Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to KOEI Warriors (Forum). We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls.

As a member you will also have access the exclusive Members Only Section where you will be privvy to a wide range of KOEI Warriors Renders, OSTs and Videos.
Registration is simple, fast, and completely free!

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features!

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
DW8 5th Weapon Guide; READ EVERYTHING! May put on Gamefaqs
Topic Started: Aug 11 2013, 10:05 AM (4,079 Views)
Mr. Crusader
Member Avatar
#LeeJoonismyHuzzy
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Posted Image

As the description said, I will try to keep this thread updated as much as possible. So to speak, when I obtain a weapon, I will post the guide as soon as possible. However, as of 8/19/13, I have to go back to school and although I am being homeschooled this year it will still be quite difficult to put the guides up due to schoolwork. About 3 to 4 hours every 5 days, as of said date, the guides I post will most likely be less frequently posted. So don't ask me, "Why haven't you posted a guide?" after said date.
Until then, I will post no more than 5 new guides for every kingdom per week. The number of weapon guides I post may be random.
Now here are the requirements for the 5th weapons:

• You must use the weapon's main owner in order to get the weapon. But likewise, you don't have to use the owner's weapon. Like for example, you can play as Ling Tong with a halberd and nunchaku equipped when hunting down his weapon, but you MUST play as him on that level where he gets his 5th weapon in order to receive the weapon. Having his EX weapon with him is optional.
  • Always, always, always play on free mode for treasure hunts. You're going to need your fastest mounts for some of these. Plus, it's relatively not that much of a drag as it is to play on story mode. Only play on story mode unless you absolutely have to.
  • If you do not have experience playing on hard or higher on older DW, SW, or WO games then I strongly suggest playing a few stages here and there on hard or higher (not on older games, if you don't want to. You can, if you do though) on DW8. Hard mode is not as easy as it used to be back in DW7 and WO3, so try playing a few stages in Ambition Mode or Free Mode on Hard. In fact, if you've never done Chaos then definitely play hard mode.
  • Try taking with you a 3 star/dotted weapon or a rare 1, 2, or 3 star weapon or higher with you. Never take a 1 or 2 dotted weapon on hard, unless you're weapon attributes and attack power are all maxed out and your character is at least level 50. Otherwise, take the recommended weapons.
  • I recommend equipping the following character skills: Accuracy, Havoc, Attack Boost, and Rage Springs. Accuracy, Rage Springs, Mighty Roar, Attack/Defense Boost. Accuracy, Health Boost, Musou Springs/Rage Springs, Attack Boost. You'll need all the attack power you need.
  • For weapon attributes, take the following: Inferno, Cyclone, Frost, Thunder, Fury, Awe, Fear, Velocity. Take at least 2 to 4 of these skills with you.

Now without further ado, here are the guides:
(Note: The guides may be out of order for characters).

Spoiler: click to toggle

Offline Profile Goto Top

annastrife
Member Avatar
Qiao's Butler
[ *  *  * ]
Maybe you'll need to write down "Cyclone is a must". you see, Hard and Chaos Mode Officer really blocks alot.

and so far, Nice Guide, Keep it up ^^
Edited by annastrife, Aug 12 2013, 02:37 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

KNIGHTMARE
Member Avatar
Soldier
[ * ]
annastrife
Aug 12 2013, 02:37 AM
Maybe you'll need to write down "Cyclone is a must". you see, Hard and Chaos Mode Officer really blocks alot.

and so far, Nice Guide, Keep it up ^^
Guard breaking weapons are very helpful when dealing with officers who constantly block. As an example Zhong Hui's swords normal attack X2 then strong attack will go through an enemy officer's block. Lu Bu's Halberd (normal attack X4 then strong attack) goes through their block and does a fair amount of damage. There are quite a few characters who have weapons that can accomplish this I highly recommend them as there is no escape from attacks like that. ^_^

Also thank you for this guide Crusader13 very helpful!
Edited by KNIGHTMARE, Aug 13 2013, 01:47 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Skode
Member Avatar
King of KW
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Guide is shaping up well... keep up the good work
Offline Profile Goto Top

BMaster
Member Avatar
Officer
[ *  * ]
After reading through the guide there, I have couple of things to note.

1. Yue Jin - Don't you actually have to defeat Liu Pi first to trigger the appearance of Xu Zhu near the bridge?

2. Sima Zhao - You forgot to mention that you need to kill Ma Dai first, for the 2nd time, to open the Cheng Du castle gates when you approach near it. In fact, I believe you also have to kill Zhao Zhi(IIRC) and the Unit Commander that appear together with Ma Dai to open the gates. And when Guan Yinping comes out at the Eastern garrison, you need to kill not just her but also the officers that appear together with her to get to Yue Ying.

3. Think it might actually be better if you include 5th weapon walkthrough for each forces separately as opposed to inside one another. ;)
Offline Profile Goto Top

Mr. Crusader
Member Avatar
#LeeJoonismyHuzzy
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
BMaster
Aug 13 2013, 11:13 AM
After reading through the guide there, I have couple of things to note.

1. Yue Jin - Don't you actually have to defeat Liu Pi first to trigger the appearance of Xu Zhu near the bridge?

2. Sima Zhao - You forgot to mention that you need to kill Ma Dai first, for the 2nd time, to open the Cheng Du castle gates when you approach near it. In fact, I believe you also have to kill Zhao Zhi(IIRC) and the Unit Commander that appear together with Ma Dai to open the gates. And when Guan Yinping comes out at the Eastern garrison, you need to kill not just her but the officers that appear together with her to get to Yue Ying.

3. Think it might actually be better if you include 5th weapon walkthrough for each forces separately as opposed to inside one another. ;)
Thanks man :) I will edit it ASAP. It keeps merging the posts I put, as that was my original idea to have them seperately. Any idea how to delete the post and start it over. Was kind of annoyed they kept merging it myself, tbh.
Edited by Mr. Crusader, Aug 14 2013, 12:01 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Wynter
Member Avatar
YAS HUNTY.
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
You cannot double post, you must wait till the next day to prevent it from merging together. So far this guide is excellent, better than the other one, very detailed but can be improved! :)
Offline Profile Goto Top

Skode
Member Avatar
King of KW
Its getting a big messy purely because of the admirable level of detail your putting into it, perhaps it would be more ideal to do a separate post for each kingdom for ease of access and use.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Mr. Crusader
Member Avatar
#LeeJoonismyHuzzy
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Okay, then I'll wait till tomorrow and I'll repost it all XD Thanks for the feedback guys. I will definitely keep it up ^_^
Edited by Mr. Crusader, Aug 14 2013, 09:38 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Mr. Crusader
Member Avatar
#LeeJoonismyHuzzy
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I edited it. At least that's a start though :D
Offline Profile Goto Top

Mr. Crusader
Member Avatar
#LeeJoonismyHuzzy
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
To everyone wondering, I should have new guides by next week. I might finish a faction :)
Offline Profile Goto Top

Skode
Member Avatar
King of KW
Is there secret requirements to Yinping... i mince the Wu arrivals pretty much in one single musuo awakening attack yet each time i fail to get the message. I think there must be some bad translation because the gallery instructions in game are pretty much the exact same as Guan Suo ones, they are on the same stage and the only difference seems to be a minute in the timing - something isnt right.

Only weapon im struggling to get at the moment in Yuan Shao so far... its a nightmare as i seem to need to be at too many different places at the same time and Yuan Shao sucks as a character. Guan Yu is hyper mode so im trying to wreck him ASAP but no matter how quick i go Zhenji has already swooned at the very sight of Cao Pi and co... ugh
Offline Profile Goto Top

BMaster
Member Avatar
Officer
[ *  * ]
Skode
Aug 17 2013, 08:22 PM
Is there secret requirements to Yinping... i mince the Wu arrivals pretty much in one single musuo awakening attack yet each time i fail to get the message. I think there must be some bad translation because the gallery instructions in game are pretty much the exact same as Guan Suo ones, they are on the same stage and the only difference seems to be a minute in the timing - something isnt right.

Only weapon im struggling to get at the moment in Yuan Shao so far... its a nightmare as i seem to need to be at too many different places at the same time and Yuan Shao sucks as a character. Guan Yu is hyper mode so im trying to wreck him ASAP but no matter how quick i go Zhenji has already swooned at the very sight of Cao Pi and co... ugh
You actually need to play the Hypothetical stage of Fan Castle to get Guan Yinping's weapon, not the Historical one as that is for Guan Suo.

As for the Yuan Shao one, what secondary weapons and horse are you using? I basically just used Zhong Hui's 5th weapon, that has Cyclone ability, and abused the C3 attack which helped me to kill everyone quickly. Can't remember about the horse but you can obviously use the musou to speed things up from one place to another.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Mint
Member Avatar
bubblegumbitch
[ *  * ]
Skode

I had the same problem when I tried to get her weapon, even when I was on the hypothetical route! You have to stop the flood attack from happening. For some reason when I tried in free mode, the flood attack would be successful right when I stepped out of the gates. So I did it on Story Mode and it worked for me that way! If you have the same problem, try doing Story Mode and talk so Xu Shu for the hypothetical option. Follow his instructions to seal the flood gates. After this is done, quickly rush over to where Wu's reinforcements will show up, since they don't wait for you like they do if the flood attack was successful.

I was super confused by this too since no guides specified you had to do this! Hope this helps!
Offline Profile Goto Top

Skode
Member Avatar
King of KW
Thats for the tips everyone i will get cracking...

Seeing as i was asked though - ive been using Lu Bu fifth weapon, its beastly when buffed with its switch attack. The main is always a where possible reasonably tweaked version of their EX weapon in this case his Extend Rapier... i always try and retain their EX weapon where possible as a personal preference. Horse is the DLC Storm Runner... because its new more than anything else.
Offline Profile Goto Top

BMaster
Member Avatar
Officer
[ *  * ]
Skode
Aug 18 2013, 08:55 AM
Thats for the tips everyone i will get cracking...

Seeing as i was asked though - ive been using Lu Bu fifth weapon, its beastly when buffed with its switch attack. The main is always a where possible reasonably tweaked version of their EX weapon in this case his Extend Rapier... i always try and retain their EX weapon where possible as a personal preference. Horse is the DLC Storm Runner... because its new more than anything else.
Here's the guide from Gamefaqs..

http://www.gamefaqs.com/ps3/688499-dynasty-warriors-8/faqs/67510?page=1#section37

Quote:

First off, make sure you're playing the hypothetical version of Fan Castle and NOT the historical version.

You're going to want to start off by seizing the floodgates. This requires you to travel to the northern base and defeat Zhai Yuan (+ base captain) to capture it. This gives your army access to siege rams, which are used to provide a path to Pang De and the floodgates (northwest area with all the water). Defeat Pang De to prevent the flood attack. Now this is where the important part comes in.

After Pang De is defeated, you have ~2 minutes before the Wu forces arrive. You'll want to be there to intercept them when they do. If you're not there to greet them, they'll split into two groups and travel separately, thus requiring you to visit two different places. Also, your allies are very likely to kill a Wu officer while you're off fighting the other group, causing you to fail.

Therefore, once Pang De is defeated, travel across the map all the way to the southeast corner. Ignore the game's orders to defend Fan Castle. When you get there, take out Yin Shu and Lu Chang to unlock two gates, and wait for Wu's arrival. There are 10 of them: Lu Xun, Lu Meng, Lu Su, Yu Fan, Zhu Ran, Jiang Qin, Xu Sheng, Ma Zhong, Pan Zhang, and Lu Fan. What I did was run in circles until they were all clustered together, then unleashed a True Rage to annihilate the majority. It was a piece of cake from there. Lastly, make sure that Guan Yinping gets the final hit on every Wu officer within 4 minutes. Check your battle log, and make sure you see this message for every officer I listed:

"Guan Yinping has defeated ____!"

If you do, the weapon box will appear southeast of the southwest base (Cao Ren). Remember to grab it before finishing off Cao Ren!
Offline Profile Goto Top

Mr. Crusader
Member Avatar
#LeeJoonismyHuzzy
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Skode

For Yuan Shao's, I used Lu Bu's 5th. Speed is the key to getting this done. You need to interim save after killing Guan Yu, then interim save after killing Cao Pi, and then interim save when you prevent the fire attack.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Mr. Kamikaze
Member Avatar
God of War
Seems Guan Suo's and Yinping's 5th weapon requirements are the same thing. I know Yinping's is hypothetical Fan Castle. Is Guan Suo's historical or hypothetical?
Online Profile Goto Top

Liu Bei 7
Member Avatar
Emperor's Retainer
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Mr. Kamikaze
Aug 20 2013, 04:01 PM
Seems Guan Suo's and Yinping's 5th weapon requirements are the same thing. I know Yinping's is hypothetical Fan Castle. Is Guan Suo's historical or hypothetical?
Historical.

I don't know why the game doesn't tell you which path it needs to be on. From what I remember, Gan Ning's needs to be on the hypothetical path too, but I can't remember any other examples.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Mr. Kamikaze
Member Avatar
God of War
Yeah...I dont know why I didnt wait for someone to answer, I went ahead and did it Hypothetical anyway <_<

Now to replay Fan Castle... :XD
Online Profile Goto Top

Mr. Crusader
Member Avatar
#LeeJoonismyHuzzy
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Here's the Other guide. I had to put it in a new post because it couldn't fit everything.

Edited by Mr. Crusader, Aug 23 2013, 05:59 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

iHint
Member Avatar
First Lieutenant
[ *  *  * ]
^totally agree. I just discarded her ex weapon for lu bu's. The whip was so weak or at least not good for the time provided. Used lubu's and had 30seconds left *Phew*
Idk about you guys, but i found it super tedious to try and use the character's ex weapon when trying to get the 5th weapon (as I always want a good build b4 I start doing the mission) Don't get me wrong, I'm one of those ppl who only want that character to use their weapon...but I made an exception for myself, lol, and I just used wang yuanji's. Beef that thing up and every 5th weapon is ez..unless you love the struggle lol.
Edited by iHint, Aug 24 2013, 05:53 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Skode
Member Avatar
King of KW
It should be noted when youve spoken to Lu Bu and rush back via the tunnel you came from (instead of waiting for Lu Bu to smash the door down) that you need to enter the Ballista room even if only very briefly before heading for the Dong Zhuo room at top centre of the map, if you dont you dont get the dialogue needed for the gate guard of Dong Zhuos room to appear... you will simply get an empty corridor until Lu Bu eventually breaks open the door which by then will be too late to unlock weapon.
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Archives · Next Topic »
Locked Topic

Composed & Designed by, ©KOEI Warriors, 2005-2014. All rights reserved.