Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Hello and welcome to KOEI Warriors (Forum), the official leading Rank 1 forum of ZetaBoards free online service of thousands of message boards aimed at video gaming; specifically the best KOEI TECMO fan site online! With over 35,000 forum members already a part of the community and millions of comments recorded! Thank you for visiting, we hope you enjoy the message board!

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. By signing up and experiencing KOEI Warriors message board you will have access to features that are member-only such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, voting in recognized polls, and more importantly discussion and the latest news from KOEI TECMO with fellow fans of their products. Our Members Only section via joining will grant you KOEI Warriors graphics, downloads and more.

We also have social network pages on Facebook, Twitter and a videos channel on YouTube, so please find us there.

If you need any help please don't hesitate to ask a member of staff/moderator. Thank you.

Regards,
KOEI Warriors Staff Team

Join our community at KOEI Warriors (Forum)!

Already a member? Welcome back, please login here and enjoy KOEI Warriors (Forum).

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate (v2)
Topic Started: Tue Sep 2, 2014 8:39 pm (16,271 Views)
Tetsuo9999
Member Avatar
Emperor's Retainer
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Since the last one was open for a year and the game is available in the US now, it's time for a new thread.

If you have any questions regarding the game, I suggest checking out Wynter's Mystic Weapon guide, PeJ's video guides for the mystic weapons, and my video playlist that I completed last year.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLZcH3O4rgMNiSoJLGDzP3QtjAzOplTvoL

FAQ

-Hundun is unlocked by completing the first layer of Gauntlet Mode.
-Kyubi is unlocked by finishing a Gaiden stage with Tamamo no Mae in it.
-Xu Shu is unlocked via a camp event IIRC.
-Apparently vanilla WO3 never got the update to allow for the uploads of save data, so transfers can't be done at this time.
- The new items can be found here. http://koei.wikia.com/wiki/Treasure_Guide#Warriors_Orochi_3
-The juicy new items that enable jump and step canceling are obtained through quest rewards in Gauntlet mode.

I'll update this post as more questions arise. Have fun!
Edited by Tetsuo9999, Mon Sep 8, 2014 4:01 am.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Mr.Honda
Member Avatar

Chin said that patch is incoming tomorrow:

https://twitter.com/koeitecmoeurope/status/506824986079027201

Quote:

The #WO3 patch which allows you to transfer the save data to #WO3U should be available tomorrow (the game is not out until Fri). #KTfamily

It should be noted that is referring to EU, not US. Apparently US fans already complaining to Europe about the lack of patch :rolleyes:

KTA needs to let us know when patch will be ready :asia:

Tetsuo9999
Member Avatar
Emperor's Retainer
I wish the American branch wasn't so out of touch with everyone. It's not right that Chin has to deal with what the American branch isn't talking about, but at the same time, the US fans have no one else to turn to. I guess I'll hold off on buying the Vita version now, then.

Fūma
Member Avatar
🍕
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Our new home. ^_^

Too bad I have to wait over the weekend before I get the game :/

Goldskarr
Member Avatar
Tiger General
[ *  *  *  * ]
Oh right, speaking of Vita versions, has the slowdown been fixed? I borrowed the Imported version from my friend and OH MY LORD IT WAS UNPLAYABLE.

Mr.Honda
Member Avatar

Tetsuo9999
Tue Sep 2, 2014 8:44 pm
I wish the American branch wasn't so out of touch with everyone. It's not right that Chin has to deal with what the American branch isn't talking about, but at the same time, the US fans have no one else to turn to. I guess I'll hold off on buying the Vita version now, then.
Europe has the timezone advantage and ends up breaking the news first, so even if American branch was a bit more active, I'm sure the same results would repeat :/

KTA has been fairly active as of late though, so there's at least someone on the other end of that Twitter profile, even if we don't know who he/she/they is/are :lol:

I'll definitely be residing in here for the foreseeable future :sly:
Edited by Mr.Honda, Tue Sep 2, 2014 8:58 pm.

Twilight Sky
Member Avatar
Emperor's Retainer
Tetsuo9999
Don't worry, we're used to it. US branches for every major game manufacturer, except maybe SE, are all useless.

Anyway download is over with, but I don't think I'll get one stage in before I need to head to bed, since installing takes forever..
Edited by Twilight Sky, Tue Sep 2, 2014 9:24 pm.

darukaru
Soldier
[ * ]
PS4 digital customers beware: if you try to purchase the game on North America PSN right now it will give you the download rights to the PS3 version and not the PS4 version. I contacted PSN customer support and got a refund but who knows how long before I'll actually be able to re-purchase and download the game.

Mr.Honda
Member Avatar

Got this deal today in my Twitter feed:

https://twitter.com/BestBuy_Deals/status/506879425703866368

Free $10 gift card with purchase of WO3U on PS4/Xbox One

Too bad everything at Best Buy is too expensive for gift card :asia:

Ao Kuang
Member Avatar
Elite Soldier
[ *  * ]
I'm about to go pick this up for the PS4 at Gamestop; never played it before, is it worth?

Mr.Honda
Member Avatar

Ao Kuang
Tue Sep 2, 2014 10:57 pm
I'm about to go pick this up for the PS4 at Gamestop; never played it before, is it worth?
Did you get the PS3 version of WO3? Missed that :asia:

If not, then definitely worth it. Even though it uses character designs and base movesets from SW3 and DW7, the game adds so many other elements and moveset variations on top of them that it really becomes its own combat system.

Even if you played WO3, it adds an entirely new storyline, more characters, even more tweaks to existing WO3 combat system, an entirely new mode called Gauntlet (Unlimited in JP release), Duel Mode, etc.

Though for some, if you've played SW4/DW8, it can be a bit jarring to not have the characters latest designs/movesets.
Edited by Mr.Honda, Tue Sep 2, 2014 11:04 pm.

Mr. Crusader
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Yeah, it's like Honda said.

Imo, WO3U isn't as jarring after DW8, unless you're really into the costumes, but tbh WO3U deffo feels better after DW8, that's for sure.

But, for me, after SW4, WO3U kinda got real boring, real fast when I first started playing it. I played it again today, and it wasn't really that jarring afterwards. I don't dislike WO3U, but I can't help but feel it would've been better if it felt more like like WO1 and 2, with all the new bells and whistles. The DW7 feel of the game just makes it feel...outdated, tbh.

Plus, I like the first two WOs much better as far as the feel of the former tbh. WO3U. Gameplay wise the first two don't compare at all.

I would like WO3U more if it had more interesting content, like DW8, to make me wanna keep playing it. Unfortunately it doesn't, which is why I don't play it as much as I should ┐('~`;)┌"

Idk, it's just the dark feel of the game is really unsettling.

I'm just really undecided about what I think about this game tbh ┐('~`;)┌"
Edited by Mr. Crusader, Tue Sep 2, 2014 11:17 pm.

Mr.Honda
Member Avatar

I think WO1 was less unique than the games it came from, IMO.

You literally were playing DW5 + SW2. Only thing unique was Orochi, Da Ji, unique R1 special attacks, and the story. Oh, and Weapon Fusion :asia:

WO2 improved things further by adding more unique WO-only characters, Triple Team Attacks, etc.

WO3U has much more to offer. They really have done just about everything possible to make this feel different than just DW7+SW3. Everything has been re-tooled from character switching to additional Triple Team attacks, unique Triple Team Attacks with certain character combinations, the ability to toggle having all team characters on the field at the same time instead of just on standby, which then allows for more unique-to-WO3U attacks, etc.

I may be quite a bit biased as a HUGE WO3U supporter, but anyone just passing it off as DW7+SW3 is missing out on quite a bit of content :asia:

Tetsuo9999
Member Avatar
Emperor's Retainer
For those who care, here's my review of the game.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8cNGwVqEeo

I won't be covering the US version most likely; I can't afford $90 to get both PS3 and Vita versions to transfer my JP save. I'll try and get the cutscenes up in English, though.

Mr.Honda
Member Avatar

Going to compliment Tetsuo's review with this one posted by Wonderpierrot (used to be active here):

http://wonderpierrot.blogspot.com/2013/10/musou-orochi-2-ultimate-review.html

Both give a pretty thorough analysis and overview of the game before we get our generally uninterested western gaming news site reviews :P

ChibiGingi
Member Avatar
A U T O E R O T I C A S S E T F L I P S I A T I O N
Just picked up my copy though I'm utterly exhausted due to the BS training. Thanks, I didn't know I'd spend a lot of it traversing in a vehicle with no AC during the hottest hours of the day on a very hot and very humid day.

Ugh...

Guess it's a good thing I decided to start over anyway. I don't remember the story. Something about snakes and didnt the endings get Retconned anyway? Whatever... I'll get started once I find my will to live again.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Sonicthesneak
Member Avatar
Right General
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
I really wanted this game. But I've bought it TWICE as is. :(

I got the original version for my sister and since we shared a PS3 at the time, it was fine.

Then I moved out and I went and bought the Wii U version. I liked both and all and even bought DLC for each of them (making it so I bought most of those DLC's twice.)

But it's really hard for me to convince myself to get this copy. If I knew we were actually going to get WO3U... I wouldn't have picked up the Wii U version. :(

I hope we get a WO4 in the (distant) future that keeps all the new mechanics from WO3U.

SwordofHeaven
Member Avatar
Commander
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Mr.Honda
Tue Sep 2, 2014 8:42 pm
Chin said that patch is incoming tomorrow:

https://twitter.com/koeitecmoeurope/status/506824986079027201

Quote:

The #WO3 patch which allows you to transfer the save data to #WO3U should be available tomorrow (the game is not out until Fri). #KTfamily

It should be noted that is referring to EU, not US. Apparently US fans already complaining to Europe about the lack of patch :rolleyes:

KTA needs to let us know when patch will be ready :asia:
I just got the game and I thought it was weird that it didn't show data transfer. After seeing this, I guess I have to wait until tomorrow to start playing and doing videos. No point doing them tonight. :(

mogwaimon
Member Avatar
General
[ *  *  *  * ]
Hey, I just got my PS4 copy in the mail, and now I'm seeing stuff about cross-save bonuses and the like. Thing is, when WO3 originally came out, I was burned out on Musou games as a result of heavy achievement grinding in DW7 and Gundam Musou 2, so I don't actually own a PS3 copy. I only own Hyper on the Wii U (Which I've also never actually completed, so WO3U is mostly new to me still).

Anyways, long story short, what exactly is in the cross-save bonus? I know there are three Unlimited Mode scenarios and exclusive BGM, but what tracks are they, and are the Unlimited Mode levels worth it? Can I just get a save off GameFAQs or something, or will I have to blow 30 bucks for the opportunity to erase my current save just to replace it with a brand new save game?

EDIT: Also what DLC is already in WO3U so I know which DLC to avoid buying when I hit up PSN for the stage packs and costumes later on?
Edited by mogwaimon, Wed Sep 3, 2014 2:41 am.

SeraphisCain
Soldier
[ * ]
As far as I can tell, WO3 DLC doesn't work like it should for WO3U anyway. I've got a ton of WO3 DLC and none of it is showing up in Ultimate (and I have both for PS3).

NimbusDragon
Member Avatar
TyrannoRanger, Geki!!
[ *  * ]
Twilight Sky
Tue Sep 2, 2014 9:23 pm
Tetsuo9999
Don't worry, we're used to it. US branches for every major game manufacturer, except maybe SE, are all useless.

Anyway download is over with, but I don't think I'll get one stage in before I need to head to bed, since installing takes forever..
It took me two hours to install and within 20 minutes only 13% of the game is updated. The update is ridiculous. I payed a little less then 400 dollars for a new system so I could stare at updating and installing screens for hours on end. This is wrong. These new systems have tremendous balls to pull stuff like this on customers. Never ever, ever again! I just want to play, why must I or anyone be put through this?!

SeraphisCain
Soldier
[ * ]
Okay so I figured the DLC thing out. You need to re-download your WO3 DLC once you install Ultimate. That did the trick for me.

tmma1869
Supreme Warrior-Scholar
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Mr.Honda
Tue Sep 2, 2014 11:46 pm

You literally were playing DW5 + SW2. Only thing unique was Orochi, Da Ji, unique R1 special attacks, and the story. Oh, and Weapon Fusion :asia:

WO2 improved things further by adding more unique WO-only characters, Triple Team Attacks, etc.

WO3U has much more to offer. They really have done just about everything possible to make this feel different than just DW7+SW3. Everything has been re-tooled from character switching to additional Triple Team attacks, unique Triple Team Attacks with certain character combinations, the ability to toggle having all team characters on the field at the same time instead of just on standby, which then allows for more unique-to-WO3U attacks, etc.

I may be quite a bit biased as a HUGE WO3U supporter, but anyone just passing it off as DW7+SW3 is missing out on quite a bit of content :asia:
:goodpost:

While I played PSP WO2 much more than PSP WO1, I can't help but agree with this. Story-wise, WO3 and its expansions may be corny, but everything else about it is awesome. Too bad it's often underestimated. Especially WO3U. So what if it didn't have DW8/SW4 characters and designs? Some of the characters look better in their DW7/SW3 designs than their DW8/SW4 ones anyway. (e.g. Guan Suo, Xiahou Ba, Lu Xun, Gracia (though I don't mind her SW4 dress, part of me missed her short hair) Kiyomasa, Noh)

mogwaimon
Member Avatar
General
[ *  *  *  * ]
SeraphisCain
Wed Sep 3, 2014 3:33 am
Okay so I figured the DLC thing out. You need to re-download your WO3 DLC once you install Ultimate. That did the trick for me.

Thanks for the update man, good to know for later. I mainly just want the Strikeforce costumes, especially since my favorite SW1 and DW3/4 costumes already seem to be on the disk.

Kenji Ōgami
Wed Sep 3, 2014 3:35 am
Mr.Honda
Tue Sep 2, 2014 11:46 pm

:goodpost:

While I played PSP WO2 much more than PSP WO1, I can't help but agree with this. Story-wise, WO3 and its expansions may be corny, but everything else about it is awesome. Too bad it's often underestimated. Especially WO3U. So what if it didn't have DW8/SW4 characters and designs? Some of the characters look better in their DW7/SW3 designs than their DW8/SW4 ones anyway. (e.g. Guan Suo, Xiahou Ba, Lu Xun, Gracia (though I don't mind her SW4 dress, part of me missed her short hair) Kiyomasa, Noh)

For me it's not the character designs I'm missing, it's the weapons and updated movesets. I can't speak for SW4 as I haven't played it, but I do have DW8XLCE on Steam and PS4. Playing as Sima Zhao without his new Striking Sword just feels weird, and seeing Huang Gai with a club instead of his funky new boat is slightly disappointing. I'm also going to miss Jia Chong, he was one of my new favorite DW characters...I imagine it will only get worse for me as I progress through the story.

I guess they've got to have a reason to make a WO4, though =P

ChibiGingi
Member Avatar
A U T O E R O T I C A S S E T F L I P S I A T I O N
Hahaha, the in-game cutscenes still take forever to load on the PS4.

Technology! Beautiful.

I guess DW7 and DW8 spoiled me.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Warriors Orochi 3 (Musou Orochi 2) · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Composed & Designed by, ęKOEI Warriors, 2005-2017. All rights reserved.