Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to KOEI Warriors (Forum). We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls.

As a member you will also have access the exclusive Members Only Section where you will be privvy to a wide range of KOEI Warriors Renders, OSTs and Videos.
Registration is simple, fast, and completely free!

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Dynasty Warriors 8 - Hypothetical Guide; Info how to unlock star objectives!
Topic Started: Jul 17 2013, 12:00 AM (413,157 Views)
Wynter
Member Avatar
YAS HUNTY.
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Posted Image

As you already know, the game will now feature Hypothetical Stages (also known as 'What-if' scenarios in the Japanese Version). These stages will feature events and special cutscenes. So, I have compiled this guide on how to unlock these 'Star' objectives.

**KEY**
Red Box/Arrow = Star Objective

Posted Image
***SHU KINGDOM***

Spoiler: click to toggle

Posted Image***WU KINGDOM***

Posted Image***WEI KINGDOM***

Posted Image***JIN KINGDOM***

Edited by Wynter, Jul 27 2013, 05:37 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Mr. Kamikaze
Member Avatar
God of War
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Brilliant, this is helping me a lot! Finishing up Shu right now. Going smoothly.

Wei is next on my list (going chronologically) so I hope you have Wei up soon!

Thanks for this.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Wynter
Member Avatar
YAS HUNTY.
Mr. Kamikaze
Jul 17 2013, 04:12 AM
Brilliant, this is helping me a lot! Finishing up Shu right now. Going smoothly.

Wei is next on my list (going chronologically) so I hope you have Wei up soon!

Thanks for this.
Ive added Wei! :D

The objectives are quite easy to complete but the missions are annoying due to the amount. Some will require fast killing, babysitting and on horseback!

PeJ
Member Avatar
Lonely shadow tiger
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Wynter : if you want, you can use my videos to help you in your work.
All my videos show how to get the star or/and 5 star weapons

SnowMan
Member Avatar
Say my name, bitches!
Thanks for this, now I don't have to clog up the main thread asking for help. This'll be a huge help.

Yunglex313
Member Avatar
Emperor's Retainer
Is completing the mission at Nanjun really that difficult without playing as Zhou Yu? I was watch videos and it looks like Lu Meng has to pull a stealth mission through Cao Cao's entire Army, TWICE, which seems rather fun to pull off, where Zhou Yu's decoy missions, why make sense, doesn't let me get a good shot at scenery, which sucks cause NANJUN LOOKS AWESOME!

Wynter
Member Avatar
YAS HUNTY.
@Snowman - no worries :) Il be adding Jin now! :D

@Yunglex - I recommend using Zhou Yu because he got shot and his lifebar isnt full and the amount of troops that spawn near the bridge is ridiculous, he can die easily even on easy difficulty. So yeah I suggest using him :)

Edited by Wynter, Jul 17 2013, 11:35 PM.

Téa
Member Avatar
Goddess of Mercy
[ *  * ]
What is the trick to defeating the withdrawing officers in the Defense of Xu Province? I've taken various approaches to it, including what the tip had mentioned, but for whatever reason, I can't complete it.

Ryuken
Member Avatar
Last Survivor of Azai Clan
Nice Job, Wynter! Better than my Story mode Guide. :)

The Nightbringer
Member Avatar
Heir of Wei
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Tao Qian is one quick guy. I can't seem to defeat his dudes fast enough..

Yunglex313
Member Avatar
Emperor's Retainer
So you really can't keep Zhuge Dan from Dying? Damn it Koei, it would have been nice to see him and Zhao make up.

Mr. Kamikaze
Member Avatar
God of War
Tea
Jul 18 2013, 12:57 AM
What is the trick to defeating the withdrawing officers in the Defense of Xu Province? I've taken various approaches to it, including what the tip had mentioned, but for whatever reason, I can't complete it.
I don't know that there is an exact trick other than BE FAST

I don't really remember how the stage plays out exactly, but I do know it pays to make sure you're in a position to take off once Guo Jia signals the retreat, and you just immediately run (on a horse, with some musou saved up if possible).

Once he calls for the retreat, they will all head to the same point, which is the gate on the bottom left of the map, so try to at least be on that middle path (where Guan Yu would be I believe) around that time, so once Guo Jia tells everyone to run, bolt down that path a fast as you can and go down that cliff there and if you're fast enough you can catch them all half way, and if you have awakening stored up, kill them all.

That's how I did it, and it wasn't all that hard really, but it came down to understanding where they were going and where I needed to be and how to get there. Here's the map (courtesy of Wynter) map

That's the Wei side map, so dont pay attention to the troop positions or the red lines Wynter made.

Liu Bei 7
Member Avatar
Emperor's Retainer
I can't unlock the Battle of Chencang in Shu's Jieting stage. Is there a way to know if I succeeded before the end of the battle so I don't have to go through the entire mission to find out I've failed? I've tried this like 10 times and for some reason I'm not doing it properly. Any tips?

Wynter
Member Avatar
YAS HUNTY.
I will update this later and add more tips and validation :)

PeJ
Member Avatar
Lonely shadow tiger
Tea
At the beginning of the stage, choose playing Zhang Fei, go to the catapults directly using the south path and hit no one until you are at the catapult.
Defeat the catapul keeper, and use catapults on dragons.
Then Defeat Li Dian in his base, jump from Li Dian base to the path under where Yue Jin is.
Go directly on the south west base and wait here.
Yue Jin will give an order to all his officer to go back in the base.
From this point, you have to kill all officers who wants to go back in their base (south west base)

Ixbran
Member Avatar
Legend
thank you for this, it has made unlocking the alternate paths so much more easier.

Wynter
Member Avatar
YAS HUNTY.
PeJ
Jul 18 2013, 07:06 AM
Tea
At the beginning of the stage, choose playing Zhang Fei, go to the catapults directly using the south path and hit no one until you are at the catapult.
Defeat the catapul keeper, and use catapults on dragons.
Then Defeat Li Dian in his base, jump from Li Dian base to the path under where Yue Jin is.
Go directly on the south west base and wait here.
Yue Jin will give an order to all his officer to go back in the base.
From this point, you have to kill all officers who wants to go back in their base (south west base)
It doesnt matter which character you use as long as you defeat the reinforcements AFTER Guo Jia gives the orders. You just need to be fast. The side missions doesnt affect the star objective.

@Ixbran - No problemo :)

Hero of Chaos
Member Avatar
魏王
Yup, thanks for doing that. I'll already use it in my first playthrough right away so I know how to avoid the hypothetical routes completely. :lol:

I have a small question. Say you let Zhang Jiao survive in the YTR, but fail all other star missions and don't get the hypothetical route, will Zhang Jiao alone still appear at Shu's Fan Castle? Or will Guo Jia appear at Chibi if you rescue him but fail all other missions?

ciaphascainx
Soldier
[ * ]
Hey Wynter, really appreciate the guide and all the hard work you've put into this. However, I seem to be having a problem in my game and am at a loss as to what to do.

I cannot get Xu Shu to show up at Fan Castle to unlock the Hypothetical Shu Route. I have saved the Peasants during the Yellow Turban Rebellion, killed the retreating enemies at Xu Province (As well as letting them flee in an alternate playthrough), found Xu Shu after the Fire Attack, saved Pang Tong at Cheng Du, and defeated Cao Xiu.

Despite all of this, Xu Shu has not shown himself at the Fan Castle camp. Do you or anyone else here have any idea why this is? I'm honestly at a loss and am slightly frustrated that I cannot open Shu's Hypothetical route. Do I have to beat Shu's normal route first?

Any help is much appreciated.

Wynter
Member Avatar
YAS HUNTY.
Hero of Chaos
Jul 18 2013, 09:06 PM
Yup, thanks for doing that. I'll already use it in my first playthrough right away so I know how to avoid the hypothetical routes completely. :lol:

I have a small question. Say you let Zhang Jiao survive in the YTR, but fail all other star missions and don't get the hypothetical route, will Zhang Jiao alone still appear at Shu's Fan Castle? Or will Guo Jia appear at Chibi if you rescue him but fail all other missions?
He wont appear in Fan Castle because Xu Shu needs to be there. He will unlock the hypothetical route. Zhang Jiao isnt meant to be in Fan Castle anyway :P

@ciaphascainx - Can you check if all the star objectives are done? you probably missed something :)
Edited by Wynter, Jul 18 2013, 09:49 PM.

Hero of Chaos
Member Avatar
魏王
Wynter
Jul 18 2013, 09:47 PM
Hero of Chaos

He wont appear in Fan Castle because Xu Shu needs to be there. He will unlock the hypothetical route. Zhang Jiao isnt meant to be in Fan Castle anyway :P
Okay, thanks. I was asking because I think I've seen Guo Jia run around at Chibi some time ago although the player chose to play the historical route, but that's probably because of him having unlocked the hypothetical before.

ciaphascainx
Soldier
[ * ]
Wynter
Hero of Chaos

@ciaphascainx - Can you check if all the star objectives are done? you probably missed something :)
Seems like all the stars that are available for the Shu missions so far are filled out (Gold) except for Fan Castle of course, because no Xu Shu. I also ran by the checklist in your guide one more time to make sure, and i've completed all the objectives up to Fan Castle as you've listed them there.

At this point i'm baffled. Did I have to use Huang Zhong at Mt. Ding Jun? I got the star objective but playing as Huang Zhong was listed as one of your tips. Do I perhaps have to beat Shu's regular route first?

Once again, thanks for the all the help. Shouldn't be so confusing to enjoy Dynasty Warriors. I remember back in the day when 90% of the musou modes where the same!

Quick edit: Do I have to perhaps play Hu Lao Gate again now that i've "saved' Zhang Jiao to get him to show up there? Does that affect anything?
Edited by ciaphascainx, Jul 18 2013, 09:59 PM.

Wynter
Member Avatar
YAS HUNTY.
ciaphascainx
Jul 18 2013, 09:56 PM
Wynter
Hero of Chaos

Seems like all the stars that are available for the Shu missions so far are filled out (Gold) except for Fan Castle of course, because no Xu Shu. I also ran by the checklist in your guide one more time to make sure, and i've completed all the objectives up to Fan Castle as you've listed them there.

At this point i'm baffled. Did I have to use Huang Zhong at Mt. Ding Jun? I got the star objective but playing as Huang Zhong was listed as one of your tips. Do I perhaps have to beat Shu's regular route first?

Once again, thanks for the all the help. Shouldn't be so confusing to enjoy Dynasty Warriors. I remember back in the day when 90% of the musou modes where the same!

Quick edit: Do I have to perhaps play Hu Lao Gate again now that i've "saved' Zhang Jiao to get him to show up there? Does that affect anything?
You dont have to beat the normal route first and you can use Huang Zhong just for the extra dialogue.

Play Chibi again, and this time use Zhuge Liang and approach Xu Shu, they should have a small conversation about joining back to Shu.

ciaphascainx
Soldier
[ * ]
Trouble shooting for days. Sorry for making you walk through all these hoops Wynter. I've already played Chibi once with Zhuge Liang as you recommended in your guide and met with Xu Shu and all that. Should I do it again for posterity?

Yunglex313
Member Avatar
Emperor's Retainer
Hero of Chaos

Well it's possible for Dian Wei to appear at Chibi regardless of the route. I think it's merely the characters that have huge influence on the battle, like Xu Shu, Guo Jia, Zhou Yu, Wen Yang. The ones who are you save and become playable at that stage still show up, so you get scenes like Dian Wei running from Chibi with Cao Cao, Xu Zhu, and Zhang Liao, or Lu Su retreating from Hefei with Sun Quan.

14 users reading this topic (14 Guests and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Dynasty Warriors Series Guides · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Composed & Designed by, ©KOEI Warriors, 2005-2014. All rights reserved.