Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Hello and welcome to KOEI Warriors (Forum), the official leading Rank 1 forum of ZetaBoards free online service of thousands of message boards aimed at video gaming; specifically the best KOEI TECMO fan site online! With over 35,000 forum members already a part of the community and millions of comments recorded! Thank you for visiting, we hope you enjoy the message board!

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. By signing up and experiencing KOEI Warriors message board you will have access to features that are member-only such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, voting in recognized polls, and more importantly discussion and the latest news from KOEI TECMO with fellow fans of their products. Our Members Only section via joining will grant you KOEI Warriors graphics, downloads and more.

We also have social network pages on Facebook, Twitter and a videos channel on YouTube, so please find us there.

If you need any help please don't hesitate to ask a member of staff/moderator. Thank you.

Regards,
KOEI Warriors Staff Team

Join our community at KOEI Warriors (Forum)!

Already a member? Welcome back, please login here and enjoy KOEI Warriors (Forum).

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Which system will you be getting Smash4 for?
WiiU 11 (35.5%)
3DS 8 (25.8%)
I intend to get Both versions 12 (38.7%)
Total Votes: 31
Are you excited for Smash Bros. on Nintendo Switch?
Yes 3 (75%)
Maybe, depends on what gets announced. 1 (25%)
No 0 (0%)
Total Votes: 4
Super Smash Bros. Series; Latest instalment announced for the Nintendo Switch
Topic Started: Fri Jun 7, 2013 10:06 am (48,514 Views)
Ixbran
Member Avatar
God of War
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Converting SSB4 topic into a SSB-Switch topic.

Same as before, lets talk and speculate, official trailer here:

Roster
Character NameSeriesFirst Smash AppearanceStatus
MarioMario Bros.Super Smash Bros. VeteranConfirmed
LinkZeldaSuper Smash Bros. VeteranConfirmed
SamusMetroidSuper Smash Bros. VeteranRumored
YoshiMario Bros.
Yoshi
Super Smash Bros. VeteranRumored
KirbyKirbySuper Smash Bros. VeteranRumored
Fox McCloudStar FoxSuper Smash Bros. VeteranRumored
PikachuPokemonSuper Smash Bros. VeteranRumored
Captain FalconF-ZeroSuper Smash Bros. VeteranRumored
NessEarth BoundSuper Smash Bros. VeteranRumored
Princess PeachMario Bros.Melee VeteranRumored
BowserMario Bros.Melee VeteranRumored
SheikZeldaMelee VeteranRumored
GanondorfZeldaMelee VeteranConfirmed
MarthFire EmblemMelee VeteranRumored
PitKid IcarusBrawl VeteranRumored
BayonettaBayonettaSSB4 VeteranRumored
InklingSplatoonNewcomerConfirmed
Edited by Ixbran, Fri Mar 9, 2018 11:15 pm.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Wild Lion
Member Avatar
Just A Killboy Powerhead
I wonder how they're going to top the Snake reveal from Brawl?

I hope they make some real big gameplay changes this time around - the Smash formula is getting stale after four games

theinsanething
Member Avatar
Cola Junkie
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I'm just hoping they don't bring tripping back into the game.

Catering to casual gamers with a luck-based mechanic without a way of avoiding it is never good.
Edited by theinsanething, Fri Jun 7, 2013 2:35 pm.

LittleDragonZ
Member Avatar
ReVeluv

I'm so ready for some fun with this game, it feels too long ago I was on Brawl. In terms of what I want I'm not wanting anything in particular, as I'm confident they'll impress. Although to be honest I have not really thought about it. It's this game, hoping Super Mario Galaxy 3 and the new main Zelda get announced, at least somewhat at E3.

Matsunaga Hisahide
Member Avatar
Eyes of the devil, smile of a winner
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I hope it plays like a mix of Melee and Brawl. I played Melee 5 years straight, Brawl on the other hand...after the SE story, missions and some hours spent in the online waiting lobby beating that sandbag I stopped playing it.

Hope they get back the Melee charm that got so many people hooked on that game, paired with the graphics, modes and new ideas (except for tripping...that needs to trip and die) of Brawl.

I don´t even really care for the characters, as long as the gameplay is more like Melee than Brawl, I´m ready to go. In fact, I´d buy the game if it´s just Melee HD with some newly added characters. :whistle:

Watchtower
Member Avatar
A True Musou Star
[ *  *  *  * ]
Shouldn't it be Smash 4...? :lol:

I do appreciate a lot of what Brawl was trying to do (except random tripping, that needs to die in a fire), but ultimately it tried too hard to appeal to casual gamers, to the point where it seemed to actively fight the tournament scene that kept Melee alive so long.

Bump up the graphics (now that the Wii U can actually compete with the current gen), make the gameplay more like Melee's, make whatever story mode they have more like Melee's Adventure Mode (it was a good idea in theory, but just wasn't executed well), and make sure the online actually works. Do all that, and this game will be amazing.

Ixbran
Member Avatar
God of War
Personally after Brawl was released, i never touched Melee again after. Loved re-playing Brawls storyline more than the actual battle mode. I hope that the story mode for the new one is identical. Hell i wouldn't mind if they do what Koei does and just re-do the story, but with changes with the additional characters.

either way, June 11'th is only one day away. just one more day T w T

HokutoNoBen
Member Avatar
Supreme Warrior-Scholar
Watchtower
Mon Jun 10, 2013 2:25 pm
Shouldn't it be Smash 4...? :lol:

I do appreciate a lot of what Brawl was trying to do (except random tripping, that needs to die in a fire), but ultimately it tried too hard to appeal to casual gamers, to the point where it seemed to actively fight the tournament scene that kept Melee alive so long.

Bump up the graphics (now that the Wii U can actually compete with the current gen), make the gameplay more like Melee's, make whatever story mode they have more like Melee's Adventure Mode (it was a good idea in theory, but just wasn't executed well), and make sure the online actually works. Do all that, and this game will be amazing.
Yeah...this.^

With Melee actually making it to EVO, that should only serve as additional proof to Sakurai and Nintendo that they don't HAVE to shy away from the competitive aspect of Smash. I mean, for crying out loud, they seemingly have no problem doing such for Pokemon. And that's a game where you have to practically do some hardcore stats charting and have an intricate knowledge of the metagame (EVs, IVs, etc.) to hang there!

I think about the kinds of things that Nintendo could be doing with Smash in a similar manner to how they've done with PKMN, and can only shake my head that they have yet to do so. But I can only hope that between them having access to a plethora of people who have experience making fighting games (to say the least, they got staff credited with working on Tekken, Soulcalibur and Gundam Vs.)? They really should have an awesome game on their hands.

Or at least...Sakurai won't have to balance by himself anymore, which should HOPEFULLY make it so we won't have any more instances of clearly overpowered characters like MetaKnight ever again... :hehe:

NineSeven
Member Avatar
"The mind shall vanquish the sword!"
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
So Megaman is really in? Really really awesome. And a new character called Villager? i duno maybe he is from AnimalCrossing? lol. The website will be opened today, but i haven't a link yet

Trailer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xM9weAXCqxY
Mega Man:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mME569si9hY

Edit:
Official Page: http://www.smashbros.com

I hope they will add each week somethign to the page, like they did with the previous ones, too
Edited by NineSeven, Tue Jun 11, 2013 4:01 pm.

UpInMahBubble
Member Avatar
STAN LOONA
Yeah Villager must be from Animal Crossing given how much hype New Leaf had.

The hype level I have for this game is ridiculously high I want it now :D
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Mr. Kamikaze
Member Avatar
God of War
People were saying Mega Man, was that a joke or did I miss something?

Either way, I suppose it is time to buy a WiiU. So hype!

dancingswan
Member Avatar

The game looks amazing! Megaman was good choice to reveal since he is super popular. Not a fan myself, but I love all new characters. I think the villager looks like he's going to be a lot of fun too.

I still won't be pleased until Waluigi joins though. :beard:

Xalfrea
Member Avatar
Keyblade hero
I was sooooo disappointed.

Not because of the reveals. Oh no. My Internet just HAD to conk out during a thunderstorm and I missed out the initial reveal on the Direct. But now that I've watched the two trailers, I'm massively pumped.

The Villager being in is quite unexpected. Given the amount of actual Animal Crossing characters, just using the average player character is a surprise. His moveset appears to borrow a lot from its game. Intrigued.

And MEGA MAN. Holy crap, MEGA MAN. Can't believe he's finally in. His initial moveset brings to mind Marvel VS Capcom, and it appears he has access to various Robot Master moves.

From MM1: Guts Man
From MM2: Metal Man, Crash Man, Wood Man
From MM3: Hard Man, Spark Man
From MM6: Flame Man
From MM7: Slash Man
From MM8: Sword Man
-----------------
The Cel shaded graphics for the 3DS actually suit it very well. It goes out of the way to show that it's not just a mere Wii U port.

Astus
Member Avatar

It had a pretty good trailer and I'm excited for it. I'll probably pick up the 3DS version though since I can't see myself purchasing a Wii-U. The Villager is a creeper though, haha. :hehe:

Moogle
Member Avatar
but first...
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Ahhhhh, looks amazing. I hope the website is update daily like it was with brawl, I remember it used to be exactly 7am every morning pahahaha

Megaman is a great choice; a nice iconic and timeless character that actually fits, unlike a lot of suggestions that people throw out there for Smash Bros.

And Villager is cool, I kinda wanted Tom Nook originally but seeing Villager in action has impressed me! Animal Crossing was a franchise in well deserving need of a character though! :)

Katatonia
Member Avatar
destroy.erase.improve

I still stand my wanting Imagawa to be a background troll and grow big like Stay Puft and throw kemari balls at the unsuspecting combatants :lol:

Matsunaga Hisahide
Member Avatar
Not getting a Wii U...glad I bought a 3DS Megaman here I come! :dance:

Mr. Kamikaze
Member Avatar
God of War
You know what would suck, i the 3DS version cut some characters.

I like the cell shading look, but I don't like how small and compact the stages look. Obviously, the small screen makes that necessary, but i don't like it. It's so crowded and stuffy.
Edited by Mr. Kamikaze, Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:13 pm.

Matsunaga Hisahide
Member Avatar
Most of the stages that were bigger, were terribly f´n awful.
So I´m glad they changed the sizes. It also enforces a more aggressive playstyle, instead of just stage-hogging all the fun by laming it out, like Street Fighter Cross Tekken.

And yes, I have heard about this at well. Though I heard that the 3DS will have characters the Wii U doesn´t and vice versa.
So it´s like Pokemon all over again - want to catch´em all? Go catch your wallet first.

Joshelplex
Member Avatar
The Nightmare of Winnipeg
The stages were tiny in Brawl though, for the most part. The stage design in general took a huge nosedive after the original. that's one thing they really need to fix up.

Ixbran
Member Avatar
God of War
Link is still using his Twilight Princess design, so that means so will Zelda and Ganondorf ... all my fears are lay to rest.

= w =

Also, happy to see them going with classic Megaman, rather than any of his future incarnations. Nothing beats the original blue bomber that started it all.

Cereal Killer
Member Avatar
Tiger General
[ *  *  *  * ]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQD1yJinzeQ A bunch of info in this video that I have yet to see in this thread.

First is that there's a third new character revealed, the Wii Fit Trainer, she uses fitness moves to stay healthy and the exercises from the Wii Fit.

Second it has been confirmed that the new SSB will feature different stages on handheld and console.

Third, both consoles will have the same number of characters, this likely means they could have a couple of different characters, I wouldnt be surprised to see moveset clones of each other like Chrom and Marth for example, but on different consoles.

Matsunaga Hisahide
Member Avatar
Not mine, cause I hope for christ´s mother´s sake that Ganondorf finally gets a freakin´ own moveset.
Like, the move that everyone knows, his freakin magic light ball? The awesome sword he used in Twilight Sword?

Please Sakurai, for Zelda fan´s sakes, don´t use Capt. Falcon and slap a Ganondorf skin on him for a third time.

EDIT: Wii Fit Train...why...just...why?
No one imagined him? Yeah cause...just no.

Oh man...even the dog in Duck Hunt would´ve been better, as people actually asked for that.
Edited by Matsunaga Hisahide, Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:58 pm.

Cereal Killer
Member Avatar
Tiger General
[ *  *  *  * ]
Also it's interesting to note that on the main site http://www.smashbros.com/us/ all of the characters except for the wii fit trainer have both 3ds and wii u screenshots, maybe she's one of those console only characters, with someone else entirely on portable?

dancingswan
Member Avatar

What the heck? Wii Fit Trainer? Seriously? Really dumb choice. I would've rather have a goomba. :facepalm:

Not really liking the console exclusives. I already own a 3DS, but I'm using this game as an excuse to get the WiiU. But it seems I'm just going to have to get both. :mellow:

3 users reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous)
Members: Scuttlest
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Fighting Games · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Composed & Designed by, ©KOEI Warriors, 2005-2017. All rights reserved.