Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Hello and welcome to KOEI Warriors (Forum), the official leading Rank 1 forum of ZetaBoards free online service of thousands of message boards aimed at video gaming; specifically the best KOEI TECMO fan site online! With over 35,000 forum members already a part of the community and millions of comments recorded! Thank you for visiting, we hope you enjoy the message board!

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. By signing up and experiencing KOEI Warriors message board you will have access to features that are member-only such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, voting in recognized polls, and more importantly discussion and the latest news from KOEI TECMO with fellow fans of their products. Our Members Only section via joining will grant you KOEI Warriors graphics, downloads and more.

We also have social network pages on Facebook, Twitter and a videos channel on YouTube, so please find us there.

If you need any help please don't hesitate to ask a member of staff/moderator. Thank you.

Regards,
KOEI Warriors Staff Team

Join our community at KOEI Warriors (Forum)!

Already a member? Welcome back, please login here and enjoy KOEI Warriors (Forum).

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
One Piece: Pirate Warriors 3 (Kaizoku Musou 3)
Topic Started: Thu Aug 28, 2014 1:39 pm (92,367 Views)
cbaabc
That
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
http://www.siliconera.com/2014/08/28/one-piece-pirate-warriors-3-announced-ps3-ps4-vita/

KT going all out now.

EDIT Link to info thread
http://s13.zetaboards.com/koeiwarriors/topic/7232027/1/
Edited by cbaabc, Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:40 pm.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

BlackKite
Member Avatar
長宗我部菜々

Oh wow, Shanks confirmed, w00t :woot:

Too bad I'll never be able to keep up with Jump leaks... so maybe I'll leave the info management here to someone else again.. >.<
Edited by BlackKite, Thu Aug 28, 2014 1:52 pm.

Deleted User
Deleted User

BlackKite
Thu Aug 28, 2014 1:50 pm
Too bad I'll never be able to keep up with Jump leaks... so maybe I'll leave the info management here to someone else again.. >.<
I'll do it! :listen:

Posted Image

Mere days after the release of Hyrule Warriors, Koei Tecmo are and Bandai Namco have announced the next Warriors spin-off. Bandai Namco have revealed One Piece: Pirate Warriors 3 for release in Japan. The game is in development for PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4 and Vita. Pirate Warriors 3 will be at the Tokyo Game Show, which runs from September 18 – 21st.

Shanks's a great choice! Now, is Vivi finally going to be added? :link:
Quote Post Goto Top

Mr. Crusader
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Again, not sure how I should feel about this after the disappointment that was Episode 404.

BlackKite
Member Avatar
長宗我部菜々

Gaïania
Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:03 pm
I'll do it! :listen:
Alright thanks, just confirmed the info thread. Pinned it along with this main topic ^_^

AntonKutovoi
Member Avatar
Legend
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Hope it won't be like Pirate Warriors 2 story-wise. The mess they've done there was godawful.

Judging by the scan, I guess Fujitora will appear as well.
Edited by AntonKutovoi, Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:47 pm.

cbaabc
That
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Screenshots indicate some story elements but the second had them too. Though those were more losely based on specific events (skypia, thriller bark).

More speculation:
Seeing luffy in bandages (wasn't that before the timeskip) and small luffy I guess they could even go full circle and retell the whole story (Fist of the north star 2 like) with expanded events.

Also I guess sabo is highly likely seeing the three sake cups?

BlackKite
Member Avatar
長宗我部菜々

OPの物語を追体験
Hmm, when they use 物語を追体験 = Vicarious Experience to storyline, usually that'll mean re-enacting the manga/anime storyline. So most likely they'll have an official story mode again here?
Barely any confirmation yet though, so take this with grains of salt

RPGNoZero
Member Avatar
Emperor's Retainer
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Knowing Koei and seeing those screenshoot, they will probably still half-assing many things like how PW1 being only focused on Marineford and then skipping so many things like Kuro, Smoker, many Boroque works, Enel, and Moria.

This one will add mostly from Dressrosa, an arc that isn't even finished yet while ignoring many things. Back in PW2, they add Punk Hazard, and yet no punk hazard characters appear in the game outside of Law. Pretty obvious they add it just because it was the latest ongoing arc back then. C'mon. Charm of One Piece is the full adventure, it's just feel bleh to skip so many things just because they want to focus on the most popular / newest things.

I'm just hoping they won't add Sabo yet since we haven't seen many feat from him outside his "dragon claw". At worst, he will ended up as Ace's clone with a bit physical attack. Just like Timeskip strawhats in PW2 being barely any different from their pre-timeskip version because they haven't show enough feat yet to base their moveset from.

I mean, i like the games. But it seems they are focusing more on fanservice first rather than making actual complete One Piece game.
Edited by RPGNoZero, Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:27 pm.

Deleted User
Deleted User

Didn't they created some moves for Monkey D. Garp in the second game? If so, I can see them doing the same for Sabo if he's added. Same can be said for Fujitora as well, especially since he seems to have a panel of different attacks in Unlimited World Red.

I'd love to see these outfits that were made for the series' 15th Anniversary.
Posted Image
Quote Post Goto Top

UpInMahBubble
Member Avatar
Who you calling a cute prince?
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I just want some more females on the roster this time :kurokan:

Maybe Rebecca or Tashigi? Idk anyone else :mellow:
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

RPGNoZero
Member Avatar
Emperor's Retainer
Back in PW2, Garp already shown many feats and his fighting style is already shown enough to base from. Plus his fighting style is really JUST pure punch anyway, it's obviously easy to made.

Judging from Sabo's fight so far he seems to be a stylish fighter with pipe, claw, haki, and Mera Mera no mi. But he has shown only like.... two attacks? I just can;t trust Koei to make complete moveset just from that. Especially in a series like One Piece where each characters are so different.
One example of lacking feats affecting moveset is probably Timeskip Chopper in PW2 only spamming Kungfu and Horn Point even though he can do MUCH more (i mean he has 7 forms, but we haven't seen all of them yet).

kenshiro80
Member Avatar
General
[ *  *  *  * ]
Hi to all!

Really hoping this game turns out to be what I was hoping PW 2 would be: the Story returning - but this time with at least some of the gaps filled.

The first game missed out way too much, whilst Romance Dawn (the RPG) had great content - Kuro, Oars, Moriah etc.

Would be very disappointing if they (yet again) don't revisit the Manga - which is (in my opinion) in need of a more in depth Story campaign.

Hopefully, they can add more CP9 & Baroque Works members.

I look forward to TGS greatly!
Edited by kenshiro80, Thu Aug 28, 2014 4:10 pm.

Deleted User
Deleted User

The scan seems to imply that it might go through the story from beginning to the current Arc in much more detail than the first one did. But take this with grains of salt until it's properly confirmed.
Quote Post Goto Top

saner
Member Avatar
Supreme Warrior-Scholar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
if they want more to buy PW3 they really should make the gameplay camera closer like DW8. even Warriors Orochi 3 has more on screen enemies than PW series and has a closer and better camera. more distant camera just kills the feel and makes everyone appear more like action figures (kinda like how the StarCraft perspective makes all the units look like minature toys). of course PW camera is not like StarCraft but it is below the standards of DW camera distance. the closer the camera, the more players can appreciate the animations, detail, action, and still be aware of their surroundings. I mean it's the same reason why Ken's Rage 2 camera wise didn't feel as great as Ken's Rage 1 because Ken's Rage 1 had a closer camera and everyone felt bigger and more lifelike. camera is a huge deal for these things. they should at least add more options for camera zoom settings, it doesn't need to be an mmorpg to provide the full spectrum of camera zoom settings.
Edited by saner, Fri Aug 29, 2014 3:56 pm.

Master Omega
Member Avatar
Lord of The World
As long as Lucci is finally playable, I don't care what arcs they focus on. Then again, the amount of characters they added in 2 might well be indicative of what Koei has in store.

Muffykins
Member Avatar
The Fab and the Furious
[ *  *  *  * ]
RPGNoZero
Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:52 pm
(i mean he has 7 forms, but we haven't seen all of them yet).
I won't disagree that PW2 Chopper was underwhelming, but we have seen all his forms. Brain point, horn point, heavy point, guard point, kung fu point, walk point, and monster point.

As for personal wishes, I'm still hoping for playable Vivi and Bentham. Vivi basically has no chance, considering how long it's been since she was a major player, but I think they could do interesting things with her moveset.

ShinjiSawThat
Member Avatar
Ibuki is #1 Slayer husbando
[ *  *  *  * ]
BEST GAMING NEWS I'VE SEEN FOR A WHILE

SHANKS <3

Oh, please tell me they'll have Doffy playable this time. Playing as him in Unlimited World Red has made me develop a mighty need to see him in a Pirate Warriors title, and I think he has a lot of potential for one hell of a moveset.

And Kid. I'd love to see him, too.

They added so many of my biases last title. We got Croco-boy, Law and Mihawk. I'd be on cloud nine if they added Doffy and Kid. Heck, even one of them would satisfy me.

Maikeru D. Shinigami
Member Avatar
First Lieutenant
[ *  *  * ]
I feel like I might be the only one who liked Chopper in the last game. He was one of my best characters.

That said, I am SOOOO happy to hear this. Year after year, Koei keeps making games from my favorite series. First One Piece, then Zelda, then One Piece again. I'd love for them to keep this trend going.

As for what should be in this game.

Doflamingo, Fujitora and Shanks definitely need to be added. Dressrosa should have at least two stages. A stage inside the Punk Hazard factory and for Fishman Island would be great. Caesar Clown, Monet, Kinemon and Vergo deserve addition. Put in Hody Jones, and perhaps Vander Dekken. Arlong finally being playable would be perfect, especially considering he was part of a recent flashback. On that note, I'd like to play as Fisher Tiger.

Certain Doflamingo's crew members and participants in the Colosseum should be playable. First and most importantly, Bartolomeo. But also, Rebecca, Jesus Burgess, Cavendish, Sabo and Don Chinjao. Diamante, Trebol, Pica, Bellamy and Baby 5 would be lovely. Work on filling out the supernovas with at least Kidd, Hawkins and Apoo. X Drake would also be nice. As would Bonney.

That's 27 new characters, if I counted correctly, which is three more than we got last time.

However, if we are going to go through the history of One Piece, then I have some other things that should be in.

Kuro and Syrup Village.
Loguetown.
Jaya.
Lucci, Kaku and Jabra playable.
Tashigi, Shiryu, Magellan, Sengoku and Wyper playable.

I have more ideas too, including making Miss Goldenweek a support character, letting me at least fight Kalifa, Kumadori and Fukurou, including Pandaman, making Ivanokov playable and Inazuma support, having Don Krieg and Kuro playable, among other things, but I'd consider the other stuff I mentioned more important.

Maybe this is just me, but I also really like the way boss battles were done in Pirate Warriors 1.
Edited by Maikeru D. Shinigami, Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:50 pm.

ShinjiSawThat
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  * ]
Well that screencap with Law certainly puts me in the mind of one of Fujitora's special abilities. If I remember correctly, he called down a meteor during one of his scenes in the manga. So, I think he's a potential add, or NPC, and Dressrosa is a potential arc.

Deleted User
Deleted User

The chances of Vivi to be added this time are quite high, I'd say. Her VA even asked personally that she'd like to see her playable when Pirate Warriors 2 wasn't released yet. Plus if they revisit the whole story, I don't see why she wouldn't be added. And she's one of the most requested characters, too.

I also agree with the bosses fight from Pirate Warriors 1, they were done a lot better than how they were in the second game. I'd like to see them as proper bosses again.
Quote Post Goto Top

yokokoroma
Member Avatar
Sergeant
[ * ]
I see several members here beat me to character predictions. I think we can say definitively which characters we will see in Pirate Warriors 3, from the scan. As some have already pointed out: Shanks is a definite. From the picture in the lower left with Law, we can say Fujitora will be in, as well as Doflamingo. The question in all three cases is, will they be playable?

As far as levels go we can also say definitively that Dressrosa will be in this installment also from that Law scan, that tells us Fujitora will be present. I hope Fishman Island makes it in as well.

I hope to see Kidd this time around (it would be interesting to see how he plays), as well as some I felt should have been in 2. I have the same sentiment about the camera being too far away, but am also at odds with the feeling. On the one hand, the camera being zoomed out allows for techniques like Luffy's Elephant Gatling Gun to be seen fully. Then on the other hand, it leaves me feeling like more of an observer than actually being immersed in the action.

Maikeru D. Shinigami
Member Avatar
First Lieutenant
[ *  *  * ]
Gaïania
Fri Aug 29, 2014 12:08 am
The chances of Vivi to be added this time are quite high, I'd say. Her VA even asked personally that she'd like to see her playable when Pirate Warriors 2 wasn't released yet. Plus if they revisit the whole story, I don't see why she wouldn't be added. And she's one of the most requested characters, too.

I also agree with the bosses fight from Pirate Warriors 1, they were done a lot better than how they were in the second game. I'd like to see them as proper bosses again.
If the voice actress wants her in, put her in. I'd LOVE to play as Vivi. I honestly just didn't think of her when putting my list together. She might not have been all that strong, but just based on how she fought in the anime, she would be a welcome and unique addition. I'd also like to hope they tweak Perona a little bit, because I want to main her more. But Eneru is just too beast for me not to use him.

Nice to see someone else likes the bosses in the original Pirate Warriors as well. I didn't like the platforming much, just like basically everyone else, but the boss battles were great. I wouldn't even mind refighting the bosses in the first Pirate Warriors if it meant fighting them in that way.

I can't believe I forgot to mention that Moriah should be playable this time as well. I'll be a little disappointed if even one of the shichibukai are not playable.

I want to add on, ithere's no way Doflamingo, Fujitora or Shanks will not be playable. It might as well be confirmed.

What I'm wondering is how many characters we can expect. I'd say that no less than 60 is what they should aim for, but I can see an upper end of 80, considering they do not have to remake the system this time around.

I don't care if it's an original story or a retelling of the actual story. I'm positive I'll love it either way.

Also, to add on, if they do happen to make boss battles the way they did in Pirate Warriors 1 by chance, I'd love some more variety in who I play as. Like, I'd really like to play as Mihawk against Zoro in Baratie instead of being Zoro. I'd love to have to play as Blackbeard against Ace. I'd like to be Doflamingo against Zoro. And I'd love to do a boss battle as Crocodile against Luffy.

Not getting my hopes up for those types of boss battles again though. Just something I think would be really cool.

ShinjiSawThat
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  * ]
Personally, I liked the boss fights in the first game, too. The confrontations with Crocodile were some of my favourite moments in the game, but Aokiji/Kuzan was a real pain. Not challenging, but rather cheap. He just loved spamming Ice Age on me and that does a ton of damage. I don't know what it is about Aokiji, but I always have hated fighting him in OP games. It's just in PW1, he was extremely annoying to deal with.

Other than him, though, the boss fights were enjoyable. Nice change to the format.

D.Key
Member Avatar
First Lieutenant
[ *  *  * ]
People i want to be playable in PW3

Vivi
Mr. 3
Mr. 2
Mr. 1
Do Flamingo
Moria
Sentomarou
Bartolomeo
Fuji Tora
Ceasar
Kin'emon
Jozu
Hody Jones
Arlong
Kuro
Creek
Tashigi
Viola
Kyros
Kaku
Jabura
Kalifa
Lucci
Pauly
Magellan

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · One Piece: Pirate Warriors (Kaizoku Musou) · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Composed & Designed by, ©KOEI Warriors, 2005-2017. All rights reserved.