Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to KOEI Warriors (Forum). We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls.

As a member you will also have access the exclusive Members Only Section where you will be privvy to a wide range of KOEI Warriors Renders, OSTs and Videos.
Registration is simple, fast, and completely free!

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features!

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Dynasty Warriors 8: Xtreme Legends; For PS3/Vita/4. New charas Chen Gong, Zhu Ran, Yu Jin & Fa Zheng
Topic Started: Aug 21 2013, 04:00 AM (219,935 Views)
BlackKite
Member Avatar
長宗我部菜々

Heads up, official site's just updated with Yu Wenze :XD
http://www.gamecity.ne.jp/smusou7m/
Edited by BlackKite, Sep 12 2013, 10:30 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Catallena
Member Avatar
OCTOPUSSY
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I was not expecting that voice lol.

I like it.

The contrast between the PS4 and PS3 screens though...
Edited by Catallena, Sep 12 2013, 10:36 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Feiyan
Member Avatar
Elite Soldier
[ *  * ]
Thanks BlackKite!
I still think that the lower part of his armor is not that good, but other than that I like the character KOEI created and his voice is quite fitting. :D
Still, no Zhu Ran in-game render? This sucks...
Offline Profile Goto Top

Gaďania
Member Avatar
Hailstorm
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Posted Image

For an usual cutscene, Lu Bu's face is very well detailed, and doesn't seem hugely greasy (which I really hate in DW7/8). The hair appears to be better and not so unnatural, but still looks a bit weird. Though until February 2014, they still have time to update their engine so that in the end the graphics looks even better than now.
Online Profile Goto Top

ReinaBlaka
Member Avatar
Han's Unifier
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Now THIS is what a real general of the TK era should've looked like. :XD

Why aren't there screenshots of his gameplay??
Offline Profile Goto Top

Catallena
Member Avatar
OCTOPUSSY
ReinaBlaka
Sep 12 2013, 10:41 AM
Now THIS is what a real general of the TK era should've looked like. :XD

Why aren't there screenshots of his gameplay??
Yu Jin?

There are.

Posted Image

Tsukiyama

For an usual cutscene, Lu Bu's face is very well detailed, and doesn't seem hugely greasy (which I really hate in DW7/8). The hair appears to be better and not so unnatural, but still looks a bit weird. Though until February 2014, they still have time to update their engine so that in the end the graphics looks even better than now.
It looks graphically on par with The Last Of Us (maybe a bit less). Great for Koei's standards, not so much for the PS4 overall.

I hope the screen is from an actual cutscene though and not the XL opening :/ . Found out it was from the Hulao Gate cutscene, but incredibly touched up.
Edited by Catallena, Sep 12 2013, 10:58 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Kiritsugu
Member Avatar
General
[ *  *  *  * ]
Yu Jin look so sad...

Almost waiting for Fan Castle battle.

That voice though... full of determination. I like that.
Offline Profile Goto Top

BlackKite
Member Avatar
長宗我部菜々

Be advised, it seems like unless the screenshot's lower right corner has PlayStation®4版 written on it, it might come from the PS3 version instead :ph43r:
Offline Profile Goto Top

Ixbran
Member Avatar
Legend
ill probably be the only person to say this, but god those PS4 screens are hideous

D x

its like everything has been splashed with oil or something, everything looks greasy.

Im just gonna stick with the PS3 version of DW8 and 8XL, maybe get the vita version if it comes out over here.
Online Profile Goto Top

LittleMonsterSakura
Member Avatar
Cherry Blossom
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
In my opinion Zhu Ran and Yu Jin have JP voices that fit them while Chen Gong's just doesn't feel right.

They did well on Yu Jin's design. :yes:
Online Profile Goto Top

Mizushima Toru
Member Avatar
of the Ten Braves
Ixbran
Sep 12 2013, 10:49 AM
ill probably be the only person to say this, but god those PS4 screens are hideous

D x

its like everything has been splashed with oil or something, everything looks greasy.

Im just gonna stick with the PS3 version of DW8 and 8XL, maybe get the vita version if it comes out over here.
Not only you Ixbran..me too

I felt something weird,they seems to have yagli gures(Oil wrestling) recently (with clothes of course). :XD
Online Profile Goto Top

GambitCajun
Member Avatar
Liu Shan's Knight
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Why did Zhao Yun trade in his epic smug face for several different types of derp, Why?

Yu Jin is officially my favorite new character in this game! His voice is nice and now seeing his closeup his face is quite handsome. Really want to get my hands on that Trident, hope the light gimmick does not ruin such a bada** looking spear!
Online Profile Goto Top

_XXX_
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
DW8 PS4 Version Zhao Yun Face not Good :( Changing Face Worse
Offline Profile Goto Top

Catallena
Member Avatar
OCTOPUSSY
Ixbran
Sep 12 2013, 10:49 AM

D x
The screen with Lu Bu's face that Tsuki posted looks decent at least. BUT.

Compare the first pic from the site to the pic that I screencapped (at 1080p btw) from the interview BK posted on the last page:

Posted Image

Posted Image

UMM? WTH. I knew Koei touched up their photos but definitely not to this extent. :kurokan:

*cough* Also pay no attention to the 'activate windows' icon thing at the bottom right of the second screen. I didn't know the installation disc was limited to only one computer... Ugh. Stupid Microsoft <_<*cough*
Edited by Catallena, Sep 12 2013, 11:01 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Gaďania
Member Avatar
Hailstorm
Sure, it's good for KOEI's standars, but for the PS4? Certainly not. They can do a lot better. DW9 may be a bit better on that regard, but I don't expect it to really looks like a PS4 game graphics wise either. Which is a shame really, but hey, this is KOEI.

I just hope that in DW9, the characters will at least looks more... "normal", so to speak. I really hate the fact that they all look so greasy since DW7. That's just hella ugly.
Online Profile Goto Top

Feiyan
Member Avatar
Elite Soldier
[ *  * ]
There's really a big difference between those pics. O_O
Offline Profile Goto Top

Coldplay
Member Avatar
Bright road
[ *  *  *  * ]
so sad that there isn't any cutscenes of yu jin here. Love his voice (Y)
the ps4 is much deeper i guess :-? Lu Bu's face is much more badass :sly:
Offline Profile Goto Top

GambitCajun
Member Avatar
Liu Shan's Knight
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
And I'd rather they focus on gameplay rather than graphics. With the way Omega-Force have set themselves up if they focus on graphics then they would have no time or money to spend on the actual game. Make the graphics clean and clear and actually spend the time on fixing what needs to be fixed.
Online Profile Goto Top

Feiyan
Member Avatar
Elite Soldier
[ *  * ]
Coldplay
Sep 12 2013, 10:59 AM
In the first pic he's smirking, while in te second he seems really angry. LOL
Offline Profile Goto Top

Coldplay
Member Avatar
Bright road
[ *  *  *  * ]
Feiyan
Sep 12 2013, 11:02 AM
Coldplay
Sep 12 2013, 10:59 AM
In the first pic he's smirking, while in te second he seems really angry. LOL
dunno, but...PS4 is still in progress, i wish we will get Lu Bu's face like the one in the gamesite lol :sly: the later pic is...strange :sly:
Offline Profile Goto Top

Uncle Vlad
Member Avatar
Avid F1, Dynasty Warriors and Example fan
[ *  *  *  * ]
Wow that is a massive jump! The lighting there is definitely much better, how is there such a jump?!
Offline Profile Goto Top

Catallena
Member Avatar
OCTOPUSSY
GambitCajun
Sep 12 2013, 11:01 AM
And I'd rather they focus on gameplay rather than graphics. With the way Omega-Force have set themselves up if they focus on graphics then they would have no time or money to spend on the actual game. Make the graphics clean and clear and actually spend the time on fixing what needs to be fixed.
Sengoku Basara is winning that horse race though, so like someone said eons ago, it would be better if Koei put a more strategic edge in the games, like I dunno, including the amazing Empires battle mechanics in the main games.

Those strategy cards from DW7E were the sh*t, and I was so disappointed they were never implemented into DW8. T-T
Edited by Catallena, Sep 12 2013, 11:15 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

GambitCajun
Member Avatar
Liu Shan's Knight
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
So your answer to me saying 'Fix the Gameplay' is to point out how to fix the gameplay?

Noticing that only Lu Bu's face and the lighting has changed in those screens, yeah, that is a touch-up job if I ever saw one.
Edited by GambitCajun, Sep 12 2013, 11:18 AM.
Online Profile Goto Top

Mischievy
Member Avatar
Tonfa your butt!
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Tsukiyama
Sep 12 2013, 10:40 AM
Posted Image
Awww, for once I really think Lu Bu look adorable here!
Lookie at that face! *pinch cheeks... Dead* :p

Oh wow, haha!
The screenshot for the PS4 look funky. Zhao Yun looks wet and greasy.

Offline Profile Goto Top

Catallena
Member Avatar
OCTOPUSSY
GambitCajun
Sep 12 2013, 11:17 AM
So your answer to me saying 'Fix the Gameplay' is to point out how to fix the gameplay?
I hope you realise how stupid that post sounds because the whole point of these forums is to discuss possible theories regarding these sorts of issues, offer opinions on other people's posts (which was what I was basically doing), etc.

Besides, I was assuming you were talking about the combo facet of the gameplay. I merely offered a suggestion to instead focus on more strategy-oriented mechanics.

Edit: So I'm looking at the 'users reading this topic' box and couldn't help but notice that 'Koei Warriors' was one of the members.

Chin is that you? OMFG I LOVE YOUR WORK.

Posted Image
Edited by Catallena, Sep 12 2013, 11:27 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Archives · Next Topic »
Locked Topic

Composed & Designed by, ©KOEI Warriors, 2005-2014. All rights reserved.