Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Hello and welcome to KOEI Warriors (Forum), the official leading Rank 1 forum of ZetaBoards free online service of thousands of message boards aimed at video gaming; specifically the best KOEI TECMO fan site online! With over 35,000 forum members already a part of the community and millions of comments recorded! Thank you for visiting, we hope you enjoy the message board!

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. By signing up and experiencing KOEI Warriors message board you will have access to features that are member-only such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, voting in recognized polls, and more importantly discussion and the latest news from KOEI TECMO with fellow fans of their products. Our Members Only section via joining will grant you KOEI Warriors graphics, downloads and more.

We also have social network pages on Facebook, Twitter and a videos channel on YouTube, so please find us there.

If you need any help please don't hesitate to ask a member of staff/moderator. Thank you.

Regards,
KOEI Warriors Staff Team

Join our community at KOEI Warriors (Forum)!

Already a member? Welcome back, please login here and enjoy KOEI Warriors (Forum).

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Atelier Sophie; Jun 10, 2016 (EU) - Jun 7, 2016 (US) [PS4/V]
Topic Started: Wed Jun 24, 2015 4:23 pm (4,419 Views)
Deleted User
Deleted User

The next Atelier game is called Atelier Sophie, will be released on PS3, PS4 and PS Vita.

Quote:

The game’s protagonist is Sophie Noienmuller. She’s designed by Noco and voiced by Yuuka Aisaka. She’s a girl who loves alchemy and runs an atelier studio on the edge of town.

Also revealed is another character named Prafta. She’s designed by Yuugen and voiced by Yuka Iguchi. She’s a silver-haired girl who lost most of her memory. There’s a new “Dollmake” feature that lets you customize Prafta’s appearance with things like cute costumes using material you synthesize.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Teaser trailer:

I just hope Time-Management isn't making a come back, Atelier Shallie was so good because we were able to do what we want whenever we wanted.
Quote Post Goto Top

Rance
Member Avatar
eat your spinach
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I've never played Shallie, but I honestly liked the time management of the earlier games. However, maybe I'd change my tune if I played Shallie. I'm not sure.

Maybe I'm crazy on this, but the protagonist for this game looks like Hieda no Akyu wearing Byakuren Hijiri's clothes to me.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Thai Ma
Member Avatar
Supreme Warrior-Scholar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Which time it released here? In the Trailer i can surely the Japan release see 25.6.

Deleted User
Deleted User

September 25 in Japan.

Scans.

Posted Image

Posted Image
Quote Post Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

2 new playable characters confirmed. It's fresh to see a male character who isn't meant to be super pretty once in a while. The girl with the glasses looks elegant, I like her design.

Posted Image
Quote Post Goto Top

Rance
Member Avatar
eat your spinach
That male character looks hilarious and amazing. These games definitely have some wacky characters, but he takes the cake (and in all likelihood eats it).
Edited by Rance, Thu Jul 9, 2015 9:05 am.

Ryō Genken
Member Avatar
Disciplined Mind
Dude that guy is awesome. Seriously..imo that was how Cao Zhen should've depicted. Somewhat still serious guy but also happy go lucky.

Deleted User
Deleted User

It's nice that they're trying to create male characters who aren't the pretty or handsome boys stereotype in that series for a change. I liked what they had done with Ennarcia Dysler and Pepperoncino in the second Mana Khemia game (both games are part of the Atelier series, if you're wondering).
Quote Post Goto Top

Ryō Genken
Member Avatar
Disciplined Mind
Gaïania
Thu Jul 9, 2015 4:00 pm
It's nice that they're trying to create characters who aren't the pretty or handsome boys stereotype for a change. I liked what they had done with Ennarcia Dysler and Pepperoncino in Mana Khemia (both games are part of the Atelier series, if you're wondering).

Posted Image

Posted Image
My PS2 doesn't allow to play this game unfortunately. I had to go to the nearest rental to play it. But it's a hassle and i give up..shame i really wanted to play as Lili. u_u

But aren't they always create a non-handsome male characters? I mean Keith is one of them.

Deleted User
Deleted User

Ryō Genken
Thu Jul 9, 2015 4:03 pm
But aren't they always create a non-handsome male characters? I mean Keith is one of them.
Keith's just old. :lol: I personally think he looks handsome for an old man, he's elegant and dignified. Somehow he reminds of Rowen from Xillia 1/2.

I don't know why, but I believe Oskar's going to act as a jerk first. Hidedata's syndrome, maybe? :ph43r:
Quote Post Goto Top

Thai Ma
Member Avatar
Supreme Warrior-Scholar
Is there a nice Trailer about this game, which can look?

Deleted User
Deleted User

Teaser trailer in full version is the only video we've for now.

Quote Post Goto Top

Thai Ma
Member Avatar
Supreme Warrior-Scholar
So we must look and look, till we find good Infos about the game and nice Video.

Rance
Member Avatar
eat your spinach
It's hard to dissect much from that, but it looks like they showed snippets of alchemy in that. It doesn't seem like it will use the simplistic alchemy from earlier games in Atelier where you just had to have the materials (albeit could have higher quality materials) in order to craft something. It seems like you'll be able to imbue your creations with elemental properties like in Eschalogy or something.

How did alchemy work in Shallie?

WarHawk
Member Avatar
Where did bandana go?
Never played a single game in this series, wonder what it looks like.
not a big fan of art I saw from Plus.

Angelic Linca
Member Avatar
Blue Sunshine of Wei
The alchemy in Shallie wasn't time-based which was a good thing and depending on how items were made and of what quality they and the ingredients were, additional attributes could be selected and utilized. Some increase how many items can be made per synthesis, others like equipable items have frame limits and synthesis can reduce/increase number of frames necessary to equip items. Also depending on order items are combined and what attributes each item possesses has an effect.

I'm super excited to see more about the female character in the scan alongside the male character.

Deleted User
Deleted User

Time Limit isn't making a comeback, yay~ Howerer, we've a Day/Night system just like in Atelier Iris 3: Grand Phantasm (one of the best games in the series imo), ingredients and monsters change according to day and night.
Quote Post Goto Top

Thai Ma
Member Avatar
Supreme Warrior-Scholar
I have all 3 Atelier Iris games and Rorona and Totori, all was nice to play, but Atelier Iris 2 i liked most with the Story and how to play.

Angelic Linca
Member Avatar
Blue Sunshine of Wei
I wonder if they'll still have the "pick one of these three" thing like they do in Shallie. Finding random relics or having monster horde fights was fun and helped level party up faster sometimes.

Rance
Member Avatar
eat your spinach
Quote:

The alchemy in Shallie wasn't time-based which was a good thing and depending on how items were made and of what quality they and the ingredients were, additional attributes could be selected and utilized. Some increase how many items can be made per synthesis, others like equipable items have frame limits and synthesis can reduce/increase number of frames necessary to equip items. Also depending on order items are combined and what attributes each item possesses has an effect.

That sounds almost identical to Eschalogy to me.

I personally like the time limits as they added challenge to the game, but I guess they can find ways to challenge the player outside of that.

Quote:

Never played a single game in this series, wonder what it looks like.
not a big fan of art I saw from Plus.

Gameplay wise, they tend to be traditional turn-based RPGs. I personally think the battle system tends to be kind of shallow in these games, but some of them have better battle systems than others. I liked Eschalogy's system.

There's a lot more depth to the crafting system than in typical RPGs, however. Crafting (alchemy) is a focal point of the game and actually is arguably more important to progression much of the time than grinding your way through battles. Items are much more important in battles than in other RPGs as well, often representing your main form of offense.

Angelic Linca
Member Avatar
Blue Sunshine of Wei
Shallie also let you do quest-related and non-quest related tasks to progress story and character development. Town Guild is so much fun. I do like that the game doesn't force you to progress story. I've been doing stuff in Chapter 2 for so long now.

I think taking out time management was a good idea, but they could always allow players to pick if they still want to have it or not. Maybe giving a in-game plus bonus for using it.

Rance
Member Avatar
eat your spinach
I may have to just pick up Shallie one of these days. I'm not sure when I'll be able to sit down with my PS3 and play it though. It seems like it breaks a lot of traditions in the series, which may be a double edged sword, though I'd like to experience it for myself to see if I like it.
Edited by Rance, Fri Jul 10, 2015 9:18 pm.

Angelic Linca
Member Avatar
Blue Sunshine of Wei
That's completely understandable.

I do love using the ability to jump though. Helps with exploration a lot.

Sophie has so much potential to work with from recent Atelier games.

Deng Ai
Member Avatar
Han's Unifier
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I wonder if Atelier Sophie will ever make it to PC? If not, I might have to reinvest in a PS4 or maybe a PS3. At least PS3 has a decent amount of Atelier games. My favorite part of the game is the alchemy.

I spent more time in Atelier Dusk Sky and Atelier Ayesha in the alchemy lab creating potions, bombs, and armaments instead of fighting out on the world map :) If this game makes it to the West (I hope), I will buy a console just for this game.
Edited by Deng Ai, Sun Jul 12, 2015 8:12 am.

Deleted User
Deleted User

New character, Cornelia.

Posted Image

Quote:

Cornelia is voiced by Yui Kondo, and she wears what appears to be a combination of bells and a mini-China dress to go with pink hair. She’s an alchemist like Sophie, and runs a general store in town.

She has the ability to create identical copies of things, but since this power makes her height shrink bits at a time whenever she uses it, she has decided on saving the power for the time being.

Cornelia is an easygoing person who goes at her own pace, and has been looking for her father.
Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Gust Games · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Composed & Designed by, ©KOEI Warriors, 2005-2017. All rights reserved.