Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Hello and welcome to KOEI Warriors (Forum), the official leading Rank 1 forum of ZetaBoards free online service of thousands of message boards aimed at video gaming; specifically the best KOEI TECMO fan site online! With over 35,000 forum members already a part of the community and millions of comments recorded! Thank you for visiting, we hope you enjoy the message board!

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. By signing up and experiencing KOEI Warriors message board you will have access to features that are member-only such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, voting in recognized polls, and more importantly discussion and the latest news from KOEI TECMO with fellow fans of their products. Our Members Only section via joining will grant you KOEI Warriors graphics, downloads and more.

We also have social network pages on Facebook, Twitter and a videos channel on YouTube, so please find us there.

If you need any help please don't hesitate to ask a member of staff/moderator. Thank you.

Regards,
KOEI Warriors Staff Team

Join our community at KOEI Warriors (Forum)!

Already a member? Welcome back, please login here and enjoy KOEI Warriors (Forum).

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Dead or Alive Series; Official Discussion
Topic Started: Wed Oct 14, 2009 8:00 am (11,165 Views)
Lu Xun001
Member Avatar
He's a Pirate
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
http://uk.ign.com/articles/2018/06/08/e3-2018-dead-or-alive-6-first-hands-on-can-team-ninja-balance-familiar-and-fresh

i get what most of you think about IGN but this looks like a pretty good basic overview/interview

they were mourning the series like a beloved child has passed, little did we know it meant "YEAH WE GOT A NEW ONE COMING" :lol:
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Artorias
Member Avatar
Scholar of the First Sin
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Posted Image

Yukimi
Member Avatar
Han's Unifier
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Finallly a reason to buy PS4.

I reckon everyone called their bluff when they gave that "thanks for the memories" announcement earlier this year.
Edited by Yukimi, Fri Jun 8, 2018 6:05 pm.

wodash
Member Avatar
undefeated in all directions
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
my interest on this depends on whether or not the VF characters are going to be in again, it's what makes DOA5(and expansions) interesting for me and made me keep playing it years after it was out

also, is it just me or are the new models are much much more oily-er thanbefore, it's almost Tekken kind of oily nao :wacko:
Edited by wodash, Fri Jun 8, 2018 6:40 pm.

NoriyukiWorks
Member Avatar
Commander
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
...so this mean this game is censored?

They selled their soul to SWJ too?

They stop with the regular and original DoA brand?

Wild Lion
Member Avatar
Legend
They split it now

Fighting: DOA

Titties: DOAX

NoriyukiWorks
Member Avatar
Commander
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Its not the same, a fighting game without sexy girls its something sad to play, i dont have motivation to play the new DoA6...

AntonKutovoi
Member Avatar
Legend
NoriyukiWorks
Fri Jun 8, 2018 7:41 pm
Its not the same, a fighting game without sexy girls its something sad to play, i dont have motivation to play the new DoA6...
As far as I recall, they promised the same thing in DoA5. They kept thheir word, but later added fanservice via expansions and DLC. So I wouldn't really worry about it, as long as game itself is good. DoA5 was a better fighting than Tekken 6 and Tekken 7, for example, so let's see if DoA6 will follow.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Katatonia
Member Avatar
H I G H S P E E D

The girls can still be sexy without wearing nipple toothfloss, ya know. That being said, hopefully this'll be a good game, more of a fighter rather than echii mode

NoriyukiWorks
Member Avatar
Commander
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Katatonia
Fri Jun 8, 2018 7:56 pm
The girls can still be sexy without wearing nipple toothfloss, ya know.
Ok for this "nipple toothfloss" stuff, sure it can be little exagerate, but "more less costumes" word was a fatality (because actually the fans think something that happened to SFV and MKX)

DoA 5 was a very too fanservice game compared to previous ones but there was a sexy bikinis and costumes from 1-4, the 1-4 was more serious (sorry for my english) maybe i speak like this:

DoA 1-4 = serious and sexy
DoA 5 = less serious and hentai

The fascinating serie of DoA is "serious but sexy" (like when you see sexy dressed womans in horror movies) but actually people hear: "we remove everything is sexy for move DoA serie in a different direction"
This is the problem point, i dont expect something big fanservice as the 5, but if they remove completely that DoA serie was in past for transform it in "full covered womans in a fighting game of the new generation" for feminist cause, then this is not a DoA anymore but only a "fighting game" we see everyday, nothign special :thinking:

PS: jiggle boobs was not in the game before already ?w?

Mark Robin
Member Avatar
Legend
Comparison

Personally, I don't mind the changes. Most comments on Eventhubs thinks its a right move. There are few that angry due... fanservice. Regards, I want to see how they can execute after changing direction.

NoriyukiWorks
Member Avatar
Commander
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
But these "change of direction" is always bad and we saw what happened to many games, this is obvious they trying to be competitive with Capcom for E-Sports business.
Honestly, i love DoA serie, but if they cancel the "fanservice" because they want focus on gameplay, so there a reason to play for us?
I mean, what it made different from other fighting videogames?
Only thing that change is title, characters and setting.
I was enjoying to play DoA for his fascinating and beautiful characters with an extra fanservice, also i didnt cared to win or lose because of the sexy costumes.
But if they remove these contents, i prefer to watch a pro player fight via streaming than to purchase it and spend my time for nothing... :thinking:

Katatonia
Member Avatar
H I G H S P E E D

It's not that big of a deal. Focusing on gameplay is a plus, in my opinion. You have yours and I have mine, but stellar gameplay to keep up with the changing world of fighting games is what a company has to do to compete with its peers

NoriyukiWorks
Member Avatar
Commander
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
But these changing its too inappropriate if you need to change your brand.
Made a balanced game for 2 type of public its better, something that both side can be happy, but change a brand only because for E-Sports business this sport starting to be hate from many people.
Because of E-Sports many games starting to lost their charm...

Mark Robin
Member Avatar
Legend
Only to get fighting game competition tournament like Evo requires sacrifice and adding something new. I mean i don't like the way they planned, but its a risk. If it goes well then great and if not, they can bring it back. Fans eventually will demand it.

wodash
Member Avatar
they said they tone it down at first in DOA5 too, remember? it was pretty modest with Pai Chan and Mila not even having one lewd costume in their freebie stuffs, and then it eventually comes back in full force culminating in Last Round, heck, the Soft Engine is developed solely for perviness and the stripperiffic effects :wacko:

Celestial
Member Avatar
Love,hate, tragedy, and war.
So happy they announced this! Was thinking I would be waiting a long time to see another DOA but Tecmo surprised me. Everything is looking good so far along with my two of my favs being shown so early.(Kasumi and Helena.)

I do remember them saying they were toning down the sex appeal in DOA5 as well and the first version was indeed tame. I've never really had a problem with the sex appeal of DOA. It's been that way since the beginning but I understand them wanting to change.

Hoping for no guest characters in the beginning. They can be added as DLC later if they want but still would rather not see them.

Valamanj
Member Avatar
Fine, twist my arm...
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
WOOOOOO!!!

This is my roommate/best friend's favorite series to play with me. We still pop in DoA:5LR on the occasion and have been mumbling "Man, they need to make DoA:6 already," for a couple of years now.

As a couple of ladies, we've never been too crazy about the excessive sexualization of the characters (I'm straight, roommate is bi), but it's never put us off from playing the games. I think toning things down is definitely an interesting choice... it won't bother me at all, personally, in fact I'll probably enjoy it. No longer will I rant about how some otherwise awesome outfits get ruined because of a ridiculous butt window or something, lol. I can see a lot of people being upset with the decision, however.

Definitely looking forward to this one.

NoriyukiWorks
Member Avatar
Commander
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Valamanj
Sat Jun 9, 2018 2:37 am
I think toning things down is definitely an interesting choice... it won't bother me at all, personally, in fact I'll probably enjoy it.
No you ened be critic and be upset because a DoA censored its not DoA anymore, what kind of DoA is without a sexy costume that we can choose?
Im already sad with SFV and MKX...i never imagined they betray us...the real fans...for E-sports and feminist...need to say goodbye to what DoA was...
I hope KOF and Soul Calibur never change for the sport and the feminist...
No sense to play a violent massacre videogame without a sexy costume to wear or unlock...

Queen
Member Avatar
Bitch
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
If sexy costumes are what make games for you you can:
a) buy the inevitable slew of DLC
b) play something else (senran kagura comes to mind)
However if sexy costumes are the main draw to a game instead of...you know, the actual gameplay, google is the search engine for you my friend

Also PLEASE learn what feminism is and what it means to be a feminist before you start throwing it around...
Edited by Queen, Sat Jun 9, 2018 8:32 am.

wodash
Member Avatar
i'm more concerned about the dumbed down gameplay, multitudes of crutches, and no Akira and Jacky by default, rather than the lack of pervyness

Valamanj
Member Avatar
Fine, twist my arm...
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
NoriyukiWorks
Sat Jun 9, 2018 7:16 am
Valamanj
Sat Jun 9, 2018 2:37 am
I think toning things down is definitely an interesting choice... it won't bother me at all, personally, in fact I'll probably enjoy it.
No you ened be critic and be upset because a DoA censored its not DoA anymore, what kind of DoA is without a sexy costume that we can choose?
Im already sad with SFV and MKX...i never imagined they betray us...the real fans...for E-sports and feminist...need to say goodbye to what DoA was...
I hope KOF and Soul Calibur never change for the sport and the feminist...
No sense to play a violent massacre videogame without a sexy costume to wear or unlock...
Why would I need to be critical and upset? Lol. "KT, how dare you take away the slutty costumes that never appealed to me anyway since I'm a heterosexual female, I'm picketing."

I mean don't get me wrong, I never went on a tirade demanding the game to change to suit my preferences because I'm "offended" by half exposed, unrealistically bouncing boobs (to clarify, I'm not), but now that they're gone, I'm not really going to miss them, lol. DoA is still DoA to me because it's always been a fun fighter with entertaining gameplay.

I'm not faulting you for being upset that they removed a feature you liked, though. If they got rid of tag battles, I probably wouldn't buy the game.

LordTerrantos
Member Avatar
Emperor's Retainer
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
frankly from what i am understanding they only said the fan-service would be more realistic and less exagerated compared to DOAX3. so the fan-service will still be there, most likely as just alternative costumes and e cas part of the story.

and some of the characters still have fan-service like attire. Helena's outfit in the trailer still shows plenty of skin and for the female players Jann Lee and Zack also seem to be shirtless. so i wouldnt say the fan-service is taken out of the game. just toned down on more realistic levels.

Uesugi Kenshin
Member Avatar
Mewshuji
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
They honestly are probably going to make DoAX the fanservice part of the series so that DoA itself can be taken seriously. And you better believe they're going to put in tittybooby fanservice costumes galore.

Mark Robin
Member Avatar
Legend
New Mechanic Explanation

Fortunately, Shimbori shed some light on some of the game's mechanics.

Though this installment in the Dead or Alive series will play similarly to its predecessors, every new game in a series should have some added features to keep things fresh. Naturally, Dead or Alive 6 will have some new bells and whistles, like the new Special button.

Set to R1 on a PlayStation 4 controller and RB on an Xbox One controller, the Special button allows players to perform a powerful combo by simply tapping it repeatedly. This combo, or "Fatal Rush," utilizes up to four "neatly animated" punches or kicks that will make newcomers feel like expert competitors.
Source

Dead or Alive Stream around 3:30 pm pst
Edited by Mark Robin, Sat Jun 9, 2018 11:24 pm.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Dead or Alive · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Composed & Designed by, ©KOEI Warriors, 2005-2017. All rights reserved.