Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Hello and welcome to KOEI Warriors (Forum), the official leading Rank 1 forum of ZetaBoards free online service of thousands of message boards aimed at video gaming; specifically the best KOEI TECMO fan site online! With over 35,000 forum members already a part of the community and millions of comments recorded! Thank you for visiting, we hope you enjoy the message board!

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. By signing up and experiencing KOEI Warriors message board you will have access to features that are member-only such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, voting in recognized polls, and more importantly discussion and the latest news from KOEI TECMO with fellow fans of their products. Our Members Only section via joining will grant you KOEI Warriors graphics, downloads and more.

We also have social network pages on Facebook, Twitter and a videos channel on YouTube, so please find us there.

If you need any help please don't hesitate to ask a member of staff/moderator. Thank you.

Regards,
KOEI Warriors Staff Team

Join our community at KOEI Warriors (Forum)!

Already a member? Welcome back, please login here and enjoy KOEI Warriors (Forum).

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Best Warriors Orochi Game?
Warriors Orochi 5 (8.5%)
Warriors Orochi 2 (Includes Musou Orochi Z) 19 (32.2%)
Warriors Orochi 3 (Includes Special and Hyper expansions) 1 (1.7%)
Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate 34 (57.6%)
Total Votes: 59
Best Warriors Orochi Game?; Pick one and discuss ...
Topic Started: Thu Sep 4, 2014 9:23 pm (2,920 Views)
Mr.Honda
Member Avatar

Seen this debated all over the place, thought I'd make a topic/poll for it.

Which Orochi game do you think is the best?

I've included only the major domestic releases, choosing to list MOZ in the WO2 generation instead of on its own, and the Special/Hypers ports of WO3 get the same treatment.

Even though this topic and poll choices will be obsolete in 1-2 years when they announce the next WO game :rolleyes: since this board is probably going to be a bit more active now that Ultimate is out, I thought this would make good discussion material ^_^

EDIT: :facepalm:

http://s13.zetaboards.com/koeiwarriors/topic/6916401/1/

Same topic already exists. Any way to update poll and/or move it to more active WO3 board? :/

Staff can archive this in the meantime :facepalm:
Edited by Mr.Honda, Thu Sep 4, 2014 9:31 pm.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Ahsoka Tano
Member Avatar
Im no Jedi.
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
3U, hands down the best, possibly even the best koei game.

Of course that's my opinion so don't people start flipping their wigs.

Wynter
Member Avatar
#YAAAS
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
WO3U - The amount of content alone is enough compare to the past WO games. Saying that the old WO games are better than this one... right lmao :rolleyes:

Mr. Crusader
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I voted for WO1 and WO2.

The older WO games are better because, unlike the newer ones, they have more replay value.

I put a lot of time into those two games a myriad of times over, but unfortunately the newer WO games just don't live up to what I wish they were ┐('~`;)┌"

If the newer WO games had even a fraction of the same replay value as the older ones, I would think differently, but alas ┐('~`;)┌"

It's just my opinion tho so don't take it seriously.
Edited by Mr. Crusader, Thu Sep 4, 2014 10:26 pm.

Mr.Honda
Member Avatar

Well, I guess we can keep discussing until Staff decides what to do with this or the other topic ...

Not understanding lack of replay value in Ultimate at all :huh: Vanilla WO3? OK, there legitimately was nothing to do once you completed the Story except level grind all your characters. The DLC was a godsend for WO3 since it effectively doubled the number of stages.

WO3U has Gauntlet Mode. That alone gives the game hours of replay value right there. WAY more than the original WO ever had. WO had 4 stories? WO2 was the game that really brought the extra content with the new Orochi storyline, the Dream stages, etc. But, let's face it, WO2 was an expansion of the first WO (that's why Japan still refers to it as Maou Sairin instead of 2).

I've pumped more than my fair share of hours into WO and WO2. I completed WO on both PS2 and PSP with 100% perfect saves. Did the same with WO2 on PSP.

I've easily doubled that and some just playing WO3. I'm at 450+ hours and counting when you include Ultimate. I barely scratched the surface of Ultimate content as I've yet to tackle the higher difficulties of Gauntlet Mode, nor have I finished the new storylines.

So yea, not liking WO3U is one thing, but to say it has no replay value is just silly :mellow:

Twilight Sky
Member Avatar
Emperor's Retainer
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Replay value is bit subjective with a series such as this though. I haven't played the first "three" in many years, but I can see myself playing WO3U for awhile. Even though I voted for WO2, it's because it brought brand new elements to the series - setting the ground work for WO3, and WO3U, it's also the last game in the series(and I think the last game developed by OF) released for the PS2. KT went out with a bang on that one.

Mr. Crusader
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Mr.Honda
Thu Sep 4, 2014 10:34 pm
Snip
Unlimited Mode really doesn't provide as much replay value as you think as you have to spend a lot of time leveling up characters just to play it and lol who wants to do that, especially with the lack of interesting shite in Story Mode :rolleyes:

Wynter
Member Avatar
#YAAAS
Do you even know what replay value stands for?

How can you say that the older WO games has more replay value that WO3U? The content difference is absolutely massive.

Mr. Crusader
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Wynter
Fri Sep 5, 2014 7:39 am
Do you even know what replay value stands for?

How can you say that the older WO games has more replay value that WO3U? The content difference is absolutely massive.
Not really.

There might be a lot of stages in newer WO games (ala PS3, PS4, you get the picture), among other things, but other than that, there isn't a lot to go on about.

I do agree that Unlimited Mode was a good idea, HOWEVER I do think it should've been coupled with a mode like Dream Mode. That's still the best Warriors game mode I've ever had the experience to enjoy, along with the Mode in DW5XL (forget the name).

When I first played WO3U, I was rather disappointed at the lack of new stages, not to mention the new story's plot was rather underwhelming to me, imo at least.

I would agree that WO3U has replay value, if I was in the same boat as most of the people here about Unlimited Mode being a decent mode, but unfortunately, I wasn't as big of a fan of Unlimited Mode as I should've, perhaps.

I can say that the older WO games are better because

1. The first two WO games were the first Warriors games I've ever played
  2. I personally find them much more fun than the newer ones. Simple. Nothing more, nothing less.

Twilight Sky
Member Avatar
Emperor's Retainer
Mr. Crusader
Fri Sep 5, 2014 7:36 am
Mr.Honda
Thu Sep 4, 2014 10:34 pm
Snip
Unlimited Mode really doesn't provide as much replay value as you think as you have to spend a lot of time leveling up characters just to play it and lol who wants to do that, especially with the lack of interesting shite in Story Mode :rolleyes:
I beg to differ. Story mode has like 5 billion stages.

I haven't played Guanlet or this "unlimited mode" as I'm not really interested in those.
Edited by Twilight Sky, Fri Sep 5, 2014 7:55 am.

Mr. Crusader
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I don't think you read my last post in this thread TS.

Minus the stages from the first four chapters and gaidens, there aren't even really enough chapters to match the number of chapters in WO1.

Now yes, I know that quality over quantity does matter, but tbf, Koei hasn't done anything like that in a while, but that's for another topic of discussion.

Case and point tho, I just prefer the first two WO games (and their respective spinoffs) to the newer WO games. Nothing more, nothing less.

LegendaryDragonWarrior
Member Avatar
Tonbo-Giri
Warriors orochi z/1. Warriors orochi 1 is my favorite. The story was the best. It's better than WO2 and especially WO3.
WO series got ruined since they added myth characters and characters from other video games.
I like WO1 because the story is manly focused and SW meets DW. Unlike now. The WO series looks like another koei game which means it doesn't even look like it about DW and SW.

Wynter
Member Avatar
#YAAAS
^Well the WO series focuses on the addition of Mystic characters, without it the story will be completely bland - this adds another new story to the big story arc we already have.

Obviously WO1 was the start and yes the story was good because it was done by faction but since we already have a massive character roster, it was a good move by Koei to make the story as a whole. My only problem with WO3 is the addition of collaboration characters - which is obviously for promotional purposes lmao.

'Unlimited Mode really doesn't provide as much replay value as you think as you have to spend a lot of time leveling up characters just to play it'

You already level up characters when you play the main story line and the bonus EXP points to level them up further. With the feature which lets you 'reborn' your characters 9 times and maxing out their stats to 999 will let you survive longer in later stages in Unlimited mode, especially the 10 star stages with 4 dungeons and highlighted red (the hardest) - which could then net you important weapon materials to forge the Ultimate 'Shin' weapons that has +99 attack bonus.

I cant :facepalm:

Mr. Crusader
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Wynter
Fri Sep 5, 2014 2:00 pm
snip
Okay

Wynter
Member Avatar
#YAAAS
And this is why I cant take whatever you say seriously.

Exactly my point.

Mr. Crusader
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Whatever Wynter. I'm not arguing with you anymore.

And I'm glad you feel the same, as I can't take what you say seriously either.

I'll say it one more time though. I prefer the older WO games because I just like them better than the newer ones. It's that simple.

Ahsoka Tano
Member Avatar
Im no Jedi.
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
And fixed
Edited by Ahsoka Tano, Fri Sep 5, 2014 10:27 pm.

Angelic Linca
Member Avatar
Blue Sunshine of Wei
I voted for Warriors Orochi 2 because of favorite character and English VA bias. Nuwa being voiced by Michelle Ruff.

WO3/Hyper/U close second for having my second fave Cai Wenji.

Mr.Honda
Member Avatar

Twilight Sky
Fri Sep 5, 2014 7:25 am
Replay value is bit subjective with a series such as this though.
Maybe that's just it right there.

Even if WO3U objectively has more content than the original WO, whether or not you like that additional content is entirely subjective.

Some people might find leveling all 145+ characters to 100 very tedious and not worth the effort. Those same people would probably not have leveled all 79 characters in the first WO either.

I will say that saying WO3U is crap because its based on DW7/SW3 is a rather flimsy argument though. All WO games have been based on older DW/SW platforms. WO2 had the most dated movesets, actually. DW5/SW2 were 4-5 years old by the time WO2 came out. Stale on top of stale :asia:

The question becomes does KOEI do enough to mask the fact that you're using old base gameplay mechanics? In most cases, I think KOEI has done a better job at that with each game.

Whether its adding more unique characters, new attacks, new gameplay elements (like character switch attacks), or more Story or side stage content, KOEI has made improvements in each game. Whether or not you like those improvements remains subjective.

Fūma
Member Avatar
The Dragon Has Returned
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate, easily.

- 145 characters
- TONS of stages
- Lots of replay value, especially with the new modes
- Wonder-type class is my favorite... which didn't exist back in WO1/WO2
- Japanese VA > English VA (just my opinion)

I honestly think this is my favorite Koei game to date after Samurai Warriors 2.

Hazuki
Member Avatar
Elite Soldier
[ *  * ]
I'd have to go with WO3U as well. KOEI has improved on the gameplay mechanics and roster drastically since the first game, ensuring that the series is up to date with all but the most recent DW and SW games. Gauntlet mode tops it off nicely with extra replay value.

The only downside is that the story has deteriorated, with most of the cast sitting idly by until random teams of characters that have little in common are given the spotlight. So if it were about the plot, then MOZ would probably be the best, as it combines the first two games. But story has never been a strong point for a series that prioritizes itself as fan service.

Frankly, I've never spent as much consecutive time on a video game as I have with WO3 and WO3U.
Edited by Hazuki, Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:59 pm.

Nanar
Member Avatar
Han's Unifier
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
i can't vote here, simply because i never played orochi 3 hyper. so all i can say is my favorite orochi game is wo3u.

Mibu Kyoshiro
Member Avatar
Awesome!
Warriors Orochi 1 for me. Best story out of the three, with the stages having the most engaging fights in terms of story. Not to mention, no broken mechanics like the treasures / gold skills, no nerfed classes and jumbled characters and despite not having as great a number of peons on screen, the battles were more intense for me. Not to mention, most of the characters from the Dynasty Warriors side thankfully retain movesets I like.

If it had Dream Mode, the expansion characters of SW2 and the costumes of MOZ, it would be even more excellent.

Original characters were never a problem with me, I just wonder why they didn't make them a seperate godlike category to make them more unique that the DW / SW characters and their categories.

NaotoraYinping281
Member Avatar
☆石田三成☆
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I prefer WO3U because it's the best Warriors Orochi game than the previous and old WO games with cool new features like Gauntlet mode, earn mystic weapons etc.

tmma1869
Supreme Warrior-Scholar
Though I played PSP WO2 the most, my most favorite WO game is definitely WO3U. Sure many of its characters have minor roles, but the cutscenes are very impressive, as well as an improved system with the weapons and so many characters to build up in a fun way. So what if the designs of DW7/SW3 were used? They're superior compared to the DW5/SW2 ones anyway. I also believe it's the best WO game ever localized despite lack of English dub. More outfit choices too. I hate the fact Human Nezha has Achilles outfit for DLC though. He deserves a more fitting outfit than that.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Warriors Orochi 3 (Musou Orochi 2) · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Composed & Designed by, KOEI Warriors, 2005-2017. All rights reserved.