Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to KOEI Warriors (Forum). We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls.

As a member you will also have access the exclusive Members Only Section where you will be privvy to a wide range of KOEI Warriors Renders, OSTs and Videos.
Registration is simple, fast, and completely free!

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features!

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Dynasty Warriors 8 + XL DLC; DLC is Downloadable Content
Topic Started: Dec 21 2012, 10:21 AM (287,616 Views)
Gaz
Member Avatar
He Qi's Homeboy
[ *  *  *  * ]
Do people ever even bother buying the Joke Weapons DLC? I know I didn't in 7, they're just a waste of money.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Bonshaquitalafondria
I stand here waiting for you to bang the gong.
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I buy them to support the release of DLC, that's it lol I'll use them once or twice. Joke weapons aren't a bad thing, it's because we get only that, if they released a pack of serious weapon skins, people would be more welcoming of Joke weapons, I think....I would appreciate them more anyway.
Edited by Bonshaquitalafondria, May 20 2013, 04:32 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

YanDaMan
Soldier
[ * ]
Late but lol @ those Shu costumes. Half of them are superhero/super sentais.

Then you got WTF ones like Guan Suo (cause he totally wasnt effeminate enough before).

At least we got a few cute ones like Xing Cai's.

also lol @ Astronaut Zhong Hui.
Offline Profile Goto Top

ThreeKingdomsWarrior
Member Avatar
Supreme Warrior-Scholar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I will buy every DLC-pack including joke ones because i would find the use for them in an possible Challenge Mode in XL, which will surely allow us to use every DLC bought before. I play those Modes a lot with a friend, even although it has no online multiplayer, and like to use every character with varying costumes and weapons.
Offline Profile Goto Top

MCG
Member Avatar
Legacy Forger
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
WarHawk
May 20 2013, 03:41 AM
Chen Gong
May 19 2013, 09:04 PM
Screw Crossbow should be for Xu Sheng imo, without a doubt!
No **** broh, it will be perfect considering it`s both melee and fire :)
Zhu Ran & Xu Sheng duo comes out? Why not? it might even in DW9! or ... maybe SF3.

Pan Zhang could come with Zhu Ran... as well as Jiang Qin. Heck It could be anyone.

Pan Zhang will come caz of Guan Xing?... haha nice joke, and stupid reason. More likely (only possibility) being added with Zhi Ran, as they have close ties and could be nice duo working together, though... they don`t really have much in common in terms of perosnallities as Zhu Ran and Xu Sheng, but it could be even advantage considering how they different were. Xu Sheng have some ties with Ran as well... so better not arguing and see what Koei decide. You and I both for Xu Sheng, when TK and Skode for Pan Zhang. Maybe even in Koei they have some hot discussion whom add next :lol:

BTW, I don`t see many people against Xu Sheng, when there are a lot of Pan Zhang non-supporters. I guess it`s because of his controversial nature, or ... novel, or something else. :sly:
If Koei chose Pan Zhang over Xu Sheng and Zhu Ran :realangry: .....

Posted Image

I would hope they'd never even discuss Pan Zhang.

If they were to give the Screw Crossbow to either Xu Sheng or Zhu Ran though I think It'll be for DW9 :) .
Offline Profile Goto Top

UpInMahBubble
Member Avatar
Bao's Knight
The joke weapons normally match some of the DLC costumes so it's nice to use them :lol:

Like Bao Sanniang in her school costume with the claws joke skin, or Dinner Lady Huang Gai with the joke club skin for example :sly:
Edited by UpInMahBubble, May 21 2013, 12:25 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Mr. Kamikaze
Member Avatar
God of War
Or Sun Quan's soccer costumes and the flail had a soccer ball and rope joke skin.

Seeing the previews of some of the joke skins, I can already guess some of the "pairings"

The spear/dragon spear and pike/crescent blade skins look very Sentai-ish. Obvious who they go to.

The IV Stand could go to either Pang Tong or Guan Ping (which means we'll probably get another medical styled weapon skin).

The gas canister and pump obviously going to Gan Ning.

The corn dogs....I dunno. Probably a DLC outfit for Others/Jin that hasn't been revealed yet (Meng Huo and Zhurong are probably gonna be all southern again). Or just one revealed already that im just not remembering...or no one. I can't imagine they will ALL be tied to an outfit, but most.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Skode
Member Avatar
King of KW
I would accept them more if they all were themed with their outfits but they are not... Gas Canister flail clearly aimed at Gas Attendant Gan Ning but Giant Hotdogs with a member of Queens Guard Taishi Ci?

Im gonna give that DLC a wide berth, it offers nothing for me. I did invest in joke weapon DLC last time round because despite in most cases being stupid as hell the final batch of joke DLC they offered for DW7 were actually the strongest weapons in the game, it was a case of like or lump it because they shafted us good and proper there.

What i want is a weapon skins pack which is rooted more in awesome and menacing designs... ive said already about these but EVERY pack of weapon skins they released last time round featured at least some daft joke weapon skins - this grated far more that it should have when it came to optional content because Orochi 3 came along and thus when it became no longer OPTIONAL i was stuck again with Taishi Ci having some of the hands down most stupid and irritating high level weapon skins i have ever seen... despite there being alternatives they could have used instead.

Some i can endure push comes to shove i suppose *sigh* as long as XL offers better weapons with grounded designs but whilst you can overlook Huang Zhong with a cupid themed bow beating someone to death with giant corn hobs was not funny even the first time round.
Offline Profile Goto Top

MCG
Member Avatar
Legacy Forger
I won't be investing into joke weapons either this time, I find them really un-amusing and pointless. I'll get DLC weapons (the proper ones), wallpapers, soundtrack and DW2-6 Costumes only.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Mr. Kamikaze
Member Avatar
God of War
Well, not all the joke skins correspond to the right characters. It was the same way in DW7. The flail in DW7 was a soccer ball, Sun Quan was the soccer player. The gloves joke skin were boxing gloves, the boxer was Sun Ce.

But some of them were to the right character. Like Zhang Jiao's hippie crooner outfit and his mic-stand staff.

I like the idea and I like matching them up, but I don't think i'll actualy buy them. I never use them...so there is no point for me.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Yunglex313
Member Avatar
Emperor's Retainer
Mr. Kamikaze
May 21 2013, 01:55 AM
Well, not all the joke skins correspond to the right characters. It was the same way in DW7. The flail in DW7 was a soccer ball, Sun Quan was the soccer player. The gloves joke skin were boxing gloves, the boxer was Sun Ce.

But some of them were to the right character. Like Zhang Jiao's hippie crooner outfit and his mic-stand staff.

I like the idea and I like matching them up, but I don't think i'll actualy buy them. I never use them...so there is no point for me.
It's basically encourage use of that as a secondary weapon.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Komatsu
Member Avatar
(ʘ‿ʘ)✿ what'd you say about my Ina

The smusou7 twitter account is revealing the Shu DLC costumes, ohoho.
Guan Ping is a physical therapist.

He can give me physical therapy anytime.
Offline Profile Goto Top

LittleMonsterSakura
Member Avatar
Cherry Blossom
Komatsu
May 21 2013, 03:35 AM

:P He may have quite a few patients.

Lately I've been wanting to call Pang Tong Dr. Giggles, but he's not an evil character.

Do they consider Guan Yinping and them like hotel staff?
Offline Profile Goto Top

Komatsu
Member Avatar

LittleMonsterSakura
May 21 2013, 03:48 AM
Komatsu

Lately I've been wanting to call Pang Tong Dr. Giggles, but he's not an evil character.

As far as I can tell for the most part people were right on the money (unlike with Wu, whoops).

Guan Yinping is a female bellhop?
Guan Xing is a bellhop, Zhang Bao is a doorman.
Liu Bei is the commander of the sentai, and I can't really tell what the sentai villians are technically called.
Pang Tong is a surgeon.
Xingcai is a golfer.
Xu Shu is a snowboarder.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Mr. Kamikaze
Member Avatar
God of War
I can't wait for the new Koei Sim game where we have to manage our own hotels and compete with other hotels and be named the Greatest Hotel of China.

Zhang Bao Doorman +5 to tourist attraction.

:hehe:
Offline Profile Goto Top

LittleMonsterSakura
Member Avatar
Cherry Blossom
Komatsu
May 21 2013, 03:52 AM
LittleMonsterSakura
May 21 2013, 03:48 AM
Komatsu

As far as I can tell for the most part people were right on the money (unlike with Wu, whoops).

Guan Yinping is a female bellhop?
Guan Xing is a bellhop, Zhang Bao is a doorman.
Liu Bei is the commander of the sentai, and I can't really tell what the sentai villians are technically called.
Pang Tong is a surgeon.
Xingcai is a golfer.
Xu Shu is a snowboarder.
She does favor a bellhop or the girl at the front desk who gives out rooms.

Would be silly, having two bellhops, Guan Yinping does have a more "Welcome, checking in?" look with her DLC.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Katatonia
Member Avatar
hehehehee

Guan Ping a physical therapist? Uh...he doesn't look like the one I had!

I WANT A REFUND! :angry:
Offline Profile Goto Top

Mr. Kamikaze
Member Avatar
God of War
Yinping does look pretty bellhop-y

She could be a receptionist, but he looks more like a female bellhop. If they even exist...I don't think i've ever seen a female bellhop. But it makes sense...a girl of her strength to be lifting suitcases and stuff.

This means Guan Ping is the only one who got a damn education of the bunch. Not like his blue collar siblings and the one who dresses like a fairy. Or his obviously mentally impaired father who dresses like a super hero.

And he's the one that dies? What a waste of promising youth.
Edited by Mr. Kamikaze, May 21 2013, 04:09 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Komatsu
Member Avatar

Yeah I had to google for female bellhop too. Apparently they exist, they're just pretty rare.
Offline Profile Goto Top

LittleMonsterSakura
Member Avatar
Cherry Blossom
Mr. Kamikaze
May 21 2013, 04:06 AM
Yinping does look pretty bellhop-y

She could be a receptionist, but she looks more like a female bellhop.

This means Guan Ping is the only one who got a damn education of the bunch. Not like his blue collar siblings and the one who dresses like a fairy. Or his obviously mentally impaired father who dresses like a super hero.

And he's the one that dies? What a waste of promising youth.
:P He had to get out of paying back those student loans.

As more for Guan Yinping, I think to me it's the hat that makes her seem more receptionist than bellhop.

Makes more sense to me to see one as the Doorman, one as the Receptionist, and one as the Bellhop.
Offline Profile Goto Top

BlackKite
Member Avatar
長宗我部菜々

@smusou7 Rising Dragon Squad - Tiger Five

まずは、ヒーロー系をまとめて紹介します。戦隊名は「昇竜戦隊タイガーファイブ」。
劉備:司令官、
趙雲:ジンレッド、
関羽:ジングリーン、
張飛:ジンブラック、
馬超:ジンブルー、
黄忠:ジンイエロー、

そして、この「昇竜戦隊タイガーファイブ」に敵対する側です。
諸葛亮:総帥、
月英:幹部、
魏延:怪人ギエーン、
劉禅:戦闘員、(ヒーロー系ここまで)
Yep, it's indeed a series of sentai-wannabe: Rising Dragon Squad - Tiger Five
The ジン Jin here could be for 仁 Benevolence, so... :ph43r:
Liu Bei: Squad Commander
Zhao Yun: Jin Red
Guan Yu: Jin Green
Zhang Fei: Jin Black
Ma Chao: Jin Blue
Huang Zhong: Jin Yellow

And the villain side
Zhuge Liang: Evil Leader
Huang Yueying: Evil Executive
Wei Yan: Monsterman Gieen
Liu Shan: Combat Goon

Rest of Shu Costumes

関平:親身な理学療法士、
ホウ統:飄然と手術をこなす天才外科医、
姜維:理想に燃える若き警察官、
星彩:クールな女子プロゴルファー、
馬岱:陽気すぎる書道家、
関索:花が似合うフィギュアスケーター、
鮑三娘:フィギュアスケート界のアイドル、
徐庶:悩み多きスノーボーダー、
関興:ボーっとして見えるベルボーイ、
張苞:世話好きなドアマン、
関銀屏:たくさん荷物を運ぶベルガール。
Guan Ping: Physiotherapist
Pang Tong: Surgeon
Jiang Wei: Policeman
Zhang Xingcai: Pro Golfer
Ma Dai: Calligrapher
Guan Suo: Figure Skater
Bao Sanniang: Figure Skate Idol
Xu Shu: Snowboarder
Guan Xing: Bellboy
Zhang Bao: Doorman
Guan Yinping: Bellgirl
Offline Profile Goto Top

lexmark
First Lieutenant
[ *  *  * ]
Komatsu
May 21 2013, 04:10 AM
Yeah I had to google for female bellhop too. Apparently they exist, they're just pretty rare.
I had to think about it as well, but I know that's what she looked like. Oh well she looks good like that and I guess that's what counts. I guess she could pass as a receptionist as well.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Mr. Kamikaze
Member Avatar
God of War
In fairness, i suppose, there isn't a whole lot of distinct identifiers for receptionists. They wear suits and stuff, nothing fancy, so it's not really a uniform. So I guess a receptionist would've been a bad idea.
Offline Profile Goto Top

LittleMonsterSakura
Member Avatar
Cherry Blossom
Komatsu
May 21 2013, 04:10 AM

Makes sense, she could pass for one, though I always see her as a receptionist

@BlackKite:

"Evil Executive" ? :XD

I can picture Guan Ping, after a long day of giving therapy, checks into the Benevolence Hotel. He is greeted by Zhang Bao, then Yinping and Xing who carry his things to his room. Guan Ping tries to get a good night's sleep when the hotel is suddenly attacked by hordes of Liu Shans. :lol:
Offline Profile Goto Top

BlackKite
Member Avatar
長宗我部菜々

LittleMonsterSakura
May 21 2013, 04:43 AM
@BlackKite:

"Evil Executive" ? :XD
Let's see how to describe it.. in sentai shows, usually the evil organization will not only have a ruler, but also some second-in-commands who are often directly under the ruler. They are called 幹部 Executive Staffs or Admins. In many cases these could be females too.

Well it's not actually limited to just sentai shows though, other things like Pokemon also have it in their villainous teams like Aqua, Magma and Galactic. :hehe:
Offline Profile Goto Top

2 users reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Archives · Next Topic »
Locked Topic

Composed & Designed by, ©KOEI Warriors, 2005-2014. All rights reserved.