Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Hello and welcome to KOEI Warriors (Forum), the official leading Rank 1 forum of ZetaBoards free online service of thousands of message boards aimed at video gaming; specifically the best KOEI TECMO fan site online! With over 35,000 forum members already a part of the community and millions of comments recorded! Thank you for visiting, we hope you enjoy the message board!

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. By signing up and experiencing KOEI Warriors message board you will have access to features that are member-only such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, voting in recognized polls, and more importantly discussion and the latest news from KOEI TECMO with fellow fans of their products. Our Members Only section via joining will grant you KOEI Warriors graphics, downloads and more.

We also have social network pages on Facebook, Twitter and a videos channel on YouTube, so please find us there.

If you need any help please don't hesitate to ask a member of staff/moderator. Thank you.

Regards,
KOEI Warriors Staff Team

Join our community at KOEI Warriors (Forum)!

Already a member? Welcome back, please login here and enjoy KOEI Warriors (Forum).

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
When will Gundam Musou 5 be announced? Speculation
Topic Started: Sun Nov 8, 2015 10:31 pm (2,964 Views)
Ambimunch
Member Avatar
First Lieutenant
[ *  *  * ]
So it's been a few years since Shin Gundam Musou, and I am beginning to wonder when the next installment might happen? I got burnt out on SGM pretty badly, but now a few years later it seems my urge for another GM game is surfacing again! :shifty:

I recall hearing that SGM didn't sell all that well at all, and I don't even believe people liked that game all that much, so there is a possibility we might not see another game (or at least not see one for a really long time). However, if going with the assumption that a new game is being made, when does everyone think they'll announce it, realistically speaking?

For some reason summer 2016 seems like a reasonable time to announce GM5 (or whatever it'll be called) -- does that seem like wishful thinking?
The big argument would be whether there is enough new material within the Gundam multiverse to even make a new game -- but I do not think that's a problem. There are plenty of older Gundam series that were not featured or not given enough attention in official mode. And there is also the possibility of another original crossover story like in GM3.

Still, even with what we have now, there is plenty of content to work with:
-feature older shows in official mode like Wing
-finish Unicorn
-AGE (new)
-IBO (new)
-The Origin (new ova)
-Gundam Thunderbolt (newly announced, we'll probably see it in 2016)

Not to mention the features they could add with the power of current gen systems:
-bigger maps, and more detailed maps in general
-more on screen enemies and unique mobile suit destruction
-better particle effects
-the return to cell shaded graphics like in GM3 (which most people seemed to miss in SGM)
-and overall more new in game mechanics
etc

I slightly suspect that I am being too optimistic, so I am just wondering if anyone else thinks we'll see a new game within the next year or so.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

__Wang Yi__
Member Avatar
General
[ *  *  *  * ]
I think that they will incorporate Gundam Iron Blood Orphans in the next game, I dont think it will release before middle 2017

Re4_Wesker
Member Avatar
Antagonist?
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Ambimunch
Sun Nov 8, 2015 10:31 pm
So it's been a few years since Shin Gundam Musou, and I am beginning to wonder when the next installment might happen? I got burnt out on SGM pretty badly, but now a few years later it seems my urge for another GM game is surfacing again! :shifty:

I recall hearing that SGM didn't sell all that well at all, and I don't even believe people liked that game all that much, so there is a possibility we might not see another game (or at least not see one for a really long time). However, if going with the assumption that a new game is being made, when does everyone think they'll announce it, realistically speaking?

For some reason summer 2016 seems like a reasonable time to announce GM5 (or whatever it'll be called) -- does that seem like wishful thinking?

I slightly suspect that I am being too optimistic, so I am just wondering if anyone else thinks we'll see a new game within the next year or so.
Personally I'm actually fond of DWG Reborn/Shin. I really enjoyed the gameplay in particular. For me at least it felt like a solid balance between DWG 2, and 3 gameplay. The option to be able to replay any mission in the game on max difficulty also seriously upped the re playability for me as well. I've gone out of my way to clear the entire game on 8 Star difficulty, with a variety of different suits. However, while I enjoy the game, it has some serious flaws. The biggest problems stem from the new content, which is likely why it had bad sales. It is also tedious to obtain specific mobile suits, and pilots in the game, which comes down to how tedious its card unlock system is. Personally I hope Bandai, and Koei learned the right lessons from this game. Hopefully they don't see the low sales as a lack of interest in the franchise, and understand that what they need to do for better sales is diversify the new content in later iterations of the franchise.

As for when it will be announced? We were discussing it on another thread recently. Personally I think it will be another year or so before we hear any announcements, but we could really get a new announcement at any time.

Quote:

The big argument would be whether there is enough new material within the Gundam multiverse to even make a new game -- but I do not think that's a problem. There are plenty of older Gundam series that were not featured or not given enough attention in official mode. And there is also the possibility of another original crossover story like in GM3.

This is purely speculation, but I think one of the reasons DWG Reborn/Shin focused on CE, and to a lesser degree Unicorn, was because of the lack of new series material at the time. AGE wasn't really successful, and Unicorn was still ongoing. Build Fighters was just being rolled out, and G Reco was still far away. On top of the fact that the CE HD releases had just wrapped up, and it seems clear why Bandai chose the series that it did. I don't think that makes it acceptable after all, but I wouldn't be surprised if these were the reasons that DWG Reborn/Shin turned out the way it did.

Quote:

Still, even with what we have now, there is plenty of content to work with:
-feature older shows in official mode like Wing
-finish Unicorn
-AGE (new)
-IBO (new)
-The Origin (new ova)
-Gundam Thunderbolt (newly announced, we'll probably see it in 2016)

Unicorn will probably be wrapped up with a new iteration for sure. They really just need Banshee Norn, Rozen Zulu, and Neo Zeong to finish that one up. Hopefully they go out of their way though to improve its class 3, and 2 roster though while they are at it. Plus it is somewhat bizarre that they have gone out of their way to not even add the Nahel Argama battleship for 4 games now. It was originally featured in ZZ, and with Unicorn having that same vessel, you would think they would finally put it in. Also Shamblo should really be in the franchise at this point, especially after they went out of their way to hype up playable mobile armours in DWG Reborn/Shin.

I'd say IBO is a guarantee at this point as well. The only question is whether they will wait for that series to wrap up before adding suits from that series, as that will likely dictate what gets in from IBO. AGE is a bit trickier mostly due to potential issues with licensing, but still a possibility. G Reco will probably be featured in some shape or form as well.

Gundam The Origin though I'd say is questionable, given the content covered in that OVA. There really isn't anything you could directly add from that OVA into DWG. However, Origin may finally push Bandai, and Koei to pay a bit more attention to the MSG official mode. I could see Sayla Mass finally getting in at the very least as an operator. The attention given to Ramba Ral in Origin could cause Hamon to be added as well. Thunderbolt could be interesting as well, given that if it gets adds, they could mesh well with OYW based scenarios.

This of course is ignoring all the content that could be added from all the other series already in the franchise. Wing just needs a few more suits to have a reasonably complete roster. The door was opened with DWG Reborn/Shin to include adds from Crossbone Gundam, and the Gundam 00 movie as well. Other series like G Gundam are in desperate need for adds as well.

Quote:

Not to mention the features they could add with the power of current gen systems:
-bigger maps, and more detailed maps in general
-more on screen enemies and unique mobile suit destruction
-better particle effects
-the return to cell shaded graphics like in GM3 (which most people seemed to miss in SGM)
-and overall more new in game mechanics
etc

I personally don't miss cell shaded graphics that much. However, I wouldn't be against its return. If a next gen instalment could give us that, while not having to cut down on the number of enemies on screen, then I would be quite interested. My biggest concerns though other than new suits/characters would come down to map design, and balancing. I would like to have more detailed maps, and not just boxes with pathways like what DWG 3 did. Balancing I think is important as well, as I noticed that a good chunk of suits in DWG Reborn/Shin struggle or are simply unplayable on higher difficulties.
Edited by Re4_Wesker, Sat Nov 14, 2015 12:33 am.

wodash
Member Avatar
undefeated in all directions
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Re4_Wesker
Fri Nov 13, 2015 9:41 pm
Gundam The Origin though I'd say is questionable, given the content covered in that OVA. There really isn't anything you could directly add from that OVA into DWG. However, Origin may finally push Bandai, and Koei to pay a bit more attention to the MSG official mode. I could see Sayla Mass finally getting in at the very least as an operator. The attention given to Ramba Ral in Origin could cause Hamon to be added as well. Thunderbolt could be interesting as well, given that if it gets adds, they could mesh well with OYW based scenarios.
i would totally play as Rambo LOL and his custom APC/prototype Mobile Worker Suit/himself punching gundams with his bare hands, or Casval+Artesia in a Guntank, more than any G Reco suit or Builder suit, that's for sure

Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Wild Lion
Member Avatar
Legend
At the very least, they could give the RX-78 its extra weapons from The Origin. And have the shield held upside down, which is how it should have been held from the start.

wodash
Member Avatar
it doesn't matter much since it won't be using it's rifle and shield on the musou game since it'll be busy dual wielding zookas, sabers, hammers, or the Gundam Javelin, unless they want to make it a separate, more pew pew pew-y unit

Wild Lion
Member Avatar
Legend
wodash
Sat Nov 14, 2015 4:47 am
it doesn't matter much since it won't be using it's rifle and shield on the musou game since it'll be busy dual wielding zookas, sabers, hammers, or the Gundam Javelin, unless they want to make it a separate, more pew pew pew-y unit
But I use the shield bash move every chance I get :kurokan: I think it's C3 or something

Ambimunch
Member Avatar
First Lieutenant
[ *  *  * ]
Re4_Wesker

We were discussing it on another thread recently. Personally I think it will be another year or so before we hear any announcements, but we could really get a new announcement at any time.

I think that's reasonable. If we get an announcement in 2016 and the game drops around 6 months after the announcement. Personally I don't see them even announcing it before summer, but as you said, anything is possible. (there is also a chance we'll have to wait a few more years)

Quote:

Unicorn will probably be wrapped up with a new iteration for sure.

I'd say IBO is a guarantee at this point as well. The only question is whether they will wait for that series to wrap up before adding suits from that series, as that will likely dictate what gets in from IBO.

AGE is a bit trickier mostly due to potential issues with licensing, but still a possibility.

G Reco will probably be featured in some shape or form as well.

With IBO they could include Barbatos in the base game and other suits as later dlc perhaps. Assuming the show doesn't have enough suits when the game drops. However the show is supposedly 25 episodes, so I'm pretty sure it will be over by then.

G reco will be in for sure. AGE would probably have Flit as a minimum, even with the licensing issues.

Quote:

I personally don't miss cell shaded graphics that much. However, I wouldn't be against its return. If a next gen installment could give us that, while not having to cut down on the number of enemies on screen, then I would be quite interested.

I remember when SGM came out and people were upset about the graphics, they addressed it and justified the reversion as an excuse to have more enemies on screen and better game stability. Personally the enemies on screen made little difference to me, and the game had major slowdowns and frame rate drops. So hopefully they go back to cell shading with the PS4 and have enough power to keep the enemy count as they want.

Quote:

My biggest concerns though other than new suits/characters would come down to map design, and balancing. I would like to have more detailed maps, and not just boxes with pathways like what DWG 3 did. Balancing I think is important as well, as I noticed that a good chunk of suits in DWG Reborn/Shin struggle or are simply unplayable on higher difficulties.

Maps are definitely in need of an overhaul. I would like to see them get bigger and get more details. For instance, I would like the downtown city area of a map to have detailed buildings that are destructible. Hopefully with good effects rather than small cardboard boxes being squashed when you step on them. I'm not gonna lie, the maps are my least favorite part of these games.

As for balancing, I think more suits need to have full move sets. Still can't get over the fact that SEED druggies didn't get full combos on their suits.

JDogindy
Member Avatar
First Lieutenant
[ *  *  * ]
I just hope for the following:

*More suits from Wing & G Gundam
*A 00 story mode and maybe an IBO story mode, since both were released in the West (IBO will get a dub, hopefully from the Ocean Group alumni again) and there might be familiarity.
*AGE is represented with the Memories of Eden arc, even if AGE is coowned by Level 5.
*Reconguista in G gets some units in because they look good and it wouldn't kill to put G Self in. Same with Build Fighters.

That's what I want, personally. That, and some elements from DWG 2 (my favorite installment) be prevalent.

Ambimunch
Member Avatar
First Lieutenant
[ *  *  * ]
JDogindy
Tue Nov 17, 2015 12:26 am
That's what I want, personally. That, and some elements from DWG 2 (my favorite installment) be prevalent.
Just curious, what elements are you referring to? It's interesting because DWG2 was my least favorite one :whistle:

Ittousai
Member Avatar
Big-teated and Undefeated
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
More G, More X, Chris & Bernie, the Kampfer, and Klim
and I'm pretty good

Wild Lion
Member Avatar
Legend
If it's going to happen, I'd expect a Summer announcement and a Fall release like usual

Not many Musou games on the horizon for next year, so it's definitely possible for Gundam to fill in that void

wodash
Member Avatar
Wild Lion
Thu Nov 19, 2015 1:03 am
Not many Musou games on the horizon for next year, so it's definitely possible for Gundam to fill in that void
Maxi Boost On is the only game the JP folks will ever need....until the next GvG title

the west will prolly get Gundam Breaker 3 or an expansion for GBO:NEXT called GBO:NEXT PLUS, to put salt on wound.
Edited by wodash, Thu Nov 19, 2015 1:34 am.

Wild Lion
Member Avatar
Legend
Nothing's ever stopped them from putting out multiple Gundam games at once before.

But it really looks like the VS series is turning into the only real Gundam game that's going to be made from now on. Really sad, because I liked the series-specific games better. It would be nice to have a G-Reco or IBO game.

wodash
Member Avatar
the last time they made a series specific game was Unicorn(and it was a crap game+movie like Tekken Hybrid), that didn't do really well for them, the norm in Gundam games today is for it to have all series in it, not just focussed one title

oh and i forgot that AGE also had a single entry game on PSP and god how crap that was, i feel guilty in tricking my friend to buy the second half of the game so that i can have complete content(the game consists of TWO FRIKKIN UMD DISCS), it's basically the most expensive crap game ever for me(though i didn't shell out money for the 2nd disc).
Edited by wodash, Thu Nov 19, 2015 1:59 am.

Wild Lion
Member Avatar
Legend
wodash
Thu Nov 19, 2015 1:56 am
the last time they made a series specific game was Unicorn(and it was a crap game+movie like Tekken Hybrid), that didn't do really well for them, the norm in Gundam games today is for it to have all series in it, not just focussed one title

oh and i forgot that AGE also had a single entry game on PSP and god how crap that was, i feel guilty in tricking my friend to buy the second half of the game so that i can have complete content(the game consists of TWO FRIKKIN UMD DISCS), it's basically the most expensive crap game ever for me(though i didn't shell out money for the 2nd disc).
The 00 games were pretty good if you imported those, both the PS2 and the DS versions

wodash
Member Avatar
eh, the 00 game on the PS2 was a QTE game, it has zero gameplay, the 00 game on the DS was...okay, but it was so short and didn't even end properly, as in it ends halfway through Season 1, that's like below half assed

i have both games, mind you
Edited by wodash, Thu Nov 19, 2015 2:15 am.

JDogindy
Member Avatar
First Lieutenant
[ *  *  * ]
Yeah, I own the 00 game on the DS. Disappointed the Thrones aren't playable (kinda why I bought it because I heard that the Thrones were playable, but somebody just hacked a copy). I also hated the time limit the game had, and it got difficult really quick, where in order to get the best ending, you had to decimate entire factions and not give them an ounce of hope (their morale meter increases every time you get hit). I quickly gave up on it, and I just keep it because of the novelty factor.

Personally, it's better if you include as many installments as possible in a game instead of focusing on one or two installments, not just to maximize profit potential, but to get as many fans interested in your product.
Edited by JDogindy, Thu Dec 10, 2015 6:41 pm.

Ambimunch
Member Avatar
First Lieutenant
[ *  *  * ]
Welp.. so much for our speculation. We're in December and we didn't hear anything about it in 2016. We did get a few DW games this year and some are scheduled for early 2017, though. I guess Q3 or Q4 2017 is much more realistic now.

GM1:
JP: March 1, 2007

GM2:
JP: December 18, 2008

GM3:
JP: December 16, 2010

SGM:
JP: December 19, 2013

GM1-->GM2: About 1.5 years
GM2-->GM3: About 2 years
GM3-->SGM: About 3 years

As of December, 2016 (now) - it has been 3 years. The difference between games has been increasing, so if this pattern holds true, next December (2017) should be the next game. Fingers crossed.

**Also hard to believe already 3 years went by since SGM, these last few years flew by fast :(

HokutoNoBen
Member Avatar
Supreme Warrior-Scholar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
If there are going to be any announcements at all, it probably won't be until next year. Next year marks the 10th anniversary of when the first game came out, so if timeliness was at all a factor, Bamco would likely wait until then.

Ambimunch
Member Avatar
First Lieutenant
[ *  *  * ]
HokutoNoBen
Fri Dec 9, 2016 11:31 pm
If there are going to be any announcements at all, it probably won't be until next year. Next year marks the 10th anniversary of when the first game came out, so if timeliness was at all a factor, Bamco would likely wait until then.

GM1, 2, 3 HD Collection on PS4 with trophies for GM1 in the summer? Then GM4 in December :hehe:

Wild Lion
Member Avatar
Legend
Would it be called GM4, GM5, or SGM2?

I guess if they're waiting for anything, it would be for IBO season 2 to wrap up

But we also have to look at the release of the announced PS4 Versus game. How did the releases of the GM games line up with EXVS and Full Boost?

Ambimunch
Member Avatar
First Lieutenant
[ *  *  * ]
Wild Lion
Sat Dec 10, 2016 12:43 am
Would it be called GM4, GM5, or SGM2?

I guess if they're waiting for anything, it would be for IBO season 2 to wrap up

But we also have to look at the release of the announced PS4 Versus game. How did the releases of the GM games line up with EXVS and Full Boost?
I would think it would be GM4, similarly how many fighting games have "in-between" games separating the main numbered titles.

IBO could easily be DLC, or they can only focus on the first season?

Also, nice FF XV avatar, that part of the game was epic!

wodash
Member Avatar
it has no bearing on the VS series IIRC, since it is made by different companies after all and the genres are different enough that it doesn't directly compete against each other....

i hope by 10th anniversary means they are bringing back the epic crossover storyline that was present in GM1, also, MOAR Musha and Sangoku series Gundams pls, in fact i wouldn't mind that the entire game being about Sangoku vs Sengoku Gundams, kinda like Orochi, but with Gundams

Lazaroth
Member Avatar
Connoisseur
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
^but not the SD versions :doge:

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Ideas for Dynasty Warriors: Gundam · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Composed & Designed by, ©KOEI Warriors, 2005-2017. All rights reserved.