Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Hello and welcome to KOEI Warriors (Forum), the official leading Rank 1 forum of ZetaBoards free online service of thousands of message boards aimed at video gaming; specifically the best KOEI TECMO fan site online! With over 35,000 forum members already a part of the community and millions of comments recorded! Thank you for visiting, we hope you enjoy the message board!

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. By signing up and experiencing KOEI Warriors message board you will have access to features that are member-only such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, voting in recognized polls, and more importantly discussion and the latest news from KOEI TECMO with fellow fans of their products. Our Members Only section via joining will grant you KOEI Warriors graphics, downloads and more.

We also have social network pages on Facebook, Twitter and a videos channel on YouTube, so please find us there.

If you need any help please don't hesitate to ask a member of staff/moderator. Thank you.

Regards,
KOEI Warriors Staff Team

Join our community at KOEI Warriors (Forum)!

Already a member? Welcome back, please login here and enjoy KOEI Warriors (Forum).

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Dead or Alive Series; Official Discussion
Topic Started: Wed Oct 14, 2009 8:00 am (11,244 Views)
MegaXtreme
Thanks for the memories
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
This topic will be dedicated to Tecmo's venerable and uber-popular fighting franchise, Dead or Alive. Feel free to discuss and post anything related to this excellent series here.

For me, I've played Dead or Alive 2: Hardcore for PS2 and Dead or Alive 4 for the 360. Needless to say, I'm terrible at both. I'm so bad, I managed to get the "Unachievements" for DOA4 by losing so many matches in a row online. People just crush the hell out of me. :lol:

My main character is Ryu Hayabusa, of course. I'm not very good with him, but he's the coolest-looking character IMO. Plus, he's Ninja Gaiden's main man!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Celestial
Member Avatar
Love,hate, tragedy, and war.
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Yay a DOA topic. I have played all of the DOA games.(1,2,2 hardcore, 2 ultimate, 3, and 4.) I own one threw four and am a very big fan of the games. Great gameplay, story and the unreal breat bounce. :wub: (Yes I love the unreal bounce! :lol: )

My fav character is Kasumi. Lei Fang is my second fav but I love all the characters and can use them well. I'm pretty high ranked in the games. In DOA4 my rank was a A+ and then I stopped playing because of some new game I bought. I still play every now and agian, can't get to rusty before DOA5. Speaking of DOA5 I hope it comes out soon. Well these are my thoughts for the moment. ^_^

Zepzune
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  * ]
MegaXtreme
Wed Oct 14, 2009 8:00 am
My main character is Ryu Hayabusa, of course. I'm not very good with him, but he's the coolest-looking character IMO. Plus, he's Ninja Gaiden's main man!
He's my second main character.

My main character is that Jann Lee dude , I just love his appearance and his fighting style.

I hate those huge bulk wrestling brutes , they're way too slow.

My favorite female would probably be Ayane.

wildcard
Member Avatar
The one... the amazing... the powerful... ME!
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
I played DoA2 as well and once played DoA 4 at a friends.

Favourite female - Ayane, definitly
Favourite male - would be Ryu Hanabusa as well, however then there was Eliot. He's not only cute, but quite fun to play with. Thought it did take me a while (seemingly forever) to figure out how to handle him to play decently ;P

I didn't really get the age-question until I tried to set it to 99 for fun.. XD

LsLights
Member Avatar
Biscuit
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
My favourite chaarcters in DOA would have to be kasumi, ayane because i love there movesets and they are ninja-rey? and also elena(i think she is called elena)
because she has one of the best movesets.

SJFaith
Member Avatar
The Sinister Strategist
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Finally a topic for the DOA series! ^_^ i've played the DOA unltimate, DOA3 and DOA4 games and even the DOAX Game for the fun of it :lol:

Anyway one thing i'd like to discuss is DOA Code Cronus i've heard so many rumours of it i want to be made, it's sounds like a great idea even though the gameplay would be somewhat like the Ninja Gaiden series i'd still like to see it happen as it would explain more characters backgrounds namely Kasumi's in this case :)

Celestial
Member Avatar
sjfaith
Wed Oct 14, 2009 11:57 pm
Finally a topic for the DOA series! ^_^ i've played the DOA unltimate, DOA3 and DOA4 games and even the DOAX Game for the fun of it :lol:

Anyway one thing i'd like to discuss is DOA Code Cronus i've heard so many rumours of it i want to be made, it's sounds like a great idea even though the gameplay would be somewhat like the Ninja Gaiden series i'd still like to see it happen as it would explain more characters backgrounds namely Kasumi's in this case :)
Yeah I have been wondering about that also. Dead or Alive: Code Chronos was being working on by Itagaki and they haven't said anything about it being cancled. But since Itagaki left I wonder if they are still doing it.

Well the game it self was going to focus on Kasumi and Ayane giving us a look into there history. Hmmmmm but a thought comes to mind, in the Ninja Gaiden 2 sigma Kasumi made an guest appearance which could hint at Ninja Gaiden 3 plot. But another thought crossed my mind when I saw this. What if its to hint at Code Chronos.

Astus
Member Avatar

[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Ah, I remember a DOA4 topic being around before. Must have got archived.
In any case, I'm a fan of the series. I'd say it's probably my favourite fighting game series or maybe behind Tekken a tad. All the characters are fairly interesting and fleshed out and the story is pretty good as well. I love the use of Aerosmith songs in their videos, definitely takes them to a new level of epic.

I own Ultimate, 4 and DOAX. I gave away my copy of 3 to a cousin and never cared for DOAX 2 even though it had pretty freaky boob physics :P

My favourite character would have to be Ayane. Love her moveset. The quickness and the manoeuvring. Her story has been an interesting one as well, her DOA3 ending definitely has to be one of the best in the game.
I also like using Helena, Elliot and Zach along with a host of others but they're most prominent in my mind.

On another note, I was actually thinking about Code Chronus the other day. It crossed my mind while I was thinking of how to best word my paragraph for my English essay. Productivity at the max :lol:
I wondered if it ever was going to be completed. I'd love to see it done but I honestly have given up on the prospect when Itagaki left. Hopefully it's just my pessimism and it will eventually come to fruition.

Strider Seiryu
Member Avatar
Soldier of Fortune
[ *  *  *  * ]
I remember the talk of Code Chronus when DOA 3 first came out...Man, that has been a while......They never revealed what kind of game it is......Its supposed to be a prequel to the first DOA...I hope this game hasnt been shelved

Xiao Sooyoung
Member Avatar
Gee Gee Gee Hoot Hoot Hoot Oh Oh Oh!
[ *  *  *  * ]
i love DOA for xbox360 but is there a DOA in ps3

Astus
Member Avatar

Nope, DOA has not been released in any form for the PS3 as of yet. All Xbox exclusives since DOA3. However, that might change in the future with Itagaki's departure, the merger with KOEI and the attention given to Ninja Gaiden on the PS3.

Bodybuilder
General
[ *  *  *  * ]
DOA 4 was the first game I played for the 360 back in I think 05/06. I remember watching my friend play it at his house all the time. When I eventually got a 360 DOA4 was the first game I got. Even though I don't play it anymore I still have some fond memories of it.

SJFaith
Member Avatar
The Sinister Strategist
Yeah DOA4 was one of the Debut games when the 360 first came out and even though there was no easy Difficulty to make the game more challenging it was still fun :D

Celestial
Member Avatar
I have been visiting Fighters Generation site for updates on fighting games for some time now. I went to see what he thought about the DOA characters and it was just offensive. He called people that like Kasumi are simple-minded. If you don't like the game why talk about the people that like. Its clear that he has really no knowledge about DOA's story line and how important some of them are in it. Go check it out and see for yourself how rude he is.

Not that I'm saying he is a bad guy when it comes to other things but this was just a little much.

WuTiger123
Member Avatar
PSN: WuTiger123
I have played al the DoA games, i have to say one of my favourites has to be La Mariposa, for a wrestlers shes very quick and agile. I dont like Kokoro that much, her fighting stle was to detatched, its not smoth an flowing compared to kasumi or ayane. I hope they do make a Ninja Gaiden game for Kasumi and Ayane, cos TECMO played up their relationship a lot during the DOA series, first being enemies hen in ultimate it is later revelaed that Kasumis mother was raped by Raidou and gave birth to Ayane. So i would like to see what hapens when they encounter eachother and find out...thats if they dont already know :/

SJFaith
Member Avatar
The Sinister Strategist
Has anyone noticed that Raidou looks like Yoshihiro's evil Twin? :lol:

Nagato
Member Avatar
Elite Soldier
[ *  * ]
I have played 2 , 3 & 4 and my favorite characters would have to be the Ninjas and I like the wrestler Bass or something and that Zack guy as well. DOA 3 kinda sucked to me.

SJFaith
Member Avatar
The Sinister Strategist
DOA3 was quite fun especially since there was a Secret Character you could unlock called Ein by fulfilling a certain condition plus trying to unlock the extra costumes was a fun challenge :D

Spooky Electric
Member Avatar
will be your boss
[ *  *  * ]
Celestial
Sun Oct 18, 2009 7:15 pm
I have been visiting Fighters Generation site for updates on fighting games for some time now. I went to see what he thought about the DOA characters and it was just offensive. He called people that like Kasumi are simple-minded. If you don't like the game why talk about the people that like. Its clear that he has really no knowledge about DOA's story line and how important some of them are in it. Go check it out and see for yourself how rude he is.

Not that I'm saying he is a bad guy when it comes to other things but this was just a little much.
I cannot STAND the guy who runs Fighters Generation. I pretty much disagree completely with everything the guy says, and dude is ignorantly biased towards anything not Tekken or Street Fighter, which is ridiculous for a guy who goes by a King of Fighters character's name.

Anyway, Dead or Alive is my favorite fighting game series without question. It's so much faster, fluid, beautifully animated, and simply funner than any other fighting game series. I own every game, including the DOAX games, though I rarely play those. :P

My favorite characters are Jann Lee and Ayane, but Ein/Hitomi, Hayate, Zack, Kasumi, Lisa, and Hayabusa are great too. In fact, I love every character besides Bayman/Leon.

Yedo
Member Avatar
Words Words Words ghghg hg hgh
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
DOA is a pretty good series. Though gameplay wise, it sort of lacks depth. However, I hate to admit it...it's better than Tekken.

I've played 3 of the games, from DOA2 Hardcore to 4. So far, DOA 2 Hardcore is my favorite.

As for characters...I usually use Bayman (brutal moves...) and Tina. I also like using Jann Lee, Ein (Karate), Hitomi, and Kokoro.

Celestial
Member Avatar
Spooky Electric
Wed Oct 21, 2009 7:39 am
Celestial
Sun Oct 18, 2009 7:15 pm

I cannot STAND the guy who runs Fighters Generation. I pretty much disagree completely with everything the guy says, and dude is ignorantly biased towards anything not Tekken or Street Fighter, which is ridiculous for a guy who goes by a King of Fighters character's name.

Anyway, Dead or Alive is my favorite fighting game series without question. It's so much faster, fluid, beautifully animated, and simply funner than any other fighting game series. I own every game, including the DOAX games, though I rarely play those. :P

My favorite characters are Jann Lee and Ayane, but Ein/Hitomi, Hayate, Zack, Kasumi, Lisa, and Hayabusa are great too. In fact, I love every character besides Bayman/Leon.
THank you! Its good to know I'm not the only one who feel that way. He can't look pass the boobs in DOA to see that it is a good game. Hmmmm I have t check out what he says about KOF characters. I remember looking at them a while ago and it wasn't anything bad.( At least for those I like.) I'll check it out later.

Moving on, I hope tecmo is working on DOA5. Its been way to long since DOA4. Even though DOA4 does have alot of replay value, I'm ready to move on.

SaoSao
Member Avatar
First Lieutenant
[ *  *  * ]
I started with DOA2 for the dreamcast. Since then, me and my friends play DOA nonstop, all the way up to DOA4.

Ayane was the first character i picked. Out of everyone in the game, she really stands out (purple colors...pretty). Now she's my favorite DOA girl, and I can hold my own with her. Shamefully, my best character is Brad Wong or Gen Fu. Can't tell which one I'm better with.

I love DOA over Tekken. Tekken is a fine game, but DOA take skills and good timing to master it. At the same time, anyone and pick it up and give a good fight. Unlike Tekken, if you don't know how to play then you really can't have fun with it.
Oh let's not forget what DOA has what no 3D fighter has, 4 PLAYERS TAG TEAM MATCHES.

SweetDeath
Member Avatar
The diva of Wei
[ *  *  *  * ]
i haveto say the best characters in the DOA seres are helena and kokoro i cannot believe they didnt have more interaction in DOA4 (they are half-sisters)

Astus
Member Avatar

Here's a new topic to chew on guys - favourite DOA endings?
Personally, I'd have to go with Ayane's DOA3 ending. The emotion, the awesomeness. The music was great. I felt chills the first time seeing it.

Celestial
Member Avatar
My favorite DOA ending would have to be Kasumi's DOA3 ending. I never truly understood how hard it was for Kasumi being a run away ninja until I saw this.

On a funny side note about this ending. How nice it would have been to be the leaf. :P

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
Learn More · Sign-up for Free
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Dead or Alive · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Composed & Designed by, ©KOEI Warriors, 2005-2017. All rights reserved.