't really subscribe to the "everyone decloned! no dlc weapons" bandwagon. It's all a part of a bigger picture going forward anyway. New characters... CAW weapons... It has a place just as well as it would have a point. No EX attack? I get it.. But when you arent the weapons ex user, there isn't an ex attack anyway. No Musou? I don't get it, because not everyone uses their EX weapon in their musous. Example... Guan Suo, Huang Gai... New weapons are always a taste of the future in some instances, and a chance for new gameplay option (which is most important in the present). No offense to you guys that don't see the logic behind any of that. We are all different.. Just don't think some are thinking about the grind we go on to platinum this game, or the bigger picture of creating replay value for those who get bored with these games quickly. We don't all interact with games the same way, so there has to be a lil something for everybody. If they did weapon dlc, I'm definitely buying.
Edited by BryllTheRed, Jan 7 2013, 04:29 PM.
DW Wishlist

Posted Image
Posted Image
Offline Profile Goto Top

Daikyō
Member Avatar
^My Bias^
I would love to see more costumes, either it's joke ones or traditional ones, also some past stages as well as weapon skins.

And i'm also wouldn't mind to see more DLC weapons. They could bring some past weapons into the series just to satisfy some people who prefer the old weapons than the new ones or simply for nostalgia sake.

The only thing i'm against with is the idea of DLC characters, we already have a lot of characters, so just save them for the next expansion or next series than being DLC.
DW8+XL Information Thread | KW Free Signatures Thread |[/big]
Read it first before you post on the main thread.
Avatar thanks to: Luboyan. :heart:
Offline Profile Goto Top

BryllTheRed
Member Avatar
The Scion Of WU
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Good Show Daikyo.. I didn't think to add the nostalgia weapon types to my list, even though I mentioned them awhile back. But... Yes absolutely yes. I have seen a lot of complaints around the forums about "so and so needs to get this weapon back!"
DW Wishlist

Posted Image
Posted Image
Offline Profile Goto Top

Guan Yinping
Member Avatar
General
[ *  *  *  * ]
All your ideas are awesome guys. ^_^ Hmmm... I would like to see the following:

Firstly, I would like to see some new costumes. Maybe crossover costumes or something modern would be nice. I also kinda miss the Bladestorm outfits so seeing those costumes would be a blast.

For stages, maybe something with a lot of traps and surprises. I always wanted a stage filled with "ZOMBIES". Maybe Zhang Jiao used a bit of magic to make the dead rise again. I know zombies are in with the new generation today so hopefully they could pull something like this.

More weapons from crossover games but something that would fit the era. The Ninja Gaiden weapons are awesome. Perhaps something new and fun, they could always use it for the next new characters right? Also, the old weapons from the past series would be nice to see as well in DLC. Oh, don’t forget the new weapon skins to make every character special in a way.

Tempted for DLC characters. But if they do add them, they could make some conversations and stuff as well as special stages for them but I can only see characters added in DLC that are not highly requested .

Now this one is a must for me:
I always dreamed of adding my own accessories and equip it on the characters that I love. Eye glasses, shades, earrings, tattoos, make up, belts, chains, necklaces, and lots more. It would be so fun to have DLC accessories for the characters to personalize a character and make them look unique in every battle and cutscene.

Most of all…. I really want a DLC feature were you can actually customize the characters head ornaments/hats and hair. I wanted tosee and to make Diao Chan or Zhen Ji’s hair flowy while wearing her latest costumes or customize it i any way you like depending on the choices. So even if you have the same costume over and over, you can still create a variety of combinations just with this feature. Loved it in DOA5 so I hope they would think about it.

Lastly, the ability to change the color choices or the color of the alternate costumes. Please make my wish come true KOEI.
Posted ImagePosted Image
Guan Yinping's Gallery
DW Character Wish List
SW Character Wish List
Offline Profile Goto Top

Mizushima Toru
Member Avatar
Guan Suo's Knight
Guan Yinping
Jan 7 2013, 05:32 PM
Now this one is a must for me:
I always dreamed of adding my own accessories and equip it on the characters that I love. Eye glasses, shades, earrings, tattoos, make up, belts, chains, necklaces, and lots more. It would be so fun to have DLC accessories for the characters to personalize a character and make them look unique in every battle and cutscene.

Most of all…. I really want a DLC feature were you can actually customize the characters head ornaments/hats and hair. I wanted tosee and to make Diao Chan or Zhen Ji’s hair flowy while wearing her latest costumes or customize it i any way you like depending on the choices. So even if you have the same costume over and over, you can still create a variety of combinations just with this feature. Loved it in DOA5 so I hope they would think about it.

Lastly, the ability to change the color choices or the color of the alternate costumes. Please make my wish come true KOEI.
Not only you me too :goodpost:

I always wanted to use customization on Diaochan or Some characters...simply because i want to see them in different costume...that way we can give daqiao her long hair again in current costume...
Wishlist
Posted Image
I am..

Offline Profile Goto Top

3 users reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
Learn More · Sign-up Now
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Archives · Next Topic »
Locked Topic

Composed & Designed by, ©KOEI Warriors, 2005-2013. All rights reserved.