Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to KOEI Warriors (Forum). We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls.

As a member you will also have access the exclusive Members Only Section where you will be privvy to a wide range of KOEI Warriors Renders, OSTs and Videos.
Registration is simple, fast, and completely free!

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Sengoku BASARA 4 (v2)
Topic Started: Dec 4 2013, 01:52 AM (213,020 Views)
Kasugayamalover
Member Avatar
First Lieutenant
[ *  *  * ]
ZetaStriker
Mar 18 2014, 12:04 AM
and even Shikanosuke made my number three.
I'm glad. I played with him seriously last night for the first time. Got my ass handed to me though. any tips? particularly around the gaping gaps in his combos?

I really wanna make him work.

Also, Is it just me or is his basara attack terrible because it leaves you naked and defenceless?
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Mizushima Toru
Member Avatar
'Why were these things not before me? Or why were they not after me?'
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Kasugayamalover
Mar 18 2014, 02:54 PM
Also, Is it just me or is his basara attack terrible because it leaves you naked and defenceless?
If only we shifted to play Oyassan directly after using his basara.
THey should've do that IMO.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

wodash
Member Avatar
undefeated in all directions
Mizushima Toru
Mar 18 2014, 02:56 PM
Kasugayamalover
makes sense, it's sad that he's the only character that gets a debuff after a Basara attack

also, the game seems to be overly fond of making fun of him, with most of his appearance having oyassan either not present(and taking away shika's weapons) or sleeping.

Mizushima Toru
Member Avatar
wodash
Mar 18 2014, 03:03 PM
Mizushima Toru
Mar 18 2014, 02:56 PM
Kasugayamalover
makes sense, it's sad that he's the only character that gets a debuff after a Basara attack

also, the game seems to be overly fond of making fun of him, with most of his appearance having oyassan either not present(and taking away shika's weapons) or sleeping.

Don't forget Tsuru just kinda steals Oyassan in one of her ending, with Yamanaka running to catch her...

Jeez Capcom...why can't you make him a Tsukuyomi fanatic anyway, to make him a direct contrast with Motonari, you just makes him looks like a joke character despite him being a predecessor of Yukimura(In terms of being a loyal soldier)
Edited by Mizushima Toru, Mar 18 2014, 03:08 PM.

wodash
Member Avatar
Mizushima Toru
Mar 18 2014, 03:08 PM
Don't forget Tsuru just kinda steals Oyassan in one of her ending, with Yamanaka running to catch her...

Jeez Capcom...why can't you make him a Tsukuyomi fanatic anyway, to make him a direct contrast with Motonari, you just makes him looks like a joke character despite him being a predecessor of Yukimura(In terms of being a loyal soldier)
i haven't seen that one yet since i haven't got tsuru unlocked, speaking of which, WHY is Matabei's default war buddy tsuru? :kurokan: it just doesn't make sense :nope:

they'll probably fix Shika when SB finally have Haru-sama back, Yukimura was also not really fun to see/fight in SB3 due to the lack of Shingen, makes his stages feels very dull ouside of the sasuke fights

also, is it just me or SB4 lacks giant mech boss fight?

in SB1~2 we have the walkers(varied versions), Mech xavi, and Nioh statues

in SB3 we have the Mogura, Akatsukimaru, Hideyoshi's horse, and Sorin's giant Xavi tank

in SB4, the only ones i saw so far is the Akatsukimaru and it's Fugaku version, i played both Xaviland stages and Sorin is just in his playable version

and lastly, i'm pretty surprised that Sorin can be grabbed out from of his mini xavi, does this means we can grab Gyoubu too now?

ZetaStriker
Member Avatar
Elite Soldier
[ *  * ]
Kasugayamalover
ZetaStriker
I'm glad. I played with him seriously last night for the first time. Got my ass handed to me though. any tips? particularly around the gaping gaps in his combos?

I need to spend more time with, honestly. In my game I was forced into three 1 v 1s in a row, and only faced actuals stages on his Anime and Drama routes. He was also one of the first characters I played, so I didn't have higher difficulties or powerful war buddies unlocked. He's under-leveled, and I've been prioritizing unlocking all the characters over going back to unlock all his skills. His gameplay was fun, but I don't think I used him enough to really give advice on him yet, especially since it's been a while since I did. I did usually regret using his Basara though.

I give a lot more credit to the character's personality and story when ranking them, and I just love Shikanosuke's interactions with Oyassan. His routes are some of the funniest, and I just find him incredibly entertaining even though his search for his lord never goes anywhere.

Fuuma
Member Avatar
Ninja of the Hōjō
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Recently I've played a lot of stages with Hideyoshi and I still don't understand how the grab-enemy gimmick works. Usually after I've grabbed a mook he lets go of him after like one move, but sometimes it lasts for several moves. Could someone who's pro with Hideyoshi explain it (and possibly give some tips for him in general, in case I have not noticed them yet)?

His new theme is really awesome, it's one of the best tracks in the game definitely.

Balder
Member Avatar
The Lumen Sage
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
wodash
Mar 18 2014, 03:41 PM
also, is it just me or SB4 lacks giant mech boss fight?

and lastly, i'm pretty surprised that Sorin can be grabbed out from of his mini xavi, does this means we can grab Gyoubu too now?
Well, there's Aniki Gear Excelsus.
But yes, a LOT less battles with siege engines. Heck! I think it's really just Akatsukimaru and Aniki Gear Excelsus...and you fight both in a row.
EDIT: wait! I've seen Xavi tanks appear in one Xavi Land combo. They're immobile though.

Sorin and Gyoubu can be grabbed. Only Hondam is safe from the Conqueror King's hands.

Fuuma

Could someone who's pro with Hideyoshi explain it (and possibly give some tips for him in general, in case I have not noticed them yet)?
SHAMELESS PLUG YO

JustMax
Member Avatar
Left General
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
I have a question regarding sword clashes and tag partners: If I had a team of, say, Keiji and Magoichi, where Keiji is the only one who has the Swordplay inscription, but I'm playing as Magoichi and am in the middle of the initiation clashes (about to hit the second time), can I switch to Keiji and continue off where Magoichi left (i.e. do a clash that's counted as the second clash, then continue onto the third one and then do the actual "sword-clashing")?

ViperQueen
Member Avatar
Can you do the Totodile Dance?
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Kasugayamalover
ZetaStriker

His basara attack damages quite a lot if you corner an officer against a corner or a wall. Try not using circle too much, and if you do run near oyaasan

Shikanosuke and Katsuie are my favorite newcomers xD

JustMax
Member Avatar
Left General
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Tadakatsu's alt is the coolest thing I've seen in quite some time.

wodash
Member Avatar
Balder
Mar 18 2014, 10:58 PM
Well, there's Aniki Gear Excelsus.
But yes, a LOT less battles with siege engines. Heck! I think it's really just Akatsukimaru and Aniki Gear Excelsus...and you fight both in a row.
EDIT: wait! I've seen Xavi tanks appear in one Xavi Land combo. They're immobile though.
figured as much, the Xavi Tank model is obviously not going anywhere since Sorin still uses it for his Basara attack, but it's a shame that we don't actually fight one anymore, it's the easiest mech boss ever(perhaps if they make it so you must parry to deflect missile it would be more challenging)

Quote:

Sorin and Gyoubu can be grabbed. Only Hondam is safe from the Conqueror King's hands.
yay? though this means i won't be too happy when playing AS them...it was nice to see other character have special immunity like Hondam before SB4, damn you son-stepson treatment!

Quote:

Fuuma

Could someone who's pro with Hideyoshi explain it (and possibly give some tips for him in general, in case I have not noticed them yet)?
SHAMELESS PLUG YO
nice to see the thread sees some more active usage now

Quote:

I have a question regarding sword clashes and tag partners: If I had a team of, say, Keiji and Magoichi, where Keiji is the only one who has the Swordplay inscription, but I'm playing as Magoichi and am in the middle of the initiation clashes (about to hit the second time), can I switch to Keiji and continue off where Magoichi left (i.e. do a clash that's counted as the second clash, then continue onto the third one and then do the actual "sword-clashing")?
i don't think you can do that? Mago is still right there when you tag in unlike SB3 so i don't think it will count

Kasugayamalover
Member Avatar
First Lieutenant
[ *  *  * ]
JustMax
Mar 19 2014, 02:10 AM
AGREED!!!!!!!

Have you ever seen Sakon in Onimusha Dawn of Dreams?

Hey? Hey? :yes: :yes:

Auron- 1000
Member Avatar
JACKPOT !
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Kasugayamalover
Mar 19 2014, 07:24 AM
JustMax
Mar 19 2014, 02:10 AM
AGREED!!!!!!!

Exactly , i actually noticed that before u said it
he looks like oni sakon

i hope DLC stages come soon with these coming soon videos

JustMax
Member Avatar
Left General
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
wodash
Mar 19 2014, 02:41 AM
i don't think you can do that? Mago is still right there when you tag in unlike SB3 so i don't think it will count
True... But tagging does replace the original character by a little bit, unless they're mid animation. I guess I need to do some testing :D

Kasugayamalover

AGREED!!!!!!!

Good call! Yeah they look very similar. What was cool about DOD was that it had the versus arena and you could even play as Sakon :yes:

Man... Why aren't they making Onimusha anymore or releasing an HD collection? :/
Edited by JustMax, Mar 19 2014, 01:25 PM.

Kasugayamalover
Member Avatar
First Lieutenant
[ *  *  * ]
JustMax
Mar 19 2014, 01:24 PM
Good call! Yeah they look very similar. What was cool about DOD was that it had the versus arena and you could even play as Sakon :yes:

I think my friend still secretly hates me for cheesing him with ohatsu in that mode :P

Btw, i wonder if Basara will ever have munenori/jubei jagyu... ;)

wodash
Member Avatar
JustMax
Mar 19 2014, 01:24 PM
True... But tagging does replace the original character by a little bit, unless they're mid animation. I guess I need to do some testing :D
well if you don't immediately mash square even for a milisecond after the first clash, you can't continue clashing(happens to me a LOT), and the lag between tagging might count as a "no-press", hence failing to continue clashing

Quote:

Man... Why aren't they making Onimusha anymore or releasing an HD collection? :/
Onimusha SOULS? as for HD collection, they probably felt it's not the time yet PS4 perhaps?, Inafune leaving Capcom might also be one of the reason of no new serious Onimusha title

monkeygigabuster
Member Avatar
Dai Rokuten Maou
[ *  *  *  * ]
wodash
Mar 19 2014, 02:10 PM
Onimusha SOULS? as for HD collection, they probably felt it's not the time yet PS4 perhaps?, Inafune leaving Capcom might also be one of the reason of no new serious Onimusha title
I'm a die hard fan of Onimusha too but making story for a sequel will be very hard,I mean you can't just make a battle of Sekigahara just like SB3 or SW3,not to mention the big boss of the series has been wiped out(fortinbras slained by Soki,Nobunaga is still sealed,not to mention how many % of his power has been drained by Soki in that final battle).And no Kaneshiro Takeshi Samanosuke ,no sell for me

Speaking about DOD,Roberto is truly a force to reckon with,I am actually dissapointed that Ieyasu's fighting style doesn't have the vibe of Roberto,his L1 + Triangle is a pussy compared to Roberto's Awakening mode's Triangle rapid punch

Kasugayamalover
Member Avatar
First Lieutenant
[ *  *  * ]
monkeygigabuster
Mar 20 2014, 02:43 AM
Speaking about DOD,Roberto is truly a force to reckon with,I am actually dissapointed that Ieyasu's fighting style doesn't have the vibe of Roberto,his L1 + Triangle is a pussy compared to Roberto's Awakening mode's Triangle rapid punch
Ha! True Dat.

Roberto OPENS DOORS with more force than a providence punch!
Fuuma, what the hell is that Kraken??? :XD

Sorin disapproves :nope:
Edited by Kasugayamalover, Mar 20 2014, 01:20 PM.

wodash
Member Avatar
beaten Mitsunari, Shika, And Magoichi's drama route, for some reason they keep shoving me duel stages and the characters that i use doesn't get to level up properly :(

the Sunday vs Tsuru stage is pretty hilarious with the back and forth weather change and banter, but i can see it getting old real fast if you are forced to play the stage over an over again...which thankfully i haven't experienced yet

anyways, one thing that i noticed with SB4 is no matter the difficulty, the enemy never seem to bother changing their equipment to reflect it, unlike previous SB's(normal is default weapon, hard is first elemental, extreme is 2nd elemental skin), the skin might be an unimportant detail but the enemy not using element weapon is pretty strange IMO

still about weapons here's two questions about the trophy:

-how many weapon skin is available for one character? to get the all weapon trophy do we really have to keep all skins first until we get the trophy or simply have acquired one before is enough?(i tend to just immediately fuse/scrap the weapons i get)

-same thing but with the all inscription trophy, do we need to make the recipe list filled with all inscriptions lighting up for one character? is that even possible?

going to play Sorin next, hopefully i can already use the Jumbo Xavi DLC when muneshige is still a war buddy on Sorin's creation route...

Mizushima Toru
Member Avatar
Kasugayamalover
Mar 20 2014, 10:09 AM

Posted Image Uncle Ulty better reminds you about my true name.
UWEE HEE HEE...
Edited by Mizushima Toru, Mar 20 2014, 02:31 PM.

Fuuma
Member Avatar
Ninja of the Hōjō
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Kasugayamalover
Mar 20 2014, 10:09 AM

It's from FFIV After Years :D It's not a Kraken its Ultros...

I changed my avatar mostly to celebrate that FFX HD will be released (yes Ultros is not from FFX but it's still awesome). He does make an awesome comeback in FFXIII-2 as a DLC boss though.

Why do you disapprove it :o

Kasugayamalover
Member Avatar
First Lieutenant
[ *  *  * ]
Fuuma
Mar 20 2014, 02:58 PM
Why do you disapprove it :o
Hahaha no i don't really, i was just pointing out the irony that mine is sorin. The only reason I use him was because I couldn't find a small enough Kenshin and Kasuga rose orgasm, and I'm too lazy to change it :)

ZetaStriker
Member Avatar
Elite Soldier
[ *  * ]
I don't think you need to keep the weapons, since just getting them unlocks them for viewing in the Gallery.

wodash
Member Avatar
ZetaStriker
Mar 20 2014, 05:31 PM
I don't think you need to keep the weapons, since just getting them unlocks them for viewing in the Gallery.
i haven't even touched the gallery, thanks for pointing that out!, i assume there's also a gallery/checklist for inscriptions too to check which ones we already have received/created before?

for the battle master trophy, as i heard many of the stages aren't playable in free mode, how do i keep track of which stage i haven't beaten yet? or does the trophy only applies to stages that are available in free mode only?

3 users reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous)
Members: Kasugayamalover
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create your own social network with a free forum.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Sengoku BASARA 4 · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Composed & Designed by, ©KOEI Warriors, 2005-2014. All rights reserved.