Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Hello and welcome to KOEI Warriors (Forum), the official leading Rank 1 forum of ZetaBoards free online service of thousands of message boards aimed at video gaming; specifically the best KOEI TECMO fan site online! With over 35,000 forum members already a part of the community and millions of comments recorded! Thank you for visiting, we hope you enjoy the message board!

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. By signing up and experiencing KOEI Warriors message board you will have access to features that are member-only such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, voting in recognized polls, and more importantly discussion and the latest news from KOEI TECMO with fellow fans of their products. Our Members Only section via joining will grant you KOEI Warriors graphics, downloads and more.

We also have social network pages on Facebook, Twitter and a videos channel on YouTube, so please find us there.

If you need any help please don't hesitate to ask a member of staff/moderator. Thank you.

Regards,
KOEI Warriors Staff Team

Join our community at KOEI Warriors (Forum)!

Already a member? Welcome back, please login here and enjoy KOEI Warriors (Forum).

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Musou maker
Topic Started: Tue Oct 13, 2015 3:22 pm (588 Views)
Kuroda Kanbei
Member Avatar
Emperor's Retainer
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Warriors Orochi 3 had a feature called ''Create your battlefield'' which was a bit of a misleading name. You could only tweak existing stages at best and even that had pretty big limitations. I found it somewhat underwhelming.

Would it be feasible for future game to feature a true create a battlefield mode?

You would pick an existing stage devoid of toops and select the color of the opposing armies. You place officers and soldiers around the map and select which bases belong to your side and that of the enemy. You could also set ambush side or make reinforcement appear at either a set amount of time or when you defeat a certain officer. You could also make garrison gates only open when defeating certain officers or do certain objectives.

Basically giving a player the tools to create their own battlefield as they see fit. Would anyone see such a thing happening in the future?
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Ryō Genken
Member Avatar
Disciplined Mind
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I don't want to create a battlefield..i'm not good at it. If anything i would just create a map of endless enemies coming from a portal.

Give me create moveset and gimmick instead of battlefield.

wodash
Member Avatar
undefeated in all directions
as long as it's the correct franchise, it will sell

Megaman Powered doesn't sell, but Mario Maker does, even though both game had the exact same concept and MMP even had cooler features like playable Robot Masters/bosses, the original story mode, and updated graphics.

so yeah, maybe if it's Hyrule Warriors Maker it will sell.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Kuroda Kanbei
Member Avatar
Emperor's Retainer
I was thinking more as a game mode then an actual standalone game.

wodash
Member Avatar
undefeated in all directions
Kuroda Kanbei
Tue Oct 13, 2015 3:59 pm
I was thinking more as a game mode then an actual standalone game.
not going to happen, maybe as a pricey DLC for an Empires title, but other than that, i just see them giving these features for free, it's barely used by anyone in WO3, and as another poster said, people are more interested in creating their own characters, rather than their own battles
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Kuroda Kanbei
Member Avatar
Emperor's Retainer
Maybe it wasn't used in WO because it was really limited there. Creating characters would be cooler but also much harder to do if you don't just give them an existing moveset while just giving the tools to create a stage sounds simple enough.
Edited by Kuroda Kanbei, Tue Oct 13, 2015 4:09 pm.

Fūma
Member Avatar
The Dragon Has Returned
Honestly I feel the reasons we haven't seen it since its trial run in WO3 series are:

1. It didn't have a good reception. I know this forum is just a small sample, but most people here didn't seem to be interested much in this mode, let alone bother creating a stage or two. And according to Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate trophy statistics only 10% of the players created their own custom stage at least once and I think the percentage is around the same for the base game... this is very low and shows that vast majority of players couldn't care less about it.

2. People are too lazy to create their own stages. If the whole process takes too long and there are tons of details you have to fine-tune then they most likely give up halfway because it gets frustrating.

3. It's too simple and restricted and doesn't provide much enjoyment. For instance, the points system just sucked. So why even try to customize the stages if it's too limited and you can't actually make it feel like your own created stage anyway.

I think it had some good potential, but KT doesn't seem to be eager to give it another shot. The only reason they slightly updated it in Ultimate is because everything else was updated more or less as well...

Mr.Honda
Member Avatar

I used Musou Battlefield in both WO3 and WO3U :mellow:

It was way better in WO3U and if you took the time to invest in the details (editing dialogue, for example) you could have some fun with it. There were some custom scenarios I recall downloading made by some of the GameFAQs members that were pretty funny, actually.

Admittedly, I only played it for the trophy :whistle:

The one scenario I actually created for any other purpose was a modified Speed is of the Essence. I changed the time limit to 30min (or whatever the max was) and hoped to use it for level/compatibility grinding. Thing is, Gauntlet Mode is so much more efficient and you can gain unique drops while doing so, so it made my stage useless :mellow:

Maybe once I've earned my platinum on WO3U, I might revisit Musou Battlefield to see if there is any additional fun to be had. As of right now though, Gauntlet Mode is better end-game content.

I'd show a bit more interest in Musou Battlefield if I didn't have other things to do, basically :P The time required to invest in a completely custom scenario with modified dialogue and the like is just too much right now when there's plenty of other, more engaging content left to enjoy.

bluebolting
Member Avatar
absolutely frabjous!
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Ryō Genken
Tue Oct 13, 2015 3:42 pm
I don't want to create a battlefield..i'm not good at it. If anything i would just create a map of endless enemies coming from a portal.

Give me create moveset and gimmick instead of battlefield.
I am here for creating a moveset/gimmick! Personally, I'd put it in a Vanilla DW or XL first, and then polish it to make it the best in an Empires.

I didn't enjoy the Musou Battlefield in WO3 and WO3U; most of my fun came from Gauntlet Mode and that quick not-entirely a fighting game versus version. So I wasn't really great at creating battlefields either oop

Shogun Usluper
Member Avatar
Tiger General
[ *  *  *  * ]
I even used Musou Battlefield in WO3 and WO3U like Mr. Honda. I remixed some of the battles with different elements did some things along with that nature. But yet, I even played that for the achievement.

Ahsoka Tano
Member Avatar
“I’m no Jedi.”
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I remember me and a friend spending ages on editing a battle for weapon grinding as the default stage was dull. Zhen and Noh were the commanders with all the females under their command, and it was just a stage of those two throwing insults around like no tomorrow. I don't remember much, but I remember Zhen at one point telling Zhu Rong to get her yeast infection cured before approaching her to talk, and Ina telling Noh about a fire attack to which Noh said something about burning Inas and Xing Cais clothes to start the fire.
Edited by Ahsoka Tano, Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:29 am.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · KOEI TECMO Games Ideas · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Composed & Designed by, ©KOEI Warriors, 2005-2017. All rights reserved.