Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Hello and welcome to KOEI Warriors (Forum), the official leading Rank 1 forum of ZetaBoards free online service of thousands of message boards aimed at video gaming; specifically the best KOEI TECMO fan site online! With over 35,000 forum members already a part of the community and millions of comments recorded! Thank you for visiting, we hope you enjoy the message board!

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. By signing up and experiencing KOEI Warriors message board you will have access to features that are member-only such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, voting in recognized polls, and more importantly discussion and the latest news from KOEI TECMO with fellow fans of their products. Our Members Only section via joining will grant you KOEI Warriors graphics, downloads and more.

We also have social network pages on Facebook, Twitter and a videos channel on YouTube, so please find us there.

If you need any help please don't hesitate to ask a member of staff/moderator. Thank you.

Regards,
KOEI Warriors Staff Team

Join our community at KOEI Warriors (Forum)!

Already a member? Welcome back, please login here and enjoy KOEI Warriors (Forum).

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Toukiden 2; Will be open world.
Topic Started: Tue Sep 15, 2015 8:39 am (45,480 Views)
Ryō Genken
Member Avatar
Disciplined Mind
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
http://gematsu.com/2015/09/toukiden-2-announced-ps4-ps3-ps-vita
Just announced. It will be open world.

STAFF EDIT - Adding recent scans/info to first post.

Character Bio.

Posted Image

Player - A Slayer who fought in the Yokohama Defensive Battle in Oomagadoki. Engulfed by a mysterious power, he/she lost their memory and ended up in Mahoroba Village.

Posted Image

Hakase (The Doctor) - A doctor who does research and development on devices/mechanisms. She created a marionette called Tokitsugu, as well as the “Demon’s Hand.” She excavates ruins of ancient civilizations in search of the “truth of the world” that lies dormant there. She’s a Slayer who uses a gun.

Posted Image

Tokitsugu - A marionette made by Hakase. The soul of a human is sealed within it. It looks cute on the outside, but is brave on the inside. As an older brother-like character, he pulls along the other Slayers around him. No one is better than him at using a gun.

Posted Image

Gwen - A British girl who came to a foreign settlement in Yokohama. After getting caught up in Oomagadoki, she’s picked up by a special unit on a sacred mountain and becomes a Slayer. As a Shield Sword user, she freely swings her big sword, Nailing.

Oni Bio.

Posted Image

Shinragou - A large demon with huge, strong arms. During Oomagadoki ten years prior, it led the pack among the oni that overran the world. Its name originates from the malevolent stars that cause a solar eclipse, meaning that it gulps down everything.

Posted Image

Hidaru - A medium-sized demon with long arms and a protruding stomach. It is said to be a kid who grew old. It commands a group of smaller oni, which it could order to attack you.

----------Scans----------
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

----------Info----------
BlackKite

• The new flagship costume for Toukiden 2 male & female player character.

• Gwen was at Yokohama when the Twilight occurred. She was taken by Holy Mountain elites and become Slayer.

• Hakase (Professor) R&Ds on mechanics & invented Ogre Hand. She also excavates ancient ruins.

• Mech-doll Tokitsugu may look cute, but he has spirit of a brotherly hero human inside him.

• This should be the new flagship monster for Toukiden 2. His Japanese name is Shinragou.

• New Oni: Hidaru. Assumed to be a grown-up Gaki/Imp, it also leads a horde of Gakis/Imps.

• Mifuchi/Manhunter and Gouenma/Chthonian Fiend are the first 2 Onis confirmed returning in Toukiden 2.

• Toukiden 2 new feature: Demon Hand, which can be used to grab Onis, then either pull down or pull self towards them.

• Demon Hand will be also useful in aiming for hard-to-reach parts like an Oni's head.

• Confirmed you can now permanently destroy some body parts in Toukiden 2, but Onis also have new movements on pinch.

• It's implied that appearing Oni will be different depending on the actively progressing time in Toukiden 2.

• If I'm reading this right, Toukiden 2 will have a renewal of the village, main character & the entire cast. Which means Toukiden 1 & Kiwami's MC =/= Toukiden 2 MC. Also don't expect Ouka & Horou et al to appear in the main story either.

• Mahoroba Village in Toukiden 2 will have a mix of Slayer's culture (as seen in 1 & Kiwami) and Bakumatsu-era culture.

Quote:

• From towns buried in thick forests, temples in volcanoes boiling with lava, and fortresses floating in the sky, Toukiden 2 is a new form of hunting action game that lets players explore a fantastic world where you’ll encounter various characters and Oni.

• The “Complete Parts Destruction” where you destroy the Oni’s life force part by part is also possible, and when an Oni loses its body parts like its arms or legs, its pattern of actions changes in a big way, so an element of strategy is added to the battle.

• As a hunting action game, the familiar online multiplayer element will also be in tact. Furthermore, a new type of co-op play is also planned.

• This game's setting takes place two years after the previous games.

Quote:

Toukiden 2 is a Japanese-style, hunting action game where players control a warrior character known as a “Slayer” and battle demons called “oni.” In fighting these oni, you’ll target specific body parts to weaken and destroy them. Unlike its predecessor, Toukiden 2 has a single, open-world map, a new hero, new characters, and in a village that combines end of Edo era culture with mononofu culture, a story about how the world came to be will develop.

The hero of Toukiden 2 is a slayer who fought in the Twilight Yokohama Defensive War. In the midst of battle, he leaped forward 10 years and washed ashore a village without his memory.

The open-world is inhabited by a number of oni that appear from a different world. If you encounter a demon, you can fight it—you don’t choose where you battle. The foreign world that becomes your battlefield is full of dangerous gas, where your actions are limited and you must build a base to devise a course of action and move forward gradually.
Source.
Edited by Mr.Honda, Thu Feb 4, 2016 4:20 pm.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Renside
Member Avatar
First Lieutenant
[ *  *  * ]
Nice.
Heh. Delete my double topic. :XD

Mr.Honda
Member Avatar

Nicely done Ryo, keeping up with it all :honda:

Open work hunting action :ph43r:

Aryamehr
Member Avatar
KHODA SHAH MIHAN
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Hoora-

Oh... No PC? -_- Well there could be another Kiwami kind of expansion later and releasing that for PC.

But I really can't wait til then... :kurokan:
Edited by Aryamehr, Tue Sep 15, 2015 8:55 am.

garnix
Member Avatar
Legend
I hope they won't milk the franchise too much.
I mean, it's the third Toukiden in what ? 2 years ?

cbaabc
That
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
garnix
Tue Sep 15, 2015 9:04 am
Tecnically kiwami was more of an expansion than a new game even if it was ported to PS4. And toukiden was released in 2013.

Deleted User
Deleted User

I guess the blonde girl is a new NPC and not just a CAS.

I wasn't expecting an open world, so I'm surprised. Still, I loved the first game and its expansion so I'm definitely excited for its sequel!
Quote Post Goto Top

Wild Lion
Member Avatar
Just A Killboy Powerhead
Why does that look like a reskin of the Attack on Titan trailer?

Deleted User
Deleted User

It looks like the very first Toukiden trailer to be honest, even the Oni looks kind of same-y.
Quote Post Goto Top

Aryamehr
Member Avatar
KHODA SHAH MIHAN
That magical hand...

Could it a mitama's doing? Because I want mitamas to participate in actual fighting.

garnix
Member Avatar
Legend
cbaabc
Tue Sep 15, 2015 9:21 am
garnix
Tue Sep 15, 2015 9:04 am
Tecnically kiwami was more of an expansion than a new game even if it was ported to PS4. And toukiden was released in 2013.
Yes, an expansion with a story as big as the main one...and almost twice as much content.

My bad, I thought it was 2014 ;)

Deleted User
Deleted User

Well, perhaps they were already starting to develop Toukiden 2 simultaneously with Kiwami since not even 2 months after Kiwami's release in Japan, there was an interview talking about what they weren't able to do because of the PSP's limitations. I've to admit, I'm a bit concerned about the open world aspect...
Quote Post Goto Top

ttora
Member Avatar
General
[ *  *  *  * ]
Meh. I hope it will be less repetitive and messy as the first two games.

And we need actual playable characters.

Ixbran
Member Avatar
God of War
https://twitter.com/toukiden/status/643712750120636416

Twitter post by Koei

:D

im kinda excited

Aryamehr
Member Avatar
KHODA SHAH MIHAN
I don't mind if they will not make playable characters.

Just more CAW options and more weapons types.

Deleted User
Deleted User

They're already playable, somehow. You can pick all of their moveset, it's no different. They still play a huge role in the story, which is fine.

Like Aži Dahāka said, more customisation for your CASs (the S stands for Slayers) and more weapons is the way to go. I guess we can expect six new weapon types.
Quote Post Goto Top

Paulinos
Member Avatar
Am I charming?
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I can't wait to see more info about this game, open world sounds awesome.
I wonder how many new Slayers we'll see :2up:

Deleted User
Deleted User

6 new characters is my guess, like in the first game. Then 3 more when they'll announce its expansion. I don't see the Slayer crest on the new girl though, so maybe she comes from a different village or something.

I'm curious to see which weapons they'll add this time.
Quote Post Goto Top

Aryamehr
Member Avatar
KHODA SHAH MIHAN
The thing I want the most about this game is a soon expansion release. Can't play it if it doesn't come to PC.

Oh, and no glitches pls
Edited by Aryamehr, Tue Sep 15, 2015 10:58 am.

Ixbran
Member Avatar
God of War
I like the fact this new girl is wielding a short sword, makes me wonder what other kinds of weapon types we will get.

Deleted User
Deleted User

Some screens in good quality.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
Quote Post Goto Top

wodash
Member Avatar
undefeated in all directions
Nero called, he wants his Devil Bringer back

not sure if i like the new direction of Toukiden, was hoping they go more east instead of swerving to the west

Deleted User
Deleted User

Info.

- In order to make Toukiden into a new “poster title” for Koei Tecmo, they felt that it would be best to make a sequel sooner than later.

- With the thought of having more immersion in the game, they decided to make it into an open-world title.

- Toukiden 2 takes place in the same world and era of the first game.

- You’ll get to play comfortably online, and also increase the multiplayer population, but there will be some sort of requirements.

- Cross-play and cross-save will be available.

- Koei Tecmo want to be able to get feedback on the game through demos as they’ve done in the past with the series.

Like Ni-Oh, more info on September 17.
Quote Post Goto Top

imayuri
Member Avatar
First Lieutenant
[ *  *  * ]
HYPEEE

This news is actually a big surprise for me, although somehow I've expected it. I thought AoT was going to be Toukiden 2, but now they actually announced it! It's a pleasant news :))

The trailer is nice, it looks so western though.. but nevermind! Would love to see and experience KT's open world. Which means, we're able to roam all midlands? and going through age by age whilst fighting.. omg I'm so excited.

Deleted User
Deleted User

I'd say, be cautious with the "open world" aspect. :XD Maybe they mean bigger maps with no separate areas. We never know.
Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Toukiden · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Composed & Designed by, ©KOEI Warriors, 2005-2017. All rights reserved.