Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Hello and welcome to KOEI Warriors (Forum), the official leading Rank 1 forum of ZetaBoards free online service of thousands of message boards aimed at video gaming; specifically the best KOEI TECMO fan site online! With over 35,000 forum members already a part of the community and millions of comments recorded! Thank you for visiting, we hope you enjoy the message board!

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. By signing up and experiencing KOEI Warriors message board you will have access to features that are member-only such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, voting in recognized polls, and more importantly discussion and the latest news from KOEI TECMO with fellow fans of their products. Our Members Only section via joining will grant you KOEI Warriors graphics, downloads and more.

We also have social network pages on Facebook, Twitter and a videos channel on YouTube, so please find us there.

If you need any help please don't hesitate to ask a member of staff/moderator. Thank you.

Regards,
KOEI Warriors Staff Team

Join our community at KOEI Warriors (Forum)!

Already a member? Welcome back, please login here and enjoy KOEI Warriors (Forum).

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Choose your favorite element!
Fire 11 (24.4%)
Ice 12 (26.7%)
Lightning 4 (8.9%)
Wind 8 (17.8%)
Slay 8 (17.8%)
Other (please specify in your post) 2 (4.4%)
Total Votes: 45
Your favorite element in Warriors games!; You have TWO votes!
Topic Started: Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:06 pm (905 Views)
Fūma
Member Avatar
🍕
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Both Dynasty and Samurai Warriors have featured a wide variety of different weapon elements over the years, which add special effects to character's certain attacks. They can be acquired by either equipping certain items to battle (such as orbs in DW4, or swords in SW4) or having a skill on weapon that enables to element to take effect.

However, there are five elements that have more or less been the staple ones in recent DW and SW games:
- Fire/Flame
- Ice
- Lightning/Thunder
- Wind
- Slay/Dark/Death/Demon/Shura...

There have been other, more uncommon elements though, such as water, poison and earth. However they've only appeared in few games so they're not included in the poll.

So, vote for the element you like the most! You can vote up to two. If you choose other, then please specify what element it is. Feel feel to also discuss anything related to the elements in general. ^_^

My favorite has always been ice! I like freezing those enemies :D Plus in most games the particle effects look cool with that element. And I voted wind as well, it's been quite helpful in recent games.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

loyal soldier
Member Avatar
Lost Member of the Juppongatana
[ *  *  * ]
I chose Fire and Lightning but I voted too fast and accidentally chose one :lol:
But I'm going back to DW4 on this topic, In DW4 I had a strategy with the elemental orbs

Shu - Lightning Orb - Because most characters in Shu had long ranged weapons

Wei - Vorpal Orb - Because most characters in Wei had short ranged weapons

Wu - Fire Orb - Because Wu is known for fire attacks

Others - Any Orb - I would usually choose and orb depending on the character and weapon such as:

Lu Bu - Lightning or Fire Orb
Diao Chan - Vorpal Orb
Yuan Shao - Vorpal or Lightning Orb
Zhang Jiao - Fire Orb
Meng Huo - Poison Orb
Zhu Rong - Fire Orb

AstralTempest
Member Avatar
Drops Of Jupiter
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I voted for Fire and Lightning ^_^
Both elements look super cool when activated!! Though I lean towards lightning more for stunning stuff...

Lion_Of_Sagami
Member Avatar
General
[ *  *  *  * ]
I usually always went with wind, lightning and slay in older games. Nowadays, I just go with whatever suits the officer.

Fūma
Member Avatar
🍕
I would say that, Slay element has been very useful in some games while being quite weak in others. Here's my documentation of that element through SW series... yes I'm very bored.

In the original Samurai Warriors, the only way to get this was by equipping all five books of Musashi. Which essentially meant that you had to sacrifice all five items slots for one devastating element that triggered in most attacks. It also forced you to travel around battlefield rather slowly due to the lack of Tengu Sandals or Matsukaze. I never used this tactic though, because by the time I had cleared Abyss, I already had maxed most items to +50. The element itself defeated all weak enemies in one hit and dealt massive damage to generals. Not to be confused a more common element called Dark which only absorbed some of enemy's HP to your HP.

In the expansion, you could also gain access to this element with a couple of new skills, most notably through updated counter or buffed up Musou. The properties remained the same as in vanilla game.

In the sequel, this element became a very rare weapon element and was only set on Musashi's, Kotaro's and Hanzo's fourth weapons by default. Getting a 8-slot with Slay element was like winning in lottery, I remember farming for one for ages and finally got such one for Magoichi. So many good memories with SW2 :D The element enabled you to defeat peons with one hit and remove off a fixed amount of general's HP based on their max HP after each hit. EXTREMELY helpful on any difficulty between Normal and Chaos, especially if you combined it with Awakening-3.

In SW2XL, they nerfed this one a lot. The fixed amount of reduced HP was now based on general's current HP, which means it became useless on almost every stage except Imagawa's Okehazama on Expert.

This element remained the same in SW3 as it was in SW2XL, which was a shame. I've yet to experiment how it works in SW4, though.

Mr.Honda
Member Avatar

It changes for me in each game because they always either change the names or at least change the elements' effectiveness.

In WO series, its Wind/Bolt/Slay all day, everyday :sly:

In WO3U I give everyone the Tri-Element for Flame/Bolt/Ice + Windslay :ph43r:

The last DW game I played (Strikeforce) had totally different elements. Poison was a good one, as was Seal, but not sure if that counts as an "element" :P

In SW series, Slay/Reaper/Death has been a favorite even with the constant changes KOEI makes to it. Lightning/Bolt was a favorite in SW2, as was Ice for certain characters. SW4 I'm not as attached to specific elements as they don't stand out so much in terms of one being better than the other (Reaper the exception, of course).

Generally, I'm not much of a fan of Flame or Ice unless there is a distinct advantage the character(s) gets by using it (e.g. Toshiie/Kojiro SW2:XL musou + Ice, Ieyasu WO R1 + Ice, etc.) or I have a spare attribute slot available to equip it.

Fūma
Member Avatar
🍕
Fire/Flame has always been my least favorite... it's always stand out to me as boring, because in most games it simply add extra damage to your attacks and that's it (in DW5 it had another layer of strategy with juggling, though). At least the others have more distinctive gimmicks attached to them. Besides red is my least favorite color as well :P

DynastyKit
Member Avatar
The Prettiest Genius
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I've never really utilized or really acknowledged elements in the Musou games, I voted for Ice however because I remember it being very useful back in DW6 Empires.

Humble Novice
Member Avatar
Emperor's Retainer
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Slay, obviously. Back in the day, it was considered one of the most devastating attributes in the DW series before it got nerfed something fierce in the fifth entry. My second favorite element is flash due to its guard-breaking properties.

KarinaWolf
Member Avatar
Kotaro's Puppy
[ *  *  *  * ]
I chose Fie and Ice, because my Edited character in SW4 has both fire and ice abilities. It was so good when I toasted Ieyasu with fire I was bouncing on my bed.

Fūma
Member Avatar
🍕
KarinaWolf
Tue Nov 25, 2014 2:28 pm
I chose Fie and Ice, because my Edited character in SW4 has both fire and ice abilities. It was so good when I toasted Ieyasu with fire I was bouncing on my bed.
I don't know why but that last comment made me laugh so hard :lol:

I think it looks kinda cool when you can have both Fire and Ice element on your weapon in SW4 via the battlefield items system. Being able to combine two elements which would realistically "cancel out" each other is pretty neat.

loyal soldier
Member Avatar
Lost Member of the Juppongatana
[ *  *  * ]
KarinaWolf
Tue Nov 25, 2014 2:28 pm
I feel ya brother, not a big fan of Ieyasu either :lol:

Wild Lion
Member Avatar
King For A Day, Fool For A Lifetime
Lightning was the best in DW3, I loved knocking one dude into a crowd and watching him zap all the rest of them straight to the ground

Buster Wolf
Member Avatar
Nene Ninpō
[ *  *  *  * ]
Personally I have been a fan of Ice though it's not too useful in DW(as only certain charge attack hits will have element and Musou tends to defrost the target), but very useful in SW.

My second favorite I wish would return in some form since I think DW4 is the only game it's been in Poison. The effect is nice(lowers defense), but it doesn't last long enough for it to be very useful.

Katatonia
Member Avatar
Gloom, Beauty and Despair

Ice/Slay. Nothing like putting people on ice, and then the pretty purples with slay :D

NekoWarrior
Member Avatar
Han's Unifier
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
lightning and ice

Fūma
Member Avatar
🍕
Buster Wolf
Sun Nov 30, 2014 7:03 am
My second favorite I wish would return in some form since I think DW4 is the only game it's been in Poison. The effect is nice(lowers defense), but it doesn't last long enough for it to be very useful.
It was also featured in DW: Strikeforce. I don't remember if it functioned the same way, though.

Seems like they're going to make Earth one of the core elements from this point onward in SW. And that's great because I always wondered why that element made little to no appearances in Warriors games before.

Mr.Honda
Member Avatar

Fuuma
Mon Dec 15, 2014 1:41 pm
Buster Wolf
It was also featured in DW: Strikeforce. I don't remember if it functioned the same way, though.
Poison was a bit different in Strikeforce. It constantly drained Enemy health once it activated. Was VERY effective, especially with bow moveset as you could play it safe and just blast the enemy with repeated arrows from a distance that sucked the life from them :ph43r:

Sayane
Member Avatar
Nene fan <3
[ *  *  *  * ]
My favourite element is Ice. Ideal for to eliminate officer faster. And this a very helpful element when your health gauge is in red. :XD

tmma1869
Supreme Warrior-Scholar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Fire - increased damage during charged attacks
Lightning - My favorite simply because it looks amazing
Ice - Temporarily freezes an enemy and I use it to my advantage to give more damage
Air - Increases possibility of keeping enemies in mid-air since for some characters I play as, I tend to use charge attacks that send enemies flying, and stuff. Also... judging from my experiences with portable DW5 (a.k.a. Volume 2) I think it also increases the number of attacks when it's involved in the weapon equipped by certain characters.
Slay - easy killing...? Same as fire, I think but not too obvious in WO series

Yeah, I can't seem to choose one.

As for the others I didn't mention... I don't know how they work yet.

Fūma
Member Avatar
🍕
Mr.Honda
Mon Dec 15, 2014 6:56 pm
Fuuma
Mon Dec 15, 2014 1:41 pm
Buster Wolf
Poison was a bit different in Strikeforce. It constantly drained Enemy health once it activated. Was VERY effective, especially with bow moveset as you could play it safe and just blast the enemy with repeated arrows from a distance that sucked the life from them :ph43r:
Right, thanks man ^_^ I feel that element should return to the main series one day, right now DW's been stuck with the staple five for a long time so it would be nice to refresh the selection of elements a bit. Especially when even SW4 established a new central element, earth, to the mix.

Pandemonium
Member Avatar
May The Dark shine our way
[ *  *  *  * ]
My absolute favorite is the Death element from DW3. Nothing is superior to killing all soldiers with one hit and inflicting a massive amount of damage to the officers :)

Fūma
Member Avatar
🍕
Here's a pie chart I made regarding the popularity of the elements :XD Yes I was very bored.

Posted Image

I'm rather surprised how unpopular the lightning element is among the fans.

Mr.Honda
Member Avatar

The Lightning element is one that suffers most between games because it's effectiveness seems to always change.

In WO series, it's ridiculously effective. Same with SW2.

I don't recall it being as effective in the other games :/

Fūma
Member Avatar
🍕
^Agreed. It should be more consistent.
Edited by Fūma, Wed Jan 21, 2015 9:33 am.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · KOEI Heroes · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Composed & Designed by, ęKOEI Warriors, 2005-2017. All rights reserved.