Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Hello and welcome to KOEI Warriors (Forum), the official leading Rank 1 forum of ZetaBoards free online service of thousands of message boards aimed at video gaming; specifically the best KOEI TECMO fan site online! With over 35,000 forum members already a part of the community and millions of comments recorded! Thank you for visiting, we hope you enjoy the message board!

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. By signing up and experiencing KOEI Warriors message board you will have access to features that are member-only such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, voting in recognized polls, and more importantly discussion and the latest news from KOEI TECMO with fellow fans of their products. Our Members Only section via joining will grant you KOEI Warriors graphics, downloads and more.

We also have social network pages on Facebook, Twitter and a videos channel on YouTube, so please find us there.

If you need any help please don't hesitate to ask a member of staff/moderator. Thank you.

Regards,
KOEI Warriors Staff Team

Join our community at KOEI Warriors (Forum)!

Already a member? Welcome back, please login here and enjoy KOEI Warriors (Forum).

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
if we get WO4, would you like some more Guest Characters?
Topic Started: Wed Sep 10, 2014 5:11 am (4,206 Views)
Jason-Voorhees
Member Avatar
When There is no More Room in Hell, The Dead Shall Walk The Earth
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
the thing i loved about WO3 was all the new guests, what if Koei continues this with WO4, would you like to see someone from another title,

i came up with this, what if Lara Croft from Tomb Raider was in it, we have Ninja Gaiden characters, who are from modern times, why not Lara, i even wrote a story and did artwork to go along

Quote:

After being Locked inside the Tomb of Seth by her former Mentor Von Croy, Lara hears a rumbling and the ground seems to have split, as if the whole room has been ripped from it's foundations. moments later the room shakes violently and there is a blinding light from the darkness. Lara sees the shape of a man, a strange man in shining armor, he speaks to her, and tells her to come to him if she wants to live, she does so and is somehow teleported outside of the ruins, his name is Fu Xi, a chinese mystic . he explains to Lara that time and space have been merged into one realm by the Serpent Demon Orochi and he needs her help to do so, with the Mighty Excalibur by her side, Lara Joins the countless others to fight the Serpent , resurrected once again with only one thing in mind, to kill everyone. and just as soon as she is rescued, Lara must save the world once again. there is a loud commotion from across he dunes, and in front of them come thousands of armed demons , ready to rip apart Lara and her Savior. can they survive , in this new chaotic world ?

for those of you who don't know the inspiration behind Lara's Story, i took alot of this from the Ending of Tomb Raider The Last Revelation, where Lara unintentionally causes the Apocalypse by reading from an ancient artifact that will cause the long trapped and very angry egyptian god Seth to be released from his torment, Lara's formor Mentor Von Croy reaches out to lara after she stops this but she is trapped when the tomb collapses and is presumed dead, that's where all the rest comes in
Posted Image
Edited by Jason-Voorhees, Wed Sep 10, 2014 5:14 am.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Ixbran
Member Avatar
God of War
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
yes. I would like to see more characters from the franchises we already got guests from. More Blade Storm characters, DoA, Ninja Gaiden, Troy. Man can you imagine if they were able to include more Soulcalibur characters after Sophitia? Man it would be so awesome!
Offline Profile Goto Top

Mr. Crusader
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
No thanks. How about a Musou game with just the Mystics so they can stop mucking up what this game was previously about: DW meeting SW.

EDIT: Derp. I wouldn't mind this, just take the mystics out of the pic pls.
Edited by Mr. Crusader, Wed Sep 10, 2014 6:30 am.
Offline Profile Goto Top

The 4th Snake
Member Avatar
"Pleasant bit of action, that."
[ *  *  *  * ]
I want the full Troy and Bladestorm rosters (excluding the fictional BS ones). I'd love Siegfried or Nightmare from SC but it's unlikely. If we have to have more DOA/NG characters, it should be a villain, like Yaiba. What I'd most want would be Dante from DMC and Raiden from MGS.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Nanar
Member Avatar
Han's Unifier
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
hmm i think it would be nice to see the following people in wo4 or 5. depending what koei is intending to do...

Ghengis Khan, Lightning from FFXIII, Ryu from street fighter, heavenly sword heroin. Karen Koenig from shadow hearts 2.

i'd love to see battlefields resembling the above listed charecter's game topography mixed into wo world.
Offline Profile Goto Top

runarraw
Member Avatar
First Lieutenant
[ *  *  * ]
I'd like warriors orochi to split into two different franchises.
the roster is bloated enough as is.

one that's "mystic warriors". (bonus character Guan Yu)
the other a completely new story that's a DW/SW crossover.

as for guest characters in either francise. I wouldn't mind.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Zhen Da
Ruler of the Ling Kingdom
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
wasn't the reason behind the guest characters because of the Hydra? that's how they managed to squeeze them into the game. with Hydra now gone new guest characters aren't really going to appear unless there is some convoluted story where other guest characters have been in hiding all this time which makes no sense since the cast travel to all ends of the world, then again several places have been dropped in WO3 that could house new guest characters, Edo Castle, Kuzegawa, Okehazema, Hefei Castle and Xia Pi come to mind.

but for me I think the period of guest characters is over I think they were used as more of a marketing gimmick Rachel, Momiji and Kasumi felt pointless as adds since Ryu and Ayane represented NG and DOA.

with the roster at 145 and assuming the current Guest Line up stick around then take the 16 DW characters from the DW8 cycle (this will possibly include the DW9 new characters too up to 9XL but we'll leave them out for now) then you have Takatora, Munenori and Naotora from SWC2 plus the SW4 new characters, that boosts the roster up by 28 which makes it 173 characters and if you add in the DW9 characters which is unknown but will be more than 10+ and the 9XL characters which could be 3 or 5 plus the WO exclusive characters which could range from anywhere between 2-6, you're looking at 190+ characters at least in WO4 so no new guests should be added.

I also don't understand why people are against the mystics, it's WO both Orochi and Da Ji had to come from somewhere and where ever they came from surely had to have some people vying to go after Orochi and since this is an original storyline the Mysitcs fit in just fine, no need for them to be thrown into their own game.

that's my thoughts anyway
Offline Profile Goto Top

Joshelplex
Member Avatar
The Nightmare of Winnipeg
Lara is a terrible idea. Doesn't even make sense since Koei doesn't own that IP, and unlike Soulcalibur, they don't even have an in-universe explanation (the Soul Edge) The NG/DoA/Troy/Bladestorm/Atelier characters at least made sense since demons and gods exist in their universe, and they all use magic as well, and everything else was a Koei owned IP anyways.

As far as more guests, I think only a few should make it in. The Black Prince from BS, Odysseus from Troy, to have a hero and villain rep from each (yes, Achilles was a "hero" in WoT, but he was in no way heroic at all, and Odysseus is a great foil to him), if anyone else crosses over from NG/DoA it should be Hayate. Thats about it.
Offline Profile Goto Top

dedik8
First Lieutenant
[ *  *  * ]
Joshelplex
Sat Sep 13, 2014 2:10 am

As far as more guests, I think only a few should make it in. The Black Prince from BS, Odysseus from Troy, to have a hero and villain rep from each (yes, Achilles was a "hero" in WoT, but he was in no way heroic at all, and Odysseus is a great foil to him), if anyone else crosses over from NG/DoA it should be Hayate. Thats about it.
Yeah, I would love more people from Bladestorm or Warriors of Troy. I think Reig from Zill O'll would be cool too. (didn't Nemea mention Musashi reminding him of him in the "Dueling Heroes" DLC stage?)
Offline Profile Goto Top

The 4th Snake
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  * ]
Joshelplex
Sat Sep 13, 2014 2:10 am
Lara is a terrible idea. Doesn't even make sense since Koei doesn't own that IP, and unlike Soulcalibur, they don't even have an in-universe explanation (the Soul Edge) The NG/DoA/Troy/Bladestorm/Atelier characters at least made sense since demons and gods exist in their universe, and they all use magic as well, and everything else was a Koei owned IP anyways.

Well, Lara obtains Mjolnir in Underworld and the new reboot has Himiko as the villain (which would be a hilarious relationship dynamic (BTW).

But how is Prince Edward a villain? He's very noble.

As for plot, I feel like 4 would be a reboot, especially with everyone going home, though there's still a chance of them being brought back by the mystics to deal with some threat. Maybe the Strikeforce 2 villains?
Offline Profile Goto Top

Fūma
Member Avatar
The Dragon Has Returned
Sure, why not. I'd like one character from SB series :XD Of course that'll never happen but it would just be cool to see how they adapt their moveset system to Warrior's moveset system.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Nanar
Member Avatar
Han's Unifier
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
ok i really have an idea... next game WO4. main villian Emporer Madorus from wkc2. he revives hydra into a incoruptis. kyubi and orochi also revived.

Queen Murius mystic
Leonard, Yulie
Emporer Madorus
Grazel
Tina Armstrong from doa5 is summoned by ayane
another person from soul caliber

these events happen after wo3u. 3 years later.
Offline Profile Goto Top

The 4th Snake
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  * ]
If there's a WiiU version, we all know who's gonna be an exclusive guest character. Playstation would get Kratos and Xbox (if there was a version) might work with Master Chief with an energy sword or with guns as a ranged fighter. Or Marcus Fenix with the chainsaw as his musou. It won't happen but it's fun to think of stuff like that.
Offline Profile Goto Top

AntonKutovoi
Member Avatar
Legend
I'd like to see some guest character from Neoromance series. While it will be hard to turn them into 3D characters, that won't look completely out of place, they more or less suceeded with Sterk, so I don't see any reason, why NeoRoma characters can't appear as well. Maybe Miyako, because lesbian-cousin is a win
Posted Image
Online Profile Goto Top

Sera
Member Avatar
Legend
While I understand the reasons for guest characters, personally I'm not too fond of seeing them in the Orochi series.
I'm not very interested in the Orochi original characters either, but I think they are fine.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Kourin Tatsunagi
Member Avatar
Soldier
[ * ]
I'm neutral about guest characters. I love Sophitia and it was cool to get to play with her in a Musou game. Another one is Sterk, I just finish play through of Atelier Meruru and it was enjoyable to play as Sterk and his recruitment stage with SSX was a nice touch.

Guest Characters and Mystic are welcome addition in my eyes, it was cool seeing Ryu giving respect to Hanzo, which one of the famous ninja in history or Ayane asking Nene to teach her Nene Ninpo. Someone like Cai Wenji who barely sees screen time in DW had great interactions with guest characters like Joan the Arc. Something like Momiji and Huang Zhong bonds was something I didn't expect but they made it work. To me as long as the guest are something that can fit in and have a natural synergy with the cast, I won't mind them.
Offline Profile Goto Top

The 4th Snake
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  * ]
I'll say this of guest characters: they should give them more to do. Aside from like one stage each for Ryu and Ayane, one sub-plot for Joan and a couple battles against Achilles, they never show up again (especially noticeable in the big finale where they're completely absent from the ending). It's a real letdown for Sophitia, since she's my favourite SC character. And no new DLC stages for Ultimate means nothing more for them.

I think if they must have more guests, make some villains. Like I'd love to see Yaiba join the demon forces to get a chance against Ryu.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Fūma
Member Avatar
The Dragon Has Returned
I'm fairly sure Ayane made more apperances than one. She appeared in Yan Province as well, for example (a new stage in Ultimate).
Offline Profile Goto Top

Skode
Member Avatar
King of KW
Guests are a good way of selling extra copies because of the outside appeal they add but really they add nothing new to the story sadly in too many of them are cameos at best. If they were more like Achilles then maybe but whilst i like the idea of more i sometimes feel they are half baked and under featured.

Still if were getting more i like the idea of non-koei guests like Sophitia being added, would love iconic characters like Cloud Strife or Yoshimitsu to show up at some point or other.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Fūma
Member Avatar
The Dragon Has Returned
Yes a Tekken character would be very welcomed! I'd like to see Heihachi in WO4 :hehe: Or Paul Phoenix.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Sorccenobi
Member Avatar
General
[ *  *  *  * ]
Some people seem to see WO as a crossover between DW and SW pretty exclusively. Some feel that other characters don't fit in with Club Azn. Me? I see it as a crossover for modern takes on classical and historical characters. The ROTK novel and Journey to the West are fictional, as are the myths about Orochi and the Kyuubi. But those stories are older than any person living. That's why I feel that the 100 Years War and the Illiad fit in just fine with Orochi, even if Bladestorm and Warriors: Legends of Troy are recent iterations of these stories! Ninja Gaiden, Soul Calibur, Zill O'll, these characters are the ones I feel don't fit with the rest. They do not have the same kind of chops or cultural value.

Tier 1: Orochi originals, Dynasty Warriors (+Strikeforce), Samurai Warriors, Warriors Troy, and Bladestorm. I wouldn't want the last two as guests, but fully assimilated into the roster. These games are the closest in theme to each other, being simulations of wars that are either actually historical or historically legendary. Bladestorm is different from Warriors, but it is spiritually and visually similar enough to fit evenly with the DW, SW, and WLoT crowd. The Strikeforce original characters visually and thematically fit well with the Orochi originals; most Orochi fans feel they should have long been included into the series.

Tier 2: Ninja Gaiden and Toukiden: Ninja Gaiden/DOA I'm not fond of, but there's already so much NG/DOA in WO3:U, that I might as well consider it the "Modern Era" of the Orochi world. Even though Toukiden isn't a Warriors title, Toukiden's story and characters would mesh very easily with the Orochi: I understand the story takes place outside of/across multiple ancient time eras, and involves defending these eras from mystical evils; Meanwhile the characters and art style are very similar to Warriors games.

Tier 3: Crimson Sea and Zill O'll. Crimson Sea was supposed to be spiritually similar to Warriors. Zill O'll started as kind of a Square RPG clone, but recent games lean more towards Warriors/Musou gameplay. Both games have interesting characters, but in terms of setting, they are pretty far from the current WO concept. I don't think CS makes any mention of Earth, and Zill is wholly another realm. Including these guys in Orochi would be like having George Washington fight a war with Napoleon, and then having Luke Skywalker and Madmartigan join in. They'd be interesting, but they sorta stand out. I'd prefer Crimson Sea over Zill O'll, as a futuristic sci-fi/fantasy property would add a lot more diversity than faux-European-style fantasy property. Crimson Sea also has a small cast of Dramatis Personae in comparison to Zill O'll, but they'd almost all lend themselves to Warriors integration. Zill has a larger cast, but some of them would be harder to adapt.

Tier 4: properties, One Piece, Hyrule Warriors, Ken's Rage, Soul Calibur, Atelier. These other properties are at least partially owned by non-Koei companies, and including any of them could easily lead to the kinds of contract negotiation rigmarole that could affect sequels, DLC, or future re-releases on other platforms. I'd rather these properties were absent entirely, because of aesthetic, historical, thematic, or IP clash. Gameplay wise, I think only HW's large boss mechanic would lend anything, and that could just as easily be appropriated to include Strikeforce or Toukiden characters.

Tier 5: Gundam. It's got all of the problems of Tier 4, and it's got an additional problem of scale, that'd have to be solved. The most standout mechanic is the faux-3D gameplay, with mook units dropping from "orbit" and the "Zero-G" space battles. Those are nice visual/flavor mechanics, but they don't actually add much. And if need be, they could be mirrored by magic (I'd love to play a stage like Wuhang Mountains, but where magic allows you to float and fight between the peaks) or by the sciencey addition of Crimson Sea.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Skode
Member Avatar
King of KW
Well in fairness Ninja Gaiden makes sense in the fact the games are all about asian based stories of characters who battle demons. This is them in asian based historical characters who are battling demons... DOA well you have to stretch that one out WAY more but if the games features characters who are over 2000 years old and are arguably demons such as Nyotengu then i guess they can squeeze in though props to Koei in only really selecting those who whilst share the universe only actually feature in the NG games themselves.

For me ANYONE in theory can be added here and i do agree the whole Troy cast should be in, maybe Bladestorm too as i wanted a europe faction to go with the whole asain divide where the 3K had their own stories, the demon army had their own story and naturally all of sengoku based characters were lumped in under one story. As long as characteristically they fit im fine with it - Kenshiro isnt actually that bad a fit when you think about it... a man who can take on practically anyone just getting by in a world which has gone to ****. He would be a lone wolf but him making a cameo in Orochi actually excited me... as long as they can get the licensing for him.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Wynter
Member Avatar
#YAAAS
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I never liked the idea of guest characters. They were only featured in a couple of stages and then disappear completely. I don't expect any of these collabo/guest characters to return in WO4. If they come back, that's okay I'm not fussed, if they don't? I won't miss them at all.

The only exception to guest/collabo characters is Cia :kosho:
Edited by Wynter, Wed Sep 24, 2014 11:21 am.
Offline Profile Goto Top

The 4th Snake
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  * ]
I'd like more mythological figures like maybe Norse mythology or the Greek gods. But Bladestorm and Troy first. Small steps, I guess.

Oh, and maybe fully characterised Chronicles protagonists (I picture a brother and sister fighting to end the wars that killed their parents).
Edited by The 4th Snake, Thu Sep 25, 2014 9:29 am.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

Yes, definitely. I'm more excited about the idea of having more Guest characters than new Chinese/Japanese Deities. My main Team in WO3:U consists of Momiji, Rachel, Kasumi, Sophitia and Sterk, thus only Guest characters, and all of them are incredibly fun to use.

I'm fairly certain they'll keep all of them for WO4 (minus Sophitia, perhaps), and add more of them. It attracts a lot of persons who are normally not interested in WO.

I believe Toukiden characters are the next ones to be added, but which characters? Considering that all of them play a vital role in Toukiden + Kiwami. Ouka isn't really the "main" character of the story, all the others appear as much as her.

Also, Nyotengu. Although a great character, she's veryyy fanservice-y, they'll not pass on that.

I'd also like to see Penthesilea (Troy), Sheelagh and Xenetes (Zill O'll).
Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Archives · Next Topic »
Locked Topic

Composed & Designed by, ©KOEI Warriors, 2005-2017. All rights reserved.