Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Hello and welcome to KOEI Warriors (Forum), the official leading Rank 1 forum of ZetaBoards free online service of thousands of message boards aimed at video gaming; specifically the best KOEI TECMO fan site online! With over 35,000 forum members already a part of the community and millions of comments recorded! Thank you for visiting, we hope you enjoy the message board!

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. By signing up and experiencing KOEI Warriors message board you will have access to features that are member-only such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, voting in recognized polls, and more importantly discussion and the latest news from KOEI TECMO with fellow fans of their products. Our Members Only section via joining will grant you KOEI Warriors graphics, downloads and more.

We also have social network pages on Facebook, Twitter and a videos channel on YouTube, so please find us there.

If you need any help please don't hesitate to ask a member of staff/moderator. Thank you.

Regards,
KOEI Warriors Staff Team

Join our community at KOEI Warriors (Forum)!

Already a member? Welcome back, please login here and enjoy KOEI Warriors (Forum).

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Lady Cui; Cao Zhi's Wife, Cui Yan's Daughter.
Topic Started: Thu Jun 18, 2015 6:30 am (2,879 Views)
Ryō Genken
Member Avatar
Disciplined Mind
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Posted Image
Lady Cui, wife to Cao Zhi, and daughter of Cui Yan. Executed because of wearing glamorous clothes.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

AntonKutovoi
Member Avatar
Legend
Pretty much one of the most weird and useless additions to the Blast. I can't even imagine what her role is going to be. Unless, of course, she's got some additional story about her, which I don't know.
Maybe she'll take her father/uncle spot?
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Ryō Genken
Member Avatar
Disciplined Mind
I have a feeling she will take her dad's place.
Not really thrilled since i wanna see Zhi x Zhen but her addition just screws it. It should've been Cao Zhang but i guess they want to add him next following week to focus on Zhi fitst.

eNeMeE
Member Avatar
The eNeMeE of your enemy
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Amazing design but really not helpful for the game, unless they plan to give Cao Zhi more time and him ending up taking a liking to Zhen Ji over grief since Lady Cui is executed.

I have never read up on the person and I don't think I want to right now but my first impression is a good one but questioning said points. Any links to her story would be nice I can't seem to find any.

---

Well from the first impression I have to say it's nice to see another person with brown hair and a design that matches her story detail. I imagine such a cutey character will end up being voted in by Japanese fans and well while I would be irritated if Man Chong, Cao Hong and Wen Pin were slightly shafted for Cao Zhi and his wife I understand why Koei would do it.

One worry is though that she would be the "Qiao" of Wei, which would be a disappointment. Something tells me that Cao Cao executing her was for ignorance in her clothing choice and perhaps him secretly wanting Cao Zhi to better him self since he also executed Yang Xiu a man who helped Cao Zhi. I would not be surprised if Yang Xiu turned up soon as well.

Overall I would rate her looks a 9/10 and her story potential a 3/10 since it could be a good story but also distracting for the overall picture of Wei. I have to say though that it would not be the Cao family without Cao Zhang.

Sera
Member Avatar
Legend
Now that's an unexpected addition XD.

I don't see much potential, however the design is very nice.

eNeMeE
Member Avatar
The eNeMeE of your enemy
Such a shame about her story. Cao Cao seems to have a very dark side or just care about Cao Zhi's staff since he executed Yang Xiu as well. I love the assortment of flowers she has on her head too.

I wonder who it was that reported her fashion for her to get executed, because if I recall Bian Shi was modest where as Lady Cui is not. So I do wonder if Lady Cui is involved with Bian Shi. They are parallels really, Bian Shi was modest and perhaps knowledgeable of the world, I imagine Lady Cui would come across as a slight air-head and ignorant of customs.

I wonder whta weapon they would giver her though, perhaps a huge ribbon/cloth?

TheChapInYourHouse
First Lieutenant
[ *  *  * ]
Is there a special meaning of tying obi bow in the front in Japan? I may not get the correct meaning here but I think that big yellow bow means something.

Since it is possible she serves Yuan Shao first, she maybe the Qiao of Yuan faction?

Getting executed over dressing code would be fun to watch though :)

Dongzhou
Supreme Warrior-Scholar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
It is a good design and should borrowed for a more relevant character. Nice mix of colours and detail, it could easily be too much but they avoid that trap while it does give that sense of a woman who loves to dress richly.

As a character add? The only close connections are Cao Zhi, who I don't think would be a good add, and Cui Yan who was a good man but not someone who seems to be a DW. Outside of that it will be Cao family and I suspect Zhang He. I can see a persona but Wei has good quality female potential adds, I just don't see her as a good addition without koei being inventive.

Gaz
Member Avatar
He Qi's Homeboy
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
I suppose she could serve the Yuans first before joining Cao Cao. I imagine she, Zhenji and Zhang He have a LOT to talk about.

Rance
Member Avatar
CLAUDE IS BEST HOUSE
She looks incredibly annoying to me. Her facial structure reminds me of Kunoichi or Xiao Qiao. I have a feeling she will end up having their irritating genki personalities too.

In addition, I feel like she is completely pointless. Cao Zhi was useless already, but now they're gonna add his wife too? Ugh.

The only thing I like about her design is the opulence it conveys. I'm a sucker for ojou-sama type characters. If she ends up like that, I could tolerate it. However, I prefer they reserve their spoiled princess personalities for Yuan women.

eNeMeE
Member Avatar
The eNeMeE of your enemy
Well I use to be open minded for the Qiao's back in DW3-6. For some reason Xiao Qiao was perhaps one of my favourite characters and then they made them so loli and bad I went off them.

For some reason I seem to be drawn to said character despite knowing little about them, I hope they make her "cute" but not too over the top. I guess they could introduce her at Guan Du, where as Cao Pi goes for Zhen Ji, Cao Zhi goes for Cui Shi.

It would require effort I guess. I imagine if there was another poll she would make top 5 since Japan tend to favour adviser's / pretty boys and women. Issue is though what the heck would saving her change?

Cao Zhi being Wei Emperor seems hard to imagine and not to be rude to the guy because he was a great at some stuff, it would be a doomed scenario unless they pull of a good execution with the scenario.

Xu Yuan
Member Avatar
Emperor's Retainer
Due to some poems he wrote (likely just to get back at Cao Pi) it is thought by some that Cao Zhi was a Han Loyalist, which would mean if he was heir he would have supported the Han which could have thrown Liu Bei's entire draw into disarray and change the dynamics of the Wei Court (likely for the worst) for the Wei faction, that is.

SilentNinja
Changshan Savior
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Xu Yuan
Mon Jun 22, 2015 5:26 am
which could have thrown Liu Bei's entire draw into disarray
You really think that's the case...?

TheChapInYourHouse
First Lieutenant
[ *  *  * ]
That poem may be a ploy rather than Cao Zhi's honest opinion. Cao Pi and Cao Zhi are all trying to get as many supporters as possible, and some of these supporters are still remembering the days of Han. Cao Zhi may have indirectly mentioned his love to Han just to get those supporters away from Cao Pi.

Deep down though I think Cao Pi and Cao Zhi all think about securing the position of Cao clan no matter who wins at the end. If Han empire is still around, officers may still swear their loyalties to the Liu family instead of Cao. There is something about loyalty in ancient China that loyalty may direct toward a family name instead of the actual country.

At the end I think Cao Zhi would still declare himself emperor and throw Han in the ash so officers would have to serve Cao family with Cao Zhi as their only master.

WarHawk
Member Avatar
Where did bandana go?
pretty much the worst add. ever.

don`t look on Wen Hu being on the very bottom of my list. it`s trick!

Ryō Genken
Member Avatar
Disciplined Mind
WarHawk
Tue Jun 23, 2015 12:27 pm
don`t look on Wen Hu being on the very bottom of my list. it`s trick!
Your list is questionable anyway. How the heck Zhou Cang higher than Zhang Lu to Fengshi and Wen Hu anyway? Zhang Lu is a good warlord and Fengshi opens up a higher chance for Yuan Shu in the game, Wen Hu can opens up Wen Qin and to a lesser Deng Zhong who is quite a good general despite being 2nd Deng Ai. Zhou Cang should always be bottom 3. Don't hate the fact Liushi and Cuishi as last one, Liushi ANNOYS me since she's just DW!Koshosho who is lesser version of the better original one and the fact i LOVE Lu Fan to get in the game. Cuishi is just...nyeh..useless.
Oh and i forget about Liushi...since i prefer the VASTLY better Liushi that is Yuan Shao's Yandere waifu.
Edited by Ryō Genken, Tue Jun 23, 2015 12:38 pm.

WarHawk
Member Avatar
Where did bandana go?
^ I just don`t like their look, it`s not PURELY based on the card importance itself. For me it`s painful to see Zhang Lu as douche like this. The same can be said about Cao Hong or Guanqiu Jian. Even though they were douchebags, they just don`t look like PC, unpcs at the very best and it`s not the compliment. The same for those girls, Liushi is only card from tier bottom I actually like, but her character is just nothing for me. As for Wen Hu... urgh, he looks soooooo bland. I just hate this mimicry sort of WenYangwithZhaoYuninblender.
yes you may ask why Zhou Cang is not here. let`s say his costume and colour scheme is not bad. it`s just ... normal. him being Zhang Fei number 2 in sambrero is different story.
Edited by WarHawk, Tue Jun 23, 2015 12:46 pm.

Ryō Genken
Member Avatar
Disciplined Mind
WarHawk
Tue Jun 23, 2015 12:45 pm
^ I just don`t like their look, it`s not PURELY based on the card importance itself. For me it`s painful to see Zhang Lu as douche like this. The same can be said about Cao Hong or Guanqiu Jian. Even though they were douchebags, they just don`t look like PC, unpcs at the very best and it`s not the compliment. The same for those girls, Liushi is only card from tier bottom I actually like, but her character is just nothing for me. As for Wen Hu... urgh, he looks soooooo bland. I just hate this mimicry sort of WenYangwithZhaoYuninblender.
Points taken. I just hope Zhang Lu isn't portrayed like his novel version, why must he be a crazy guy in the novel anyway. But tbh, i don't see Zhang Lu as that kind of douche BASED on the design...maybe it's just me, he seems like a pretty kind guy, maybe he can be that well-intentioned extremist where he becomes crazy at expanding his area so that peace would be taken ASAP. But yeah Cao Hong and Guanqiu Jian are like TOTALLY wrong...but i like Cao Hong being portrayed that way since he is quite a jerk to Cao Zhen.
But hey Warhawk, Fengshi's design is VERY beautiful. I don't know why you didn't like hers. Shame she is not very DW's one...NPC at best.
Edited by Ryō Genken, Tue Jun 23, 2015 12:54 pm.

WarHawk
Member Avatar
Where did bandana go?
huh I actually confused Fengshi with someone else. there are so many SHI that I am definitely became confused. she`s ok, in terms of look and bio, more material for Yuan Shu. Gonna replace her on Wang Yue later in garbage list.

Ryō Genken
Member Avatar
Disciplined Mind
WarHawk
Tue Jun 23, 2015 2:24 pm
huh I actually confused Fengshi with someone else. there are so many SHI that I am definitely became confused. she`s ok, in terms of look and bio, more material for Yuan Shu. Gonna replace her on Wang Yue later in garbage list.
Don't forget her sister too. I personally wanted both of them after Liao Hua first...but if they wanted to tackle Suo's personal harem story mode and him fighting Pang Hui, then i'm not bothered by her. Strangely i'm fine with Huaman, maybe cause her relations with the Nanman?

WarHawk
Member Avatar
Where did bandana go?
^ well just saying, I actually like Wang Tao look. Yes, I really like. And quite the opposite I don`t like her sister. Hairstyle and younger look is off for me... her sister on the contrary has more distinctive look. and btw, meh to Huaman too, total meh.

Ryō Genken
Member Avatar
Disciplined Mind
WarHawk
Tue Jun 23, 2015 2:44 pm
^ well just saying, I actually like Wang Tao look. Yes, I really like. And quite the opposite I don`t like her sister. Hairstyle and younger look is off for me... her sister on the contrary has more distinctive look. and btw, meh to Huaman too, total meh.
Spoiler: click to toggle

BTW, is Cui Yan any good, IF Cuishi gets her father's role?
Edited by Ryō Genken, Tue Jun 23, 2015 5:01 pm.

SilentNinja
Changshan Savior
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Ryō Genken
Tue Jun 23, 2015 5:00 pm
WarHawk
Tue Jun 23, 2015 2:44 pm
Spoiler: click to toggle

BTW, is Cui Yan any good, IF Cuishi gets her father's role?
She'd at least reference his scholarly ties. But, she's a woman who wants her love for Zijian to be accepted.

TheChapInYourHouse
First Lieutenant
[ *  *  * ]
I was browsing through Cui Yan's wiki and in one of the footnotes it said Cui Shi was daugther of Cui Yan's elder brother. So Cui Yan is uncle of Cui Shi but not her father (as AntonKutovoi has mentioned)

Not sure how this really affects Cui Shi's story (if there is one) but a disagreement may come up between uncle and niece.

Cui Yan appears to like Cao Pi better and Cui Shi is supporting Cao Zhi obviously. As for Cui Shi's real father, he may turn up to support Cao Zhi because of his daughter. So Cui Shi's story will be a family split because of political/ideological differences?
Edited by TheChapInYourHouse, Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:00 am.

Zai Tong
Member Avatar
StormBlessed
She one of those many women who got killed off by Jin ?

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
Learn More · Sign-up Now
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Dynasty Warriors Blast · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Composed & Designed by, ©KOEI Warriors, 2005-2017. All rights reserved.