Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Hello and welcome to KOEI Warriors (Forum), the official leading Rank 1 forum of ZetaBoards free online service of thousands of message boards aimed at video gaming; specifically the best KOEI TECMO fan site online! With over 35,000 forum members already a part of the community and millions of comments recorded! Thank you for visiting, we hope you enjoy the message board!

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. By signing up and experiencing KOEI Warriors message board you will have access to features that are member-only such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, voting in recognized polls, and more importantly discussion and the latest news from KOEI TECMO with fellow fans of their products. Our Members Only section via joining will grant you KOEI Warriors graphics, downloads and more.

We also have social network pages on Facebook, Twitter and a videos channel on YouTube, so please find us there.

If you need any help please don't hesitate to ask a member of staff/moderator. Thank you.

Regards,
KOEI Warriors Staff Team

Join our community at KOEI Warriors (Forum)!

Already a member? Welcome back, please login here and enjoy KOEI Warriors (Forum).

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Romance of the Three Kingdoms XIII; Power Up Kit Announced!
Topic Started: Tue May 19, 2015 6:34 am (103,389 Views)
BlackKite
Member Avatar
長宗我部菜々

三國志13
Sangokushi 13
aka. Romance of the Three Kingdoms XIII

Platforms: PC, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3
Release Date: 10 December 2015 (JP)
Official Site: http://www.gamecity.ne.jp/sangokushi13/

http://www.4gamer.net/games/302/G030242/20150519026/

Producer for this game will be Mr. Akihiro Suzuki of DW series fame.

Previous pre-announcement thread was here: http://s13.zetaboards.com/koeiwarriors/topic/7240276/

Official site is here: http://www.gamecity.ne.jp/sangokushi13/
Let's see the details...
Human Drama: It will feature Officer POVs, and builds drama by raising bonds with other characters
Spectacle: Epicly drawn battle scenes
Dynamism: Maps of both whole China and each city insides are contained in a single huge 3D map

....wait a minute... Officer Play...? as in like VII, VIII & X??

Alright, this is it, this is the ROTK game I've been waiting for. Will do my best to hype this hard :woot:
Edited by BlackKite, Tue May 19, 2015 6:59 am.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Rance
Member Avatar
eat your spinach
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I like the ROTKs that allow you to play as officers a lot better. I admit that it's not the classical style of ROTK, but I feel like it's the best innovation the series ever made. ROTK VIII is my favorite of the ROTK games personally.

I'm hoping that this game somehow follows what they're doing now with Nobunaga's Ambition: Sphere of Influence. I would love to see this on PC in English and with modding tools for people to create scenarios, characters, conversion mods, etc. That would be a wet dream for me.

I'm looking forward to hearing more about this. I heard ROTK XII was kind of a disaster, which makes me slightly wary. On the other hand, I'm always entertained by ROTK portraits and by any of the English games in the series they've released.

Edit-WOAH, Liu Bei and Sun Quan look way different this time around.
Edited by Rance, Tue May 19, 2015 7:28 am.

BlackKite
Member Avatar
長宗我部菜々

http://mantan-web.jp/2015/05/19/20150519dog00m200020000c.html

A couple more details I could get here
- XII mostly focused on field battles, but XIII will also make depictions of naval battles and siege battles more epic.
- Certain famous characters will have different portraits shown depending when they are governing cities or fighting battles.
(Which probably is why Sun Quan here is shown with a more general-like portrait, but he should have his usual ruler-like portrait too.)

Rance
Member Avatar
eat your spinach
Quote:

- Certain famous characters will have different portraits shown depending when they are governing cities or fighting battles.

That's super cool! I love it. That explains why Liu Bei and Sun Quan have such different designs this time around.

I'm guessing that all the usual suspects will be getting this treatment. People like Zhou Yu, Lu Xun, Sun Quan, Liu Bei, Guan Yu, Zhang Fei, Zhuge Liang, Zhao Yun, Cao Cao, Xiahou Dun, Zhang Liao, Lü Bu, etc. are probably prime candidates.

It would be funny to see Lü Bu with a disinterested, robed politician portrait.

SazukeEX
Member Avatar
Behold Sun Shi! The Fiery Tiger Cub of Sun Ce, Lu Xun's Tigress, and the Mother Tiger of Lu Kang!
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Glad that the series isn't dead though they'll need to do something if they want it to garner great attention as strategy is a hard sell.

cbaabc
That
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I had so much fun with RotK X so I'm really glad they got back to officers POV. So, everyone should buy the western release of NA Sphere of Influence to raise chances they localize this too.

Aryamehr
Member Avatar
KHODA SHAH MIHAN
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Yay, Sounds interesting! Can't wait to play it.

AntonKutovoi
Member Avatar
Legend
Cao Cao
Posted Image

Liu Bei
Posted Image

Sun Quan
Posted Image

Zai Tong
Member Avatar
StormBlessed
Liu bei looks like zhang Liao/ Lu meng and the annoying sun quan looks like Lu Dai form Rotk X which is he last one I played

Cao cao looks like cao cao

TheChapInYourHouse
First Lieutenant
[ *  *  * ]
The return of officer POV :) No more details are shown on officer's personal stats but I hope there would be lots of officer development.

This has to be the most militarized Liu Bei portrait :) His helmet looks cool. On the other hand, that means people like Zhao Yun will take off his helmet to show his pretty boy face :P

On the official page, the pictures under Spectacle section look pretty hectic. It looks like Yuan Shao's city is taking heavy damage from Cao Cao's catapults, and then Yuan Shao is sending another unit to rush Cao Cao's city (Battle of Guan Du?) Fire's everywhere so I assume fire is pretty important :) I am hoping some naval warfare screenshot but whatever.

In the Dynamism section one pic shows the 3d map and the other shows city details. It looks like there will be skirmishes on the 3D worldmap like XI. The city screenshot has an interesting stat called culture (The one with 2184. Is this a totally new city stat?)

ROTK 13 looks very big, complete, and serious so I will expect localization on this :)

edit: Take back what I said on skirmishes on 3d worldmap like XI. At the moment I think it is more like Nobu 14
Edited by TheChapInYourHouse, Tue May 19, 2015 1:28 pm.

Hero of Chaos
Member Avatar
魏王
Officer POVs and the return of the 3D map are two great points. Better depiction of Naval battles and siege battles sounds good as well, but I think we'll have to wait for more visual evidence. Koei's good at making things sound good.

Well, it can't get worse than 12 I suppose.

AntonKutovoi
Member Avatar
Legend
This beauty comes with complete edition of the RoTK games:
Posted Image

And this one with Gamecity edition of RoTK XIII
Posted Image

And they also staretd selling baijuu with Cao Cao's poem
Posted Image

Nightzero
Member Avatar
Officer
[ *  * ]
I hope they don't run out of the complete edition by the time I have money to get it.

Motrini
Member Avatar
Right General
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
My dream would be a successor to RTKX.
While the descriptions seem to point in that direction, the promotional screens make it look like NA14, so I'm not sure about what to expect.
I hope they worked really hard on the battle system, it has always been the weakest point in the series.
Also, from the Gematsu article
Quote:

Unlike previous entries, players will now be able to step into the role of a military commander. And the commanders that appear in the game will have more personality than ever before, with the game unfolding differently depending on how you bond with them. There’s also a “Eiketsuden Mode”

Eiketsuden like Legend of Cao Cao?
Story-centered mode with branching paths?
That could be really cool depending on how deep it will be (RTKXPK actually had something like that, although very simple).

Thai Ma
Member Avatar
Supreme Warrior-Scholar
Something heard about a western release? I wished i can play it, also when i have I till XII not.

Xiyng
Member Avatar
First Lieutenant
[ *  *  * ]
Sounds good. I just hope they don't put too much focus on drama and graphics, and instead focus on strategy as well. I'm OK with drama and graphics, but in this series, what I'm looking for is strategy.

HokutoNoBen
Member Avatar
Supreme Warrior-Scholar
SazukeEX
Tue May 19, 2015 7:49 am
Glad that the series isn't dead though they'll need to do something if they want it to garner great attention as strategy is a hard sell.
So far, it sounds like they're making a way by drumming up the RPG aspects again, which is a good sign. After all, half of the reason I got into VIII was because I could technically just focus on the misadventures of my characters for my first few playthroughs and let the game take care of the day to day grind. :hehe:

About the only other thing I could recommend would be to make Eiketsuden into a full-fledged RPG with branching paths (as suggested above) and perhaps feed into the spectacle quotient even more with magic/stylish battle scene animations in order to possibly get the DW/Dynasty Tactics crowd interested.

But that aside...it's just nice to see a ROTK that looks to be going back to the things that drew me into the series in the first place.

SazukeEX
Member Avatar
Behold Sun Shi! The Fiery Tiger Cub of Sun Ce, Lu Xun's Tigress, and the Mother Tiger of Lu Kang!
I love Legend of Cao Cao! So something similar to that would be amazing!

Rance
Member Avatar
eat your spinach
Legend of Cao Cao is a great game, but it's a tactical RPG and not really in the same genre as ROTK. There is some overlap between the two games in terms of battle systems sometimes (ROTK VIII/X had very SRPG kinda battle systems). However, Legend of Cao Cao really lacks any kind of strategy elements. It's just purely battle after battle with no governing, officer recruitment, etc.

I personally want this new ROTK to be something similar to ROTK VIII or X. If they can do that and maybe expand upon what they've done in the past, I'm happy.

Andreas-andi
Member Avatar
Emperor's Retainer
Here are two english-news about "Romance of the Three Kingdoms 13" :

Romance of the Three Kingdoms 13 announced for PS4, PS3, and PC
http://gematsu.com/2015/05/romance-three-kingdoms-13-announced-ps4-ps3-and-pc

Romance of the Three Kingdoms 13 - First Screenshots + First Details
http://gematsu.com/2015/05/first-look-romance-three-kingdoms-xiii

I hope this game comes to the west!

Rance
Member Avatar
eat your spinach
it seems like Koei is looking toward Total War for a lot of inspiration these days.

Magna Lion
Member Avatar
I love pizza.
With the game now back to the Officer POV style, can we assume that debates will return as well? Because debates are hella fun in X and XI.

Also hoping for the return of the Charisma stat since it's interesting to see how ridiculously high Zhang Jiao's is. :XD

Rance
Member Avatar
eat your spinach
My favorite thing about the charisma stat is how the "Imperial Seal" item gave you max charisma. This meant that Yuan Shu in certain scenarios had godlike charisma...somehow.

T.U.O
Member Avatar
General
[ *  *  *  * ]
Rance
Wed May 20, 2015 7:52 am
My favorite thing about the charisma stat is how the "Imperial Seal" item gave you max charisma. This meant that Yuan Shu in certain scenarios had godlike charisma...somehow.
Also He Jin has it in earlier scenarios. :hehe:

Can't get excited , I just get flashbacks of X's incompetent AI, ridicules automated battle calculation method and XI's AI's path choices. :cry:

Always played as a rogue in X cause it was too frustrating for me to play as or under any force.
I hope that the AI does use these RPG features this time around, like I want to see other officers get married, focus on upgrading a stat, try to duel every famous warrior, actually buy/find items or something.
It would also be nice to see officer be more opinionated (I think VII/VIII do that, did not play'em).

Naval battle is good news even better if that includes inner rivers and lakes.

Half a year to go, let's see what happens. :thinking:
Edited by T.U.O, Wed May 20, 2015 8:42 am.

Zai Tong
Member Avatar
StormBlessed
I only ever played 7 and 10 and thought the combat was great I preferred the unit and spaces over the rts combat

Also it allowed me to enjoy myself when I found I could just attack a city take it's supplies fall back let the enemy take it let them resupply attack the city while it's still weak and keep doing it till the enemy lacks officers I execute and is running low on food and money. Loll

2 users reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · KOEI Tactical Strategy · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Composed & Designed by, ©KOEI Warriors, 2005-2017. All rights reserved.