Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to KOEI Warriors (Forum). We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls.

As a member you will also have access the exclusive Members Only Section where you will be privvy to a wide range of KOEI Warriors Renders, OSTs and Videos.
Registration is simple, fast, and completely free!

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Dynasty Warriors 8 - Hypothetical Guide; Info how to unlock star objectives!
Topic Started: Jul 17 2013, 12:00 AM (430,306 Views)
Mr. Kamikaze
Member Avatar
God of War
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
No, he is supposed to withdraw. Now just replay Fan Castle (assuming you've done all the other star objectives) and he should show up now.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Neo Juste Belmont
Member Avatar
I AM A MAN!! *punch!*
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
If this hasn't been said, I've got to say something.

In Xiang Yang Castle, to complete the hypothetical objective, you must only defeat Lu Gong AFTER he said he's retreating. Otherwise Sun Jian will still die. He'll mention this after you defeated several officers in the map, so don't bull-rush to the one guarding the drawbridge on Han Dang's route and jump in to kill Lu Gong ASAP. Lower the drawbridge and wait there, if you've been doing well, your allies will already do the job in killing the officers. Once Lu Gong declares about withdrawing, jump to the castle, then bull-rush to kill Lu Gong.

UpInMahBubble
Member Avatar
Bao's Knight
He only retreats when you lower the drawbridge. The second you land in the castle he talks about retreating and makes a beeline for the escape point.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Neo Juste Belmont
Member Avatar
I AM A MAN!! *punch!*
Trust me, I tried. I lowered the drawbridge, and instantly jumped in. I killed him before he said a thing and Sun Jian died.

Then I tried lowering the drawbridge and doing nothing. And I had to wait for one or two minutes before Lu Gong even said about retreating. That's when I jumped.

Skode
Member Avatar
King of KW
Neo Juste Belmont
Jul 24 2013, 07:30 AM
Trust me, I tried. I lowered the drawbridge, and instantly jumped in. I killed him before he said a thing and Sun Jian died.

Then I tried lowering the drawbridge and doing nothing. And I had to wait for one or two minutes before Lu Gong even said about retreating. That's when I jumped.
Thats half the bother - you killed him before he said a thing. He has to declare that he will get revenge and its announced he is leaving the battlefield. Kill him then and your sorted

Sparkes27
Member Avatar
Elite Soldier
[ *  * ]
Excuse me if this is interrupting but in Wen Qin's and Guanqui Jian's Rebellion, I followed the walkthrough up to the part where you have to defeat everyone but Guanqui, Wen Qin and Wen Yang, and the officers wouldn't come out of the garrisons. I played as Sima Shi if that helps you. Can anyone tell me if I did anything wrong please?

Liu Bei 7
Member Avatar
Emperor's Retainer
Sparkes27
Jul 24 2013, 02:27 PM
Excuse me if this is interrupting but in Wen Qin's and Guanqui Jian's Rebellion, I followed the walkthrough up to the part where you have to defeat everyone but Guanqui, Wen Qin and Wen Yang, and the officers wouldn't come out of the garrisons. I played as Sima Shi if that helps you. Can anyone tell me if I did anything wrong please?
After defeating the Wu troops did you jump down from the nearby cliff? I think you need to do that and slowly over time, they will start advancing I think.

Sparkes27
Member Avatar
Elite Soldier
[ *  * ]
Liu Bei 7
Jul 24 2013, 02:29 PM
Sparkes27
Jul 24 2013, 02:27 PM
After defeating the Wu troops did you jump down from the nearby cliff? I think you need to do that and slowly over time, they will start advancing I think.
I did jump dow the cliff and waited for about 5 minutes for them to come out. Although, at the same time, everyone else attacked the Wens

Mr. Kamikaze
Member Avatar
God of War
You do have to jump down from the cliff, make sure you defeat all Wu reinforcements before they can meet up with the Wei forces too, which shoudn't be too hard. They all come from that spawn point on the left path you should be taking. I think two groups of reinforcements come from that point and then Ding Feng shows up in the North, go up and kill him and whoever he brought with him then jump down from the cliff.

Once you do that, it'll say the pincer attack failed. You need that to happen. Do not go through the castle (where the Wu reinforcements spawn) if you go through that castle, you're fulfilling the pincer attack objective and you won't be able to do the star objective.

Anyway, once you're down the cliff the pincer attack will fail, Sima Zhao will be himself and then call for a ram. Just hang out in the center there and they'll slowly come out of their garrisons, not all at once, more like two at a time or so. So be patient.

Sparkes27
Member Avatar
Elite Soldier
[ *  * ]
Oh, mine didn't say that the pincer had failed. Thanks for the help

Zang Ba
Member Avatar
Officer
[ *  * ]
Ok so how do you unlock the Wu Hypothetical Route? I have done every single star objective but yet Zhou Yu is know where to be found at He Fei. He's not in the camp or in the cut scene and doesn't offer the alternative game start. :help:
"TIP - You must pick Lu Meng in this battle, somehow the AI controlled one is a dumbass and this will cause you to fail the missions." Oh, Wynter you're so funny I found this out the hard way!
Edited by Zang Ba, Jul 24 2013, 10:01 PM.

Aliyankee
Member Avatar
Soldier
[ * ]
WYNTER
Jul 17 2013, 12:00 AM
Stage 6 - Battle of Mt. Tielong
*Difficulty of getting star objective = 3/5
*Objective
1. Successfully rescuing Guo Huai will affect the Battle of Xu Chang.

2. Successfully rescuing Guo Huai will enable him to appear during the rebellion by the two officers.

TIP - This is a pretty tricky stage to complete on your first playthrough. First defeat the officer 'Han Shu' when the gate open, then after that ignore the mission that comes after. Press start and go to the Battlefield Info and locate the officer called Li Jian, make sure you defeat him as he will steal the Wei uniform and retreat. After that Xingcai will dispatch the wooden oxen which is actually a ploy for a fire attack, destroy the wooden oxen and defeat Xingcai. Han Su come back later and use the Wei uniform to pretend as one of the Wei officers and then kill Guo Huai. Here is a map to help.
I cant see Han Shu unless you mean Jiang Shu
And the one who returns later on is Li Jian and i defeated him before he retreats and finally what do you mean by kill Gou Huai the whole stage is about rescuing him and sorry for taking too long to explain ^_^

Wynter
Member Avatar
FFXV
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Aliyankee
Jul 24 2013, 10:06 PM
And the one who returns later on is Li Jian and i defeated him before he retreats and finally what do you mean by kill Gou Huai the whole stage is about rescuing him and sorry for taking too long to explain ^_^
I was actually editing some stuff before you posted this! haha! xD

Quote:

Li Jian come back later and use the Wei uniform to pretend as one of the Wei officers and then kill Guo Huai.

^this refers to the officer Li Jian, he will use the Wei uniform as a form of disguise and then he will kill Guo Huai.

@Zang Ba - Lol you didnt play as Lu Meng in Fan Castle? Did you have to babysit him all the time then? Hes worse on chaos mode if you dont pick him, he just wanders off everywhere!!

Aliyankee
Member Avatar
Soldier
[ * ]
WYNTER
Jul 24 2013, 10:32 PM
Aliyankee

Quote:

Li Jian come back later and use the Wei uniform to pretend as one of the Wei officers and then kill Guo Huai.

^this refers to the officer Li Jian, he will use the Wei uniform as a form of disguise and then he will kill Guo Huai.

@Zang Ba - Lol you didnt play as Lu Meng in Fan Castle? Did you have to babysit him all the time then? Hes worse on chaos mode if you dont pick him, he just wanders off everywhere!!
Sorry for the misunderstanding then and i did it anyways thanks tho

Zang Ba
Member Avatar
Officer
[ *  * ]
WYNTER
Jul 24 2013, 10:32 PM
Aliyankee

Quote:

Quote:

I defeated both Mi Fang and Fu Shiren and then proceeded the battle, preventing the floodgates but saw some officers on the south side of the map so I went to kill them. The order was giving to take out guan yu and lu meng was in the south side of the map and went through the bottom gate and got plowed over by the arbalest lol.

Disputer
Member Avatar
Field Marshal
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
I can't get the bloody star on Bailiang! I babysat Guo Jia the whole way using Jia Xu and he still died at the end. He reached Yuan Tan and Shang first, and I left his side briefly to rid the main camp of Yuan Xi. Would any of these affect his survival?

Mr. Kamikaze
Member Avatar
God of War
Yeah probably don't break away from him until he hits the point at the top of the map. That circular garrison, he'll (and Zhang Liao) will stop moving as soon as they reach that garrison (except for when troops get too close, they'll go kill those troops then go back to the garrison thing).

Once he's there, then you can break off and do whatever, then rush back when the reinforcements arrive. Which means you might have to fail a few objectives.

Goldskarr
Member Avatar
Tiger General
[ *  *  *  * ]
So how about that Fan Castle for Shu? I did every single star objective, I met Xu Shu as Zhuge Liang, killed Cao Xiu (How does that affect anything, anyway?), stopped Guo Jia's reinforcements, saved the peasant at the Yellow Turban Rebellion... And Xu Shu apparently got drunk and forgot to show up or something.

UpInMahBubble
Member Avatar
Bao's Knight
Did you save Pang Tong?
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Goldskarr
Member Avatar
Tiger General
[ *  *  *  * ]
I knew I was forgetting to mention something, but yes. I checked the stage select and every stage that has a star also has that star filled in.

Mr. Kamikaze
Member Avatar
God of War
If you have all the star objectives completed for sure, try selecting play all at Fan Castle, or select play all from the stage before Fan Castle and just play it through again.

Goldskarr
Member Avatar
Tiger General
[ *  *  *  * ]
I guess you just have to complete Fan Castle once, because after I beat it, I selected it, hit Play Stage, skipped the scene, and Xu Shu apparently sobered up.

Mic1988
First Lieutenant
[ *  *  * ]
If we miss one of them, can we go back and do it on the select stage and get it so that we'll unlock it? I missed the wipe out withdrawing enemies for Xu Province and I don't wanna have to start it all over again.

Mr. Kamikaze
Member Avatar
God of War
Yeah, you can ust go back select "play stage" and do it that way.

Mic1988
First Lieutenant
[ *  *  * ]
That's a relief.

5 users reading this topic (5 Guests and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Dynasty Warriors Series Guides · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Composed & Designed by, ©KOEI Warriors, 2005-2014. All rights reserved.