Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Hello and welcome to KOEI Warriors (Forum), the official leading Rank 1 forum of ZetaBoards free online service of thousands of message boards aimed at video gaming; specifically the best KOEI TECMO fan site online! With over 35,000 forum members already a part of the community and millions of comments recorded! Thank you for visiting, we hope you enjoy the message board!

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. By signing up and experiencing KOEI Warriors message board you will have access to features that are member-only such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, voting in recognized polls, and more importantly discussion and the latest news from KOEI TECMO with fellow fans of their products. Our Members Only section via joining will grant you KOEI Warriors graphics, downloads and more.

We also have social network pages on Facebook, Twitter and a videos channel on YouTube, so please find us there.

If you need any help please don't hesitate to ask a member of staff/moderator. Thank you.

Regards,
KOEI Warriors Staff Team

Join our community at KOEI Warriors (Forum)!

Already a member? Welcome back, please login here and enjoy KOEI Warriors (Forum).

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
The Offical DC Universe Thread; Movies and Television Only
Topic Started: Thu Oct 16, 2014 2:13 pm (3,041 Views)
Sanji Himura
Member Avatar
Romance of the Three Kingdoms Video Game Society Founder
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Well Warners had their shareholders briefing yesterday, and they laid the foundation for the DC Cinematic Universe through 2020. Do keep in mind that while they are unifying, finally, the movies into one coherent plot, they won't take the added step to include TV as well.

Anyways, let's take a look at the future schedule:

List of movies that do not/did not have release dates:

The Batman
Man of Steel 2
Gotham City Sirens
Deadshot
Nightwing
Harley Quinn (solo film)
Joker (solo film)
Suicide Squad 2
Justice League Dark
Black Adam
Batgirl
Green Lantern Corps
The Flash: Flashpoint
Justice League Part 2 (working title)

[Note: Movies in italics indicate that a movie has been released in theaters, and is only present here for reference.]

DC Movies Release Chart
Date Released
(US Theaters)
Movie NameStudio
June 14, 2013Man of SteelWarner Brothers
March 20, 2016Batman vs. Superman: Dawn of JusticeWarner Brothers
August 5, 2016Suicide SquadWarner Brothers
June 2, 2017Wonder WomanWarner Brothers
November 17, 2017Justice LeagueWarner Brothers
December 21, 2018AquamanWarner Brothers
April 5, 2019ShazamNew Line Cinema
November 1, 2019Wonder Woman 2Warner Brothers
February 14, 2020Untitled DC FilmWarner Brothers
April 3, 2020CyborgWarner Brothers
June 5, 2020Untitled DC FilmWarner Brothers
July 24, 2020Green Lantern Corps. (Rumored)Warner Brothers

Update history: (Last five updates shown; Newest first)

3/9/2018: Removed The Flash release date as it is currently fluid in 2020. (See top list)

8/8/2016: Changed the formatting of the chart from a free form into a actual spreadsheet table. Hope that it is to your liking.

4/13/2016: Added that Batman will get his solo film, but date is unconfirmed. Tweaked a few release dates.
Edited by Sanji Himura, Fri Mar 9, 2018 9:30 pm.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Fūma
Member Avatar
The Dragon Has Returned
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
So... will Batman vs. Superman feature any actual "Batman" villains? I'd like to see the Penguin in a live-action film again, as it's been over two decades since Danny DeVito's performance.

Sanji Himura
Member Avatar
Batman v Superman will have a trailer attached to Jupiter Rising next month, but the big fish here is that Batman v Superman may actually be split into two films, if Clevver Movies is to be believed. Part 1, titled Enter the Knight, is slated for a October 23rd, 2015 release date whereas Part 2, actually called by its former title, Dawn of Justice, will still maintain its old March 25th, 2016 release date.

Posted Image

What do you think of the developments?

Mr.Honda
Member Avatar

I thought I saw something online about this earlier, sounds pretty cool.

I'm all for it if it allows them to make (2) good movies instead of trying to cram in a Man of Steel sequel, vs Batman movie, and intro to Justice League all into one film.

Don't want to fall into Spider-Man 3 (or TASM2) over-saturation territory :kurokan:

French Overlord
Member Avatar
Emperor's Retainer

Mr.Honda
Member Avatar

That voice :OMG:

"Do you bleed? You will." :ph43r:

Lil'Richard
Member Avatar
Eternally
^ Right?

I feel like I'm the only one excited for this film. Namely because I don't know what to expect from it. I mean I get the gist of the backstory here, but they did a good job of not giving away too much over who said what or who bitchslapped whom and...

holy crap is that Neil DeGrasse Tyson's voice in the background?

Mr.Honda
Member Avatar

Oh yeah I'm definitely hyped for this movie. I loved Man of Steel despite the hate it seems to get online.

It's one of the few non-Marvel movies I'm really looking forward to seeing. Loving Jeremy Irons as Alfred, I've always liked his acting.

Lil'Richard
Member Avatar
Eternally
Mr.Honda
Sat Apr 18, 2015 5:55 pm
It's one of the few non-Marvel movies I'm really looking forward to seeing. Loving Jeremy Irons as Alfred, I've always liked his acting.
Alfred Pennyworth is definitely one of my favorite side characters in all of comic-dom. Like he was so cool and suave in the animated Batman series and he's kind of a badass in most of the comics. While I liked Michael Cane as a sage Alfred, I think Jeremy Irons will do a better job of making Alfred seem more of a physically active and present figure, as he is.

I also read that Cyborg will be in this movie. Of which I am bittersweet about. I like Cyborg well enough, but his presence likely means no Martian Manhunter in the DCCU Justice League. And I think Martian Manhunter would make a more interesting character in the long run.

On the subject of Wonder Woman losing McLaren, I read what McLaren wanted to do and what WB wants. Normally I want to tell the production company to shut the hell up and let a director direct, but I am leaning on thinking that WB may have made the right move.

McLaren's Wonder Woman would've been something akin to Braveheart, which sounds awesome, but WB wanted something more "character driven." I'm leaning towards a more character driven story with Wonder Woman a la Captain America rather than her being Braveheart. I just hope that the movie will still have room for Diana to kick ass and take Greek god names which is my biggest concern over a "character driven" superhero story.

And apparently McLaren wanted a talking tiger. Fine for a talking raccoon in Guardians of the Galaxy, but a talking tiger in Wonder Woman lore may be a touch out there.
Edited by Lil'Richard, Sun Apr 19, 2015 6:35 pm.

Mr. Kamikaze
Member Avatar
God of War
I always felt the main problem with Wonder Woman is no one is ever really sure of her identity. You got Superman and Batman with super detailed and in depth origin stories. Everyone knows Superman is the last of his kind sent to Earth from his dying planet as a baby. Everyone knows Bruce's parents were murdered and he is an orphan billionaire. Ask anyone Wonder Woman's origin...most of them won't have a clue. Which then relates to who is she as a character? She isn't the last kryptonian she isn't a billionaire...

all this to say, everyone wants something different from her because she SEEMS like a blank slate, which is so unfortunate. As one third of DC's Trinity, she should be treated better.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Lil'Richard
Member Avatar
Eternally
Which is why a more "character driven" story would probably be more beneficial to defining her character than her being "Braveheart" with boobs.

Really the best thing that can happen is if she's in a movie with no Batman or Superman cameos and it would force the writers and directors to create her for her. But I'm hoping in BvS she's has some...."mystique" around her. We establish that she's meta-human but she does have an air of mystery that grasps the audience's interest until she is fully revealed in her solo film.

And in regards to Wonder Woman's origin story? Well it's been changed so much that's why no one can pick up on it. Supposedly in the DCCU she's the daughter of Zeus, which is an okay concept, but perhaps too Thor-like. I would've preferred he original story of being molded out of clay and growing up on Themyscira and then do the thing with Steve Trevor...blah blah off we go, but the daughter of Zeus doesn't drive much away from her origin story so I think that's an okay choice.

Anything's better than her being Kryptonian rumor that stared a while back. That would've made me puke.
Edited by Lil'Richard, Sun Apr 19, 2015 8:39 pm.

Mr. Kamikaze
Member Avatar
God of War
There was a rumor that she was going to be Kryptonian? Ugh...that would've been awful.

I personally like her New 52 origin, where she is the daughter of Zeus. Makes her more of a force of nature, being an actual demigod, more on Thor's level, than...well, than she was before, which I felt was inconsistent anyway, as it was.

Mr.Honda
Member Avatar

Mr. Kamikaze
Sun Apr 19, 2015 8:44 pm
There was a rumor that she was going to be Kryptonian? Ugh...that would've been awful.
:crazy:

That would have been terrible, ugh. Why would someone suggest such a crappy thing?

My only thoughts with Alfred is that they are specifically going for an older, more seasoned Batman/Bruce Wayne this time around, so I would think that Alfred would be much older as well. I really liked Michael Caine's Alfred, but I'm sure Jeremy Irons will do just as well, even if he seems like he'd be a bit younger than the previous Alfred we've seen on screen (the first guy was REALLY aged, lol :lol: )

Lil'Richard
Member Avatar
Eternally
Found some unreleased extra footage from the IMAX screening of the teaser:

Posted Image

Mr.Honda
Member Avatar

And then this happened ...

Spoiler: click to toggle

Looks friggin insane :crazy: I love Heath Ledger's take on the Joker, but I'm intrigued to see how Leto does it :asia:

Sanji Himura
Member Avatar
I'm not really buying the look. It appears to me that they have taken the worse out of the New 52 Joker and mixing it with Miller's Joker.

Mr. Kamikaze
Member Avatar
God of War
Yeah im not that into the look either. Joker is at his best when he's a highly intelligent psychopath, that's what makes him so dangerous. He is incredibly smart.

Leto's Joker looks like some rando escaped from the psych ward and got a bunch of tattoos.

I have confidence Leto will pull it off, though. I just don't care much for the look.

Lil'Richard
Member Avatar
Eternally
I agree that I'm not 100% into the look. I mean he does look crazy, but it would've been better if we got to see the Joker's signature "smile" instead of the yelling tattooed Devil's Reject.

I'm hoping that his tell-tale purple suit returns, but I think Leto will give the Joker something interesting to watch.

Lil'Richard
Member Avatar
Eternally
For those who want the see the DC Universe drown and fail and proclaim Marvel as the winner will be delighted to read this:

http://io9.com/even-hollywood-has-some-major-doubts-about-warner-bros-1701056812

My own optimism over BvS has been drowned with this because it seems like a hard way to make a cohesive universe...at least in the time frame WB wants.

I don't find MCU's movies perfect and have a found a few to be overhyped, but they do know how to accomplish a cinematic universe by assigning everything to one guy. WB doesn't seem interested in doing that.

Now I have seen arguments that this way could lead to the individual DC movies being more critically and fundamentally more interesting and sound with each one being treated differently as opposed to the MCU's movies generally feeling same-y and at this point losing it's luster. However we all know that the general populace will automatically put DC's entire cinematic universe against MCU's so at the end of the day, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Green Lantern, and The Flash movies induvidual could be eons critically better than the Thor, Cap, Iron Man indie movies, but everyone will more than likely say that MCU's combined universe is better than DCs, which could be true.

And for the trolls of the internet that's all that matters.

Mr. Kamikaze
Member Avatar
God of War
DC should've just stuck with doing what they were doing with the Nolan Batman movies rather than try and go for their own cinematic universe, because now people ARE comparing the two, which is only natural cause DC and Marvel are natural competitors in everything they do.

DC can still make good movies, they just won't be part of a bigger universe. It'll take that one overzealous director who turns Green Lantern or Flash into some weird, existential, over complicated movie because ART...and that'll throw the whole thing out of whack.

I've said from the beginning, WB and DC don't seem to have any idea what they're doing. They are all over the damn place with no clear direction at all. I of course WANT them to succeed, I love these characters as an avid reader of DC comics as well as Marvel. I WANT to see these characters star in successful movies...but I'm so pessimistic.

Lil'Richard
Member Avatar
Eternally
One thing I will say in WB's favor is that while Marvel seems to be stuck in a rut of a specific formula which can and will get old very quickly if the International reviews of AoU is any indication, is that WB is doing things differently.

For example BvS: two iconic heroes (presumably) fighting each other. I will grant that Marvel had aspects of this in the Avengers movies, but it doesn't seem like to this scale.

Suicide Squad: An actual VILLAIN movie. A movie all about villains. Do you know how many people would cream their pants if Loki and... I guess Red Skull and Winter Soldier had a movie all to themselves?

Wonder Woman movie: Now this is in the "ehhhh" department, because there seems to be trouble and in all fairness, Wonder Woman is hard to write when you want to please both the mass audience and the rabid comic book nerds. And since she is female there will inevitably be a lot of haters on either the ultra feminist side and the anti-feminist side. But if all goes well (which I pray it does) it will be the first successful female superhero movie in a cinematic universe setting.

Other than that, with Aquaman being in somewhat of a limbo we really don't know what they have planned after Suicide Squad. Although I want a Wonder Woman movie above everything and anything, I will be willing to wait another year for her solo debut just to make sure she's done right and in conjunction everything leading up to JLA movie.

On another note here's a fully lit picture of BatFleck : http://frenckcinema.altervista.org/portale/?q=content/ben-affleck-%C3%A8-batman-questi-due-bellissimi-artwork-promozionali
Say what you want about Affleck, he at least looks a hell of a lot like Batman. He even has the little yellow belt and it's so cute I want to touch it.

I'm posting this as an add on since I don't want to double post, but here's the first look at Suicide Squad

Posted Image
Edited by Lil'Richard, Mon May 4, 2015 1:35 am.

Bamboo
Member Avatar
*hail hydra*
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
^ugh I really am not feeling Suicide Squad's aesthetic. It's so gray and bland and it's going to take a lot from the movie to get me aboard. I'm guessing that those extraneous characters on the sides + Katana are red shirts that are gonna die at some point during the movie. It'd make sense too, because the film needs to give us a sense of danger given the name of the squad.

I'm scared for the DCU. IIRC Zack Snyder is acting as the shepherd for this universe (a la Whedon) but he has yet to prove himself. I am someone who actually liked Man of Steel, but as great as cohesiveness can be for a cinematic universe, I'm desperately hoping the individual movies will have different looks and feels for them. I don't want my Superman, Aquaman, Flash, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, etc. movies to all have that less-than-vibrant color palette and Hans Zimmer score.

Hopefully something that this fledgling universe can do, however, is make great villains. Nolan's Bat-verse films always had strong, charismatic antagonists and that's something that the Marvel movies are always lacking. Zod was scary, perhaps a bit one-note but still had gravitas, and I have faith in Jesse Eisenberg's Lex Luthor.

Also, did anyone else hear about The Rock playing Black Adam? So excited for that [and Momoa as Aquaman] :shifty:

Wandrian
Member Avatar
A Heart of Dorkness
Bamboo
Sun May 31, 2015 6:58 am
I really am not feeling Suicide Squad's aesthetic.
I'm not a big fan of it either, but I can't help but curiously hope the finished product is different than the aesthetic and director would lead us to assume it's going to be like. You just can't have Harley Quinn and not have it be lighthearted, right? Right?

Quote:

I'm guessing that those extraneous characters on the sides + Katana are red shirts that are gonna die at some point during the movie. It'd make sense too, because the film needs to give us a sense of danger given the name of the squad.

I fully expect half of them to die. Might be good for a change, too. Sequel potential as well, if it doesn't suck it'd make for a nice potential series of movies with the rotating cast.

Quote:

Zack Snyder is acting as the shepherd for this universe (a la Whedon) but he has yet to prove himself.

I think he's got some skill, but honestly I don't think he knows how to approach superhero movies. I'm not sure exactly how to put it(my vocabulary is failing me), but to me it feels like his balance of spectacular and subtle is off. His movies I've seen that try to both just end up feeling...well, off. Or maybe he tries to do both in everything? Yeah, I really have no idea how to put this thought into words, apologies :kurokan:

Quote:

Nolan's Bat-verse films always had strong, charismatic antagonists

Charismatic? :hehe:

Scarecrow: "#&$% you, enjoy being scared to death. Hahaha, I am evil."

Joker: "I'm a great magician and completely harmless. YOUR FACE IS MELTED!"

Bae: "Do your job, then I kill you. Yesh."

Bamboo
Member Avatar
*hail hydra*
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Wandrian

You just can't have Harley Quinn and not have it be lighthearted, right? Right?
:whistle: We'll see lol

I never thought about the rotating cast, although I think if anyone, Will Smith, Margot Robbie and Jared Leto are shoe-ins. It's probably just my bias but I think Kinnaman (B-list) as the group's leader makes the studio less savvy on keeping his character around for sequels, especially compared to when Tom Hardy (A-list) was supposed to be Rick Flag.

No, I totally understand the brainfart tragedy. :lol: The only two films that I've watched and am sure he's directed are MoS and Watchmen, two films that are definitely less than subtle, so there's that there

Quote:

Charismatic? :hehe:

Scarecrow: "#&$% you, enjoy being scared to death. Hahaha, I am evil."

Joker: "I'm a great magician and completely harmless. YOUR FACE IS MELTED!"

Bae: "Do your job, then I kill you. Yesh."
Maybe "charismatic" was the wrong word lol. Joker, Bane, Two-Face and Ra's are definitely above Scarecrow, but I would always root for both Batman and the antagonist in the Nolan Bat films. It was great fun watching the Joker dominate over the rest of the mobs, and I took pity on Dent after his transformation. In Bane's case, he and the League of Shadows were just too cool and unlike Scarecrow's case, when Batman and Bane were fighting I wasn't just rooting for one of them, I was rooting for both (at different levels of enthusiasm, of course). Hopefully that explains it better

Epic Score
Member Avatar
Eastern Mythologist
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Lil'Bellflower
Thu Apr 30, 2015 1:27 pm
Suicide Squad: An actual VILLAIN movie. A movie all about villains. Do you know how many people would cream their pants if Loki and... I guess Red Skull and Winter Soldier had a movie all to themselves?

I'm posting this as an add on since I don't want to double post, but here's the first look at Suicide Squad

Posted Image
But if the log line is to be believed, they're acting as government recruits, so it's less of a villain movie than an anti-hero movie.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
Learn More · Sign-up for Free
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Movies · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Composed & Designed by, ©KOEI Warriors, 2005-2017. All rights reserved.